Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,302 members, 7,850,073 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:50 PM

Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics (33734 Views)

Second Niger Bridge Julius Berger Made Provision For Train Tunnel(video) / Julius Berger Switches On The Streetlights On The Second Niger Bridge (Pictures / Julius Berger To Divert Another Section Of Lagos – Ibadan Expressway Monday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by chukel(m): 3:26pm On Nov 27, 2019
Awol1:
Julius Berger working on a South south road...

When it gets to Southeast, they will contract one local contractor to use our roads and learn work.

What is our sin to Nigeria?
this is state project o
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by makavelli80(m): 3:39pm On Nov 27, 2019
Atouke:

Idiok ke! Ake mfo?
afon yaka mi
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by makavelli80(m): 3:40pm On Nov 27, 2019
Yahman1:
Idem mmo ki Idem smiley
ntere k'de
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Atouke: 3:58pm On Nov 27, 2019
wiseone28:
Do u think road experimenting is good in a country such as Nigeria?

Will we keep experimenting roads with potholes in the name of giving indigenous contractor?

Which gov will like to repair a road that has already been awarded and was completed but shady?

When u say the money will be spent in Akwa ibom, are u the financial secretary to the company owners?

Tomorrow won't you see them buying houses in different countries or sending their children abroad for schooling or you want to tell me they are spending it in Akwa ibom?
So buying houses abroad and sending kids abroad to study should be the exclusive reserve of foreign construction companies?
Indeginous contractors do good jobs where they are gaps the government can ask them to correct it.
It's even easier for govt to go after indeginous contractors for remediation if contracts go awry, because everyone knows where those companies are housed. Foreign companies will just pack their bags and fly home to wherever they came from. Hensek, seyang etc are doing good and they are indeginous.

2 Likes

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by wiseone28: 4:04pm On Nov 27, 2019
Atouke:

So buying houses abroad and sending kids abroad to study should be the exclusive reserve of foreign construction companies?
Indeginous contractors do good jobs where they are gaps the government can ask them to correct it.
It's even easier for govt to go after indeginous contractors for remediation if contracts go awry, because everyone knows where those companies are housed. Foreign companies will just pack their bags and fly home to wherever they came from. Hensek, seyang etc are doing good and they are indeginous.
So seyang is now indigenous name?

No need arguing with u cos u won't agree
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Raxxye(m): 4:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
Atouke:

What's more important, to complete the road or to build a flyover?

The government has explained that a round about will be sufficient for the city of ikot ekpene until such a time it will be necessary to build one.

The ekom Iman junction requires a flyover immediately because of the number of accidents recorded there according to the state
government.
You should take the government by its word, flyover are not status symbols.

FYI the city of ikot Ekpene looks great with the roundabout and the construction is not even finished but its already a beauty to behold.
You are right, my brother; there have been too many accidents and its attendant deaths at that Ekom Iman junction. The roundabout was long overdue and it is needed there more than in Ikot Ekpene!

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by winnah(f): 4:30pm On Nov 27, 2019
The guy is right, 3weeks is even 2 much. Akpabio worked with CCECC and they did a great job. But the road this guys are building now is nothing to right... Example UYO Eket road. Its a shame that barely a month of completion there's a rehabilitation work on the same road...visit it urself

Atouke:

Stop the rumor, all major roads/ contracts in the state are done by construction giants like Julius Berger, CCECC, WE, VKS ,Nigerpet structures etc.
Currently Julius Berger is handling ikot Ekpene uyo, a flyover at ekom Iman junction and are also involved in parts of the eket to uyo road. And they are handling major drainage construction in the state, while CCECC , has the bulk of the Uyo to eket contracts.

VKS the Turkish construction firm built the road and bridges linking Onna and Mkpat enin.
They built the jubilee syringe factory, they built the king flour mill both completed and in Use and are currently building the coconut and palm kernels oil refinery.
They are also building the 21 story office building and the new airport terminal.

Nigerpet structures is handling eket city renewal that involves many roads, roundabout, drainages and eket city park.

You don't expect this giants firms to be constructing street, and little jobs that local contractors from the state can handle.
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Nobody: 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2019
Hate this type of headline. Who cares about name of contractor?

There are millions of similar contractors in the world why treat expensive and unexceptional JB as indispensable superstars?

Just say FG or Contractors.
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Atouke: 4:40pm On Nov 27, 2019
GenBuhari:
Hate this type of headline. Who cares about name of contractor?

There are millions of similar contractors in the world why treat expensive and unexceptional JB as indispensable superstars?

Just say FG or Contractors.

FG has not built any road in Akwa ibom territory since 1960s.
The only attempt the fg made in recent time was the east west road and we all know how that went!
Akwa ibom state government is responsible for every project you see in our state.
Even our airport was built by the state government whereas in other states the FG built airports.
THE federal government of Nigeria hates Akwa ibom, that's why they have no projects in the state.
Thank God for giving us good state governors if not Akwa ibom would have been the worst state in Nigeria.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by winnah(f): 4:44pm On Nov 27, 2019
Such a brilliant post!!! I don't care about every other stuffs but the business of real estate in this ur write up is a billion dollars idea... imagine building and owning this mind of city in the heart of Akwa Ibom. (Either in UYO senatorial district or imot EKPENE or Eket). Just like lekki.

BeachTime:
Akwa Ibom is sparsely populated .I believe the real population is 2 Million .Although the overall population of natives worldwide may amount to 5 Million. Its landmass is the same size as Los Angeles city proper . It can hold over 30 million people comfortably.
If I had the power, my method would be to demolish and rebuild from scratch In grid style like my sketch. Hopefully will be done as part of the Calabar Mega city project.
For now ,my comment is in regards to the current situation : Keep the money in Akwa ibom by using only Akwa ibom construction companies,and with time they'll improve ( Believe in yourself and quit slave/colonial mentality). Another option which I personally prefer is to create government agencies such as :Akwa Ibom Construction Corporation , Akwa Ibom Electric Company , Akwa bank , Akwa Ibom Transport Commission,Akwa Ibom police Service, Akwa Ibom Construction Council(to approve,oversee and implement building codes).
The Construction agency would be responsible for all construction and maintenance ,and would employ thousands of Akwa ibom Engineering professionals . And of course the government has to implement a good taxing system to boost the economy.
With that,all the money would stay and grow within Akwa Ibom.

It shows Ikot ekpene population as 300,000 on Wikepedia. The housing development in my sketch can house 50,000 residents, and it cost 100 Million dollars to develop. That means 6 of those would house everyone in Ikot Ekpne ,instead of the sprawling rusted roofs in the backdrop of the OP's photos.
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Atouke: 4:50pm On Nov 27, 2019
winnah:
The guy is right, 3weeks is even 2 much. Akpabio worked with CCECC and they did a great job. But the road this guys are building now is nothing to right... Example UYO Eket road. Its a shame that barely a month of completion there's a rehabilitation work on the same road...visit it urself

Stop spreading rumors, Uyo to Eket road is not yet complete it will be completed next year and that road is one of the biggest road projects in terms of scope going on in Nigeria today. Its handled by CCECC and some parts by Julius Berger. That roads goes through the swamp and has bridges. You should be happy you have a responsible state governor.
Go to other states and see what is going on.

Udom is not just building high quality roads,
He is doing that and simultaneously renovating all major general hospitals in the state, Iquita general hospital, ikono general hospital, ituk mbang, ikot okoro general hospital etc are all back to live,

he is investing in big agricultural projects, bamboo plantations, greenhouse projects by airport road that is already exporting tomatoes, cucumbers etc to other states, coconut plantations, reactivation of Akwa palm, ibom integrated farms which is a songahai farm scheme, fertilizer blending plants, Akwa prime poultry and hatchery , cattle ranch in Uruan etc.

He is also attracting investors to set up industries. Kings flour mill, jubilee syringe, electric meter manufacturer, lion plywood factory, ibom industrial park where tooth pick, pencils, fire proof door, plastic factory etc are located.

He is investing in schools, built and completed Navy military school.
Built and completed the Army secondary school
Built the road network in Akwa ibom state university and several projects in the university
Several classrooms renovated.

Ibom Air with all the jobs it has provided.

The Chinese yiwu market in eket which will become one of the biggest Chinese trade investment in the continent.

He is building the 21 storey office building.
The government secretariat annex one of the best building in the state, the state owned Anchor insurance company Headquarters building in Uyo another fine edifice.
The state micro finance Headquarters building.
The permanent airport terminal at victor attah international airport uyo,
Governors office in Lagos and the ecumenical center in Uyo

He is doing all this thing more simultaneously.

Udom has done so much learn to be appreciative while asking for more. All this in just less than 5yrs in office.
I have no doubt whadoever that Udom will go down in history as one of the best governors in the history of Akwa ibom by the time his 8yrs is over in 2023.

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Ashawopapa001: 7:12pm On Nov 27, 2019
wiseone28:
So seyang is now indigenous name?

No need arguing with u cos u won't agree

Seyang Se"Inyang" it's owned by A'IBOmite

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by sonnie10: 7:33pm On Nov 27, 2019
Bluehill1051:
I swear you dey mad! Idiot!
I am increasing the prize to #5k. Go and do your findings well.
I still won’t disqualify you.
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by dochenaj: 9:08pm On Nov 27, 2019
BeachTime:
Akwa Ibom is sparsely populated .I believe the real population is 2 Million .Although the overall population of natives worldwide may amount to 5 Million. Its landmass is the same size as Los Angeles city proper . It can hold over 30 million people comfortably.
If I had the power, my method would be to demolish and rebuild from scratch In grid style like my sketch. Hopefully will be done as part of the Calabar Mega city project.
For now ,my comment is in regards to the current situation : Keep the money in Akwa ibom by using only Akwa ibom construction companies,and with time they'll improve ( Believe in yourself and quit slave/colonial mentality). Another option which I personally prefer is to create government agencies such as :Akwa Ibom Construction Corporation , Akwa Ibom Electric Company , Akwa bank , Akwa Ibom Transport Commission,Akwa Ibom police Service, Akwa Ibom Construction Council(to approve,oversee and implement building codes).
The Construction agency would be responsible for all construction and maintenance ,and would employ thousands of Akwa ibom Engineering professionals . And of course the government has to implement a good taxing system to boost the economy.
With that,all the money would stay and grow within Akwa Ibom.

It shows Ikot ekpene population as 300,000 on Wikepedia. The housing development in my sketch can house 50,000 residents, and it cost 100 Million dollars to develop. That means 6 of those would house everyone in Ikot Ekpne ,instead of the sprawling rusted roofs in the backdrop of the OP's photos.
I resonate with the part of creating government corporations. Unfortunately our government is very good at shelving responsibility, and that they do under the nomenclature of privatization but I call that astute laziness.
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by CarlsJaz567(m): 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2019
Atouke:

This is your opinion,you can hold onto it, but don't force others to subscribe to your opinion, they are entitled to their point of view on the matter too.

But what has ethnic nationalism got to do with this road that we are tabling at the moment?

In my own opinion, what the commentator wrote makes a lot of sense. Even though he may sound a bit academic, yet (in principle) that's how languages, ethnicities etc more or less evolve globally.

We as a people (Nigerians in general) segment/segregate ourselves too much and often fail to see that what we have had in common is usually much more than what divides us. For instance, I am Yoruba and I have lived in both Uyo and Calabar before. I never saw any serious differences between the Efik and Ibibio - they are more like dialects or variance of the same root language. It would have been much better if all these small units (Efik, Ibibio, Anang, Oron etc) acknowledge their common origin and bundle themselves together into a unified stronger unit.

The Yorubas have Ondos, Ekitis, Ijeshas, Akokos, Oyos, Egbas, Owos, Ijebus, Oke-Ogun, Ifes etc - with varying degrees of linguistic / micro-cultural differences, yet they embrace their common origin and hence stands a better chance as a bigger ethnic nation within Nigeria. Why must the smaller ethic units be proud of fragmenting themselves even into tinier distinct units? The Igbos too have this challenge...

We can be better and more united as a people!

1 Like

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by na2016: 11:35pm On Nov 27, 2019
Bucky001:

I think Uyo to Ikot Ekpene is a federal road That is not a federal road bro. The abandoned Calabar-Itu highway is

That Uyo to Ikot Ekpene road is a federal road
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by winnah(f): 12:32pm On Nov 29, 2019
guy talk with fact. udom is the worst governor in the history of akwa ibom state..... and you know it. for more clarity, uyo eket road from Etinan to eket, the contract was awarded to CCECC while Etinan to uyo is being handled by julious B. from Nsit ubium to Okon was completed between December to January this year (spesifically from itereto to ikot ekpan to Okon.) the said road, collapsed a month or two after completion so guy dont argue what u dont know.

imagine eket ibeno road uptill date ur governor is still playing politics with the road after Exxonmobil have paid infull to ur stupid governor for the construction of that road and uptill today the road is yet to be completed,

Atouke:

Stop spreading rumors, Uyo to Eket road is not yet complete it will be completed next year and that road is one of the biggest road projects in terms of scope going on in Nigeria today. Its handled by CCECC and some parts by Julius Berger. That roads goes through the swamp and has bridges. You should be happy you have a responsible state governor.
Go to other states and see what is going on.

Udom is not just building high quality roads,
He is doing that and simultaneously renovating all major general hospitals in the state, Iquita general hospital, ikono general hospital, ituk mbang, ikot okoro general hospital etc are all back to live,

he is investing in big agricultural projects, bamboo plantations, greenhouse projects by airport road that is already exporting tomatoes, cucumbers etc to other states, coconut plantations, reactivation of Akwa palm, ibom integrated farms which is a songahai farm scheme, fertilizer blending plants, Akwa prime poultry and hatchery , cattle ranch in Uruan etc.

He is also attracting investors to set up industries. Kings flour mill, jubilee syringe, electric meter manufacturer, lion plywood factory, ibom industrial park where tooth pick, pencils, fire proof door, plastic factory etc are located.

He is investing in schools, built and completed Navy military school.
Built and completed the Army secondary school
Built the road network in Akwa ibom state university and several projects in the university
Several classrooms renovated.

Ibom Air with all the jobs it has provided.

The Chinese yiwu market in eket which will become one of the biggest Chinese trade investment in the continent.

He is building the 21 storey office building.
The government secretariat annex one of the best building in the state, the state owned Anchor insurance company Headquarters building in Uyo another fine edifice.
The state micro finance Headquarters building.
The permanent airport terminal at victor attah international airport uyo,
Governors office in Lagos and the ecumenical center in Uyo

He is doing all this thing more simultaneously.

Udom has done so much learn to be appreciative while asking for more. All this in just less than 5yrs in office.
I have no doubt whadoever that Udom will go down in history as one of the best governors in the history of Akwa ibom by the time his 8yrs is over in 2023.

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Waterbear(m): 9:34am On Dec 01, 2019
Meanwhile at the other end of ikot ekpene

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Atouke: 5:58am On Dec 24, 2019
Update on uyo - ikot Ekpene road 22/12/2019

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Atouke: 5:58am On Dec 24, 2019
More

Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Hunchogee: 4:36am On May 08, 2020
Bobonowell:

i swear to God that man no sabi anything

And his a governor and you way sabi na primary school teacher alike ok.
Next
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by Hunchogee: 4:50am On May 08, 2020
phantom24:

pls take note that this road was awarded and executed largely by the previous governor(godswill akpabio), the present governor hasn't awarded any road projects to reputable contractors since inception and d citizens are suffering because if u speak up, u become a victimized by the government agents. Akwaibom has been aback by this government.

Shut up pls
Next
Re: Julius Berger To Complete 25km Uyo To Ikot Ekpene Dual Carriage Way By Dec.Pics by na2016: 12:10pm On May 10, 2020
Hunchogee:

Shut up pls
Next

You should be the one keeping SHUT! What the guy wrote, swear that it is not true. The same you will come here in 2023 to say Udom underperformed.
nonsense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ejike Gift Emeka: 1st Class Graduate Had Accident On His Way To Lagos For NYSC / Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? / Happy New Year 2020: Celebrations Around The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.