Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,167 members, 7,849,604 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:40 AM

Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina (22279 Views)

Lagos To Begin Construction Of Marina And Mile 2 Interchanges In 2024 / CBN Crisis: Confusion As Traders, Drivers Reject Old Naira Notes / Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by MrNipplesLover(m): 6:55am On Nov 30, 2019
Lagos is over populated.

and people need to survive to keep up with living.

embarassed
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by adecz: 6:57am On Nov 30, 2019
It appears you are describing
your papa this early morning;
sorry for him.

grin grin grin grin grin grin

UnitedNigeriaUN:

Just shut the Bleep up already.... anti-progressive Jihadist
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by lonelydora: 7:00am On Nov 30, 2019
juvewalex:
Lagos is more like one bedroom apartment with 50 persons living inside, there won't be breathing space.

If only every other state could develop and have strong economy like Lagos to decongest the state.

Wherever you go to within Lagos state ,you see people in the evening trooping home like everyone is running back to the village during the war time.

I almost ran mad last time i went to Lagos. I wonder how they manage to survive in the midst of chaos

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Nobody: 7:01am On Nov 30, 2019
Maxymilliano:
Same should applied to motorists and commuters in Apapa
What d heck? Is that traffic or they all parked waiting for passengers

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Kingspin(m): 7:03am On Nov 30, 2019
They want to develop Nigeria but don't know-how..
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by micgray100(m): 7:06am On Nov 30, 2019
Sanwo-Olu trying all to make a difference in Lagos state...
Remember Ambode too also gave himself sleepless night.
Please try play your politics right....

I help register Limited Liability Company with CAC for a token of 75k within 5working days. Over 200 commendations from fellow Nairalander I have previously worked for in my trend
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Ishilove: 7:07am On Nov 30, 2019
Maxymilliano:
Same should applied to motorists and commuters in Apapa
Kuku kill them. So where do you want them to pass through? Abi will they fly?
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 30, 2019
Dexpro:
Eko oni baje

Lagos, home sweet home

Eko eleyi ti baje danu tipe tipe! grin
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Kingspin(m): 7:13am On Nov 30, 2019
juvewalex:
Lagos is more like one bedroom apartment with 50 persons living inside, there won't be breathing space.

If only every other state could develop and have strong economy like Lagos to decongest the state.

Wherever you go to within Lagos state ,you see people in the evening trooping home like everyone is running back to the village during the war time.
Yes there are state that has potential as Lagos. But no will or plan to support them. So let s complain less at least for now.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Nobody: 7:14am On Nov 30, 2019
[quote author=adecz post=84489197] [s]APC just hate hustlers,
they want you to remain home & starve
so that the population can reduce. [/quote[/s]]
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by mcdokwe(m): 7:16am On Nov 30, 2019
mimilogs:
It is the responsibility of government to create the next hub to decongest Lagos state by building solid infrastructures and business support facilities that will force people to leave Lagos to other states.

Take a look at Apapa, Tincan area, the government ought to have declared an emergency on the issue of Apapa seaport.

Get other seaports outside Lagos working fully at all cost.

Create seaports in Ondo, Anambra and connect them by rail with Lagos, Portharcourt and Abuja. Help other states develop so industries can naturally relocate their factories to those other states and watch people naturally leave Lagos for good.

Nigerian government seem not to be ready to put Nigeria on roadmap to national prosperity
this is hate speech.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by juvewalex(m): 7:17am On Nov 30, 2019
mimilogs:
It is the responsibility of government to create the next hub to decongest Lagos state by building solid infrastructures and business support facilities that will force people to leave Lagos to other states.

Take a look at Apapa, Tincan area, the government ought to have declared an emergency on the issue of Apapa seaport.

Create seaports in Ondo, Anambra and connect them by rail with Lagos, Portharcourt and Abuja. Help other states develop so industries can naturally relocate their factories to those other states and watch people naturally leave Lagos for good.

Nigerian government seem not to be ready to put Nigeria on roadmap to national prosperity
I agree with you , this has been said several times but Nigerian government doesn't care about the country on how it would move forward but how to steal Commonwealth that belongs to everybody.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by jaxxy(m): 7:17am On Nov 30, 2019
jarawa:
The Lagos State Commissioner for the Environment and Water Resources, Tunji Bello, has ordered all street traders, commercial drivers and squatters to vacate the outer Marina area. He also threatened to prosecute whoever fails to adhere to the directive while disclosing plans by the state government to commence work on the beautification and landscaping of the area. The commissioner said in a statement that operatives of the State Task Force on Environmental and Special Offences Unit would from next week move to the area to enforce the law.

He urged all commercial vehicle operators in the area to move to the designated parks, warning them against picking passengers along the road. He also urged pedestrians to use the overhead bridge, saying defaulters would be arrested. “The State Task Force on Environment will soon move to Ikoyi and Victoria Island to clean up the area by ridding it of all environmental nuisances, hawkers and street traders among others,” he said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/lagos-govt-orders-traders-drivers-out-of-marina.html

Its a good thing to organize the state bt let’s do it with sm reasoning and probably also suggesting or creating alternatives for those affected by this order. Street trading is allowed in sm sections closer to the markets bt probably marina shud be reserved bt then I think the street traders in Lagos need not black the roads entirely it’s hard for cars bt that how the place has been for decades not just years.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Meenabee(f): 7:20am On Nov 30, 2019
What makes you think others states are not more developed than Lagos. Its the seaport that attract both local and foreign investors into it when they understand the harshness of Lagos.
The will relocate.
juvewalex:

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Nobody: 7:21am On Nov 30, 2019
mimilogs:

Yes I am sure the fg has infinite resources. Are people not screaming fg is selling us into slavery already?
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Advancedman(m): 7:23am On Nov 30, 2019
gloriaunobi:
The state government is doing the right thing but this will create more criminals.....they should relocate to other state

They probably came from other states

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by livebyday(m): 7:30am On Nov 30, 2019
juvewalex:

I think this is a consequence of political lopsided development backfiring

When you kill other ports in the country so all traffic can be directed to one port in Lagos only

Meaning commerce in other states died now the disadvantage is what you are seeing

Over crowding .. and guess what? Over crowding is the number one threat to the meds City status Lagos is seeking , ask India

It's all domino effect actually

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Ayoefa: 8:30am On Nov 30, 2019
UnitedNigeriaUN:

Just shut the Bleep up already.... anti-progressive Jihadist

More like anti progressive ipob miscreant.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Dexpro: 8:35am On Nov 30, 2019
grin grin grin
Freshprince91:

Eko eleyi ti baje danu tipe tipe! grin
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by BlueRayDick: 8:57am On Nov 30, 2019
I work in marina and I can tell u 100% that the CBD officials meant to rid the streets of traders are the same.set of people who collect money from.them to allow them sell by the road and side walk.

I've engaged traders severally and they told me how they pay CBD officials weekly to trade by the road side. They only seize the wares of those that don't settle as usual.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by murmee: 8:58am On Nov 30, 2019
The problem with this type of development is sustainability! I was pleasantly surprised when I went to Oshodi about two days ago and I saw the orderliness in the way the street traders displayed their goods. They were far away the main road and everywhere looked tidy and nice.

What made me sad, however, is that the whole arrangement will soon collapse because the Lagos state government will not be able to sustain it. In about a month's time, everything will go back to the usual messy, chaotic and noisy street trading. So sad!

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Tulsaguy: 8:59am On Nov 30, 2019
Sanwo-Tinubu is a point and kill Governor.... Whatever he point to is a gunna...

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by AmazingELixir: 9:02am On Nov 30, 2019
Welcome development,

Street petty trading, hawking, commercial transport operators, indiscriminate dumping of refuse, open defecation , operation of commercial motor bikes and tricycles, trailers & heavy duty truck operators, beggars, touts and thuggery are some of the major challenges Lagos state authorities have to face head on to restore sanity.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by samorobo: 9:02am On Nov 30, 2019
This is very good...I have always wanted them to do that...Marina needs a facelift so the place can be upgraded to world class enivirons....

Marina should look aesthetically world class.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by jahsharon: 9:03am On Nov 30, 2019
gloriaunobi:
The state government is doing the right thing but this will create more criminals.....they should relocate to other state

They should all go back to their Biaffraud Republic of Drugs and Crime. Other nonentities from Oyo, Osun, Kwara should vamoose. The Almajaris too should go back to their diseases and poverty infested region. If they refuse, they should all be deported. Lagos is not IDP.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Basher8583: 9:07am On Nov 30, 2019
SamoaJ:
how do you wa[i]GET A QUALIFIED AND CERTIFIED HOME TUTOR IF YOU STAY IN LAGOS FOR YOUR WARD/CHILD
?? smiley winkwww.nairaland.com/attachments/10641930_davido_jpeg1a5b1c3e84cff3b188733c1e87433940
[/i]nt them to survive?

They should go back to where they were coming from.
Na by force to hustle in Lagos
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by dederocs(m): 9:10am On Nov 30, 2019
Nice, it always have to be for the good of the majority, and miscreants always hide in between those stalls and makeshift shops...
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Gazzy88(m): 9:23am On Nov 30, 2019
jahsharon:

They should all go back to their Biaffraud Republic of Drugs and Crime. Other nonentities from Oyo, Osun, Kwara should vamoose. The Almajaris too should go back to their diseases and poverty infested region. If they refuse, they should all be deported. Lagos is not IDP.
Come to Abẹ́òkúta and see plenty of abokis trooping in here.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

PDP Moves To Sideline Wike / Keyamo Shares Videos Of PDP Members Complaining After Lagos Rally / Boko Haram New Leader: "We Will Teach Nigeria A Lesson: "

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.