Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,287 members, 7,850,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:58 PM

Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics (33733 Views)

Second Niger Bridge Julius Berger Made Provision For Train Tunnel(video) / Julius Berger Switches On The Streetlights On The Second Niger Bridge (Pictures / Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by wiseone28: 6:55am On Nov 27, 2019
Atouke:

Stop the rumor, all major roads/ contracts in the state are done by construction giants like Julius Berger, CCECC, WE, VKS ,Nigerpet structures etc.
Currently Julius Berger is handling ikot Ekpene uyo, a flyover at ekom Iman junction and are also involved in parts of the eket to uyo road. And they are handling major drainage construction in the state, while CCECC , has the bulk of the Uyo to eket contracts.

VKS the Turkish construction firm built the road and bridges linking Onna and Mkpat enin.
They built the jubilee syringe factory, they built the king flour mill both completed and in Use and are currently building the coconut and palm kernels oil refinery.
They are also building the 21 story office building and the new airport terminal.

Nigerpet structures is handling eket city renewal that involves many roads, roundabout, drainages and eket city park.

You don't expect this giants firms to be constructing street, and little jobs that local contractors from the state can handle.
Why did the house of Assembly summons the commissioner of work because of poor road construction?

Nsek construction na you get am?

How many Julius Berger and CCEC construction do u see inside Uyo?

Stop defending your pay master when he leaves office in 2023 its me and you that will suffer.

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by kwalangida1: 7:00am On Nov 27, 2019
[s]
itsme01:
cool

Akwa ibomites are blessed with vissionary leaders

[/s]
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by wiseone28: 7:01am On Nov 27, 2019
rottennaija:

That means you know what's going on.
A below average Gov..
Only to do advert on radio stations in Akwa ibom that he knows.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by rottennaija(m): 7:12am On Nov 27, 2019
Atouke:

Can you show pictures of the piles that were already done?
I hate hear says.

How can you expect me to show you picture of piles (assuming it was done) drilled into the ground? Can you show me pictures of piles drilled into the ground in Ikom Iman Junction, a currently going construction work ooo?

If this was done, as the community said, then it was must have been done in 2014 or 2015. Not even today.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by kampari: 8:48am On Nov 27, 2019
Akwa boom is working

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by SamOyovwi: 8:52am On Nov 27, 2019
Even in Delta State here, the governor who claims to be the road master uses quack companies to construct the roads. They don't last. Julius Berger is the best for roads
Awol1:
Julius Berger working on a South south road...

When it gets to Southeast, they will contract one local contractor to use our roads and learn work.

What is our sin to Nigeria?
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Kinematics: 8:52am On Nov 27, 2019
The construction of this road has been ongoing for almost a decade now.

Them no dey finish am?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Bucky001(m): 8:55am On Nov 27, 2019
I think Uyo to Ikot Ekpene is a federal road[/quote] That is not a federal road bro. The abandoned Calabar-Itu highway is

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Bucky001(m): 8:56am On Nov 27, 2019
God bless Akpabio for finding that road worthy to construct before living office

4 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by lordm(m): 8:57am On Nov 27, 2019
Awol1:

When it gets to Southeast, they will contract one local contractor to use our roads and learn work.

fool
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by 2RUTHHURTS(m): 8:59am On Nov 27, 2019
grin
Awol1:

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by sonnie10: 9:00am On Nov 27, 2019
Anybody that can explain in details what” Uyo by air” means, I will send the person a #2k recharge card.
I promise. First to get it right wins. In not less than 100 words

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by makavelli80(m): 9:02am On Nov 27, 2019
Atouke:

The challenge of the construction was building a road of this magnitude through the heart of Ikot Ekpene which is an old town with many buildings which means a lot of buildings had to demolished and compensations running to billions paid, and you know How Nigeria is, some who were paid were not satisfied with the payments and wanted to double dip, tied the progress of the construction in courts.

But finally it seems that the state government has been able to wade through all those bottlenecks to clear the right of way for the construction to continue.

FYI, ikot Ekpene was the first experimental Local government Area in British West Africa.
This town is where the colonial masters started their establishment of Local government concept in west Africa. So it's been a well urbanized area for years.
Dede atiedie?

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by makavelli80(m): 9:03am On Nov 27, 2019
My town cool

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Anambralstson: 9:04am On Nov 27, 2019
Awol1:

Dumbo post, read and move on, not by force to comment.
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by tuskers: 9:05am On Nov 27, 2019
From inception flyover was part of the contract for the of construction of that road but why is the governor not making that part of what was on ground. Am not too happy with the development.
Atouke:

What's more important, to complete the road or to build a flyover?

The government has explained that a round about will be sufficient for the city of ikot ekpene until such a time it will be necessary to build one.

The ekom Iman junction requires a flyover immediately because of the number of accidents recorded there according to the state government.
You should take the government by its word, flyover are not status symbols.

FYI the city of ikot Ekpene looks great with the roundabout and the construction is not even finished but its already a beauty to behold.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by makavelli80(m): 9:06am On Nov 27, 2019
Yahman1:
Abasi eyong ye Isong Adiong afíd Ndito Akwaibom

Ano nyin mme eti mbon Ukara

Akwaibom Isongo
Idem mfo?

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Bluehill1051: 9:08am On Nov 27, 2019
sonnie10:
Anybody that can explain in details what” Uyo by air” means, I will send the person a #2k recharge card.
I promise. First to get it right wins. In not less than 100 words
Uyo by air mean getting to uyo via Aeroplanes
But it's been better and cheaper now since the development and completion of IbomAir. IbomAir is an indigenous airline from akwaibom state same way as they have AKTC land transport too.
I hope I am good to go for the airtime

3 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by sonnie10: 9:08am On Nov 27, 2019
Bluehill1051:
Uyo by air mean getting to uyo via Aeroplanes
But it's been better and cheaper now since the development and completion of IbomAir. IbomAir is an indigenous airline from akwaibom state same way as they have AKTC land transport too.
I hope I am good to go for the airtime
Very wrong . Make research and try again.
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Bluehill1051: 9:09am On Nov 27, 2019
sonnie10:

Very wrong
I swear you dey mad! Idiot!

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by MEGA4BILLION(m): 9:13am On Nov 27, 2019
Awol1:

That's a state government project not federal

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by sonnie10: 9:14am On Nov 27, 2019
Bluehill1051:
I swear you dey mad! Idiot!
I wouldn’t disqualify you, because I want to make you understand that you can still express yourself without name calling.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by emapeteum(m): 9:14am On Nov 27, 2019
BeachTime:
Akwa Ibom is sparsely populated .I believe the real population is 2 Million .Although the overall population of natives worldwide may amount to 5 Million. Its landmass is the same size as Los Angeles city proper . It can hold over 30 million people comfortably.
If I had the power, my method would be to demolish and rebuild from scratch In grid style like my sketch. Hopefully will be done as part of the Calabar Mega city project.
For now ,my comment is in regards to the current situation : Keep the money in Akwa ibom by using only Akwa ibom construction companies,and with time they'll improve ( Believe in yourself and quit slave/colonial mentality). Another option which I personally prefer is to create government agencies such as :Akwa Ibom Construction Corporation , Akwa Ibom Electric Company , Akwa bank , Akwa Ibom Transport Commission,Akwa Ibom police Service, Akwa Ibom Construction Council(to approve,oversee and implement building codes).
The Construction agency would be responsible for all construction and maintenance ,and would employ thousands of Akwa ibom Engineering professionals . And of course the government has to implement a good taxing system to boost the economy.
With that,all the money would stay and grow within Akwa Ibom.

It shows Ikot ekpene population as 300,000 on Wikepedia. The housing development in my sketch can house 50,000 residents, and it cost 100 Million dollars to develop. That means 6 of those would house everyone in Ikot Ekpne ,instead of the sprawling rusted roofs in the backdrop of the OP's photos.
My brother,it seems you dont really no AKS as such.AK is one of the densely populated state(especially the northern part) with a small landmass

4 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by princejones(m): 9:19am On Nov 27, 2019
All that is guy or man is saying are pure lies,this contract was awarded by the previous government which 90% job done before the advent of this present administration which deliberately choose to slow down the pace of the remaining 10%.on all sincerity this present govt has neglected lkot Ekpene senatorial district so much that even the promise that the governor made during the burial of one of his aide mother Hon sunny ibuot to construct the road from off Aba road to Mbiaso linking lbong village is yet to be fulfill and you expect the citizenry to take such a govt serious when little promises here and there cannot be fulfill. The road now from federal housing estate to raffia estate cannot be access. Please l plead on this government to do something urgently before the next raining season set in and cause more havoc. Thanks and God bless the Governor and the Good people of Akwa lbom state.

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by onitshaman: 9:22am On Nov 27, 2019
Awol1:

ur sin is that ur head is empty.Enugu Onitsha is RCC which is as good as BERGER.Onitsha 2nd bridge is berger,MCC pedestrian bridge at upper iweka is BERGER.so okoko go and eat akpu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Gerrard59(m): 9:23am On Nov 27, 2019
Atouke:

You must learn to crawl and walk before you can run.
The ibibios are the fourth largest ethnic group in Nigeria that's all I will say on the population issue.

When you add sub-groups like the Annang, Oro nation and Efik, then you might be correct. However, stating that the Ibibios as a standalone ethnic group being the fourth largest is not true. Izon aka Ijaw are the fourth largest. Ibibios even have to tussle with the Urobhos/Kanuris (although I doubt that 'cos nowhere in the world are there more people in the desert than costal areas) for the fourth place and not third place.

https://www.cs.mcgill.ca/~rwest/wikispeedia/wpcd/wp/d/Demographics_of_Nigeria.htm

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Codes151(m): 9:24am On Nov 27, 2019
Story story from pdp govt...

Eket is disappointed.

#UdomOut

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Nackzy: 9:26am On Nov 27, 2019
IbyOneGod:
Udom is a fool by removing the fly over from Ik city to Ekom Iman village when his campaign promise was basely on that.
Ayaka do you take weed?

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Gerrard59(m): 9:28am On Nov 27, 2019
emapeteum:

My brother,it seems you dont really no AKS as such.AK is one of the densely populated state(especially the northern part) with a small landmass

He is right unless you have a different meaning of the word "density". Akwa Ibom is not densely populated compared to its size. For instance, Japan is densely populated than California even though the former is relatively smaller than the latter. However, Los Angeles is smaller than Akwa Ibom yet has almost similar population numbers. For the population Akwa Ibom has to its size, it's not densely populated.

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by na2016: 9:29am On Nov 27, 2019
[quote author=BeachTime post=84399432] I think having a modest population is actually cool and something to be proud of ,instead of an overcrowded city.
As for "Ibibio" do you mean the combination of ,Efik,oron,Annang,Ibibio ?If so,i'm not sure if it's the 4th largest . And Ibibio is a wrong term to use . Since there's no official name , the Ethnic group or nation is known as Calabar and sometimes Akwacross.
Nigerian educational system is flawed and needs to be revised. I, an American born & raised know more about Africa than most Nigerians .
Calabar (Ibibio,Oron,Efik,Annang) is an ethnic group or nation , similarly : Yoruba,Igbo ,Fang ,Swede,Dutch,Yamato( Japanese),Korean ,Tagalog , Punjabi,etc. Africa was colonized and merged into artificial countries for selfish gains .
All ethnic groups have communities ,each community have clans and clans have chiefdom or villages,villages have extended families and extended families have nuclear families all the way down to the individual. For example ,Ibibio is a dialect and community of Calabar,Oron is a community and dialect of Calabar,Efik is a Community and dialect of Calabar,Annang is a dialect and community of Calabar . There's no official Calabar language but the most popular dialect is Efik and now Ibibio due to larger population.If a synthetic official language is created it would most likely contain 40 percent ibibio,20 percent Efik,20 percent annang and 20 percent Oron).
The same method described above is applicable to every ethnic nation in the world . Every single language in the world has dialects and some of the dialects are usually more popular than others .The official language is usually based on the most popular dialect and then some of the others . For example , Igbo is an ethnic group nation with communities and dialects such as :Ngwa,Onicha,Owerre,Udi,Igbere,Nsukka,Abakeleke,Aro,Mbaise,etc. the most popular dialect in the group is Onicha and a bit of Owerre, and the official synthetic igbo language which was created around 40 years ago is based on that dialect and hen some of the others .
the same is applicable to Spanish( Andalusian,Cantabrian,Canarian,etc. )the most popular dialect is Andalusian and the official synthetic Spanish language is base on that and a few of the others . The same method is applicable to Yamato(Japanese),Swede,Korean ,and all ethnic nations on earth.
My point of the above explanation is to buttress the fact that Efik,Oron,Annang and Ibibio are each not ethnic group but communities that make up an ethnic nation. That they are one indivisible people and nation bound by one and the same destiny; and that it's wrong for any community of the group to make up names such as Oron nation, annang nation, Efik nation or Ibibio nation. The correct term should be Calabar nation or Akwacross nation . [/quote

Trash
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Ttipsy(f): 9:31am On Nov 27, 2019
nice

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Josh44s(m): 9:36am On Nov 27, 2019
Awol1:

The worst is Delta State Government. They have no single iota of shame!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ejike Gift Emeka: 1st Class Graduate Had Accident On His Way To Lagos For NYSC / Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? / Happy New Year 2020: Celebrations Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.