Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,841 members, 7,813,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:25 PM

Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles (22755 Views)

EFCC Auctions 435 Forfeited Vehicles In Lagos (photos) / Lagos To Auction Forfeited And Abandoned Vehicles / Swiss To Auction Hypercars Seized From Teodoro Nguema Obiang Mangue (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by anonimi: 6:01am On Dec 02, 2019
RichDad1:
You rarely see such good any major roads and street in Lagos. Lastma are effective in that regards.

Major roads have always been relatively free of parked vehicles except for the trailers of recent years.
I am concerned about the side roads/streets. That could be a potential terrorist opportunity for car bombs.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by pweetychyka(f): 6:19am On Dec 02, 2019
chukel:
The public doesn't even know the kind and state of cars these guys are talking about. Do you people read at all? Abandoned vehicles. Who abandons good things. This generation na wa

Not sure there is anything wrong with those vehicles. If you observe the attached pics, the officials present there are Custom officials n not Lastma officials. Which makes it safe to conclude that the vehicles were seized due to document issue or illegally brought in thru 1 of the land borders without proper clearance process.

#mythought
Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by Nobody: 6:32am On Dec 02, 2019
luluosas:
How I wish I am in Lagos, God willing, I would have bought one of them. Who can help?

Me too

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by Nobody: 6:35am On Dec 02, 2019
Who can help me with the address of the venue of the auctioning. I am interested, though not in Lagos currently but would make arrangements.
Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by deavicky(m): 6:41am On Dec 02, 2019
luluosas:
How I wish I am in Lagos, God willing, I would have bought one of them. Who can help?
and u think thousands of people in lagos will not be interested.
Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by luluosas(m): 6:43am On Dec 02, 2019
Please don't misunderstand my point. Thank you
deavicky:
and u think thousands of people in lagos will not be interested.
Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by nabegibeg: 7:00am On Dec 02, 2019
anonimi:

If you decide to look on like person wey dem dey call Lookman wey come go shayo for Lucozade, na wetin dem suppose do
If na you be dem, wetin you for do if you have 200 million mumus as fellow citizens?

www.nairaland.com/attachments/10586428_fbimg15736654320838424_jpegd42241580d772ab6f2e4383c755894e8

You can't be hiding behind your phone to post meme

Come out and join the struggle

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by majamajic(m): 7:06am On Dec 02, 2019
chrisxxx:
Pls I have interest. Whoever has contact should bid on my behalf or should contact me if there is a successful bid.

see u see scammers , this will be a new format
Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by MobilityExpress: 7:08am On Dec 02, 2019
chrisxxx:
Pls I have interest. Whoever has contact should bid on my behalf or should contact me if there is a successful bid.
luluosas:

You people have mind oh! So you're comfortable about buying another man's sweat and hard labor for peanuts from government using excessive force of power to abuse citizens ownership rights and commandeer their properties. See let me tell you, I pity the people that will buy those cars because the type of curses and swearing that the owners would curse on it will be following those cars everywhere. Las las most of them (if not all) will have mysterious accidents and end up either under the trailer or inside lagoon. I can never buy an auction car from the government, a car that I know was seized from civilians. It never ends well for those who buy those items. It will be another case of the FINAL DESTINATION series happening to the buyers. Tufiakwa!!!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by SOFTENGR: 7:16am On Dec 02, 2019
donprayer900:
Only them go still buy them jare
Have you seen the real pictures? Not the customs the op is displaying here. Rickety cars of course.
Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by MobilityExpress: 7:22am On Dec 02, 2019
pweetychyka:

Not sure there is anything wrong with those vehicles. If you observe the attached pics, the officials present there are Custom officials n not Lastma officials. Which makes it safe to conclude that the vehicles were seized due to document issue or illegally brought in thru 1 of the land borders without proper clearance process.

#mythought

The picture OP posted is fake, it is bot the real picture of cars on auction by LASG. The picture on display is customs.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by MobilityExpress: 7:27am On Dec 02, 2019
SOFTENGR:

Have you seen the real pictures? Not the customs the op is displaying here. Rickety cars of course.

Go to LASTMA office, go to VIO yards, go to the taskforce parks etc not all cars seized there by the government are rickety. Some are very newly registered tokunbo cars, some are newly registered brand new vehicles. Why would the government waste its time to auction only rickety damaged vehicles. The fact that they want to auction means there are surely high class cars in the mix, that is the auction is just their opportunity to "steal the ownership" of those expensive cars for peanuts.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by chukel(m): 7:28am On Dec 02, 2019
pweetychyka:

#mythought
wrong. That's just random pic. The vehicles in question are old faulty vehicles abandoned by the road side which lastma officials took off the road. It has nothing to do with custom. Absolutely nothing. Caption says Lagos State government. Says abandoned vehicles not seized vehicles. No mention of custom.
Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by MobilityExpress: 7:31am On Dec 02, 2019
chukel:
wrong. That's just random pic. The vehicles in question are old faulty vehicles abandoned by the road side which lastma ofdicials6took off the road. It has nothing to do with custom. Absolutely nothing. Caption says Lagos State government. Says abandoned vehicles not seized vehicles. No mention of custom.

They are seized vehicles. Vehicles that were confiscated from their owners while driving on the road for genuine traffic violations or cooked up exaggerated violations. They are using the term abandoned because the owners left those cars there because they obviously are frustrated with going through the hellish extortion process of getting it back.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by MobilityExpress: 7:32am On Dec 02, 2019
cococandy:
Thieves .

Did they give the owners a chance to reclaim their vehicles? Nigeria is a such a disgusting jungle

Real jungle, where the government sees citizens as food to prey on and devour. Very disgusting indeed!

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by chukel(m): 7:33am On Dec 02, 2019
MobilityExpress:

They are seized vehicles. Vehicles that were confiscated from their owners while driving on the road for genuine traffic violations or cooked up exaggerated violations. They are using the term abandoned because the owners left those cars there because they obviously are frustrated with going to the hellish extortion process of getting it back.
if they seize a good vehicle, owner will not abandon it there. Period. Sometimes the charge may be more than the value of the vehicle. Owner will just abandon it. Now ask yourself what kind of car will an owner abandon at lastma office.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by MobilityExpress: 7:56am On Dec 02, 2019
chukel:
if they seize a good vehicle, owner will not abandon it there. Period. Sometimes the charge may be more than the value of the vehicle. Owner will just abandon it. Now ask yourself what kind of car will an owner abandon at lastma office.

I have seen people abandon almost near brand new cars with LASG traffic agencies. Do you know why? Because the process of getting it back is like literally going through hell to dine with the devil. It's not about money, because the owner of the car is actually very rich, but it is about pride, why will you subject him to public ridicule, harassment and humiliation because he broke a traffic law. It's not even like he killed someone. Okay someone mistakenly passed one way, maybe even did it intentionally because on the normal way the roads were car-damaging-unmotorable-deep-chasm roads (like Tradefair - Volks area) or you might be stuck in traffic for 8 hours (like Apapa), should that now be the end of the person's life? They will tell him to bring his tax papers, no tax, then he must pay 3 years tax, then pay his traffic violation fines (same offence that the federal government will fine you 3k for, LASG will fine you like 30k or more, over-inflated fines), then tell you to go for psychiatric evaluation test, then do LASTMA training in Oshodi, then must get the LASDRI, then must still bribe to hasten the process or else it will take weeks, then he must still pay 1k each to inflate the deflated tyres, then he must still go and process his gate pass clearance, and endure dealing with the most heartless people and face humiliation every step of the way. No way, some people have too much pride for that kind of bullshit. Baba will be like I'm too big man for this nonsense. Keep the fucking car, you can eat it. He has like 6 other cars waiting in the house and he can buy another one. When you are tired of keeping it and ready to just let me pay and remove my car, then call me. So the car stays there. He's not happy about it, but hey, that's his way of telling the stupid wicked government to go Bleep himself. Las las, he will make more money and buy another car. But did he allow the government to humiliate him? No. Big man levels still intact. It's not everyone that is ready to take bullshit from the government. Some rich people are like, you want to eat it, okay, go ahead, eat it and die. And they walk away from the drama. Not everyone dances to government oppression and abuse of power.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by luluosas(m): 8:12am On Dec 02, 2019
Should there ever be any curse, it will never work on the eventual buyers because they are not buying stolen goods. Take care
MobilityExpress:

You people have mind oh! So you're comfortable about buying another man's sweat and hard labor for peanuts from government using excessive force of power to abuse citizens ownership rights and commandeer their properties. See let me tell you, I pity the people that will buy those cars because the type of curses and swearing that the owners would curse on it will be following those cars everywhere. Las las most of them (if not all) will have mysterious accidents and end up either under the trailer or inside lagoon. I can never buy an auction car from the government, a car that I know was seized from civilians. It never ends well for those who buy those items. It will be another case of the FINAL DESTINATION series happening to the buyers. Tufiakwa!!!
Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by luluosas(m): 8:13am On Dec 02, 2019
Should there ever be any curse, it will never work on the eventual buyers because they are not buying stolen goods. Take care

MobilityExpress:

Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by IkemChris(m): 10:08am On Dec 02, 2019
Imagine person come buy auctioned vehicle dey drive for road the owner of the Morro come see am.....

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by Nobody: 10:48am On Dec 02, 2019
cococandy:
Thieves .

Did they give the owners a chance to reclaim their vehicles? Nigeria is a such a disgusting jungle

In all honesty, Lagos is full of abandoned vehicles. People will just park a vehicle somewhere and abandon it.

Sales of cars is also abused as walkways and sidewalks have been turned into Tokunbo car sales lots.

A person can just drive into your neighborhood or open company car park or hotel in the guise of a visit and abandon his car there.

Edit.i thought this was cars abandoned by the road. As a victim of lastma, I will say this. It is always better to settle before the car is towed to the impound.once it is in the impound the full force of lasg fines will be on you. Things which people ignore like their tax certificate will be required before they can clear their cars.
Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by foolbuster: 11:00am On Dec 02, 2019
oseiwe:
I will be in Ikorodu tomorrow morning, just to observe proceedings.

Pkease Let us know how it went.
Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by lonelydora: 11:10am On Dec 02, 2019
donprayer900:
Only them go still buy them jare

At a ridiculous price too
Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by foolbuster: 11:11am On Dec 02, 2019
MobilityExpress:

You have a point. But the owners were given 30 days to reclaim their vehicles after they must have fulfilled whatever condition required. It was anounced publicly and this is after they have abandoned them for a long time. Besides the govt can not continue to perpetually store seized vehicles, what are they gonna do with them? Give them back to their owners? Moroever they will eventually run out of space to store these vehicles. Or would you rather they set them all ablaze?
Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by SOFTENGR: 11:18am On Dec 02, 2019
MobilityExpress:

Go to LASTMA office, go to VIO yards, go to the taskforce parks etc not all cars seized there by the government are rickety. Some are very newly registered tokunbo cars, some are newly registered brand new vehicles. Why would the government waste its time to auction only rickety damaged vehicles. The fact that they want to auction means there are surely high class cars in the mix, that is the auction is just their opportunity to "steal the ownership" of those expensive cars for peanuts.
Person just lose his car jus like that? That's serious.
Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by pweetychyka(f): 11:46am On Dec 02, 2019
MobilityExpress:

The picture OP posted is fake, it is bot the real picture of cars on auction by LASG. The picture on display is customs.

Thanks for the clarification boss....

@chukel Please see quoted post! I actually replied with respect to the attached photo.
Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by calabardick(m): 12:54pm On Dec 02, 2019
jamespeter10:
The Lagos State Environmental and Special Offences (Enforcement) Unit (Taskforce) has obtained a court order authorising it to auction 108 court forfeited/abandoned vehicles to interested members of the public.

Chairman of the agency, CSP Olayinka Egbeyemi disclosed that the vehicles to be auctioned by the government include 86 court forfeited and 22 abandoned vehicles after they had been impounded by the enforcement team of the agency in different parts of the State for driving against traffic (one-way) and committing other traffic offences.

Egbeyemi also stated that the public auction is scheduled to hold on Tuesday and Wednesday, 3rd and 4th of December, 2019 at the agency’s car park, Ikorodu, Lagos.

According to him, “It was after the expiration of the 30 days public notice issued by the agency in line with the dictates of the law to all owners of the 22 abandoned vehicles to claim them that the government obtained the court order to auctioned them to interested members of the public”

“Let me commend the present administration for the on-going massive roads rehabilitation going on simultaneously across the State and to state clearly that motorists both private and commercial bus drivers should desist from driving against traffic (one-way) or causing traffic obstructions to other roads users with.”

https://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2019/12/01/court-orders-lagos-to-auction-108-forfeited-abandoned-vehicles/amp/

Are you okay? If you don't have genuine picture to back up your fake news can't you post it without a pic?

Why use NCS pics for Lagos state wahala?

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by amtosin(m): 1:33pm On Dec 02, 2019
Mad oh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by DukeNija(m): 1:40pm On Dec 02, 2019
chrisxxx:

I challenge you that your age cap is less than 20. Then permit me to educate you to be polite, civil and respectful in public domain. We are individuals with our differences both in exposures and knowledge. You may be good in management sciences while the other engineering, no one is dumb here.
Meanwhile if you are more than 20, I would advise you to sue your parents. They cheated you in your upbringing. This is negatively affecting you.

The last paragraph of your homily undermines the very essence of your message. You did exactly the same thing you crucified him for.
Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by netcross1960: 4:20pm On Dec 02, 2019
They intentionally create unbearable comeuppances in the name of Govt power and oppress,suppress,steal and deprived its own citizens hard owned property and you say no curse.

There's nothing holy about this auction,flee from this bidding and please don't be an accomplice to the sin of the Govt. For God is not partial with His dealing with men.

1 Like

Re: Lagos To Auction 108 Forfeited, Abandoned Vehicles by chrisxxx(m): 9:29pm On Dec 02, 2019
DukeNija:

The last paragraph of your homily undermines the very essence of your message. You did exactly the same thing you crucified him for.
Bros easy. It was out of annoyance. The way some persons reply opinions here is indecorum.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Saudi Women Celebrate News They Will Finally Be Allowed To Drive / The New 2019 Honda Insight Looks Just Like A Honda Accord/civic Hybrid. / Check Out This New Yamaha Three-wheeler Beast Of A Machine

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.