Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,196 members, 7,835,968 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:21 PM

Is This Normal? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is This Normal? (3956 Views)

Is This Normal For Traditional Wedding List? / I Love Being Alone. Is This Normal? / My 4-Year-Old Niece Loves To Perceive Horrific Scents. Is This Normal? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 11:26am On Nov 18, 2019
duduade:
How long did you guys date/court before marriage... You must have observed these things in him...

I will advise you also engage his time too.. Plan hangouts for you both... Spice up sex life too at home... I am sure there must be a way to hold him down... Get his whole attention and you still haven't found his mumu button..

True
Re: Is This Normal? by nautybride: 11:44am On Nov 18, 2019
nahzyla:

Lmao @ bolded. It's a risky thing actually. That's why married people should hang out with each other and singles vice versa.
Few singles are mature though. Except she wants to leave the marriage, she has to adapt.
Re: Is This Normal? by baby124: 2:00pm On Nov 18, 2019
nahzyla:

Calm down
I didn't ask her to work herself to a frazzle.

That's why I asked her to engage in hobbies or activities she enjoys doing. Personally I enjoy drawing so even after returning from work I can still draw a few lines on paper before bed and admire my work.
Secondly in an ideal society nothing is wrong with expecting her husband to bond with her but truth is that many nigerian husbands are not romantic and are quite misogynistic so they dont see the value in things like that. It becomes unrealistic when you live in a society where many men look down on showing tenderness or being romantic to their wives. She should keep herself entertained in other ways instead of pining over him.
Well... what a sad marriage that will be. I don’t know about many Nigerian men who are like this o. Except they have their own circles. Not my experience.
Re: Is This Normal? by doitforyou(f): 2:10pm On Nov 18, 2019
OP, since he’s doing his own thing, you too go do your own thing. What were you doing before you got married? We women take “and two shall become one” too literally!

“See finish” is not only in dating o, the same rules apply here. When you become unavailable, you become interesting to him again. I know it sounds counterintuitive in a marriage but we’ve being lied to, two individuals with different personalities, hobbies, quirks etc can never become one. When the dust settles, it’s natural for human beings to try to go back to their default mode.

Some people are too selfish to compromise, for the unselfish ones, some start to resent you for trying to change them. Like many posters have said, do your own thing, bond over your experiences and if you’re lucky, your separate activities will rub off on each other.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 18, 2019
Acidosis:

Lol. You never see anything oo. You're going to raise HIS kids alone. That's how it works. Also, be prepared to cheat on him. That's the reality. Whether you like it or not, you will cheat.
True fact.

He might be lucky to father one.
By the time he knows what's up, he will be training another man's child grin

Men always learn the hard way. U don't eat your cake and have it.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Nov 18, 2019
@op, u have to shift ground a bit. U don't like movies, u don't like football, what do u like?

My husband loves rap music with passion and Nigerian musicians. I hate these group of people but because of him, I know about davido and wizkid etc.
Phyno, òlamide, American rappers, name them. All of us are nigars (ABI whatever u wanna call them) in this house grin.

Imagine me, rapping shocked shocked

8 wonders of the world cheesy cheesy cheesy

He too has adjusted to some of the things I like.

2 Likes

Re: Is This Normal? by bukatyne(f): 2:43pm On Nov 18, 2019
Jadeobee:
My husband is starting to irritate me. He is always visiting his friends every minute, in a week it’s at least 3-4 times. Sometimes when we’re meant to spend quality time together, he will go to his friends house and spend 6-7 hours and come back at like 12am. If it’s not his friends, then he is on the phone with one family member for hours discussing one issue or the other. Every minute it’s one friend issue or family issue, I’m starting to think this is not normal. After discussing this problem, many times he claims he will try to change and find a balance but it only gets worse. I’m the homely type he is the outgoing type, but he can’t stay in one place. I don’t want to push him away from his people but for goodness sake, must he go to see his friends every minute, I just think it’s unreasonable. One of my friends also complains about the same thing, why are some men like this for crying out loud ?

Could it be that he feels your irritation and goes further from you?

Or why would a man marry you and do everything possible to be away from you?
Re: Is This Normal? by bukatyne(f): 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2019
Jadeobee:
The thing is, he never takes me out on dates. We never do things together but he is so quick to meet up with his friends. I’ve followed him to his friends house very few times and I just don’t enjoy listening to men talk about football and drink beer. Even when they come to our house, it’s the same thing. Sincerely, those are his friends and not mine I shouldn’t have to follow him around like a parrot . It’s like he puts his friends before everything and everyone. I’m sick and tired of him

Na wa for you.

He takes you to his friends place, you don't like their discussions. Should they discuss what you like?

Doesn't these friends have wives? Don't you have a common thing to discuss or worse case, entertain your husbands together.

Once in a while, when he watches ball at home, make/buy some snacks, put his feet on your laps and massage them while he watches.

Seeing hot men run around the field chasing a ball with passion is enough incentive to watch football.
Re: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 2:46pm On Nov 18, 2019
Jadeobee:
Yeah We’re not enemies we are cordial but we are not best buddies. We are cool. The same way I don’t expect my hubby to be forcefully friends with my friends husbands. That’s not even the issue here, the issue is that he is always out every minute neglecting me

Unless they have questionable characters, it's advisable u become very friendly with them. Ur husband's friends should be your friends and vise versa. It's always encouraged and bridges gaps and also very healthy.

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal? by bukatyne(f): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2019
RoyalBlu:

No kids yet, and he's this way?

This is the best time to strengthen your bond.

Make him understand you are his priority, not his friends.

It's well.

They don't sound like they have common interests.
Re: Is This Normal? by crackhaus: 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2019
sassysure:

@op, u have to shift ground a bit. U don't like movies, u don't like football, what do u like?

My husband loves rap music with passion and Nigerian musicians. I hate these group of people but because of him, I know about davido and wizkid etc.
Phyno, òlamide, American rappers, name them. All of us are nigars (ABI whatever u wanna call them) in this house grin.

She probably only likes to cuddle, have sex, and listen to him whisper sweet nothings into her ears from morning till night.
She has no interests, has nothing to talk about, and is also a complainer.

The man even suggested they stay home to watch movies together, but aunty nagged him back to his friends place again. grin

Such a bore.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Normal? by bukatyne(f): 2:51pm On Nov 18, 2019
KillerBeauty:

Asin eh. I'm a single lady and I leave home for work 5am and cone back home 6pm. I don't even have time for myself not to talk of visiting friends.

So I don't understand how a married man will be hanging out with friends 3-4 times a week and spending 7hrs there.
Is he jobless?
Are his friends jobless?
Where does he find the time to gist about football and drink beer for 7hrs straight 3-4 times a week?

I think OP is exaggerating.

7hrs hours 4 times a week?

That is like 4pm - 11pm 4times a week.

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal? by temi4fash(m): 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2019
liberalchick:
It is normal.

The honeymoon is over, expectations have to be adjusted. Most women think the man will spend as much time as he did when they were dating, most men think they’re still single.

When ‘see finish’ sets in a marriage doesn’t matter the man’s personality it stings. DH doesn’t drink, he’s introverted and he loves staying indoors. We were under one roof but continents apart. His poison? Computer games and watching the UFC. What I did? I am not a wallower so I stopped hovering and waiting, I sought out my own entertainment, I joined a local Arsenal fan club and watched matches every weekend at the local bar. The unintended happened, we will swap gists about what we did that day, unknowingly, we were creating new materials and we bonded over each other’s experiences. Over-time he started coming with me to watch matches and I started watching the UFC.

It never ends though, someone will always feel neglected. The pendulum swung back to me when the kids came. Also life happened, priorities change etc he outgrew his love for computer games (I now use the PS3 to watch old dvd movies/series), he has made friends at my Arsenal fan club (he’s a ManU fan) and we both watch the UFC.

OP:

Dont ignore this
Re: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 2:56pm On Nov 18, 2019
bukatyne:

Na wa for you.

He takes you to his friends place, you don't like their discussions. Should they discuss what you like?

Doesn't these friends have wives? Don't you have a common thing to discuss or worse case, entertain your husbands together.

I think she is very insecure.
Even if she dont want to contribute to what they arr discussing, she should carry crochet and follow him.
As they are gusting about football, she should be crocheting na grin
Chuk mouth one or two times. Another day they will come to her house. Like that, she will appeal to his emotions and when he win those guys, her man will be so proud of her and all these will reduce.

Most times we don't know how to give in order to receive back. Guy is not domesticated. Most guys are not.
But how u handle your guy will determine if he will come closer or continue to run away from you.

3 Likes

Re: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Nov 18, 2019
crackhaus:

She probably only likes to cuddle, have sex, and listen to him whisper sweet nothings into her ears from morning till night.
She has no interests, has nothing to talk about, and is also a complainer.

The man even suggested they stay home to watch movies together, but aunty nagged him back to his friends place again. grin

Such a bore.

Don't call her that. She don't know. And they are new in marriage. U are a guy so help her out here.

We fantasize na grin
After reading all these romantic novels cheesy
Re: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Nov 18, 2019
bukatyne:

I think OP is exaggerating.

7hrs hours 4 times a week?

That is like 4pm - 11pm 4times a week.

grin grin grin
I think it might be to buttress her point.

But yeah, some guys will rather stay outside at any given opportunity than stay in the house with their women.
Re: Is This Normal? by crackhaus: 3:10pm On Nov 18, 2019
sassysure:

Don't call her that. She don't know. And they are new in marriage. U are a guy so help her out here.

We fantasize na grin
After reading all these romantic novels cheesy

She should keep reading the romantic novels to kill time grin

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 3:14pm On Nov 18, 2019
crackhaus:

She should keep reading the romantic novels to kill time grin
Gerarahia jòr cheesy
Re: Is This Normal? by Baldwretch: 3:34pm On Nov 18, 2019
fatymore:
My situation right now, since we ain't married let me just move on...

Sundays we are meant to see, that's when I would receive his message apologising he needs to hang out with his friends.
..I am just fed up.

Fatima, you signature though. Lmao!!!!
Re: Is This Normal? by fatymore(f): 4:02pm On Nov 18, 2019
Baldwretch:

Fatima, you signature though. Lmao!!!!

Na true talk...
Re: Is This Normal? by pocohantas(f): 4:28pm On Nov 18, 2019
OP, you have heard na.

Start following him to his friends house and do what he/they do.

When you come back from work, you change and follow him there.

Or go have your own girls time.

Since he comes back about 12am. You have to try and come back before him. Lets say 10-11pm. Hopefully you both are not too knackered to knack and gist.

Naija marriage. No wonder the men are lonely in old age, while the women will be policing their sons, dragging him with the DILs.

grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Nov 18, 2019
Lmao @ carry crochet and follow him. I always chuckle when I read your posts. You're too funny.

sassysure:

I think she is very insecure.
Even if she dont want to contribute to what they arr discussing, she should carry crochet and follow him.
As they are gusting about football, she should be crocheting na grin
Chuk mouth one or two times. Another day they will come to her house. Like that, she will appeal to his emotions and when he win those guys, her man will be so proud of her and all these will reduce.

Most times we don't know how to give in order to receive back. Guy is not domesticated. Most guys are not.
But how u handle your guy will determine if he will come closer or continue to run away from you.

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Nov 18, 2019
Can you guys try a movie night? Some movies you both like. Download and watch on the tv. They must be movies that appeal or can appeal to both of you.

Some of my happier memories are me and the missus watching Gran Torino , mad max fury road .

That’s something you can try and do together.

Spice it up with some pizza. You can also try the Netflix and chill route and end up knacking.

Unfortunately in these parts most of us do not really consider compatiblity when dating. Or maybe it doesn’t really exist. If you decide to wait for some chick that ticks all the boxes and also likes video games or adult swim or is a free thinker or is into football, you will just grow old. So you find one that is wife material and go with it.
Re: Is This Normal? by crackhaus: 5:53pm On Nov 18, 2019
sassysure:

Gerarahia jòr cheesy

gringrin
Re: Is This Normal? by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 18, 2019
theButterfly:
Lmao @ carry crochet and follow him. I always chuckle when I read your posts. You're too funny.

kiss kiss

Wetin u wan make I talk na grin

We want happy families o. Some problems can be handled using common sense.

If na me, I will follow him, when I start feeling sleepy,will enter the room and occupy bed. Anytime he is ready to go, he should wake me up. Shikena.

1 Like

Re: Is This Normal? by Lonelypacifist6: 8:35pm On Nov 18, 2019
Ladies have to learn to choose one

Working like a typical African or

Romantic like an European
I can't come and kill myself I'll provide for your needs and still expect me to be romantic Kuku kee me.
Re: Is This Normal? by Lonelypacifist6: 8:52pm On Nov 18, 2019
ornicus:
Can you guys try a movie night? Some movies you both like. Download and watch on the tv. They must be movies that appeal or can appeal to both of you.

Some of my happier memories are me and the missus watching Gran Torino , mad max fury road .

That’s something you can try and do together.

Spice it up with some pizza. You can also try the Netflix and chill route and end up knacking.

Unfortunately in these parts most of us do not really consider compatiblity when dating. Or maybe it doesn’t really exist. If you decide to wait for some chick that ticks all the boxes and also likes video games or adult swim or is a free thinker or is into football, you will just grow old. So you find one that is wife material and go with it.
See compatibility is a lie, I'm divorced right now, These women always wanna eat their cake and have it, before marriage she'll follow me to hell hole if I go, but when I got married to her she wouldn't even lemme see my mother in France, last time we went was 2015 After Charlie hebdo, my friends even stopped visiting because they noticed her countenance when they're around, and I stopped going out with her after she and her sisters ganged up and was trash talking men on our way to the cinema my wife couldn't even chip in to defend me and say not all men are like that honestly they made me feel like a paid driver that day, lemme not write an epistle here.
Re: Is This Normal? by Mpcoll001: 6:49am On Nov 19, 2019
pocohantas:

Aunty, forget the things guys here say. They will definitely support their own.

He knew you were an introvert and married you like that. It was a very intentional move as they are believed to be more homely. Your husband's actions are irresponsible. EOD

The part in red caught my attention. I have said it once here and I will say it again. Any grown man that keeps saying these words, run from them- they are ALWAYS bad news in serious relationships. They behave like bots running on some codes.

Tip: Next time you wanna open a thread like this, open it as a male. You will get TRUTHFUL responses from his fellow men.
the bold part got me grin grin grin
Re: Is This Normal? by Viking007(m): 9:14am On Nov 19, 2019
liberalchick:
It is normal.

The honeymoon is over, expectations have to be adjusted. Most women think the man will spend as much time as he did when they were dating, most men think they’re still single.

When ‘see finish’ sets in a marriage doesn’t matter the man’s personality it stings. DH doesn’t drink, he’s introverted and he loves staying indoors. We were under one roof but continents apart. His poison? Video games and watching the UFC. What I did? I am not a wallower so I stopped hovering and waiting, I sought out my own entertainment, I joined a local Arsenal fan club and watched matches every weekend at the local bar. The unintended happened, we will swap gists about what we did that day, unknowingly, we were creating new materials and we bonded over each other’s experiences. Over-time he started coming with me to watch matches and I started watching the UFC.

It never ends though, someone will always feel neglected. The pendulum swung back to me when the kids came. Also life happened, priorities change etc he outgrew his love for computer games (I now use the PS3 to watch old dvd movies/series), he has made friends at my Arsenal fan club (he’s a ManU fan) and we both watch the UFC.

I like this. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is This Normal? by chukzyfcbb: 9:15pm On Nov 19, 2019
sassysure:

lool for some wierd reasons, this made me laugh. Yes we all are nighurs, lol
Re: Is This Normal? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 12:30am On Nov 20, 2019
crackhaus:

If not that you're such a beautiful ladybug with a pair of sensual baby brown eyes like my ex, I for tear you one strong slap from here.

Nonsense & attractive.

But I just said the truth. You're a joker. How you men fail to dish out advice without being lopsided is what never ceases to amaze me.
Re: Is This Normal? by Lonelypacifist6: 1:17am On Nov 20, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

But I just said the truth. You're a joker. How you men fail to dish out advice without being lopsided is what never ceases to amaze me.
Why? just why.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Dis Waz Ur Child Wat Name Wud U Kal Him / A Gals Confession On Facebook Dat Blew Everyone Away. / My Husband Wants To Kill Me With Sex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.