Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,973 members, 7,855,941 topics. Date: Monday, 10 June 2024 at 11:48 AM

Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina (22281 Views)

Lagos To Begin Construction Of Marina And Mile 2 Interchanges In 2024 / CBN Crisis: Confusion As Traders, Drivers Reject Old Naira Notes / Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Focusmind: 9:30am On Nov 30, 2019
Beautification that would not be maintained. When you see environment and the way lawns are maintained abroad, you start wondering why Nigerian mentality is different.

Government should focus on tackling poverty and human development. An uneducated and illiterate society does not value aesthetics and does not know what a decent and lively environment is. That's why you see so much lawlessness in the street of Lagos.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Nobody: 9:34am On Nov 30, 2019
BlueRayDick:
I work in marina and I can tell u 100% that the CBD officials meant to rod the streets of traders are the same.set of people who collect money from.them to allow them sell by the road and side walk.

I've engaged traders severally and they told me how they pay CBD officials weekly to trade by the road side. They only seize the wares of those that don't settle as usual.

And that is the problem. These useless lg touts giving people a false sense of ownership. That money means nothing in the end.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by ubee(m): 9:44am On Nov 30, 2019
For the commissioner to declare the ban and enforce it is not the problem.
There is a shocking culture of unsustainability in Naija where newly enforced social laws in our society don't last more than a few months or a year before it is back to square one, because our leaders are so incompetent and lack the will to make good things work permanently.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by holums(m): 10:14am On Nov 30, 2019
mimilogs:
It is the responsibility of government to create the next hub to decongest Lagos state by building solid infrastructures and business support facilities that will force people to leave Lagos to other states.

Take a look at Apapa, Tincan area, the government ought to have declared an emergency on the issue of Apapa seaport.

Get other seaports outside Lagos working fully at all cost.

Create seaports in Ondo, Anambra and connect them by rail with Lagos, Portharcourt and Abuja. Help other states develop so industries can naturally relocate their factories to those other states and watch people naturally leave Lagos for good.

Nigerian government seem not to be ready to put Nigeria on roadmap to national prosperity

Exactly my thought, until emergency is declared in our ports, Lagos seaport will continue to be an eyesore everything seems to be concentrated in Lagos as if only Lagos is Nigeria, I don’t know why FG find it difficult to create seaports in other coastal states like Ondo, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Delta, Anambra to decongest Lagos and save the stress of people coming to Lagos from faraway to clear their goods, NPA needs to do something about this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by EMAXIM(m): 11:50am On Nov 30, 2019
it's a welcome development if it will better the lives of Nigerians, if not I term it a waste of time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by mercyville: 12:07pm On Nov 30, 2019
Meenabee:
What makes you think others states are not more developed than Lagos. Its the seaport that attract both local and foreign investors into it when they understand the harshness of Lagos.
The will relocate.

Which state is more developed than Lagos.Do you even understand the term..... developed?

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by chibnnodi: 12:22pm On Nov 30, 2019
Let the FG develop other sea ports to dislodge the population of Lagos.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Basher8583: 12:30pm On Nov 30, 2019

why would be talking like this try to put yourself in their shoes would you be talking this way.pls lets always think before we talk. .

If I were in their shoes, I won't waste time in finding my route to a location where I can survive. Cut your suit according to your size... people are making money in other States it's not only in Lagos.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Meenabee(f): 3:31pm On Nov 30, 2019
I don't under the word please school me. I beg you professor myopic minded madam know it all who is confined to one place and believes whatever google says.
mercyville:

Which state is more developed than Lagos.Do you even understand the term..... developed?
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by kayfra: 4:26pm On Nov 30, 2019
holums:

Exactly my thought, until emergency is declared in our ports, Lagos seaport will continue to be an eyesore everything seems to be concentrated in Lagos as if only Lagos is Nigeria, I don’t know why FG find it difficult to create seaports in other coastal states like Ondo, Rivers, Akwa-Ibom, Delta, Anambra to decongest Lagos and save the stress of people coming to Lagos from faraway to clear their goods, NPA needs to do something about this

There's no sea in Anambra
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by g0tze: 4:45pm On Nov 30, 2019
mimilogs:
It is the responsibility of government to create the next hub to decongest Lagos state by building solid infrastructures and business support facilities that will force people to leave Lagos to other states.

Take a look at Apapa, Tincan area, the government ought to have declared an emergency on the issue of Apapa seaport.

Create seaports in Ondo, Anambra and connect them by rail with Lagos, Portharcourt and Abuja. Help other states develop so industries can naturally relocate their factories to those other states and watch people naturally leave Lagos for good.

Nigerian government seem not to be ready to put Nigeria on roadmap to national prosperity
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Okoroawusa: 4:57pm On Nov 30, 2019
mimilogs:

Good idea but we should have started like 30 years ago...
We were not blessed with visionary leaders in the 70s n 80s... that is y we are suffering today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by mercyville: 8:37pm On Nov 30, 2019
Meenabee:
I don't under the word please school me. I beg you professor myopic minded madam know it all who is confined to one place and believes whatever google says.

And your belief is in whatever uncle sukudi says,abi?
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by ForbesHomesNG(m): 8:42pm On Nov 30, 2019
adecz:
APC just hate hustlers,
they want you to remain home & starve
so that the population can reduce.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Ronline(m): 10:49pm On Nov 30, 2019
juvewalex:
Lagos is more like one bedroom apartment with 50 persons living inside, there won't be breathing space.

If only every other state could develop and have strong economy like Lagos to decongest the state.

Wherever you go to within Lagos state ,you see people in the evening trooping home like everyone is running back to the village during the war time.
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Fortune109: 11:25pm On Nov 30, 2019
Meenabee:
What makes you think others states are not more developed than Lagos. Its the seaport that attract both local and foreign investors into it when they understand the harshness of Lagos.
The will relocate.

Eyah!! So which state is more developed than Lagos o jare my brother

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Meenabee(f): 9:24am On Dec 01, 2019
My village. grin grin grin .....
Fortune109:

Eyah!! So which state is more developed than Lagos o jare my brother
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Fortune109: 12:45pm On Dec 01, 2019
Meenabee:
My village. grin grin grin .....

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by 9jaRealist: 11:26am On Dec 04, 2019
mimilogs:

It is the responsibility of other STATE governments...

Meanwhile, there are many functional seaports outside Lagos...
PRIVATE importers just prefer to use Lagos ports for several reasons.
>

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Omoodua007: 2:15pm On Dec 04, 2019
mimilogs:

Rivers and delta
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by Omoodua007: 2:16pm On Dec 04, 2019
Kick out those polluting our dear marina
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by mimilogs: 3:31pm On Dec 05, 2019
9jaRealist:

It is the responsibility of other STATE governments...

Meanwhile, there are many functional seaports outside Lagos...
PRIVATE importers just prefer to use Lagos ports for several good reasons.
>
Don't argue what you don't know. Yes there is Onne seaport, but the cost of clearing goods is way higher because of some government policies which makes clearing from Lagos ports cheaper.

It is political, beyond your understanding
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by 9jaRealist: 3:30am On Dec 06, 2019
mimilogs:
Don't argue what you don't know. Yes there is Onne seaport, but the cost of clearing goods is way higher because of some government policies which makes clearing from Lagos ports cheaper.

It is political, beyond your understanding

I will ignore the personal insults...
It merely betrays a lack of substance or a CRUDE upbringing.

There are actually TWO seaports in Onne (the FOT and the FLT) as well as seaports in Warri, Sapele, Calabar and Port Harcourt (apart from the terminals in Escravos, Forcados, Bonny, Qua Iboe and Tuma). A principal reason that costs are higher for goods destined for the Onne ports (or any of the other Niger Delta ports) is higher insurance charges due to militant and piracy activities (real or perceived) in the region., and not because of nebulous "some government policies". In fact, because Onne is part of a Free Trade Zone, it should ordinarily be CHEAPER because of "government policies" governing free trade areas.
>
Re: Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina by SturmfuhrerSud: 3:49am On Dec 06, 2019
Lagos should buy chinese trains. Americans are idiots, and fat, chinese are building trains in Nairobi, why not Lagos?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

I Didn't Offer To Buy Kidney - Ekweremadu Tells UK Court / Group Demonstrates In Lagos For Biafra’s Sovereignty / Boko Haram Kills 25 In Adamawa - CNN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.