Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,089 members, 7,835,662 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:08 PM

N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job (36799 Views)

Polaris Bank Contract Staff Threaten Strike Over Salary Disparity / Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? / Secondary School Teaching Vs Lecturing: Which Of These Two Jobs Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Slawormir: 11:05am On Dec 02, 2019
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Sheriman(m): 11:05am On Dec 02, 2019
Bank Contract Job is not secure and there is no job Satisfaction..
Teaching Job in Government School is Secure, Job Satisfaction is based on individual reaction together with On and Off Salary.
Choose Wisely Bro. grin grin

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Acidosis(m): 11:06am On Dec 02, 2019
85k contract job in a city centre is ideal if (i) you desire unlimited prosperity, and (ii) have the potential to translate opportunities into that desired prosperity.

Before you relocate to the village, make sure you visit the village's richest teacher. Whatever you see is the highest limit you can get to in life.

The choice is yours to take.

10 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by teadrake(m): 11:07am On Dec 02, 2019
Contract job in our own country!!! This is part of what SA fought for in the days of Apartheid. There's a big atomic bomb which might soon be detonated if unemployment issue is not addressed.
Take up the teaching job bro that'll give you the opportunity to enrol for a PGDE

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Opinedecandid(m): 11:07am On Dec 02, 2019
Public school

2 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Fineman1759(m): 11:07am On Dec 02, 2019
I world in 2 banks firstbank and diamond bank I will tell you one thing for sure you will get disciplined in the bank but bro you will never save money you will nervedo anything tangible. Check all the bank managers they build at 40 50 years

Bro teaching job is better you study and grow and do better in life

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by XploreLife(m): 11:07am On Dec 02, 2019
Your narrative shows that that your vision is in line with the teaching job. The bank job is a sweet poison, it does you no good. Don't go astray because of the pay.

Goodluck bro

2 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by teejoyz: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2019
While Govt can owe you 2yrs salaryquote author=OyiboOyibo post=84550344]Contract staffs can be sacked anytime without prior notice so use your head.... [/quote]
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by ZombieTERROR: 11:09am On Dec 02, 2019
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Beer money....how do people survive with such stipend

Very insensitive comment

Not surprised it came from you though

No human can say such

8 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by ZACHIE: 11:09am On Dec 02, 2019
Contract Banking Job, any day.

Forgeg that security nonsense. Go and learn how the world works and pack that experience under your belt.
You can start off your life as a business man with 2 years banking experience.
Teaching will leave you drained of vitality. Comfort will be your company and lethargy will follow. Before long, you will fall in love with mediocrity. Gbam. Your life is finished even before you started.
Take that gamble, young man. Take that contract job and bury yourself into it.
All the best.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by teadrake(m): 11:10am On Dec 02, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Without prior notice, first Bank of Nigeria sacked contract staff across the 36 States of Nigeria.
The bank has claimed that they sacked only the contract staff whose contract ended.
The staff were reported to have received the shocking news lately yesterday.
This new development affected the services of the bank in the early hours of Thursday, November, 2019
Customers may experience delay banking with first bank today.
Some of the sacked staff described their sack as sudden.
The empty desks of the sacked staff need to be occupied as soon as possible. While doing that, the system needs to accept the new operators which causes delay as operators send request to the bank database for fresh registration.
Those requesting for ATM, opening of accounts were told to come back another as the systems failed to load.
In case you didn’t see your favorite staff as you visit your branch, know that he/she has been fired.
We wish all the affected staff Good Luck as they move on.
Where's the labour union on this First Bank will even attempt to replace those contract guys by recruiting another batch that'll be sack later. What kind of policy is that Why is this country so useless like this??

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by airbrush: 11:10am On Dec 02, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Without prior notice, first Bank of Nigeria sacked contract staff across the 36 States of Nigeria.
The bank has claimed that they sacked only the contract staff whose contract ended.
The staff were reported to have received the shocking news lately yesterday.
This new development affected the services of the bank in the early hours of Thursday, November, 2019
Customers may experience delay banking with first bank today.
Some of the sacked staff described their sack as sudden.
The empty desks of the sacked staff need to be occupied as soon as possible. While doing that, the system needs to accept the new operators which causes delay as operators send request to the bank database for fresh registration.
Those requesting for ATM, opening of accounts were told to come back another as the systems failed to load.
In case you didn’t see your favorite staff as you visit your branch, know that he/she has been fired.
We wish all the affected staff Good Luck as they move on.

The empty desks of the sacked staff need to be occupied as soon as possible

this federal Govt madness of unpreparedness First Bank carry am enter private sector see una see doown fall

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by AmazingELixir: 11:11am On Dec 02, 2019
ZombieTERROR:

Very insensitive comment

Not surprised it came from you though

No human can say such

STFU Iranu
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by TheMostComplex1: 11:11am On Dec 02, 2019
The teaching job is your best option

4 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by SolarHub(m): 11:12am On Dec 02, 2019
Hmmmm
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Angelfrost(m): 11:12am On Dec 02, 2019
This is actually a no brainer... Government job affords you all the time and freedom in the world to pursue academic and career goals.

5 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Souqwaqif: 11:13am On Dec 02, 2019
Go for the teaching job my guy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Sirmuel1(m): 11:13am On Dec 02, 2019
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Beer money....how do people survive with such stipend

cheesy they are coming for you
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Crownjew: 11:13am On Dec 02, 2019
Go for the bank work and hold right to some good connections there and perform excellently in order to be reconsidered.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Olushylay1(f): 11:14am On Dec 02, 2019
Pls pick up the the teaching job... You can put in for PGDE (Education) under (NTI) The form is out. it's 10,500..its just weekend classes.You will be thru within a year and two months.. Bank Jobs are not reliable.. Teaching job will allow you to be free and you will be able to have time for your family.. Good luck.

7 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by ejimatic: 11:15am On Dec 02, 2019
Labragadaya:
Please I Need Advise Urgently!

Pls I just registered this handle to avoid any form of backlash.

Here's my issue, I graduated in 2015 and I've been doing several things to keep body and soul together. However, late this year I got a teaching job in my states Civil service. The pay is somewhere BTW 45 to 50k and my place of assignment is in a rural area.

Pls also note that I do not have an education certificate which if I do not acquire soonest might cost me some years in promotions and maybe my job eventually.

On the other hand, I would like to pursue and build my career in the discipline I studied in school (a technical inclined course)and also further my education here (masters degree) which might provide me with better job opportunities and my teaching job provides ample time for this.

Well, the cause of my present dilemma is this - Recently, I got shortlisted for a job as a contract staff in a bank. I have just been deployed and I've been directed to resume within the week. The pay is around 85k per month plus other benefits.

Right now, I am confused if I should stick with the govt teaching job or I should go for the contract bank work which initially is for a period of 1 year after which it might be renewed (dicey). Pls I need the advice of people who have been in my shoe or in it currently? Which do I go for? What do I do?

lala pls move to front page

please are you a male or female?
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by ctleurocollege: 11:15am On Dec 02, 2019
Teaching
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by SarkinYarki: 11:16am On Dec 02, 2019
johnmartus:
Obasanjo caused a lot of trouble for this country. The idea of hire workers was introduced during the Obasanjo administration. Since then some companies have been using the system to destroy the life of commoners in the country.

So why hasn't your usless Buhari done anything about it ? I mean he has been on that seat for almost 5 years

3 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by supereagle(m): 11:16am On Dec 02, 2019
If you support teaching job, say hi, if you support banking job, say nay, HI have it.
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by sterlingD(m): 11:16am On Dec 02, 2019
ednut1:
Contract staff can be sacked anytime. Govt too can also owe salary for the teaching . Nigerian youth don suffer
Hmmm odikwa dicey,very dicey embarassed
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by nellynonso: 11:16am On Dec 02, 2019
First Bank has an exam that contract staff need to pass for them to become permanent staff. All their contract staff know this but laziness and time no gree some time take this exam. Go for First Bank job, First bank offers lots of opportunities for their workers just that the work is quite stressful.

6 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by kevoh(m): 11:18am On Dec 02, 2019
None of them is better! 85k in present-day Nigeria is worthless, better start thinking of how to have a second stream of income.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 02, 2019
This one is a tough one. This is state civil service. The only state civil service job I can recommend for regular remuneration is Lagos state. Maybe kano and rivers also. Any other state, salary is not guaranteed

Contract banking jobs will always be messed up.

2 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by johnmartus(m): 11:20am On Dec 02, 2019
Its easy like that to change. Is that how to do things overnight. The op asked you simple question and Everyone contributing. You don't say anything but its my opinion that got your attention.
SarkinYarki:

So why hasn't your usless Buhari done anything about it ? I mean he has been on that seat for almost 5 years

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by excanny: 11:20am On Dec 02, 2019
Stick with your teaching job and try to get an education certification fast.

You can get sacked for no reason in a bank as a staff talkless of contract worker.

2 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by ctleurocollege: 11:21am On Dec 02, 2019
Olushylay1:
Pls pick up the the teaching job... You can put in for PGDE (Education) under (NTI) The form is out. it's 10,500..its just weekend classes.You will be thru within a year and two months.. Bank Jobs are not reliable.. Teaching job will allow you to be free and you will be able to have time for your family.. Good luck.

Tell me more bro do they have a website?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People / Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria? / 20 Ways To Improve The Quality Of Your Life

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.