Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,204 members, 7,811,546 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:22 PM

Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) (32165 Views)

Mother Dumps Her Newborn Baby With A Written Note Along A Road In Katsina (pix) / Soldier Assaults A Girl Wearing “Camo” In Ogun (Photos) / Update On Student Who 'Ran Mad' After Being Dropped By Lexus SUV In Ogun. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by dre11(m): 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2019
Precious Igbonwelundu

The woman

I already have five children that I am struggling to cater for. My husband abandoned me with them. So, I did not need the sixth child and that was why I dumped him inside the soak-away as soon as I had him.

The above were the words of a 30-year-old woman Risikat Olabintan arrested by the police in Ogun State for throwing her newborn baby into a pit.

It was gathered that Olabintan, a resident of Ibukun Oluwapo Community Ishaga Surulere in Owode-Yewa threw her son into the pit shortly after birthing him on Sunday morning.

Fortunately, children who were playing later that day heard a baby’s cries from the pit located at the back of the compound and raised alarm.

The baby dumped

It was gathered that community leaders who assembled by the pit, alerted the police at Owode-Yewa Division who moved to the scene and evacuated the newborn.

“At the time the baby was rescued, no one knew it was the woman’s. She secretly gave birth around 5am and threw the child into the pit. It was later that detectives discovered she was the mother of the baby and she was promptly arrested,” said Abimbola Oyeyemi, spokesman for Ogun Police Command.

Oyeyemi said the woman claimed she had no means of feeding all six children.

Asked if the woman had been examined for possible postpartum depression, Oyeyemi said she was taken to the hospital together with the baby for medicare.

“The baby and mother are presently receiving treatment at the hospital. The baby is responding to treatment. I do not know if her action had anything to do with postpartum depression but the woman said the newborn was additional burden to her.

The baby after he was cleaned up

“The Commissioner of Police, Imohimi Edgal has directed that the case be transferred to Anti-Human Trafficking and Child Labour Unit of the State Criminal Investigation and Intelligence Department (SCIID) for proper investigation.

https://thenationonlineng.net/mother-dumps-day-old-son-in-public-pit/

1 Like

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by Nobody: 4:41pm On Nov 20, 2019
No baby should suffer for his/her parent’s mistake.

I can’t explain what the innocent baby must have passed through inside public pit.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by YoungLionken(m): 8:01pm On Nov 20, 2019
Why would you get pregnant when you know the level of your financial strength?

I know the Nigerian govt is nothing to write home about but,some of her citizens enjoy creating more problems for themselves.

Kogi election was massively rigged but, we still heard news of the electorates who sold their mandate for a piece of shit!

Are we still going to blame the devil for this?

18 Likes

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by mzeefitz(m): 8:01pm On Nov 20, 2019
May God help us all...
This country is hard. Everyone is just trying all sorts to live a fulfilled life...
It's not easy being a mother...
As the child grows older, she spends more
"This was her thought"
May God help us all once again
(Amen)

3 Likes

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by yahoosurepass(m): 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2019
afonja amaka grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by Yhukay00: 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2019
Nawaoh
Everyday na yeye news for this country.

1 Like

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by chinwezdasilva: 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2019
Why so heartless, dem no know belle wey go be king oh

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by taiyesoul(f): 8:02pm On Nov 20, 2019
When they were "dumping" unwanted spermatozoa into her puna,she no know?

7 Likes

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by realestniggah: 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
What an evil woman..

After having five children in extreme poverty she still proceed to open her legs to have a sixth child..in this age of contraception and birth control pills. She is the architect of her own misfortune.

The least she could have done is drop that child in an orphanage.. Not a bloody toilet!

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by ctleurocollege: 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
Witch
Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by SincereBigot: 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
Terrible
Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by donprinyo(m): 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
Wicked people
Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by SultanOfAbia: 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
Ew
Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by Arijude(m): 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
You must take full responsibility of that child. Nobody begged any body to bear any body!

1 Like

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by Muhammad2468(m): 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
Nigerian again
Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by GODPUNISHALABI: 8:03pm On Nov 20, 2019
Since na ogun state she for just dash the pikin to skull miners....if this pikin grow he go hate him mother fi day life

1 Like

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by fatymore(f): 8:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
Thank God he was not dead before they discovered him..

He might the only star in the family though...

But when did she start giving birth sha?

4 Likes

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by Teejayphillip(m): 8:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
All the yarnings by the woman nah TRASH.....

The man ain’t catering for you and the other children,yet you opened your pussy for another knacking that brought the baby to life....

You deserved a death sentence....

We just take God’s blessings for granted atimes.... What some people are looking for over a decades,nah em u carry go throway for SHALAGA......

God is too merciful,some people deserve thunder strike instantly

1 Like

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by Beremx(f): 8:04pm On Nov 20, 2019
Stupid parents. Don't have unprotected sex if you don't want to have another baby.

Ndi ara

2 Likes

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by superlanny(m): 8:05pm On Nov 20, 2019
ANIMAL in Human Skin....... sad you no fit cope with six children. but but you sabi fucck wella. na your type dey commit men to dive in raw, see the consequence, see your life sad, inside life undecided odikwa post paturm ogini

1 Like

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by UDOKABESTLUV(m): 8:05pm On Nov 20, 2019
Too bad
Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 20, 2019
If you can't take care of a child, please use a condom for knacking.
Stop defacing Nigeria.
Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by yahoosurepass(m): 8:06pm On Nov 20, 2019
wicked soul
Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by Kylekent59: 8:07pm On Nov 20, 2019
I ain't here to criticise her or call her names or even abuse her, but to put some sense into others that might wanna follow her step.

Why had sex since you know you don't have what it takes to care for a child?

This is a question every lady should ask themselves before opening their legs wide.

Just last Saturday, after training, I was on my way home. I decided to follow a short way, then I came across a guy and this girl in her early 18, they were holding each other as tight as, like when being constricted by a python. I just said on my mind," The first page in love is always sweet, but the second page is always pathetic. "

It is somehow good to mind one's business.

2 Likes

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by ud4u: 8:08pm On Nov 20, 2019
God have mercy, scarce commodity for some people.
Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by BabaIbo: 8:08pm On Nov 20, 2019
Op point of correction, akwuna drops a baby, that one na mother?

BTW
If your relationship survives 2019, Get married to her. This year is tough
Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by realestniggah: 8:08pm On Nov 20, 2019
mamanotinspoil5:
This is just so sad, but what is wrong is wrong.

Since police arrested the woman, they should also arrest her husband that ran away from his responsibilities. She did not impregnate herself angry angry

Last call for our used office items at giveaway prices. Powerful all-in-one desktop computers and very neat office chairs. Check them out: https://www.nairaland.com/5472126/used-office-items-clearance-sales

Her husband isn't responsible for her actions
Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by akdjr(m): 8:09pm On Nov 20, 2019
Like my late Aunt who died childless would say.. "The God that give babies is a blind God" my Aunt lost her only child few months after delivery and couldn't conceived till she join her ancestors at the age of 72years. Here is a woman tired of having more babies.

7 Likes

Re: Mother Dumps Day-old Son In Public Pit in Ogun (photos) by masterP042(m): 8:10pm On Nov 20, 2019
U for just come for one of the baby factories at onitsha. We Igbos value lives.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Woman Stabbed To Death In Ondo, 3 Years After The Murder Of Her Only Daughter / Man Caught With Mutilated Human Body Parts In Osun / Vehicle Guns And Bullet Coming From Niger Republic Intercepted By Customs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.