Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,205 members, 7,829,312 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:40 AM

For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory - Celebrities (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory (25211 Views)

Homo Sweet!”- Nigerian Gay Men Shout After An Intimate Time In Their Bedroom (vi / Daddy Freeze Shades Okoro Blessing After Blaming The Church Over Her Lies / John Dumelo: 'I Give My Tithes To The Needy, They Need It More Than The Church' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Africomterror: 8:07pm On Jan 31, 2020
Rome founded by the pedophile dirty Moors and Jews
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Africomterror: 11:16pm On Jan 31, 2020
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Novaccines: 1:16am On Feb 01, 2020
Them pedophiles are coming out of the Church and nowhere else

Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Africomterror: 1:53am On Feb 01, 2020

Arizona Satanist Jack Matirko has denounced the Catholic Church in viral letter. Andrew Hall

Arizona Satanist's Essay Goes Viral as He 'Unsubscribes' From Catholic Church

ROBRT L. PELA | AUGUST 25, 2018 | 10:46AM

“I’m a Satanist,” 39-year-old writer Jack Matirko said, “but in the long run it doesn’t matter as much as the fact that I’m a former Catholic.”

Matirko, a council member of the Satanic Temple of Arizona, has been thinking a lot about his former faith these days. His essay, “A Personal Reflection on the Pennsylvania Catholic Abuse Scandal,” went viral last week.

Published on Patheos, which claims to be “the world’s largest English-language religion and spirituality site,” the personal essay commented on revelations in the August 14 Pennsylvania grand jury report on sexual abuse in that state’s Catholic dioceses

RELATED STORIESThe Phoenix Diocese's Child Sex Abuse Scandal: Should Transcript Be Unsealed?

“I was never abused by my local priest growing up,” Matirko wrote of his childhood in small-town Blakeslee, Pennsylvania, “and never knew anyone who was. [But] the man who baptized me, presided over my father’s funeral, and presided over my sister’s wedding was, according to the report, a rapist.”

This fact, Matirko said, got him to thinking about how he was, according to the tenets of the Church, still considered a Catholic, although he’d left the faith in 2009. That’s because reports published in 2006 concerning sexual impropriety in Irish churches led to a mass exodus of Irish Catholics, tossing the Church into a pious panic about its membership numbers.

“In 2009, as the Church schemed to triage their substantial loss of membership in Ireland,” Matirko wrote, “it did away with the Formal Act of Defection.” Matirko is referring to a longstanding rule that allowed Catholics to depart the Church in favor of another faith.

“You sent a letter to the bishop of the diocese that baptized you,” Matirko explained of the rules of defection during a recent telephone call, “asking to be removed from their rolls. But with this new rule, you had to be converting to another religion, or they wouldn’t let you go. If you identify as an atheist, they keep you on their list of souls. You can’t leave for nothing.”

That list of souls was the problem, said Matirko, who lives in Tempe and makes his living blogging about Satanism and hosting a podcast called The Naked Diner. “The Catholic Church says it’s responsible for a billion souls, based on how many people they’ve baptized. They use that number in their marketing, and there’s a whole part of me that says, ‘You don’t get to do that. You don’t get to identify me as a member in your ranks for your marketing purposes.’”

It’s the principle of the thing, Matirko clarified. Of course he’s unhappy about the Catholic Church’s ongoing abuse of children and its cover-up; he's especially bugged that so many people – clergy, laypeople, altar boys, students, their parents – knew about the abuse and did nothing. But he really hates the disingenuousness, and resents that the Catholics are inflating their numbers at his expense. His soul, he explained, is being used as an advertising tool.

More in Home

State Quietly Sells Land to Freeport-McMoRan for Mining Waste

The Best Things to Do in Metro Phoenix This Weekend

Club Red Owner Paul Benson Treats 'Artists as Customers'

Dining Guide: Restaurants Near Sky Harbor

American Lung Association Gives Arizona Failing Grades in Tobacco Control Report

And so he wrote his essay, which includes an open letter to the Catholic Church demanding they erase his name from its roster.

“I do this as a member in good standing of the Satanic Temple,” Matirko wrote, “and a practicing Satanist. … I cannot in good conscience continue to allow my name, no matter how nominal, to be counted as one of your professed membership. Non Serviam.”

Because the Church demands a witness to defection, Matirko put the onus on his readership: “As a blogger on the largest interfaith website in the world making this declaration publicly, I assert that my audience be held as witnesses and that shares and comments be recognized as such.”

He wound up with a summation both humorous and slightly chilling: “Take me off your list. Unsubscribe. I demand to not be counted as one of your flock. Hail Satan, Jack Matirko.”

Not believing in God or counting himself a Catholic wasn’t enough, Matirko demurred. Officially and publicly distancing himself from the Catholics was a necessary step. Keeping the Church from his soul was imperative.

“They’re claiming they’re responsible for my soul,” he politely huffed. “It’s not right.”

But neither, people like to tell him, is being a Satanist.

People often confuse Satanism with devil worship, Matirko said. “I usually get told that Satan is telling me God doesn’t exist. I used to be an atheist, and you get a lot of the same stuff in response. The bottom line is that the story of Satan is a way better moral tale than the rest of the Bible. He’s a character who’s part of the social milieu. John Milton and Mark Twain have written books in which Satan is an expression of self-determination.”

With his newest essay, Matirko has closed his own book on the Catholic Church.

“One of the priests at the church I went to, growing up, was convinced I was going into the priesthood,” Matirko said, with the tiniest grin in his voice. “I’m sure he’s terribly disappointed in me today.”

Robrt L. Pela has been a weekly contributor to Phoenix New Times since 1991, primarily as a cultural critic. His radio essays air on National Public Radio affiliate KJZZ's Morning Edition.

Did you know the Church of Satan was founded by Anton Lavey who was raised Catholic? Yes o yes, Anton Lavey was a member of OTO Freemasonry like Harry Hay and also a ritual sodomite. Harry Hay also a Catholic. Here above a Satanic priest is criticizing the Church.

Wake up out your slumber

Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Africomterror: 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2020
Them pedophiles are coming out of the church and nowhere else
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Africomterror: 6:32pm On Feb 01, 2020
Wake up out your slumber

Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Africomterror: 10:56pm On Feb 01, 2020
Homosexuality is occult worship
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Africomterror: 12:53am On Feb 02, 2020
Sodomy is worse than White Supremacy for it is the religion of baby rapists and baby killers.
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Africomterror: 5:27pm On Feb 02, 2020
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Africomterror: 6:43pm On Feb 02, 2020
Sodomy is worse than White Supremacy
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Africomterror: 11:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
Devil worshippers are worst than White Supremacists
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Novaccines: 12:41pm On Feb 04, 2020
Black Romans and White Romans slave owners elevated the pale faced Jesus Christ as Almighty God at the Council of Nicea in 325 BC. Romans were Baal worshippers and had temples devoted to Baal and Dyioniss.

Wake up out your slumber

Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Slimcase11: 2:23pm On Feb 04, 2020
BREAKING NEWS: Former Kenyan President Who Ruled for 24 Years Dies at 95

Former President of Kenya, Daniel Arap Moi has been confirmed dead.

He died at the age of 95 at Nairobi Hospital in the early hours of February 4, 2020.

Moi stepped down in 2002 as the president after being constitutionally barred from running for a further term

During his reign, the authoritarian ruler held on to power for 24 years.

President Uhuru Kenyatta in a statement confirmed Moi’s death

“It is with profound sadness and sorrow that I announce the passing of a Great African Statesman, the Second President of the Republic of Kenya, H.E. Daniel Toroitich Arap Moi.

“His Excellency the Former President passed on at the Nairobi Hospital on the early morning of this 4th February, 2020, in the presence of his family, ” the statement read...

SOURCE: https://www.sabonews.org/2020/02/04/former-kenyan-president-who-ruled-for-24-years-dies-at-95/
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Novaccines: 3:28pm On Feb 04, 2020
Wake up out your slumber
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Novaccines: 8:17pm On Feb 04, 2020
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Novaccines: 2:38am On Feb 05, 2020
The church is a homo factory
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Novaccines: 3:46am On Feb 05, 2020
Sodomy is a religion
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Novaccines: 11:39am On Feb 05, 2020
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Novaccines: 5:47pm On Feb 05, 2020
Wow
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Novaccines: 10:08pm On Feb 05, 2020
Sodomy is the sacrifice of Baal
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Thirteenblood: 10:36pm On Feb 06, 2020
The church is a homo factory
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Thirteenblood: 11:32pm On Feb 06, 2020
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Thirteenblood: 2:32am On Feb 07, 2020
Wake up out your slumber
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Novaccines: 5:45pm On Feb 07, 2020
Akata means wild cat or wild dog and for a culture that highly prizes order, conformity, coolness, home based-ness, and structure, it is derogatory. Unruly people are not celebrated, and even difficult Yoruba teenagers in diaspora are often sent back to Nigeria to be disciplined into conformity

I understand Nigeria is an advanced African nation yet struggling. They are not against God because they outlaw that which He finds most offensive. This shows a good traditional upbringing.

Wake up out your slumber
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Novaccines: 11:41pm On Feb 07, 2020
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Novaccines: 7:22pm On Feb 08, 2020

IN-DEPTH REPORTPedophile priests operated at this California school for decades.

This is the Catholic order that covered up their abuse

By Nima Elbagir,Barbara Arvanitidis, Katie Polglase,Bryony Jones and Alex Platt

Two boys, born into deeply religious families, both sent to Catholic school, and both abused by the very priests and teachers meant to protect them.

George Stein and Joey Piscitelli grew up a decade apart, but they are connected by their abuse at the hands of priests and brothers from a Catholic order founded to help and support vulnerable children.

Their experiences reveal a pattern of abuse and cover-up going back more than half a century.

A year-long CNN investigation into the Salesians of Don Bosco discovered that for decades, abuser priests and brothers were repeatedly protected and transferred from school to school at the expense of their young victims who were pressured and threatened not to report what had happened to them.

Read part one of CNN’s investigation into the Salesians of Don Bosco

On multiple occasions Salesian leaders withheld cases of abuse from the authorities and even from other parts of the Catholic Church.

The new school building at Don Bosco College. This photo was taken eight years before George Stein began studying at the school. Credit: Facebook / Salesian College Preparatory

A cluster of abusers

The oldest of eight children Stein grew up believing it was his calling to become a priest.

He was 13 in 1958 when he began studying at Don Bosco College, later renamed Salesian High School, in Richmond, California. It was there that he met Brother Bernard Dabbene.

“We had a very strict routine,” Stein, now in his late 70s and living in Seattle, remembers -- everything regulated by the ringing of bells.

“When the bell rang you went to class, you went to study hall, you went to recreation, you went to the refectory for meals. And you were assigned chores to help with the upkeep of seminary.”

George Stein as a teenager studying to become a Salesian priest. Credit: George Stein

One day in his sophomore year when he was 15, Stein says, Dabbene told him to go to a particular spot and wait to be assigned a chore.

“When I got there, I felt it was a little strange because there was no one there and there were probably no duties to be performed,” Stein says. “He came after a while … and he basically hugged me and kissed me, and that was inappropriate, and I wasn’t expecting it at all.”

Stein reported the incident to a Salesian provincial, Father Alfred Cogliandro (roughly equivalent to an Archbishop), during one of his visits to the school. “I said, ‘This happened to me, and I want it to stop!’”

Stein says Dabbene left the school shortly afterwards. He says he was simply happy the abuse was over.

Patrick Wall, a former priest who has dedicated his life to helping victims of clerical abuse, says he comes across this frequently in his work. A lead researcher and consultant for Jeff Anderson and Associates law firm, Wall has worked on more than 200 cases of clergy abuse.

“We have cases every day of the week where they’re simply moved -- they’re geographically moved to another location and put into ministry without telling anyone, local authorities, sometimes the local parish or sometimes even the diocese,” he says.

But following his ordination, Dabbene -- now Father Dabbene -- returned to the school.

A cluster of abusers operated at the school for decades, some of those during Dabbene’s time as principal in the 1970s.

CNN has reached out to the Provincial for the Western Province of the Salesian order in the United States for comment.

I just blurted out, ‘Iwas abused'

George Stein, July 12, 2019

‘I want to watch you’

Joey Piscitelli was at the school in 1972, when Dabbene returned as principal.

Among the abusers on staff was Father Stephen Whelan, the school’s vice principal, who soon had Piscitelli in his sights.

“I was a runt,” Piscitelli recalls. “I weighed maybe 80 pounds when I got to high school. I was the smallest person in the school, and I was befriended by the vice principal almost immediately.”

Piscitelli says his ordeal began when Whelan invited him along to the Salesian Boys Club, on the school campus.

Above - Joey Piscitelli (bottom left) as a student at Salesian High School. Below - Salesian court documents in Joey Piscitelli's case. Credit: Joey Piscitelli

“We were going to play pool, and … he sat down at the bench and said, ‘You shoot.’ I said ‘OK,’ and I shot the ball. And I turned around and told him, ‘It’s your turn.’ And … he was sitting there masturbating.”

“I remember I turned all red, I started sweating,” Piscitelli says. “The hair on my neck was standing up, and I just stood there frozen -- I didn’t know what to do.”

“He said, ‘Keep playing. I want to watch you,’” Piscitelli recalls. “And then I turned around and the head of the Boys Club, Brother Sal [Billante] was watching this, and he just stood there watching. He did nothing.”

Separately, Salvatore Billante was later convicted for child abuse in 1989, and handed an eight-year sentence. He served four years in prison and was required to register as a sex offender. In 2002, he was indicted in another case involving 181 counts of child abuse between 1972 and 1978. He left the Salesian order, and died in 2016.

As the months went by, Piscitelli says his abuse at the hands of Whelan worsened.

“One day he cornered me on the stairs and started molesting me and told me, ‘Get upstairs!’ … he dragged me into the room and attacked me, and I was raped. I … blacked out while it happened.”

After the attack, Piscitelli says he doesn’t remember how he got home. “But when I got home, I had blood in my underwear, so I went in the backyard of my house and I wrapped the bloody underwear around a rock and threw it over the fence into the field to get rid of the evidence.”

To cope with the abuse he had suffered, Piscitelli drew often graphic images depicting the horrors he lived through.

I just stood therefrozen -- I didn’t knowwhat to do

Joey Piscitelli, July 14, 2019

Threats, attacks and damage control

Piscitelli says the principal threatened him after he told the school counsellor what had happened.

“[He] told me that he was going to kick me out of school and fire my mother from the cafeteria because I have a big mouth,” he recalls. “I begged him not to do that, and I apologized, and I said I would never talk about it again.”

Piscitelli remembers Dabbene ranting and screaming at him. “He was livid. He said: ‘Nobody is going to believe your word against a priest,’ which startled me, as it was the same thing Whelan had said.”

Piscitelli says he was also physically attacked by another Salesian priest working as a teacher at the school.

“[He] cornered me on the second floor outside of geometry class … the hallway was empty. He said, ‘Stand in front of me. I want to talk to you … put your hands at your side and look me in the eyes.’”

“And while I was looking at him wondering what he wanted, he kneed me in the groin as hard as he could. I went down … I just lay on the floor. I couldn’t even breathe,” says Piscitelli.

“I thought I was going to have to go to the hospital. I couldn’t move. It was so bad. And while I was laying there, he said to me, ‘You have a big mouth. I don’t want to see you up here again.’”

The priest is still working within the Salesian order. He has never faced charges.

Disturbing content warning: Graphic images drawn by Joey Piscitelli to help him cope with the abuse he suffered.

Piscitelli, who graduated from the school in 1973, has since made it his life's mission to bring the Salesians to justice for the abuse they inflicted upon him as a child.

In 2006, he won a civil suit against them and was awarded damages of $600,000. But his victory was no compensation for a childhood lost to sexual and physical abuse.

Piscitelli said he never received an apology from the Salesians -- until CNN contacted the order as part of its investigation.

“They know that somebody is investigating their behavior, and they are doing damage control,” he said. “They have never apologized since I sued in 2003. They continued to call me a liar long after I won the court case in 2006 … then the phony hollow apology arrives.”

Key Salesian figures in this story

BERNARD DABBENE

Father Bernard Dabbene, Principal of Salesian High School while Joey Piscitelli attended. He threatened Piscitelli when he tried to report the abuse.

STEPHEN WHELAN

Father Stephen Whelan, Vice Principal of Salesian High School while Joey Piscitelli attended. He repeatedly sexually abused Piscitelli during his time there.

SALVATORE BILLANTE

Brother Salvatore Billante, Head of the Salesians' Boys Club, while Joey Piscitelli attended. He witnessed Whelan's abuse of Piscitelli but failed to report it.

NICK REINA

Father Nick Reina, Salesian Provincial of the Western Province (1997-2003). In 2018, it was revealed he had also been accused of child sexual abuse.

Praying for the priest

Dabbene rose through the ranks to become Principal of Salesian High School, Director of Don Bosco Tech in Rosemead, California, and to serve on the Archdiocesan Board of Education in Los Angeles.

But in November 2000, the priest and educator -- by then aged 63 -- was caught in a car on the San Francisco waterfront, with his trousers unzipped and accompanied by a 17-year-old boy.

The then Provincial for the order’s Western Province, Father Nick Reina, wrote to the local Salesian community, saying he was “dismayed and upset” by the allegations against Dabbene, and cautioning: “We do not yet know all the facts.”

“If all the allegations made are found to have merit, then we owe a very great apology indeed to all who may have been touched by this situation,” he wrote.

But Reina raised some eyebrows when he asked the Salesians to pray not only for Dabbene’s victim, but also for the priest himself.

“I ask you to join me in prayer for the young person involved in this incident and any family members,” he wrote. “I also ask for your prayers for Father Dabbene and all Salesian brothers and priests who minister in the San Francisco province.”

Reina also told a local newspaper, “It's a bad experience for him [Dabbene] -- he's devastated."

They wear green and orange everyday Catholic pedophiles. They operate gay mafia paid for by mayors especially Catholic mayors. The general fund comes out of federal Congress community policing. They literally pay these perverts to keep the priests out of conversation and community rage by targeting scape goats and victims who dare complain too loud.

Wake up out your slumber

Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Novaccines: 7:55pm On Feb 08, 2020

WORLD

U.N. Report: Vatican Policies Allowed Priests To Rape Children

Pope Francis meets bishops at the end of his weekly general audience in St. Peter's Square at the Vatican on Wednesday.Alessandra Tarantino / AP

Feb. 5, 2014, 6:09 AM EST / Updated Feb. 5, 2014, 8:36 AM EST

The United Nations heavily criticized the Vatican on Wednesday for what it said was a systematic adoption of policies allowing priests to rape and sexually abuse tens of thousands of children.

The devastating report published by the U.N. Committee on the Rights of a Child said the Vatican must "immediately remove" all known or suspected child abusers within the clergy.

It said the Holy See had "systematically placed preservation of the reputation of the church and the alleged offender over the protection of child victims."

In response, the Vatican said in a statement published on its website that some points made in the report were an "attempt to interfere with Catholic Church teaching."

The Vatican said it would examine the report thoroughly and reiterated its commitment to defending and protecting child rights in accordance with the U.N. guidelines and "the moral and religious values offered by Catholic doctrine."

The U.N.'s conclusions come after an unprecedented hearing in Geneva on Jan. 16 in which Vatican representatives were questioned by the U.N. committee.

Its recommendations are non-binding and the U.N. has given the Vatican until 2017 to report back. It criticized the institution for submitting its last report 14 years late.

Recommended

OPINIONTrump giving Rush Limbaugh the Medal of Freedom was controversial — and fitting

"Well-known child sexual abusers have been transferred from parish to parish or to other countries in an attempt to cover-up such crimes," the report said.

It later added: "Due to a code of silence imposed on all members of the clergy under penalty of excommunication, cases of child sexual abuse have hardly ever been reported to the law enforcement authorities in the countries where such crimes occurred."

The U.N. report also denounced the Holy See for its attitudes toward homosexuality, contraception and abortion.

This is what your tithes pay for the slaughter of innocents and its been going for 2 millennia.

Rome founded by the satanic dirty Moors
Re: For Millenieum The Church Has Been A Homo Factory by Novaccines: 8:51pm On Feb 08, 2020
Wake up out your slumber

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (19) (Reply)

I Go Dye Celebrates His 38th Birthday With New Photos / Chidinma Celebrates Her 27th Birthday Today / I Am An Internet Terrorist - Kemi Olunloyo Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.