Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,288 members, 7,836,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 01:42 AM

N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job - Career (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job (36805 Views)

Polaris Bank Contract Staff Threaten Strike Over Salary Disparity / Contract Staff Job At 3 Oil Companies As An Explorer, Is It Possible? / Secondary School Teaching Vs Lecturing: Which Of These Two Jobs Should I Choose? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by McFizzy: 2:16pm On Dec 02, 2019
Teaching job...
Thank me later

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Lamar009(m): 2:53pm On Dec 02, 2019
ednut1:
Contract staff can be sacked anytime. Govt too can also owe salary for the teaching . Nigerian youth don suffer
��
Real double wahala ��
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by michael807: 3:01pm On Dec 02, 2019
my brother it better you remain with the teaching job, contract work is not garranty remember contract work you employed in the morning and sack in the afternoon.used your teaching job to build your self. Have a nice day.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Icequeen94(f): 3:10pm On Dec 02, 2019
My dear continue with your teaching job, the good thing about it is that while teaching, you have time for other things so you can further your education, get your certificate and get promoted. Don't try bank contract oo, you will work and the money they are paying won't even show and at the end of the day they may not even retain you especially when you don't have a certificate yet.
While teaching you can always study and move further plus they will keep increasing your salary. See teachers salary here
Labragadaya:
Please I Need Advise Urgently!

Pls I just registered this handle to avoid any form of backlash.

Here's my issue, I graduated in 2015 and I've been doing several things to keep body and soul together. However, late this year I got a teaching job in my states Civil service. The pay is somewhere BTW 45 to 50k and my place of assignment is in a rural area.

Pls also note that I do not have an education certificate which if I do not acquire soonest might cost me some years in promotions and maybe my job eventually.

On the other hand, I would like to pursue and build my career in the discipline I studied in school (a technical inclined course)and also further my education here (masters degree) which might provide me with better job opportunities and my teaching job provides ample time for this.

Well, the cause of my present dilemma is this - Recently, I got shortlisted for a job as a contract staff in a bank. I have just been deployed and I've been directed to resume within the week. The pay is around 85k per month plus other benefits.

Right now, I am confused if I should stick with the govt teaching job or I should go for the contract bank work which initially is for a period of 1 year after which it might be renewed (dicey). Pls I need the advice of people who have been in my shoe or in it currently? Which do I go for? What do I do?

lala pls move to front page

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 3:16pm On Dec 02, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Without prior notice, first Bank of Nigeria sacked contract staff across the 36 States of Nigeria.
The bank has claimed that they sacked only the contract staff whose contract ended.
The staff were reported to have received the shocking news lately yesterday.
This new development affected the services of the bank in the early hours of Thursday, November, 2019
Customers may experience delay banking with first bank today.
Some of the sacked staff described their sack as sudden.
The empty desks of the sacked staff need to be occupied as soon as possible. While doing that, the system needs to accept the new operators which causes delay as operators send request to the bank database for fresh registration.
Those requesting for ATM, opening of accounts were told to come back another as the systems failed to load.
In case you didn’t see your favorite staff as you visit your branch, know that he/she has been fired.
We wish all the affected staff Good Luck as they move on.
na wah o.
job security is zero in the banking sector.
that's why I advise all these bank contract staff to actually stay away from dating slay queens and then forfeit their luxurious lifestyles and invest on the income they receive monthly cos they may get sacked anytime.
we here in the Federal Service we dey do as we dey like lol highest wey u get na query.
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Gaddafih001(m): 3:17pm On Dec 02, 2019
Labragadaya:

Here's my issue, I graduated in 2015 and I've been doing several things to keep body and soul together. However, late this year I got a teaching job in my states Civil service. The pay is somewhere BTW 45 to 50k and my place of assignment is in a rural area.

Pls also note that I do not have an education certificate which if I do not acquire soonest might cost me some years in promotions and maybe my job eventually.

On the other hand, I would like to pursue and build my career in the discipline I studied in school (a technical inclined course)and also further my education here (masters degree) which might provide me with better job opportunities and my teaching job provides ample time for this.

Well, the cause of my present dilemma is this - Recently, I got shortlisted for a job as a contract staff in a bank. I have just been deployed and I've been directed to resume within the week. The pay is around 85k per month plus other benefits.

Right now, I am confused if I should stick with the govt teaching job or I should go for the contract bank work which initially is for a period of 1 year after which it might be renewed (dicey). Pls I need the advice of people who have been in my shoe or in it currently? Which do I go for? What do I do?

pick the teaching job if like yourself
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by braveheart234(m): 3:30pm On Dec 02, 2019
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Beer money....how do people survive with such stipend

Bro, maybe you're just being sarcastic or you're actually serious. If you don't earn less than 6 figures monthly, then you're either privileged, lucky or worked hard for it. However, sometimes we ought to show some empathy. Truth is, it might be beer money to you, but there are people out there who survive on less than that. I know of someone who started earning 27k some years ago, today he earns over 400k monthly. And I bet there are still very many more who would shock us if they told us their stories. Let's just pray, work hard and smart, network with the right people and apply wisdom in everything we do. We will get there by God's grace. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by mechanics(m): 4:43pm On Dec 02, 2019
Maintain your teaching job and possibly go for PGD in education.
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by shugabasbn: 4:48pm On Dec 02, 2019
Which way naija? Teaching job na strike, contract jobs na sack n if they no sack u they will used all your usefulness n youthfulness finished.
Anyway accept government job, u will have more than enough time for yourself, family and extra curricula activities that will venture u more money and self development.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by joyandfaith: 5:18pm On Dec 02, 2019
Labragadaya:

please take teaching job because you will have time to do your master and even hunting better job.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Manadan0000(m): 5:23pm On Dec 02, 2019
I'm also in this current situation, though am planning to continue the government teaching work. I don't know how serious the threat about having a teaching qualification/pgde is at your end, i ll prefer to do masters than spend over 150k on pgde.
I will send you a private message let's talk.
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Oiza131(f): 5:36pm On Dec 02, 2019
I have a colleague where I teach that earns about 70k monthly aside other parent tipping... The basic salary is 23k but with lessons and other school runs, her salary still amounts to 70k.... I got an offer like this too, but I prefer my 23k teaching job than working my life morning till night for 85k with pressure enough to cook two local of beans for 5mins... My dear just jejely take the teaching job offer... Thank heavens for the holidays too

2 Likes

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Adarich(m): 5:46pm On Dec 02, 2019
Bros abeg, just drop the school address here! Let me do the 'decisioning' for you.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by frozen70(f): 5:53pm On Dec 02, 2019
Labragadaya:

Just for the fact that the banking job is for one year and or subject to renewal

Pls take a teaching job which is more permanent but be prepared to upgrade yourself with time because of future promotions

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by snoppyd111(m): 5:55pm On Dec 02, 2019
Labragadaya:

can you combine the two? have you thought about it?
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by gwinaB(m): 6:23pm On Dec 02, 2019
Please accept the teaching job, get a pgd in education.
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by saintvc(m): 6:39pm On Dec 02, 2019
[quote author=Labragadaya post=84537547]Please I Need Advise Urgently!

[/quotsince you desire to further your studies, public service Job gives you time to do that. you just send your admission letter to the principal and you are given unlimited freedom.....bank job will not even give you break to eat your lunch.take teaching Job

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by tunize(m): 8:34pm On Dec 02, 2019
Realest advice bro nor reason the pay....run ur teachings and have peace of mind, and mind u 85k might not be complete at the end of the month if u are to be in operation department cos shortage go pop up...!!. Bank work needs ur 100% time. Talking from experience.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Legendguru: 8:56pm On Dec 02, 2019
Public and side business be smart think smart
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Sidmond: 9:14pm On Dec 02, 2019
I was in a similar dilemma years back; I was working in an excellent private school in Abuja with a good pay, accomodation allowance etc (though u fit develop ulcer because of the work load) but a job in a government school showed up and I went for it rather though the salary is less but as a mother now, I don't know how I would have coped if I had kids as at the time I was working in the private school.

I suggest you take the teaching job and add other hustles to it; it will give you time to study and even attend other interviews easily unlike a bank job.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by iamawara(m): 1:09am On Dec 03, 2019
Go for government job sir. Further ur education and pray. Forget about bank contract job. If u want know what I am saying.... Walk into any bank in Nigeria and tell the contract staffs that there's a sure government offer deal u have or can connect them, the work will pays 60-70k monthly. That the offer goes for 200k, come and see how they will Rush.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by DammyBaba: 1:32am On Dec 03, 2019
Go for the government job.You won't regret doing this later.
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by kayyat(f): 7:38am On Dec 03, 2019
Some of us got no choice
AmazingELixir:
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

Beer money....how do people survive with such stipend
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Dickson25(m): 7:51am On Dec 03, 2019
ednut1:
Contract staff can be sacked anytime. Govt too can also owe salary for the teaching . Nigerian youth don suffer
.... No be small bro Nigeria youth dey suffer. Me i got a government job early this year do u know that since i got this job i have not been paid? They are owing us 10months salary i swear bro it has not been easy for me but i wont give up on life i will keep pushing.
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Imoobot(m): 7:54am On Dec 03, 2019
Contract job is a no no. Pls run for ur dear life.
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by myeducite: 8:00am On Dec 03, 2019
helinues:
Go for teaching job if you want to be sleeping peacefully at night

If you are a good teacher, N50k salary + you should be getting at least 30k from extra coaching after school + additional tokens from appreciative parents

Voila N100k monthly with teaching job

If na so e be everybody for don get such money... pls ignore the other parts and focus on the salary you earn. to teach no be beans but govt job wont take a toll on you as much as Private schools.
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by carbony4red(m): 10:30am On Dec 03, 2019
Labragadaya:

Op, don't just bother yourself about any stupid contract job, I guess your bank contract job offer is from whytecleon, PLS DONT ACCEPT IT, stick with your teaching job where your job is secured compared to a banking job that will break your heart few days to Christmas
Go and ask this years victims, they will tell u not to even advice ur enemy to accept any banking contract job offer no matter how much they are willing to pay.

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by Safari29: 8:58am On Dec 04, 2019
dave4rella:

Go for teaching job
My wife works in the bank
Planning to pool her off that crappy job
Those top bank bosses are perverts
Before they take my sleep away from me

grin grin last time i checked, there is love in sharing

1 Like

Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by nikiu(f): 11:07am On Dec 04, 2019
Our Client, a logistics Company is in urgent need of Corporate Drivers .

Requirements

Preferred Candidate must have a valid driver's license

Should have driving experience in a corporate environment

Salary: 50,000 net

Qualified candidates can send CV to: maryann@eoutsource.net
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by dave4rella(m): 2:45pm On Dec 04, 2019
Safari29:

grin grin last time i checked, there is love in sharing

angry

Share what?
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by chieme123(m): 7:37am On Dec 07, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Without prior notice, first Bank of Nigeria sacked contract staff across the 36 States of Nigeria.
The bank has claimed that they sacked only the contract staff whose contract ended.
The staff were reported to have received the shocking news lately yesterday.
This new development affected the services of the bank in the early hours of Thursday, November, 2019
Customers may experience delay banking with first bank today.
Some of the sacked staff described their sack as sudden.
The empty desks of the sacked staff need to be occupied as soon as possible. While doing that, the system needs to accept the new operators which causes delay as operators send request to the bank database for fresh registration.
Those requesting for ATM, opening of accounts were told to come back another as the systems failed to load.
In case you didn’t see your favorite staff as you visit your branch, know that he/she has been fired.
We wish all the affected staff Good Luck as they move on.

They have also begun to employ new ones. A friend was invited for an interview, and asked to resume work the next day.
Re: N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job by softworldsystem(m): 8:56am On Dec 07, 2019
please when is the closing date

Olushylay1:
Pls pick up the the teaching job... You can put in for PGDE (Education) under (NTI) The form is out. it's 10,500..its just weekend classes.You will be thru within a year and two months.. Bank Jobs are not reliable.. Teaching job will allow you to be free and you will be able to have time for your family.. Good luck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

21 Ways Rich People Think Differently From Ordinary People / 20 Ways To Improve The Quality Of Your Life / Which Course Is More Lucrative To Study In Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.