Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,849 members, 7,820,959 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:19 AM

Muslim Cleric Manhandled By Thugs At Praying Ground[holy Land] - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Muslim Cleric Manhandled By Thugs At Praying Ground[holy Land] (1582 Views)

Photos Of Ofinjite Amachree That Was Burnt By Thugs In Rivers / Lifeless Body Of Aaron Douye Audu, A PDP Agent Killed By Thugs In Bayelsa(pics / Police Officer Attacked By Thugs In Kogi Ahead Of Gov Elections (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslim Cleric Manhandled By Thugs At Praying Ground[holy Land] by AloyEmeka5: 11:24pm On Nov 18, 2010
[size=14pt]Sallah drama: Political thugs manhandle religious leader at praying ground [/size]
From GBENGA ADESUYI, Ibadan

Wednesday, November 17, 2010
In what appeared like a dress rehearsal for what to expect in 2011, suspected political thugs allegedly loyal to the Deputy Governor of Oyo State, Alhaji Taofeek Arapaja, yesterday invaded the Agodi praying ground and physically assaulted an Ibadan- born religious leader and businessman, Lateef Oyelade.

http://odili.net/news/source/2010/nov/17/513.html

Daily Sun gathered that, a security report had earlier warned that Agodi praying ground was not safe for the opposition group to the second term ambition of Governor Adebayo Alao-Akala within the ruling Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) including Senator Lekan Balogun, former governor Rashidi Ladoja, Senate Leader, Teslim Balogun and former deputy national chairman of the party, Yekeen Adeojo.

The report, it was further learnt, may have forced the group to abandon the Agodi praying ground for other praying grounds within the city.

The decision was described as a means of avoiding possible violence at the praying ground.

None of the members of the anti-Akala coalition was sighted at the praying ground yesterday. former governor, Rashidi Ladoja prayed at the University of Ibadan ground, and Senate Leader Teslim Folrin, at the Ansurudeen praying ground, Obafemi Awolowo Stadium area Oke-Ado in Ibadan . Unknown to Oyelade, that there was an unfavourable security report which kept away virtually all top Ibadan Muslim politicians from observing the Eid prayer at the popular Agodi praying ground, the religious leader incurred the wrath of the hoodlums when he openly challenged the decision of some hoodlum to take over the three front row seats usually reserved for religious leaders as well as politicians in the state.

The thugs, it was alleged had arrived the ground as early as 7.00am in a bid to ensure that all the three front rows were occupied ahead the arrival of the Deputy Governor, Arapaja, who later arrived at 9.00am and sat among them. One of the notable muslims that came before the (Deputy-Governor, Dauda Lawore, (a.k.a. Omo Oku-Orun) was said to have challenged the hoodlums for taking over the front rows but was rebuffed, a situation which made him leave the venue in protest and annoyance. Oyelade who arrived later was also said to have challenged the action of the hoodlums, unknown to him that somebody had earlier challenged the sitting arrangement.

He was to have openly complained to the Deputy-Governor, with the intention that the Deputy Governor would call the thugs to order, but unfortunately he got the shock of his life, as the thugs rough-handled and molested him. But for the intervention of some Islamic faithful around, the old man could have been beaten up. The ugly development led to protest by the congregation, who decried the action of the hoodlums for invading the place of worship. The Chief Imam of Ibadanland, Shiek Suara Haruna also had difficulty appealing to the congregation as well as Oyelade who left the praying ground to go and observe his prayer elsewhere.
Re: Muslim Cleric Manhandled By Thugs At Praying Ground[holy Land] by AloyEmeka5: 4:31am On Nov 19, 2010
Akala will shoot himself into a 2nd term. If you love your life, don't mess with his ambition and bleaching cream.
Re: Muslim Cleric Manhandled By Thugs At Praying Ground[holy Land] by aljharem(m): 4:45am On Nov 19, 2010
Aloy+Emeka:

Akala will shoot himself into a 2nd term. If you love your life, don't mess with his ambition and bleaching cream.
grin grin grin grin grin

emeka no kill me grin grin
Re: Muslim Cleric Manhandled By Thugs At Praying Ground[holy Land] by koruji(m): 4:59am On Nov 19, 2010
I think President GEJ should consider a joint military-police team for this upcoming elections in all states and major towns.

Otherwise, the ruiner of good intentions are going to make sure to complete their ruination.

Aloy+Emeka:

Re: Muslim Cleric Manhandled By Thugs At Praying Ground[holy Land] by knotty(m): 1:02pm On Nov 19, 2010
UPN of yore entrenched politics of thuggery in that State. remember the Olunloyo/Bola Ige/Adelakun debacle? the seed for eternal thuggery was sown and generations yet unborn then are now reaping it. Adelabu of infant memory, was a child`s play compared to the violence those pair unleashed on the State.
Akala is just using what he met on ground to keep himself in office. to stop him, you need violence on a much grander scale. as yet, i have not seen, i have not heard of anyone capable of deploying the violence Akala is capable of. somebody. please update me, if you know
Re: Muslim Cleric Manhandled By Thugs At Praying Ground[holy Land] by AloyEmeka5: 1:36pm On Nov 19, 2010
knotty:

UPN of yore entrenched politics of thuggery in that State. remember the Olunloyo/Bola Ige/Adelakun debacle? the seed for eternal thuggery was sown and generations yet unborn then are now reaping it. Adelabu of infant memory, was a child`s play compared to the violence those pair unleashed on the State.
Akala is just using what he met on ground to keep himself in office. to stop him, you need violence on a much grander scale. as yet, i have not seen, i have not heard of anyone capable of deploying the violence Akala is capable of. somebody. please update me, if you know

The seed of thuggery is in every state and local govt in Nigeria and not only Oyo state. Let us stop acting as if all the political evils lies in only Oyo state.
Re: Muslim Cleric Manhandled By Thugs At Praying Ground[holy Land] by knotty(m): 1:58pm On Nov 19, 2010
i saw this breed of thugs first hand.
they came in loads of tippers. they killed. they maimed. they went unchallenged. and, they won the election.
way back 1984, things were different. these guys set the pace.
do you think Oyo State is called PACESETTER STATE for nothing? think again, my brother.
Re: Muslim Cleric Manhandled By Thugs At Praying Ground[holy Land] by tolu001: 2:46pm On Nov 19, 2010
i have not heard of anyone capable of deploying the violence Akala is capable of. somebody. please update me, if you know

The kind of battalion the ibadan indigenes are building with the aid of Tokyo (NURTW) is something to reckon with and it's capable of throwing Oyo state into a complete state of anarchy as they are ready to match force with force with the Akala's boys under Lateef Salako(Eleweomo) come 2011. What they are displaying now is just introduction, just watch out for the real war anytime soon as the election draws nearer.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE A DESPERATE MAN; AKALA IS ONE, SO BEWARE!!!

God save Oyo State, God save Nigeria
Re: Muslim Cleric Manhandled By Thugs At Praying Ground[holy Land] by hakanai(m): 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2010
For me this is what happens when Muslims fail to follow the proper ways Islam states.In this case you are not to reserve any such space for anybody if not the Imam and possibly the persons directly behind him.For this persons is not even reserved is just to make sure a learned group(4 persons directly behind him in the first row). Just incase Imam needs to swap.For you to get the first row position, Islam require you come earlier than others period.About reserving space in the mosque as i know,Is not Islamic. If the thugs are there first, the Deputy Governor should get another free place period.The responsibility of a true Muslim Leader is living by example.If you need front row come early next time. undecided

Imams take note and tell them all this political criminals you keep giving relevance and allowing the humiliate the average Muslim.For the thugs i can't see there hearts.If they came to cause trouble that is for them and Allah.If it is to worship then you can't come and ask them to clear space for you. undecided
Re: Muslim Cleric Manhandled By Thugs At Praying Ground[holy Land] by AloyEmeka5: 3:14am On Nov 21, 2010
tolu001:

The kind of battalion the ibadan indigenes are building with the aid of Tokyo (NURTW) is something to reckon with and it's capable of throwing Oyo state into a complete state of anarchy as they are ready to match force with force with the Akala's boys under Lateef Salako(Eleweomo) come 2011. What they are displaying now is justĀ  introduction, just watch out for the real war anytime soon as the election draws nearer.

NEVER UNDERESTIMATE A DESPERATE MAN; AKALA IS ONE, SO BEWARE!!!

God save Oyo State, God save Nigeria

Are you for real?. So, Adedibu resurrected on Tokyo?. Where was this Tokyo when Adedibu was reigning?

Tokyo
Re: Muslim Cleric Manhandled By Thugs At Praying Ground[holy Land] by tolu001: 7:59pm On Dec 11, 2010
^^^ It's very obvious you know very little or nothing about the politics in Ibadan, Tokyo was what Adedubi used all through the elections to foment serious troubles in Oyo state after his demise, Akala started seeing Tokyo as a threat, things went sour between them cos he knew he couldn't trust Tokyo and decided to deal with him, he raised some dusts, set him up and installed his deputy (Eleweomo) whom he felt he's more comfortable wilth and can use at will. With Eleweomo at the helms of affair of NURTW in oyo state after successfully sending Tokyo to jail, nobody dare challenges Akala.

As 2011 draws nearer, some notably Ibadan politicians read the handwriting on the wall and knew they stand no chance against AKala when it comes to violence with his puppet controlling all the so-called agents of death in the NURTW, they decided to sought for a formidable force that can withstand or better still suppress the Akala battallion in the person of Tokyo who will be happy to hit back at his purported enemy (Akala) and his betrayal deputy (Eleweomo). They assisted him to get out of jail and now he his really in full force to sought his revenge and in turn assist his pay masters (Ibadan politicians) to seize the mandate from Akala come 2011.

(1) (Reply)

Anambra Set To Embrace Mechanized Farming / Gay Church Opens In Nigeria / Nairaland! Fake News Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.