Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,502 members, 7,819,824 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO (7523 Views)

Fani-kayode Says Nigeria Owes Atiku Debt Of Gratitude, Gives Reason / Peter Obi: Nigeria Owes A Debt That That Could Build 160 Kainji Dams / Nigeria’s Total Public Debt Jumps By 15.64% To ₦33.107 Trillion – DMO (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by Kenturkey048(m): 6:56am On Nov 26, 2019
sylve11:
@ those complaining, to sin by silence when when you all should protest makes cowards of men and women. Go to the street and protest if you don't like the way things are going. sad undecided cool
No. They won't..if it was Jonathan they would have jumped on the street to protest like cowards been remoted.
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by Kenturkey048(m): 6:57am On Nov 26, 2019
sweetonugbu:
How much was borrowed since this government came onboard?.
13. Trillion
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by airbrush: 6:59am On Nov 26, 2019
Quincykay:
It's all relative. The issue is not the debt, the issue is that the money borrowed should be used for what is was borrowed for. It's like, there's nothing wrong with taking a bank loan (mortgage) to buy a house, but if you then spend it on vacation and cars... that's a problem. So accountability and fiscal responsibility is the issue. If look HERE you'll see our debt profile is not that bad. You'll need to scroll down.. wink

i swear nairaland zombies are not human ! how can a human being thinks like this !!!!

just imagine this logic
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by Kenturkey048(m): 7:00am On Nov 26, 2019
omowolewa:
Taking debt which doesn't have impact on citizens like $2.1b Dasuki money.

Taxpayers struggling to pay looted debts after Ngozi went begging for forgiveness.

Dasukis' loot isn't a debt..it was abachas' loot..abachas' loot that was relooted..
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 26, 2019
Sai Babarian financial policies grin

Cc lzaa gmbuharii afamed helinues omenka greenback rekhina

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by Quincykay: 7:06am On Nov 26, 2019
airbrush:

i swear nairaland zombies are not human ! how can a human being thinks like this !!!!

just imagine this logic

It's ok. Nairaland is just a place for many to unload... I understand. Once in a while though, if you try, you might learn something.
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by capitalzero: 7:07am On Nov 26, 2019
it is not much.about #125000 per head.lol
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by Darkgini: 7:16am On Nov 26, 2019
Debt stock grows and declines in relation to additional borrows and debt service. Our debt service cost is alarming.
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by sweetonugbu: 7:18am On Nov 26, 2019
Kenturkey048:
17. Trillion
chisos, so obj, yar,adua and gej managed 10 trillion under sixteen years while saint bubu did his in four years
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by Bellotelli: 7:22am On Nov 26, 2019
That's Buhari's debt, not Nigeria's. grin
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by Nobody: 7:22am On Nov 26, 2019
# govt of thieves, by thieves, for brain dead simpletons!
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by Kenturkey048(m): 7:25am On Nov 26, 2019
sweetonugbu:
chisos, so obj, yar,adua and gej managed 10 trillion under sixteen years while saint bubu did his in four years
record breaking...don't worry before 2023 it will be 30trillion..I made mistake....its saint bubu borrowed 13.trillion.
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by sweetonugbu: 7:27am On Nov 26, 2019
Kenturkey048:
record breaking...don't worry before 2023 it will be 30trillion..
what did they use it to do abeg.
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by Kenturkey048(m): 7:28am On Nov 26, 2019
sweetonugbu:
what did they use it to do abeg.
I don't know oooh....maybe we both check out the country..who knows,,we might locate what it was used for.
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by sweetonugbu: 7:33am On Nov 26, 2019
Kenturkey048:
record breaking...don't worry before 2023 it will be 30trillion..I made mistake....its saint bubu borrowed 13.trillion.
u are the man we sabi

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by SalamRushdie: 8:04am On Nov 26, 2019
Burgerlomo:
Just 50 people or less in that kontiri can pay back that money, anyway it's well cool

Name 50 people in Nigeria that can pay this back
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by Sultannayef: 8:05am On Nov 26, 2019
shosky1794:
Our debt to GDP ratio is still one of the lowest in the world. US, Japan and some of the these big western nations have some the highest debt to GDP ratios and they are still borrowing more. We should be well informed before we make comments here

Dear “Economist”,

Debt should be measured by debt repayments to revenue. Debt to GDP is a wrong and misleading measure.

You pay debt not by the size of GDP, but by how much revenues you are getting through tax and non-tax.

If you go by debt repayments to revenue, you will see that Nigeria uses huge resources to service debt, mostly the domestic debt though. This shrinks funds for capital expenditure and public investment and thereby undermines economic development.
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by hush15: 8:10am On Nov 26, 2019
Racoon:
Imagine Nigeria's debt internal/external debt profile today comparable with its GDP and you wonder why its has never made any economic progress under the APC govt.

All they are concerned with is borrowing and enforcement of anti-human taxation policies to shore up revenue just to service debts with less monies for capital project development despite the many lies of improved staggering revenue generation by various agencies of goverment.

To think that these are the same hypocrites who have borrowed more within a short time than any government in histroy with no clear evidence of what these debts were used for shows how hypocritical the APC can be.

All they know is how to continue to mortgage Nigeria into chronic eternal financial indebted-ness without considering the economic implications.
Naija matter tire me. Like Reno, I won't put mouth again
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by Yaro005: 8:19am On Nov 26, 2019
Racoon:
Imagine Nigeria's debt internal/external debt profile today comparable with its GDP and you wonder why its has never made any economic progress under the APC govt.

All they are concerned with is borrowing and enforcement of anti-human taxation policies to shore up revenue just to service debts with less monies for capital project development despite the many lies of improved staggering revenue generation by various agencies of goverment.

By this time next year it will increase to 30trillion...
Let's wait and see....This people don sell this country already walai

To think that these are the same hypocrites who have borrowed more within a short time than any government in histroy with no clear evidence of what these debts were used for shows how hypocritical the APC can be.

All they know is how to continue to mortgage Nigeria into chronic eternal financial indebted-ness without considering the economic implications.
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by bilulu(m): 8:22am On Nov 26, 2019
shosky1794:
Our debt to GDP ratio is still one of the lowest in the world. US, Japan and some of the these big western nations have some the highest debt to GDP ratios and they are still borrowing more. We should be well informed before we make comments here
See them bringing out their heads.... when those guys borrow you see what they use it for, the being borrowed what have we been using it for? What is the essence of borrowing? As you compare our debt profile with those guys can you also compare the developmental strides?
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by Stakeholders(m): 8:25am On Nov 26, 2019
Kenturkey048:
13. Trillion
How? 22 - 11 ( trillion) will give you what?
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by bankylan: 8:34am On Nov 26, 2019
shosky1794:

You are Olodo. GDP is not a measure of well-being. Comparing a productive country with a very high per capital income with Nigeria isn't brilliant.

To complicate the matter, over 50% of our revenue is being used for debt servicing and a chunk goes to recurrent expenditure; and we have a very high population.
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by shosky1794: 8:35am On Nov 26, 2019
Sultannayef:

Dear “Economist”,

Debt should be measured by debt repayments to revenue. Debt to GDP is a wrong and misleading measure.

You pay debt not by the size of GDP, but by how much revenues you are getting through tax and non-tax.

If you go by debt repayments to revenue, you will see that Nigeria uses huge resources to service debt, mostly the domestic debt though. This shrinks funds for capital expenditure and public investment and thereby undermines economic development.

One of the reasons for borrowing in the first place is to improve infrastructures. You can talk about sincerity of purpose but if we need real development, there's no way we will not borrow more
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by shosky1794: 8:41am On Nov 26, 2019
bankylan:

You are Olodo. GDP is not a measure of well-being. Comparing a productive country with a very high per capital income with Nigeria isn't brilliant.

To complicate the matter, over 50% of our revenue is being used for debt servicing and a chunk goes to recurrent expenditure; and we have a very high population.

You guys just can't be civil in any public discourse. 50% of our revenue for debt servicing? I will like to know where you get this information from.

GDP: 'It functions as a comprehensive scorecard of the country’s economic health' - Investopedia
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by shosky1794: 8:43am On Nov 26, 2019
bilulu:

See them bringing out their heads.... when those guys borrow you see what they use it for, the being borrowed what have we been using it for? What is the essence of borrowing? As you compare our debt profile with those guys can you also compare the developmental strides?

Now you are being emotional. Why is it that we only want to compare Nigeria to the western countries when it's really convenient for us.
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by witworth(m): 8:57am On Nov 26, 2019
sometimes tragedy helps takes one's mind off disaster.
if this amount of money was spent well for the nation, Nigeria would be better than even south africa. but unfortunately, there is no difference between Nigeria and even Angola
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by DexterousOne(m): 9:07am On Nov 26, 2019
shosky1794:

BETTER sharap

Our debt profile is blowing
And our infrastructural deficit is widening at the same time

Does it make sense to you?
Assuming our debt is going up
And there are tangible results
And our infrastructure deficit is closing

There won't be much cause for alarm
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by Sultannayef: 9:47am On Nov 26, 2019
shosky1794:

One of the reasons for borrowing in the first place is to improve infrastructures. You can talk about sincerity of purpose but if we need real development, there's no way we will not borrow more

The problem is not borrowing. By the way some countries have debt to gdp ratio over 100%.

The problem is public investment efficiency in Nigeria is extremely low. The moeny borrowed is not put to good use. There is so much leakages.

Just to wrap up, we can not be fixated on debt to gdp ratio because it does not tell us whether Nigeria can repay her debts or whether the debts are sustainable without Nigeria drifting to debt distress. We need to talk about the ability of Nigeria to service these debts while pursuing meaningful economic and social development.
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by DennisEche(m): 11:45am On Nov 26, 2019
where are the naira land resident zombies? they can never comment on this type of thread
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by bilulu(m): 11:53am On Nov 26, 2019
shosky1794:

Now you are being emotional. Why is it that we only want to compare Nigeria to the western countries when it's really convenient for us.
You re the one being emotional because I’m always against we comparing Nigeria to other developed countries one sided. When you copied a country’s anti social media bill you fail to copy their developmental strides, when we compare our boarder closure to that of China we fail to compare what they did when their boarders were close to what we re doing. When you tell us uS is owing then you should compare what US used their loans for and what we have been using ours for..... my brother I’m not attacking you I’m only trying tell fellow Nigerians that if we must compare or copy from another country let’s copy their developmental strides and not the negative side
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by shosky1794: 12:18pm On Nov 26, 2019
bilulu:

You re the one being emotional because I’m always against we comparing Nigeria to other developed countries one sided. When you copied a country’s anti social media bill you fail to copy their developmental strides, when we compare our boarder closure to that of China we fail to compare what they did when their boarders were close to what we re doing. When you tell us uS is owing then you should compare what US used their loans for and what we have been using ours for..... my brother I’m not attacking you I’m only trying tell fellow Nigerians that if we must compare or copy from another country let’s copy their developmental strides and not the negative side

I'm not trying to support the govt of the day. Just saying that our borrowing is not out of place. Whether we like it or not the country will borrow just like many other countries. How we utilize those borrowings is another discussion
Re: Nigeria Owes N25.7 Trillion – DMO by Kenturkey048(m): 12:26pm On Nov 26, 2019
Stakeholders:

How? 22 - 11 ( trillion) will give you what?
25.7-11 wil give you what ??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

NAF To Provide Low Cost Post-Service Housing For Personnel (Photos) / The Yorubas; Why Fulani May Return To Presidency 2023 / Bye Bye To You All. I'm Tired Of Life. Let Me Go And Rest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.