Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,515 members, 7,854,208 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:28 PM

Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission (29958 Views)

Shettima’s Aide, Stanley Nkwocha To Obi: ₦15bn For VP’s Residence Not Wasteful / Niger Republic Denies Receiving N1.15bn Vehicles From Buhari Government / NPA Terminates Intels Pilotage Contract Over Failure To Remit $145.84m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by Nobody: 4:48pm On Nov 26, 2019
Amalekki:
Every Nigerian is an expert on every issue until you put them in charge. You go hia story taya grin

Thank you sir...

Well said.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by Nobody: 4:52pm On Nov 26, 2019
phineas:
Its better to pay 5% commision to 3rd party firms and get 95% as at when due than to forget 65billion dollars for 20years as Nigeria was rumoured to have done and eventually letting go of the money because of technicalities due to delays

Goverment system is ineffective for identifying and following up on debts.A third party firm will take its duties more seriously with their own prefinancing for the sake of their profit.They will also ignore political constrainsts as they aim for their profit

National interest is to use third party firms for such jobs.Small minded individuals should get real

grin

That's why the country is stagnant.

Wrong points of view. Using forks where spoons are needed. I hope it won't be uncommon to hear in future that monkey has swallowed the money after its recovery.
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by alexola20(m): 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2019
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by SocialJustice: 5:09pm On Nov 26, 2019
Malami slip cut. I'm sure his money in the fee will be up to 50% that's if it's not more.

Working for baba is not easy. Under Jonathan, he would have become a dollar billionaire for sending letter.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by festacman(m): 5:19pm On Nov 26, 2019
Xisnin:

While leaving the perpetrator untouched?

It is difficult to nail Malami based on this because he would claim that he hired the firm on based on its track records compared to others and moreso, he is not the final decisionmaker as the President would give final approval. As a leader, you must give your team members benefit of the doubt. The thing is that it raises question mark on Malami's intentions requiring certain decisions of his that involve financial transactions to be double scrutinized.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by Charly68: 5:23pm On Nov 26, 2019
Baba is gradually getting his groves back ,these men jazz has lost its potency and it will never work in Jesus name. PMB the most conservative president ever.. Even though he claimed to a progressive president ,his ideas and fashion are very conservative

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by savwell: 5:25pm On Nov 26, 2019
This is hate speech
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by fyneguy: 5:38pm On Nov 26, 2019
JonDon12:
The question is how the Bleep do these companies owe us $43 billion. Are these politicians crazy. 5 % is not a lot. At least we get 95 per cent compared to the 0 % Buhari is getting us. What i don't understand is how we can be borrowing money when other companies owe us. This government is crazy.

You need to understand what happened. It started many years ago. The IOC's kept bribing government officials - both Excecutive and Legislators, to look away. It's Buhari that put his feet down that it must be done.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by BRASH: 5:39pm On Nov 26, 2019
Sukueponmalu:

Wailers will always have something to say
. Maybe thats because wailers are the only ones with their brains intact.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by juman(m): 5:40pm On Nov 26, 2019
See unbelievable stealing of money!
This country is dead.

They want to build house on the moon.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by stonemasonn: 5:41pm On Nov 26, 2019
This money will solve 75% of our power problems if judiciously used but trust me if this money makes it to the hands of this government and the 36 states, you know the rest.......

1 Like

Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by duchez(m): 5:45pm On Nov 26, 2019
pricklewane:
over to the wailing Igbos of Nigeria that claimed Maima is Buhari's nephew.
At your age you know nothing. Shame!
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by SarkinYarki: 6:03pm On Nov 26, 2019
Sanchez01:

Read and be objective! The government canceled the contract because it felt it could recover the money on its own since it only involves 'writing' letters, and not what you purported.

You believe that in Nigeria grin grin? objective with Buharis deceptive govt grin grin?
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by seunmsg(m): 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2019
festacman:

It is difficult to nail Malami based on this because he would claim that he hired the firm on based on its track records compared to others and moreso, he is not the final decisionmaker as the President would give final approval. As a leader, you must give your team members benefit of the doubt. The thing is that it raises question mark on Malami's intentions requiring certain decisions of his that involve financial transactions to be double scrutinized.

I really don’t get, did Malami singlehandedly award the contract without FEC approval? If the answer is yes, then it is not enough to just terminate the contract, he should be sacked and prosecuted for violating the public procurement act.

No minister has the power to award a consultancy contract with a financial obligation above N100m without the approval of FEC and a no objection certification from BPP. Malami has obviously gone rogue, he should be sanctioned for this.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by Sanchez01: 6:08pm On Nov 26, 2019
SarkinYarki:

You believe that in Nigeria grin grin? objective with Buharis deceptive govt grin grin?
No, I don't. But coming up to explain why the contract was canceled and their reasons speak volume.
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by Tyche(m): 6:13pm On Nov 26, 2019
pricklewane:

Igbos Kill you there, slowpoke
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by Yankee101: 6:18pm On Nov 26, 2019
I thought he was blind to all of Malami's scheming.

But I suspect ABBA kyari had no cut and used his office to make it look like it was the president's idea
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by planetx: 6:21pm On Nov 26, 2019
He probably owe stakes in the company getting the recovery contract, basically awarding the contract to himself.
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by ofwest47(m): 6:42pm On Nov 26, 2019
But for the on going Buhari's efforts to curb this menace, this corruption programs has been going on since the last 59 years. Remember " Sad Sam " Sam Amuka Pemu former editor of Sunday Times " Ten years of Independent " Oil flowed blood flowed , the men of the people chop until the redeemers of the people ( military) came but alas! we just exchange monkey for baboon.
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by Yusman316(m): 6:48pm On Nov 26, 2019
Racoon:
[s][/s] Buhari has never fought any corruption.He only fights corruption he is not interested in
What will it take u to acknowledge the president, when he is right? Don't let hatred consumed u. Just saying
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by JonDon12: 6:53pm On Nov 26, 2019
fyneguy:

You need to understand what happened. It started many years ago. The IOC's kept bribing government officials - both Excecutive and Legislators, to look away. It's Buhari that put his feet down that it must be done.

It took him 5 yrs to put his feet down ? What is he ? The world's oldest tortoise.

I'm not blaming him though. I blame the whole system
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by EazyMoh(m): 7:21pm On Nov 26, 2019
This dubious Malami is the number one reason I stopped supporting this administration. He is even worst than Abba Kyari and Mamman Daura combined.
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by k2money(m): 7:21pm On Nov 26, 2019
JonDon12:
The question is how the Bleep do these companies owe us $43 billion. Are these politicians crazy. 5 % is not a lot. At least we get 95 per cent compared to the 0 % Buhari is getting us. What i don't understand is how we can be borrowing money when other companies owe us. This government is crazy.
My brother you should be ashamed of your analysis.
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by Awoo88: 7:43pm On Nov 26, 2019
The only reason the deal or commission was concealed is because of the power play between Abba and Mallani
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by Doyin2(m): 8:07pm On Nov 26, 2019
JonDon12:

Seems comprehension is your major challenge.

May God grant you the power of comprehension.
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by klax(m): 8:32pm On Nov 26, 2019
SarkinYarki:

So at your age you don't know the Daura cabal wants to appoint their own person as receiver

Bro just ignore him pretend as if he is not existing.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by Legalese(m): 8:34pm On Nov 26, 2019
I refuse to believe you can be this silly. So you read this whole article and all you could think of was how to stoke your fragile ethnic pseudo ego? Kontinue
pricklewane:
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by AreaFada2: 8:45pm On Nov 26, 2019
allthingsgood:
Why put eye in what d company will make. If u could recover it urself uwould ha e done so many years ago
Exactly!

My only grouse is how they reached the of over 43 billion dollars debt figure from those bodies and companies. Otherwise 5% commission is not outrageous by international standards.

After over 4 years why has Buhari not recovered the monies by himself if he actually can?

You know Bubu does not know how these things work.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by Mayflowa(m): 9:26pm On Nov 26, 2019
NaMeAboki:

It is a risk free negotiation where FG (as the resource owner) is in the driving seat and can manage it itself (through the NNPC) without having to engage outside lawyers at the purported 5% fee.

okay o. This is how a govt should work. It should not take another two years because @ 10% interest rate, that is about $1B lost already
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by allthingsgood: 9:43pm On Nov 26, 2019
AreaFada2:

Exactly!

My only grouse is how they reached the of over 43 billion dollars debt figure from those bodies and companies. Otherwise 5% commission is not outrageous by international standards.

After over 4 years why has Buhari not recovered the monies by himself if he actually can?

You know Bubu does not know how these things work.

It's not buhari, it's Abba kyari the cabal
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by AreaFada2: 9:50pm On Nov 26, 2019
allthingsgood:

It's not buhari, it's Abba kyari the cabal
We are saying same thing. Bubu has no idea of many things going on.

Be as it may it's all still done in his name and in the name of his administration which Aba Kyari is part of.
Re: Buhari Terminates Trobell International Limited Contract Over $2.15bn Commission by Theoarhics: 10:26pm On Nov 26, 2019
I have always known thus govt was going to be the most corrupt govt in the history of Nigeria . Let them leave office then you will see the dubious things they have been doing. Integrity ppl

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

GRV Condemns Attack On Olumide Oworu And His Campaign Team; Calls Out Sanwo-Olu / Gabon: Expect More Coups In Africa – Femi Fani-kayode( FFK ) / Supreme Court Imposes N40m Fine On Mike Ozekhome Over Frivolous Suit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.