Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,542 members, 7,819,927 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget (9308 Views)

Akpabio: I Appointed Antai Into NDDC Board Because Antai Doesn't Eat Alone. / Don't Lose Hope, I Will Defend Your Votes - GRV Tells Supporters / Orji Kalu’s Children Meet Ahmad Lawan, Senate President (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by seanw: 2:32pm On Nov 28, 2019
PRESIDENT of the Senate, Senator Ahmad Lawan on Thursday reiterated that the Senate will only deal with the board members of the Delta Development Commission, NDDC it screened and confirmed this month.

Speaking shortly after the Senate Leader, Senator Yahaya Abdullahi, All Progressives Congress, APC, Kebbi North read the Executive Communication on the 2019 and 2020 Budget Estimates of the NDDC that the Senate do consider of President Muhammadu Buhari.

President of the Senate who refereed the request to the Senator Peter Nwaoboshi, Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Delta North led Committee on Niger Delta Affairs to return back at Plenary in two weeks.

Lawan said, ” I want to reiterate for emphasis that you deal with the Governing Board that this Senate approved.”

Recall that President of the Senate had on Tuesday read a letter from the President on the 2019 and 2020 budget estimates of NDDC.

The President of the Senate said, ” I believe that the executive arm of government will attend to that quickly so that we have the right people to come and defend the Appropriation request of Mr. President.”

Lawan had read the President’s request at plenary which is contained in a letter dated November 21, 2019 and addressed to him on the approval of the budget proposals for the NDDC. .

The letter reads : “Pursuant to Section 18(1) of the Niger Delta Development Commission (NDDC) (Establishment) Act, I forward herewith, the 2019 and 2020 Budget Estimates of the Niger Delta Development Commission, for the kind consideration and passage by the Senate.

“While I trust that the Senate will consider this request in the usual expeditious manner, Please accept, Distinguished Senate President, the assurances of my highest consideration

Recall that President of the Senate, Senator Ahmad Lawan had said in Tuesday that the onus was now on the President to do the needful by inaugurating the Dr. Pius Odubu led NDDC following the confirmation by the Upper Chamber in consonnance with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

Also recall Lawan hadbsaid that those it screened and subsequently confirmed as Chairman and board members of the Niger Delta Development Commission, NDDC are the only rightful people that will come and defend the budget of the Commission before its Committee on Niger Delta Affairs.

The Senate had also urged President Muhammadu Buhari to as a matter of urgency, swear in the Dr. Pius Odubu led NDDC Board.

Recall that the Senate in the first week of November, confirmed President Muhammadu Buhari’s nominees for the board of NDDC.

The former Deputy Governor of Edo State, Dr. Pius Odubu, was confirmed by the Senate as Chairman of the NDDC Board, just as a nominee from Delta State, Chief Bernard Okumagba, was also confirmed as the NDDC Managing Director.
The confirmation followed the presentation and consideration of the report of the Senate Committee on Niger Delta Affairs by its Chairman, Peter Nwaoboshi, Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Delta North

Also confirmed were Otobong Ndem who is now the Executive Director, Projects and Maxwell Oko as Executive Director, Finance and Administration.
The Senate had also confirmed Prophet Jones Erue (Delta), Chief Victor Ekhator (Edo), Nwogu Nwogu (Abia), Theodore Allison (Bayelsa), Victor Antai (Akwa Ibom), Maurice Effiwatt (Cross River), Olugbenga Elema (Ondo), Hon. Uchegbu Chidiebere Kyrian (Imo), Aisha Murtala Muhammed (Kano), Ardo Zubairu (Adamawa) and Amb. Abdullahi Bage (Nasarawa).
Only a nominee from Rivers State, Dr. Joy Yimebe Nunieh was not confirmed by the Senate as she did not appear for screening.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2019/11/nddc-budget-i-insist-that-confirmed-board-members-will-defend-it-lawan/amp/

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by VirginSearcher(m): 3:13pm On Nov 28, 2019
Rubber stamp

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by GbadeTehmy(m): 3:13pm On Nov 28, 2019
Ftc las las

Its is well o
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by tstx(m): 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2019
Yawn...
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by NOL2dworld(m): 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2019
Thievery of the highest order
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by helinues: 3:14pm On Nov 28, 2019
Ok
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by Royalfurnitures: 3:15pm On Nov 28, 2019
Then who determines who is to be confirmed or not?

Check out my signature for good quality furniture for your homes and offices
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by PassingShot(m): 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2019
VirginSearcher:
Rubber stamp.. God bless Bukola Saraki, he is the real MVP.. a pain in the a.ss to the confused incompetent APC folks
You guys can keep saying this till eternity, it won't change the facts on ground.

Where is your Saraki today? He has learnt his lesson in a hard way.

Being independent doesn't mean being a clog in the wheel of progress. Ahmed Lawan is doing his job brilliantly and this fact can't be changed even if you guys cry "rubber stamp" to high heavens.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by Lanre4uonly(m): 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2019
Ok. It is noted.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by Cherrybae(f): 3:19pm On Nov 28, 2019
The best senate since independence. Nigeria shall be great again

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by Wiifesnatcher(m): 3:23pm On Nov 28, 2019
[s]
PassingShot:

You guys can keep saying this till eternity, it won't change the facts on ground.

Where is your Saraki today? He has learnt his lesson in a hard way.

Being independent doesn't mean being a clog in the wheel of progress. Ahmed Lawan is doing his job brilliantly and this fact can't be changed even if you guys cry "rubber stamp" to high heavens.
[/s]

I don't want to believe any sane human will support the destruction of Democratic settings that APC is doing to our arms of govt lately

why learned like you support this nonsense really beat my imagination. like are you people under any form of amnesty or what?

sigh!

10 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by noisy45(m): 3:25pm On Nov 28, 2019
To the mod that banned me for 8 days I hope you have made it in life grin
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by Yemisi5(f): 3:26pm On Nov 28, 2019
[s]
Cherrybae:
The best senate since independence. Nigeria shall be great again
[/s]

3 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by yahoosurepass(m): 3:26pm On Nov 28, 2019
fraudster
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by nauto: 3:29pm On Nov 28, 2019
Na 9ja we dry so
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by PassingShot(m): 3:30pm On Nov 28, 2019
Wiifesnatcher:
[s][/s]

no sane human support the destruction of Democratic settings that APC is doing to our arms of govt lately

why learned like you support this nonsense really beat my imagination. like are you people under any form of amnesty or what?

sigh!
Keep up the wailing kid.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by Wiifesnatcher(m): 3:33pm On Nov 28, 2019
PassingShot:

Keep up the wailing kid.

I pity those that breed this thing to earth. so unfortunate to be swimming in foolishness

continue supporting stupidity, no one support stupidity, end up sounding sane

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by obailala(m): 3:34pm On Nov 28, 2019
VirginSearcher:
Rubber stamp.. God bless Bukola Saraki, he is the real MVP.. a pain in the a.ss to the confused incompetent APC folks
Realest MVP right? Besides fighting with Buhari, fighting the ruling party which actually took him to the Senate and padding budgets with flimsy constituency projects, can you please mention any examples of anti-Nigeria policies which Saraki successfully stopped or any meaningful laws which his Senate enacted? Whilst at it, besides Magu (who we all know was for selfish reasons), can you also mention the appointees which Saraki's senate disqualified which makes you set him apart from the current senate which you tag 'RUBBER STAMP'?

A lot of people just loosely assume any senate which fights with the executive is a good one, especially when it's an executive they love to hate.
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by PassingShot(m): 3:36pm On Nov 28, 2019
Wiifesnatcher:

I pity those that breed this thing to earth. so unfortunate to be swimming in foolishness

continue supporting stupidity, no one support stupidity end up sound sane
Take the wailing to another level kid.

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by Wiifesnatcher(m): 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2019
PassingShot:

Take the wailing to another level kid.

congrats for your brothers that just got their own entitlement, the 978 waiting for rehabilitation and amnesty

all Buhari supporters, PDP supporters you dummies are all bunch of clowns

how can Nigeria developed with these kind of people. sigh

2 Likes

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by Ajibade123(m): 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2019
Scammers of the highest order
anyway do you wish to study or work in Australia, Canada or US check my signature for more info
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by Ajibade123(m): 3:38pm On Nov 28, 2019
Scammers of the highest order
anyway do you wish to study or work in Australia, Canada or US check my signature for more info
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by Yemisi5(f): 3:40pm On Nov 28, 2019
[s]
helinues:
Ok
[/s]
Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by Racoon(m): 3:42pm On Nov 28, 2019
Meaning that you know another group of NDDC exco appointed by the minister in connivance with Mr.President are coming after he has earlier sent in nominees for the same charade.What a bunch of confused clueless& utterly incompetent senate.

1 Like

Re: Ahmad Lawan: Only Confirmed NDDC Board Members Will Defend Their Budget by Racoon(m): 3:42pm On Nov 28, 2019
[s]
PassingShot:

You guys can keep saying this till eternity, it won't change the facts on ground.Where is your Saraki today? He has learnt his lesson in a hard way.

[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Boosts Power Supply With ₦1.3 Trillion As DisCos Remit ₦26.8 Billion / States FAAC From January To August / Ebonyi Governorship: Glory Of 2nd Tenure Shall Be Greater Than First - U Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.