Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,328 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:34 AM

10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. (36115 Views)

Things Christians and Jews Don't Know About Moses That Muslims Do! / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by bigtt76(f): 10:52am On Nov 17, 2019
You forgot to add

11. Don't go for altar calls just because you want people to see that skimpy or new tight-fitted dress. So guys and ladies are always fond of doing this every Sunday.

12. Stop falling under fake anointing even when no one comes near you grin

UnknownJr:
1. ■ Constant lateness to church services and meetings. It proves that your love for God and the things of the Kingdom has grown cold. Wake up before it is too late.

2.■ Refusing to sit where the ushers direct you to sit, it's a sign of pride. Stop it.

3. ■ Always running out to pick calls with your phone ringing out so loud. Switch off or mute your phone as soon you get to church.��‍♀�

2. ■ Receiving calls repeatedly during every church services. It shows where your heart, your values and priorities are. Stop it.�

5. ■ Chewing gum or sleeping in church during sermon. Remember the church is neither a cinema hall nor a hotel. Please show reverence to your maker.����‍♀

6. ■ Sitting down during prayer or praise/worship session without any medical or health reasons. This makes you look very odd and unspiritual. Stop it.��‍♂

7. ■ Always looking at the church clock or your wrist watch during church hours insinuating that church should close. Please stop it.⌚�

8. ■ Chatting and playing games on your phone during church service. It shows you are not spiritual. Please stop it.���

9. ■ Always leaving the church before closure for no particular appointment, making others who choose to stay till the end of service feel they don't know what to do with their time. Stop it.�‍♀��

10. ■ Gathering outside the church with other members to gossip or discuss football and politics whilst worship service is going on. Stop it.�‍♂

Wake up people of God.
The King of Kings is coming soon.
God bless you.

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2454631267977722&id=618540241586843
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by golddare: 10:55am On Nov 17, 2019
I agree with 2,8 and 10 but the rest is relative and subjective unless you back it up with scripture because in different climes/occupation it may not be applicable.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Ramos16(m): 11:07am On Nov 17, 2019
blesskewe:

Ever heard of grace

Yeah, my cousin
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by blesskewe(f): 11:08am On Nov 17, 2019
Ramos16:

Yeah, my cousin
Yeye day do u grin
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by yimasin(m): 11:12am On Nov 17, 2019
Concerning point 6, is it mandatory that one must stand during prayer session?
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by stonemasonn: 11:13am On Nov 17, 2019
Lol, apart from praise and worship and hymns the rest of the activities is to watch church pastors preach....that's all.

Remove chairs from Churches, reduce time consumed on sermons, members and elders should spend time reciting memory verses and communion.

This Book of the Law shall not depart out of thy mouth, but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein. For then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success......Joshua 1:8.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by henryobinna(m): 11:18am On Nov 17, 2019
Oluwatosean:
CLICK
Refusing to sit where ushers direct you doesn't mean you are proud... It's the house of The Lord not the ushers house.
You can sit wherever you want,wherever you are comfortable...

As an introvert, I hate front seats so when usher trys to usher me to the front I decline and take a seat @d back...
Doesn't mean I'm proud

I agree with the rest.
there has to be orderliness in the house of God cos God is not an author of disorder and confu. Those urshers were kept there to help maintain this orderliness.

About being an introvert, many people are but we end up finding a way to outgrow that. otherwise it'll affect you outside of the house of God.

bless you
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Kaykaymil(m): 11:18am On Nov 17, 2019
These are not christian rules they are normal etiquettes a sane human being should have both in church and other dealings with Human beings.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Bukden16(m): 11:24am On Nov 17, 2019
Wetin chewing gum cone de do with God again?

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nlPoster: 11:25am On Nov 17, 2019
I won't say Nigerian Christians but some Nairaland Christians why do you make your religion seem so weird and as if you dont require sense to practice it?

See what op typed without even caring how it looks. Would people want to go to church knowing this kind of attitude is what they'll encounter there? You confuse church with bondage.

You yourself won't enjoy the service because you are busy nitpicking and looking for who to jump on instead of worshipping God. Imagine the kind of bad belle and evil wishes op and some other people typed, is it not the devil speaking through you?

Do you really have to be told?

Deliver us from evil oh God.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by kelvxyn: 11:30am On Nov 17, 2019
because of d week days stress. Man z nt machine.
Kulas:
I hate people coming late to church.There are people that have taken it as habit.I do ask them,if you cannot come late to your work place you go Monday to Friday(Saturday), while should it be on church service.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nlPoster: 11:37am On Nov 17, 2019
Kulas:
I hate people coming late to church.There are people that have taken it as habit.I do ask them,if you cannot come late to your work place you go Monday to Friday(Saturday), while should it be on church service.

https://www.nairaland.com/568790/she-like-way-pump-wants

https://www.nairaland.com/911485/blue-film-nearly-cost-relationship

https://www.nairaland.com/482272/break-u-u-cant-lick

https://www.nairaland.com/1004151/body-dont-respond-se.x-romance.pls

https://www.nairaland.com/359351/want-want-me-suck-cuntwhat
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nlPoster: 11:42am On Nov 17, 2019
UnknownJr:
Awón werey want to use close up to close up their loose Toto...

Chai, everyday I always see&hear something funny in this country.

UnknownJr:
Coming from someone who doesn't have anything to offer than her Toto.

UnknownJr:
The greatest problem of a black man is a black man himself.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nlPoster: 11:45am On Nov 17, 2019
I think the few Nigerians who are intelligent, have somehow given the impression all Nigerians are intelligent.

We can see that is not so.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Yimmicks: 11:46am On Nov 17, 2019
So I should sit in a place I don't like because an usher is directing me there...mtchewwww

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Onalow: 11:59am On Nov 17, 2019
Nuklex:
This is a whole lot of nonsense.

Instead tell them to stay away from fornication after church.

Tell them not to live with anyone they not are married to as if they are husband and wife.

Tell them to go to church with worshipping God in mind not to show people their new clothes or new look.

Tell them to live by the word of God not word of priests or pastors.

Tell them to dress decent to church.

Tell them not lust over people's wives and husbands in or outside church.

Tell them to stop forming circles in the house of God. Like circle of graduates.circle of rich bachelors, circle of millionaires. Circle of ladies with rich husbands.

Preach Gospel not Church Doctrine.

Shalom!!!

I couldn't help thanking you. Well said.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by gojgyt: 12:10pm On Nov 17, 2019
Follow iam_welshh on instagram..this dude is fire.he,s about to drop a track..i promise you that you,ll not be disappointed..support ur fellow nigerian..thank you everyone
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nemynely(m): 12:44pm On Nov 17, 2019
SoftP:
Op is self righteous.

@No.1- some churches that starts at 6.30am, careless about the security of others especially the less privileged members. offcourse most preachers are mobile, can u say same for all church members?

@2. Not everyone likes front seats as most ushers Compell members to take front rows. Some persons are introverts, if u force them, u ruin their self confidence

3. Oga, if u have an emergency case as a doctor or pressing needs at home, u won't attend to it baa because say u dey church baa'. Kilode?

4. @ chewing gum, i guess many persons chew gum to stay awake. Pointless unless you go loud with it

@No.9. Some preachers prefer keeping members all day in church, sometimes with irrelevant announcement.
Oga, if u have a job to do' abeg go work ooo. Our God is not a selfish God

I'm not in anyway against sanity in God's vineyard, but the way people takes christianity so stiff in this part of our world makes it look as if it's base on compulsion and not salvation.

biko, Una dey make people fear church for Africa.

Not at all. Op isn't self righteous, rather op simply spoke according to his level of knowledge. In Christianity, the deeper your knowledge, the more broad-minded you become ( 2nd Timothy 2v15).

Let me cite some examples

I have very delicate ears and as such I keep a safe distance from loudspeakers. True, when I make it to church minutes before the commencement of service, I get to choose any location to sit. However will I have to incur a hearing impairment all because I decided to obey the ushers and allow them place in an uncomfortable location? Judge ye.

I am a medical practitioner and my phone line is expected to be active 24/7. For instance, after completing a call duty from Saturday to Sunday morning and handed over to my colleague and gotten to the church with my phone switched off. I really wonder how my colleague will be able to reach me for further clarifications on a particular patient whilst in Church. You may choose to give a wave of the hand answer but before you do, assume your relative is the patient in question for whom urgent clarification is sought. I bet you will curse me from wherever you are for switching off my phone! Mind you, I have never switched off my phone in the banking hall and I receive calls there too. Like I usually do at the petrol station and in the church, I step out to answer the phone which is usually set to vibrate while in Church.

Let me stop here before this turns into an epistle. But op, please let love lead.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nemynely(m): 12:53pm On Nov 17, 2019
nlPoster:

@nlPoster, go and join DSS/FBI.
If indeed what you dug up is true, then truly the internet never forgets!
I have been doing a lot of thinking and one of the conclusions I have arrived at scares me deeply.
The conclusion that it will be very difficult, if not extremely difficult for a Nigerian Christian to make heaven. This is a resource topic for another day.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by olamakinde(m): 12:58pm On Nov 17, 2019
Kulas:
why would you hate a fellow man like you
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nlPoster: 1:05pm On Nov 17, 2019
nemynely:

@nlPoster, go and join DSS/FBI.
If indeed what you dug up is true, then truly the internet never forgets!
I have been doing a lot of thinking and one of the conclusions I have arrived at scares me deeply.
The conclusion that it will be very difficult, if not extremely difficult for a Nigerian Christian to make heaven. This is a resource topic for another day.

The main issue is lack of self awareness.

You (ie that person) are so bold to be boasting of your openly fornicating up and down, yet you ignore that and be monitoring other people who are even more serious about Christianity than yourself?

I dont get it. My point is do you know you are not qualified to judge others?
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by solz007(m): 1:09pm On Nov 17, 2019
blesskewe:
That number 9 day annoy me ehhhh
What if they die while rushing home

They'll Rush To Heaven!
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Liposure: 1:10pm On Nov 17, 2019
No 2, 3, 4 n 9 is excusable
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Vokians(m): 1:14pm On Nov 17, 2019
@ Op you made good points. But that number 2, for most people they prefer sitting at where will make them comfortable. Some usher will even ask you to sit close to loud speaker undermining the hazard. But some people are proud anyway. In their mind " who are you to instruct me on where to sit, do you know who I am"? Or," I cannot sit close to that person that dressed like a beggar".
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nlPoster: 1:18pm On Nov 17, 2019
In the Nigerian setting, why exactly would you dress like a beggar to church if you dont have to? Meaning it's not like you cant afford to dress properly. And especially knowing the importance Nigerians place on your outward appearance when in church?

So your good clothes are for where? Owambe?

You who are talking, assuming you see someone with saggy trousers in church and halfway below the visible boxers, would you comfortably sit beside him? Discuss.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Nobody: 1:35pm On Nov 17, 2019
Oluwatosean:
CLICK
Refusing to sit where ushers direct you doesn't mean you are proud... It's the house of The Lord not the ushers house.

As an introvert, I hate front seats so when usher trys to usher me to the front I decline and take a seat @d back...
Doesn't mean I'm proud

I agree with the rest.
the usher is a worker meant to maintain decorum.... Going to sit at the back when their empty sits at the front will lead to disorderliness so its better u obey the rules in set in place in the house of God

If u went to an interview to get a job and u are directed to the front would u go and stay at the back just because u are an introvert.....

Pls let's reverence the things of God above men
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nlPoster: 1:38pm On Nov 17, 2019
Chidorx60:
the usher is a worker meant to maintain decorum.... Going to sit at the back when their empty sits at the front will lead to disorderliness so its better u obey the rules in set in place in the house of God

If u went to an interview to get a job and u are directed to the front would u go and stay at the back just because u are an introvert.....

Pls let's reverence the things of God above men

Stop comparing church to job, while I have no problem with the constant insistence on where people prefer other people sit, my understanding is you are paid ie make money at a job but you are not paid to come to church.

And then, being given church responsibilities doesnt have to mean "do what I say or I take offence and badmouth you" , or "yes, this is my opportunity to settle scores with that person". If you feel that way or demonstrate those traits, then you need training on what being given responsibility entails.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Nobody: 1:41pm On Nov 17, 2019
Oluwatosean:
CLICK

Doesn't mean I'm proud

I agree with the rest.

Just happened to me today, I just told the lady. No, I don't want to sit in the front. I took back seat. No big deal here.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Nobody: 1:43pm On Nov 17, 2019
nlPoster:

Stop comparing church to job, while I have no problem with the constant insistence on where people prefer other people sit, my understanding is you are paid ie make money at a job but you are not paid to come to church.
It's seems u dont have an inkling of the significance of the house of God....so because nobody gives u physical cash for coming to church u feel u are doing someone else a favour by coming to church....

Well for ur information when u find ur self in the church obey the rules thereir in respect to the almighty God it is a commandments from God.....he says reverence my sanctuary
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by chukzyfcbb: 1:48pm On Nov 17, 2019
Rubbish!

After doing all this, y'all will come out on Monday and still act the same.

Nigerians are quick to have God on thier lips but far away from thier heart, if most people actually exhibited Godly character off church day, I would have taken all this seriously.

All these one na eye service!
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nlPoster: 1:50pm On Nov 17, 2019
chukzyfcbb:
Rubbish!

Nigerians are quick to have God on thier lips but far away from thier heart, if most people actually exhibited Godly character off church day, I would have taken all this seriously.

You're asking for godly character outside of church instead of inside church.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daniel Olukoya Celebrates His 64th Birthday With His Wife All Loved-Up (Video) / Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress / Biodun Fatoyinbo Demands N50m From Busola Dakolo, Files Counter-claim

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.