Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,637 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria (21864 Views)

The Hopeless Looks On The Faces Of Kogi Civil Servants On May Day / George Moghalu: Igbos Didn’t Consider Implications Of Not Voting Buhari / Buhari Won The Elections In 2003, 2007 And 2011- Fomer US Ambassador Campbell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by ENGINEERG(m): 6:51am On Nov 19, 2019
Nigeria, a country endowed by God, would have become one of the best countries of the world. But since her independence, her leadership has been her Nightmare.

In 1999, over 20years ago- Nigeria returned fully back to democracy, but still, the leaders have been terrible.

Democracy, where the will of the people should be the hallmark has been destroyed by power mongers, so Nigeria democracy can be termed as autocracy.

Looking back, we saw the inglorious election of Morris Iwu, but we develop gradually during the time of jega, because we knew our vote counted then. But the recent INEC under Mahmoud has conducted elections that is taking us backward.

2 days ago, the election conducted in Kogi and Bayelsa, has raised eyebrows, because of the Impunity, Rigging, killings , security agencies compromise etc.

Listed below are 8 implications on Nigerians

1. In the future elections, there will be voter A party __

because voting is like wasting our time and risking our lives, because at the End, Power-that-be determines the Winners, people won't come out to vote again

2. Politicians will more take election as war __
because they will always want to march fire for fire..forget about the ceremonial peace accord

3. Thuggery will be more lucrative

Going by the recent elections,I wonder how these thugs and hoodlums that are used are empowered with arms and ammunition, vehicles, and I know they will smile to Bank

4. Many people become hopeless on Nigeria__

It's a fact that, with this show of sham, people become hopeless on having good leaders who can transform our country

5. Good people will run away from politics ---

Yes, I have seen many people who don't want to talk on politics, because its traumatic to them

6. Governors won't bother to perform to be reelected ---

This is true, because if I can't talk on anywhere I can talk on Kogi, it is a place I do visit. I almost cry whenever I visit, but at the end, the Governor won with wide margins..you know more!!!

7. Nigerians won't believe on anyone's Integrity anymore...

Na so o, I know many people who still think they are dreaming , because they believe so much on BUHARI integrity, and wonder what is happening in his era?

8. More Security danger---

Its another implications because in all these elections , the thousands of hoodlums that were empowered won't want to be idle, so they start arm robbery or kidnapping

Add your own too

..God bless Nigeria

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 19, 2019
Your points are valid. Instead of progressing, We are retrogressing on per second level.

106 Likes 9 Shares

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by Yenny4real(f): 7:22am On Nov 19, 2019
Great
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by nku5: 7:25am On Nov 19, 2019
9. The SS states will fall to APC and Igbos (masses not their spineless governors) will become leaders of opposition in Nigeria and will aggressively push the restructuring or secession agenda every step of the way

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by capitalzero: 7:36am On Nov 19, 2019
ENGINEERG:

Nigeria, a country endowed by God, would have become one of the best countries of the world. But since her independence, her leadership has been her Nightmare.
In 1999, over 20years ago- Nigeria returned fully back to democracy, but still, the leaders have been terrible.
Democracy, where the will of the people should be the hallmark has been destroyed by power mongers, so Nigeria democracy can be termed as autocracy.
Looking back, we saw the inglorious election of Morris Iwu, but we develop gradually during the time of jega, because we knew our vote counted then. But the recent INEC under Mahmoud has conducted elections that is taking us backward.

2days ago, the election conducted in kogi and Bayelsa, has raised eyebrows, because of the Impunity, Rigging, killings , security agencies compromise etc.

Listed below are 8 implications on Nigerians

1. In the future elections, there will be voter Aparty__ because voting is like wasting our time and risking our lives, because at the End, Power-that-be determines the Winners, people won't come out to vote again

2. Politicians will more take election as war__ because they will always want to march fire for fire..forget about the ceremonial peace accord

3. Thuggery will be more lucrative,..Going by the recent elections,I wonder how these thugs and hoodlums that are used are empowered with arms and ammunitions,vehicles, and I know they will smile to Bank

4.Many people become hopeless on Nigeria__its a fact that ,with this show of sham, people become hopeless on having good leaders who can transform our country

5. Good people will run away from politics---Yes, I have seen many people who don't want to talk on politics, because its traumatic to them

6. Governors won't bother to perform to be reelected---This is true, because if I can't talk on anywhere I can talk on kogi, it is a place I do visit.I almost cry whenever I visit, but at the end, the Governor won with wide margins..you know more!!!

7. Nigerians won't believe on anyone's Integrity anymore...Na so o, I know many people who still think they are dreaming , because they believe so much on BUHARI integrity, and wonder what is happening in his era?

8. More Security danger--- Its another implications because in all these elections , the thousands of hoodlums that were empowered won't want to be idle, so they start arm robbery or kidnapping

Add your own too
..God bless Nigeria

you are actually right but it is surprising most people are just getting to know. elected leaders are representative of society. if majority in society are thugs,illiterates, corrupt, emerged leaders in any election would be thug,illiterate and corrupt as well. of course,there re exemption to every rule. nigerian society has lost moral values. people promote vices directly or indirectly. what is delaying total anarchy is religion hypocrisy. as more youths are embracing atheism and septic about religion, we will witness dystopia and collapse of social order.

20 Likes

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by helinues: 7:48am On Nov 19, 2019
So in M.I , democracy is under threats right?

2 Likes

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by surgical: 9:09am On Nov 19, 2019
This is the new reality of Nigeria and it portends great danger to all irrespective of the divide you presently belongs.

26 Likes

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by cheango: 9:57am On Nov 19, 2019
Lalastical this write-up deserve to be on the front page... Nigeria is in critical stage now... God bless Nigeria

3 Likes

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by izombie(m): 10:19am On Nov 19, 2019
Magicians:
The only implications am seeing right now is more fool being empowered to write lunatic rant on NL like yourself OP.

When governorship candidate were being slaughtered under PDP there was mp apathy. When PDP use military under Obj n Ebele to suppress the will of the masses there was NP apathy but when APC win election n the strongest opposition congratulate the winner that is why your father will start seeing voter apathy n more foolishness NP one should be allowed to post on NL.

Yo slap the madness inside u de hungry me I swear.

you people are shameless. Why must apc copy all the bad things pdp did?. Apc has even made things worse. If truely you are for a better nigeria then you should be worried that a governor like bello still won election even after not paying salaries for months. His whole campaign was filled with "forgive me, forgive me" because he didn't have anything good to campaign with. Nigerians honestly deserve the rulers they get.

90 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by FakeManna: 10:19am On Nov 19, 2019
[s]
helinues:
So in M.I , democracy is under threats right?
[/s]

1 Like

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by ENGINEERG(m): 10:23am On Nov 19, 2019
N20 gold circle would have prevented this this thing/fool to give this comment...we want to develop, he want to retrogress...perish dear
Magicians:
The only implications am seeing right now is more fool being empowered to write lunatic rant on NL like yourself OP.

When governorship candidate were being slaughtered under PDP there was mp apathy. When PDP use military under Obj n Ebele to suppress the will of the masses there was NP apathy but when APC win election n the strongest opposition congratulate the winner that is why your father will start seeing voter apathy n more foolishness NP one should be allowed to post on NL.

Yo slap the madness inside u de hungry me I swear.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by realstars: 10:28am On Nov 19, 2019
To my own view, in time coming, The government will be run by cultist, tyrant, thugs, and fraudsters. Because all of the pa & pa to pa to political office holders are from one group of cult or the other and this guys are ready to take over, after their boss.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by ddippset(m): 10:29am On Nov 19, 2019
Rather you should say;

Implications of elections since 99.
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by DMerciful(m): 10:29am On Nov 19, 2019
No doubt Bubu is the undisputed heavyweight champion of incompetence!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by nototribalist: 10:29am On Nov 19, 2019
Nigeria is heading towards the Rwandan genocide. Where a governor won't pay salary and still force himself to power by fire by force.

What is democracy when I can buy guns for thugs and go kill and snatch ballot boxes for me to win election

10 Likes

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by visijo(m): 10:29am On Nov 19, 2019
Relationship stress can make you look for a seat belt in the toilet.
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by lanvic12(m): 10:29am On Nov 19, 2019
Let’s wait and see

1 Like

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:30am On Nov 19, 2019
once we now know its APC must win, we are all going for APC primary, which will make APC primary election now more deadly as those thugs fighting oppositions will now be diverted inward, they will now fight themselves , it will then be more dangerous to be APC member

3 Likes

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by ednut1(m): 10:30am On Nov 19, 2019
Nigeria is beyond redemption. Flee while you can

11 Likes

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by BLESSICA: 10:31am On Nov 19, 2019
People tend to look at merely everything they see....OK now imagine going to a cafe to see a frnd, and all of a sudden u saw a beautiful girl on ur way buh u don't know how to ask her for her contact....now take for example harrysong, we all saw how he ended his contract with emoney and at the same time still a warri boy...so u can imagine.!... OK OK just look at urself and ask urself..have u been able to reason beyond reasonable doubt..just imagine it first.!... Let me not bore u with much reading.....just think about it guys.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by sotall(m): 10:31am On Nov 19, 2019
undecided
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by ctleurocollege: 10:32am On Nov 19, 2019
angry You've said it all bro
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:32am On Nov 19, 2019
It's a free and fair election, one devoid of violence and malpractice.
After 1993,2015 I think this is the best election Nigeria has witnessed.
The implication? grin grin grin
We are on a very long road and it will take the grace of God to recover angry angry
Why did I say this?
Cause I look at our youths the supposed leaders of tomorrow celebrate anarchy, intimidation and suffering... 70% of youths in this forum are either jobless or underemployed yet we are happy anytime the wish of the people is suppressed.
Do we have hope?
Yes, we do , if and only if we will rise up and make demands from the grassroots level irrespective of party affiliation, tribe and ethnic.
We demand good governance starting with free and fair elections where the wish of the people truly counts.
You can not waste 4years and use the military to earn another 4years, then go to the senate while you are still pensionable for becoming a former governor
I cry for our youths cause some of our parents and owed pensions, the active one's went for months without salaries especially in Kogi and you still come here to celebrate that PDP or apc won... HABA cry cry cry cry cry

8 Likes

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by mistyebby(f): 10:33am On Nov 19, 2019
Shame on all who voted for change. That was their last voice and they sold it to the devil. Shame shame shame!!!!

6 Likes

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by toluxa1(m): 10:33am On Nov 19, 2019
We will get there.

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by LollipopCandy(f): 10:33am On Nov 19, 2019
Get your affordable children educational android tablets. Check my signature for contact
Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by Viking007(m): 10:33am On Nov 19, 2019
You will hear 50,000 policemen deployed, at the end chaos abound with no single arrest made. The country is just hopeless.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by b0rn2fuck(m): 10:33am On Nov 19, 2019
Funny , I don't even have a voter card anymore, I won't even risk my life to go queue for voter's card

2 Likes

Re: 8 Implications Of Kogi/Bayesa Elections In Nigeria by nairalee(m): 10:34am On Nov 19, 2019
Only one Implication:

NIGERIANS DON'T HAVE SENSE !!!

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra 2021: INEC Reschedules Voting In Ihiala Local Government Area / Photos From Peter Obi's Diaspora Interaction In Manchester / EFCC To Begin Repatriation Of $200billion Dubai Stash, Receives Looters' List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.