Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,139 members, 7,829,073 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. (36114 Views)

Things Christians and Jews Don't Know About Moses That Muslims Do! / Lady Beaten And Injured In Taraba Church For Not Dressing Properly / Man Sent Out Of Lagos Church For Wearing This (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by chukzyfcbb: 1:52pm On Nov 17, 2019
nlPoster:

You're asking for godly character outside of church instead of inside church.
Yes because inside church everyone is of thier best behaviour, so all I see are snakes in sheep clothing's.

outside church most of them have very ugly persona!
I don't judge people by what they say anymore,i judge them by what they dosmiley

You can say a whole lot of things but will never have the flair to act on it. Talk is cheap!
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Kenneth4u205(m): 1:56pm On Nov 17, 2019
UnknownJr:
1. ■ Constant lateness to church services and meetings. It proves that your love for God and the things of the Kingdom has grown cold. Wake up before it is too late.

2.■ Refusing to sit where the ushers direct you to sit, it's a sign of pride. Stop it.

3. ■ Always running out to pick calls with your phone ringing out so loud. Switch off or mute your phone as soon you get to church.��‍♀�

2. ■ Receiving calls repeatedly during every church services. It shows where your heart, your values and priorities are. Stop it.�

5. ■ Chewing gum or sleeping in church during sermon. Remember the church is neither a cinema hall nor a hotel. Please show reverence to your maker.����‍♀

6. ■ Sitting down during prayer or praise/worship session without any medical or health reasons. This makes you look very odd and unspiritual. Stop it.��‍♂

7. ■ Always looking at the church clock or your wrist watch during church hours insinuating that church should close. Please stop it.⌚�

8. ■ Chatting and playing games on your phone during church service. It shows you are not spiritual. Please stop it.���

9. ■ Always leaving the church before closure for no particular appointment, making others who choose to stay till the end of service feel they don't know what to do with their time. Stop it.�‍♀��

10. ■ Gathering outside the church with other members to gossip or discuss football and politics whilst worship service is going on. Stop it.�‍♂

Wake up people of God.
The King of Kings is coming soon.
God bless you.

https://m.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2454631267977722&id=618540241586843
only number 2 is valid .The rest is done because the pastor doesn't have any anointing .he only talk and talk and talk without visible evidence of the holy spirit in deliverance,healing ,salvation ,etc.so people end up doing such things .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by bigiyaro(m): 1:58pm On Nov 17, 2019
RoyalBlu:
Very well said OP.

There should be utmost respect for the sanctity of the church.

But the 'switching off' the phone part will be difficult you know. Most people now, don't carry Bibles again. Mobile Bible is the in thing for them.

that is why the flight mode is there.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by coputa(m): 2:04pm On Nov 17, 2019
Oluwatosean:
CLICK
Refusing to sit where ushers direct you doesn't mean you are proud... It's the house of The Lord not the ushers house.
You can sit wherever you want,wherever you are comfortable...

As an introvert, I hate front seats so when usher trys to usher me to the front I decline and take a seat @d back...
Doesn't mean I'm proud

I agree with the rest.
The house of God should be organized despite your emotions
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Vivyy(f): 2:05pm On Nov 17, 2019
Oluwatosean:
CLICK
Refusing to sit where ushers direct you doesn't mean you are proud... It's the house of The Lord not the ushers house.

As an introvert, I hate front seats so when usher trys to usher me to the front I decline and take a seat @d back...
Doesn't mean I'm proud
H
I agree with the rest.

Totally! I particularly try to avoid sitting close to the speakers, either front or back. I hate noise and can't be going home with headache weekly grin
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by coputa(m): 2:07pm On Nov 17, 2019
YungMike:
Church is in the heart❤️

Close to 90% of churches in the world are scam houses.

Meanwhile, WANT TO CALL NAIJA NUMBERS FOR A CHEAP AMOUNT FROM ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD?? CHECK MY SIGNATURE FOR CONTACT
You have been brainwashed.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nlPoster: 2:11pm On Nov 17, 2019
coputa:
The house of God should be organized despite your emotions

But look at your contribution here:

https://www.nairaland.com/4286950/it-wise-aquire-many-properties

Which issue do you think you need God's guidance with, seating in church or what you mentioned on that thread?
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Dpaulie(m): 2:12pm On Nov 17, 2019
SincereBigot:
what if you die while going home after church closes
What if they die inside the church?
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by MrCuteking(m): 2:15pm On Nov 17, 2019
Truefaith:
Check this issue up with your Bible open at

www.thetruechristianfaith.com

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by sweetrace(f): 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2019
Galaticos444:
If d love of money is d root of all evil,why den is it needed in churches?

Money in itself is not the root of all evil. The love of money is.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 17, 2019
Church is just a building, like PUBs, Restuarants, Hotels, Nightclubs, Supermarkets and Shopping malls.

Just Do what da hell you want in the Church, If the crooked pastor don't like it go to Another church, Afterall Churches are now Business, the thieving pastor is the one who will lose customers.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by letitrainnow(m): 2:21pm On Nov 17, 2019
Nice post.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by UnusualJhay(m): 2:21pm On Nov 17, 2019
Come to my church
Full life Christian centre, Uyo and see drama grin grin grin, even Jesus wouldn't be proud of his bride if she were to be just my church angry cry cry
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by TOPCRUISE(m): 2:24pm On Nov 17, 2019
Looking at ladies bumbum when they are twerking during praise and worship. I tried not to look and I am still trying angry
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by coputa(m): 2:31pm On Nov 17, 2019
nlPoster:

But look at your contribution here:

https://www.nairaland.com/4286950/it-wise-aquire-many-properties

Which issue do you think you need God's guidance with, seating in church or what you mentioned on that thread?
The thread you referred to has no bearing with the topic at hand.
God and creation is organized,his house should ne same,ditto his disciples
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by coputa(m): 2:45pm On Nov 17, 2019
Judybash93:
And why are Africans taking this foreign religion personally?
It's not ours, let's find ourselves
We should embrace what is good, The foreigners you referred to served God(practiced Christianity) and your forefathers worshipped idol(((Africans)
Today the foreigners has prospered beyond measure while you (African) still remain behind.
The little we have achieved is as a result of is presence..
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by chewwie(m): 2:48pm On Nov 17, 2019
I happen to be guilty of everything on the list
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by boninho: 2:58pm On Nov 17, 2019
The one I really advocate for is avoiding lateness and answering calls.

One question comes to mind...if you were to attend a job interview or visa interview, you'll never go late. Why go late to church services...most times you only go to the church only on Sundays sef

Or if you were in a meeting with the Governor over a contract, will your phone even ring out or say you go out to answer the call, never.

God demands absolute reverence.....there's nothing so important that can't wait for 2-3hrs for church service to end

1 Like

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nlPoster: 2:58pm On Nov 17, 2019
coputa:
The thread you referred to has no bearing with the topic at hand.
God and creation is organized,his house should ne same,ditto his disciples

It has a bearing because your attitude needs adjusting, you shouldn't be straining out a gnat and swallowing a camel.

Just saying.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nlPoster: 3:00pm On Nov 17, 2019
boninho:
The one I really advocate for is avoiding lateness and answering calls.

One question comes to mind...if you were to attend a job interview or visa interview, you'll never go late. Why go late to church services...most times you only go to the church only on Sundays sef

Or if you were in a meeting with the Governor over a contract, will your phone even ring out or say you go out to answer the call, never.

God demands absolute reverence.....there's nothing so important that can't wait for 2-3hrs for church service to end

Making money is different from going to church.

How many times do I have to say this?

When you make the money and splash it in church, is everyone not happier than when you beg them for crumbs and are always the first to warm the seats every sunday?
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Goalnaldo(m): 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2019
What of those of us, though holy and righteous, can't help staring at bum bum. I don't do 85% of those things but you see bum bum eh.. what number are we categorised
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by xynerise: 3:04pm On Nov 17, 2019
bigtt76:
It's not those that come late that are ushered to the front seats rather those that come early. Most churches like grandstanding and so would do all that is possible to fill up the front row seats before they begin live transmission of the service on social media cheesy

It's called packaging grin
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by bigtt76(f): 3:07pm On Nov 17, 2019
xynerise:

It's called packaging grin

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nlPoster: 3:10pm On Nov 17, 2019
Goalnaldo:
What of those of us, though holy and righteous, can't help staring at bum bum. I don't do 85% of those things but you see bum bum eh.. what number are we categorised

Avert your gaze, open your bible and read something.

Face front, look at the pastor.

Check out the church decor, this is where interior design comes in.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by chuksoyo21(m): 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2019
Ushers are fond of reserving the front seats and other comfortable positions for well dressed members, not minding that there are people who were in church earlier. God is not respecter of man and such should be strictly discouraged.. I went to church late today to church, the church was filled up and an usher beckoned on me to take me for a seat in the front.
I declined for the reason that if am late to church, I should seat behind...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by coputa(m): 3:33pm On Nov 17, 2019
nlPoster:

It has a bearing because your attitude needs adjusting, you shouldn't be swallowing a camel and straining out a gnat.

Just saying.
maybe you were somehow offended by that thread but it altruistic,that been said,God radiates in organized entities.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by nlPoster: 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2019
coputa:
maybe you were somehow offended by that thread but it altruistic,that been said,God radiates in organized entities.

No, I wasnt offended.

God created both organization and disorganization, balance is the main thing.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Emmaxx: 3:59pm On Nov 17, 2019
Kulas:
I hate people coming late to church.There are people that have taken it as habit.I do ask them,if you cannot come late to your work place you go Monday to Friday(Saturday), while should it be on church service.
Christians don't hate, Sir. Pls, read I John2:8-11. I love you! God bless you.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Neroiam(m): 3:59pm On Nov 17, 2019
RoyalBlu:
Very well said OP.

There should be utmost respect for the sanctity of the church.

But the 'switching off' the phone part will be difficult you know. Most people now, don't carry Bibles again. Mobile Bible is the in thing for them.

Let them flight the phone to avoid calls/notifications
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by xcelentattitude(m): 4:20pm On Nov 17, 2019
Oluwatosean:
CLICK

Doesn't mean I'm proud

I agree with the rest.

There's something called 'orderliness' you know

You're right about the fact that it's God's house not the usher's house. But, it wasn't God that came down physically to arrange the chairs. People can't just sit anywhere they feel like. That's not order.

You said you are an introvert, Even in the presence of your maker? Anyways, God bless you.
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by paxonel(m): 4:35pm On Nov 17, 2019
Kulas:
I hate people coming late to church.There are people that have taken it as habit.I do ask them,if you cannot come late to your work place you go Monday to Friday(Saturday), while should it be on church service.
dem dey pay salary for church?
Re: 10 Things Christians Should Avoid In Church For Their Own Good. by Legendguru: 4:46pm On Nov 17, 2019
Oh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Daniel Olukoya Celebrates His 64th Birthday With His Wife All Loved-Up (Video) / Christain View Point On Long Hair, Tattoos, Body Piercing And The Way We Dress / Is It Wrong For Women To Make Their Hair With Attachment Or Weavon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.