Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,533 members, 7,826,994 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) (39360 Views)

Enugu-Port Harcourt Expressway, A Death Trap (photos) / Accident At Abule-Egba Head Bridge Along Lagos-Abeokuta Expressway (photos) / Aba - Port Harcourt Road, The Worst Road On Planet Earth (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by loschivatos(m): 4:44pm On Nov 23, 2019
'We will ' provide Good road,constant power supply, free education and good health facilities all since 1960.
2023 is around the corner, be prepared for same old 'song' that never fades.

While some other countries are debating policies, our "vampires " are debating basic amenities while our youths are busy debating who slays more between tiwa savage and tacha or David and Chioma in Dubai.
Enjoy my fellow Nigerians �
Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by alphaNomega: 5:06pm On Nov 23, 2019
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

The FG keeps playing lip service to the menace of bad roads in Nigeria.
Its solution is easy and very long standing.

Simply instruct Dangote, BUA, Shipping agents and other Petroleum Companies to convey their products ONLY via railways.
Then watch life come back to our rail system and how safe and durable our Nigerian roads will become.

Life is easy but too much sense wee not kee me.

The railroad network in Nigeria was never designed to ease transportation of people within the colony.

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by wrose(m): 5:24pm On Nov 23, 2019
Sense!!!
NwaAmaikpe:

The FG keeps playing lip service to the menace of bad roads in Nigeria.
Its solution is easy and very long standing.

Simply instruct Dangote, BUA, Shipping agents and other Petroleum Companies to convey their products ONLY via railways.
Then watch life come back to our rail system and how safe and durable our Nigerian roads will become.

Life is easy but too much sense wee not kee me.
Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by akpunda86: 5:43pm On Nov 23, 2019
OPTIMUSPRIME08:
For what?
come out boldly and state your reason for asking.

Ok your location. Will want to see u.
Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by ud4u: 5:46pm On Nov 23, 2019
No be today that road dey like that
Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by Robchuks77(m): 6:11pm On Nov 23, 2019
Try show am fashola
Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by okpurukata(f): 6:23pm On Nov 23, 2019
The journey from PH to Aba currently takes 4hrs. I tired to use that road last week and had to turn back to PH. The so called construction company worsened the situation, by defacing the manageable portions of the road without a palliative measure in place. I will serve some photos
Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by okpurukata(f): 6:28pm On Nov 23, 2019
The PH section of the road

1 Share

Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by okpurukata(f): 6:29pm On Nov 23, 2019
More pix

1 Share

Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by Masterpiece77: 7:28pm On Nov 23, 2019
Kindly view my signature.
Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by Niceman4u(m): 7:32pm On Nov 23, 2019
solmusdesigns:
shocked

when they call Nigeria shithole, i think they ,meant that region

even local government road in my region isnt this bad

they come online to form billionaires and say lagos is an agbero state , abusing tinubu yet under tinubus watch FG asset cant become this destroyed

seems u played truancy during ur primary school English class?
Well, u can be the next mc oluomo since u are a miscreant.
But, that is not a good job anyway.

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by lukaino(m): 7:34pm On Nov 23, 2019
This road has been like this all through the first term of this government, We're now in the second term and no CHANGE is in sight, yet somebody would be saying that our roads are not as bad as being reported.....
Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by akaahs(m): 8:13pm On Nov 23, 2019
Na them dey dump refuse anyhow.....
Na them no dey clean gutters......
Na them dey do overload........
Na them dey built on water ways.....
Na them dey complain say road don spoil..
Kwantinue
Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by 2black1(m): 8:16pm On Nov 23, 2019
tot:

False. Most countries in Europe do not have toll gates on their roads with the exception of few major motorways/crossings YET roads across the whole country including the small towns are in good conditions.

Better stop making excuses for the government. What is tax being collected for? What is revenue from oil exports for?

Please note I hate APC/PDP with passion but he is right, we citizens are contributing a great deal to the decay in the country.
Do we have any tolls booths at all?
I told people when Obasanjo was destroying the toll gates that that was going to spell the end of the motorways/highways and that has happened.
Tolling has to happen especially on the highways.That is the way it is in most countries where road infrastructure is in good condition.
Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by 2black1(m): 8:17pm On Nov 23, 2019
loschivatos:
'We will ' provide Good road,constant power supply, free education and good health facilities all since 1960.
2023 is around the corner, be prepared for same old 'song' that never fades.

While some other countries are debating policies, our "vampires " are debating basic amenities while our youths are busy debating who slays more between tiwa savage and tacha or David and Chioma in Dubai.
Enjoy my fellow Nigerians �

Really sad and pathetic!
Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by tot(f): 8:19pm On Nov 23, 2019
2black1:

Please note I hate APC/PDP with passion but he is right, we citizens are contributing a great deal to the decay in the country.
Do we have any tolls booths at all?
I told people when Obasanjo was destroying the toll gates that that was going to spell the end of the motorways/highways and that has happened.
Tolling has to happen especially on the highways.That is the way it is in most countries where road infrastructure is in good condition.

So now citizens are responsible for the bad roads? Please hold the govt accountable for what they should be held accountable for.
Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by berrystunn(m): 8:56pm On Nov 23, 2019
surgical:
They said they have stopped lazy Nigerians from access to cheap money
Only that we can't see what the savings have been applied to,except they and their families balling

It's will expire one day.

Like Abacha

1 Like

Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by surgical: 9:01pm On Nov 23, 2019
berrystunn:

It's will expire one day.

Like Abacha
Definitely,thats the wisdom of God
Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by berrystunn(m): 3:43am On Nov 24, 2019
surgical:
Definitely,thats the wisdom of God

APC is not forever
Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by Autotech312(m): 11:38am On Nov 24, 2019
nototribalist:
Fashola na scammer, I stay in Festac 21 Road A close, they should come and arrest me.

OK we're coming..... Arrange for plenty food oooo.
Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by 2black1(m): 2:48pm On Nov 24, 2019
tot:

So now citizens are responsible for the bad roads? Please hold the govt accountable for what they should be held accountable for.

I was referring to your comments about tolling.
Nigerians generally do not like to pay for anything.They want everything for free.
Even people who have prepaid electricity meters bypass them.
Many Nigerians take this attitude abroad as they always try to beat the system by enjoying amenities and not paying for it.
I think we need to be fair and balanced in our commentary.

Come to think of it.Isn't it the lack of cohesion among the masses and greed of many occasioned by vote-buying and 'let me grab my own syndrome' that makes us continue to have terrible leaders?
Re: Deplorable State Of Enugu-Aba-Port Harcourt Expressway (photos) by tot(f): 3:20pm On Nov 24, 2019
2black1:

I was referring to your comments about tolling.
Nigerians generally do not like to pay for anything.They want everything for free.
Even people who have prepaid electricity meters bypass them.
Many Nigerians take this attitude abroad as they always try to beat the system by enjoying amenities and not paying for it.
I think we need to be fair and balanced in our commentary.

Come to think of it.Isn't it the lack of cohesion among the masses and greed of many occasioned by vote-buying and 'let me grab my own syndrome' that makes us continue to have terrible leaders?

The problem is all the ones they have paid for in the past, they never saw what it was used for. I can totally understand their reluctance to pay for more without seeing results.

Your last paragraph summarises it all. We are a very divided country unfortunately.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anambra Explosion: Delta State Fire Service Came To The Rescue (photos) / Nigerians Evacuted From South Africa Arrives Lagos Via Air Peace / The Decaying Underbelly Of Calabar, Nigeria’s ‘Cleanest City’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.