Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,637 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:02 PM

Is Gambling On Football A Sin - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Gambling On Football A Sin (19779 Views)

Is Gambling A Sin In Christianity? / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome- self-service Is Not A Sin. / Is Fornication Really A Sin? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Gambling On Football A Sin by tkb417(m): 5:53pm On Nov 24, 2010
Image123:

i answered this earlier by saying."It is rightly seen as illegal by the law, and believers ought to be law abiding EXCEPT when we ought to obey God rather than men". 1Peter 2v13-17
sorry, it is not illegal in Nigeria and the United Kingdom so for now, we are not sinners!
Re: Is Gambling On Football A Sin by Reference(m): 7:37pm On Nov 24, 2010
Hmm, this is serious, so the value of my portfolio has halved and overnight I have become a fool and a sinner. For your information Image I called my brokers and reported you and they were all pleading for me not to listen to the naughty man. grin.
Chei, I actually feel foolish. But they told me tomorrow will be better.

My man if you need to know everything about everything in this life before you can be a saint then don't leave the house and don't bother to make money. Believe me in Nigerian finances one special adviser, one malam Sanusi, one Ndidi Okereke, one Erastus, one militant with a stick of dynamite can flatten your portfolio, melt your candles, redraw your charts and send you back to your village to farm before you can say kai barawo.

Talking of gamble who will you pay upfront for Nigerian crude, Shell or Henry Okah. Who is more reliable today. Do you know the effects on Nigeria, do you know that people have lost millions just like that.

Image, everyday millions wake up go out and take far reaching decisions backed up with the best knowledge, devices and goodwill yet some return angry at the end of the day.

Barca should beat almeria for many reasons just as gold should continue to rise because of fears over mounting goverment debts. But a mad Puyol or a crazy Bernanke can change everything in a flash before you can reach your laptop, power your platform and cancel the deal.
Re: Is Gambling On Football A Sin by tkb417(m): 8:25am On Nov 25, 2010
Barca should beat almeria for many reasons just as gold should continue to rise because of fears over mounting goverment debts. But a mad Puyol or a crazy Bernanke can change everything in a flash before you can reach your laptop, power your platform and cancel the deal.
dont mind Image

how is he different from those christians that believe dancing to pasuma music is a sin or having a TV in your house is tantamount to keeping a box filled with the sins of this world

i know his type, we all shall meet in paradise

as for me and my house, betting on football matches is not different from speculating on forex and stocks so i go with football

case closed!
Re: Is Gambling On Football A Sin by ebalualu: 1:18am On May 11, 2012
GAMBLING IS A SIN BUT WE PRAY FOR GOD MERCY
Re: Is Gambling On Football A Sin by Ptolomeus(m): 4:41pm On May 11, 2012
To play football is not a sin.
But sometimes it is ...
For example, imagine Satan himself liquidating this match ...
Yes! ... I think it's a sin!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPXyfxVjR5M&feature=related
Re: Is Gambling On Football A Sin by sammade: 10:03pm On Apr 24, 2016
I do believe that with the kinda life the Romans lived and the kind of mind humans have, the Israelites must have gambled in Egypt such that God will ban dem if he dislikes it. David or Solomon in all wisdom will have said several things about it and Jesus must have said lots about it if it's a sin. I wonder why we try to always redefine the Bible or help God add to his sayings. God is too direct to ignore or omit somthing like this to not have clearly banned it. Even in Sodom and Gomorrah where sins where committed gamble wasn't highlighted. .just saying
Re: Is Gambling On Football A Sin by ojuoluwani(m): 4:29am On Aug 28, 2016
Hmmm na wah oo
Re: Is Gambling On Football A Sin by goodnewz4u(m): 11:29pm On Sep 06, 2016
In the case of betting(gambling) and stock market(forex), I agree it's not good for a child of God to do, because someone esle somewhere loses as you gain.
But for Real Estate You invest money and buy, and after some time it appropriates then you sale no matter the amount involved(Gain… which is the return of the investment) and nobody gets hurt or loses as you gain.
dayokanu:

the money you gain from stock market where did it come from?

Is stock market not a gamble? Why do people lose money from it? Even Professors of Finance from Wharton have lost money, Warren Buffet has lost money.

Real estate? If you buy a land for 1m and 2 yrs later someone offers to pay 100m for it, Now tell the person you are not greedy and you would sell it for 1.1million
Re: Is Gambling On Football A Sin by goodnewz4u(m): 11:48pm On Sep 06, 2016
In the case of betting(gambling) and stock market(forex), I agree it's not good for a child of God to do, because someone esle somewhere loses as you gain.
But for Real Estate You invest money and buy, and after some time it appropriates then you sale no matter the amount involved(Gain… which is the return of the investment) and nobody gets hurt or loses as you gain.

One day a person shouted to Jesus from a crowd asking him for help in dividing a family inheritance between him and his brother. Jesus' sharp, to-the-point response first stated that his purpose on earth was not to be a judge or arbitrator between people to settle their disputes. The word "arbitrator" used in the NASB and other translations for Jesus' response in Luke 12:14 come from a Greek word whose meaning is very similar to the word "destiny" in the Hebrew. Both words have in common the same concept of portioning out or dividing that gambling business partake in when they take the wealth of one person and give it to someone else.

Jesus warned the man who screamed for his help to be wary of covetousness (greed) since God never intended a person's life revolve around the accumulation of physical things (Luke 12:15). He then gave what is known as the parable of the foolish rich man who built bigger barns (verses 16 - 21). The book of Jeremiah does warn us not to be "greedy for gain" (see Jeremiah 6:13, 15). In short, the Bible says that gambling is something we should not indulge in.

A real Christian will never be comfortable in gambling, because the Holy Spirit will not be happy with that, and it's not of "Faith" , Rather of "Luck"

Bible says:
For therein is the righteousness of God revealed from faith to faith: as it is written, The just shall live by faith.
~ Romans 1:17 KJV
Re: Is Gambling On Football A Sin by kaysteph: 9:09pm On Jan 17, 2019
I will make this as concise as possible. No unnecessary stuffs. Fo0tball trading is very popular now between old and young. If you are open-minded about it then, you will love what I will expose you to here

Pr0f1ting N1OO,000 in your first Month and Scaling to N1,OOO,000 in 3 Months from FO0TBALL Trad1ng With more or less than 50000 investment'

In few years from now, you will be more annoyed about the THINGS YOU DID NOT DO than the things you did.

Hit me up 08132127402

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ozubulu Villagers Gather In Front Of Attacked Church To Pray For The Dead.Photos / Will The “Great Crowd” Be On Earth When Armageddon Breaks Out? / Apostle Suleman Kissing His Wife, Lizzy Suleman On His Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.