Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,711 members, 7,809,697 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 PM

Atiku's Questions To Gej - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku's Questions To Gej (1655 Views)

Tinubu And Atiku In Closed-Door Meeting Over Buhari’s Victory / Atiku, Kwankwaso, Others Have Abandoned Buhari, Says PDP / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atiku's Questions To Gej by silami(m): 4:56am On Nov 24, 2010
The following were questions Atiku asked GEJ:

Atiku took on Jonathan, asking rhetorically, “Why are our budgets not being implemented?  Why has the money in our Excess Crude Account disappeared at a time when oil prices have been way above the benchmark used for our budget estimates?  Why are our foreign reserves being depleted to dangerous levels leading to rating agencies downgrading our status? Why is this government quickly dragging us back to indebtedness after we worked so hard and sacrificed so much in the past to pull ourselves out of debt slavery? Clearly we need a new leadership.”

culled from www.thisdayonline.com
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by jason12345: 5:01am On Nov 24, 2010
WHY GJ? some nigerians do not have common sense! i am sure the GJ sympathiser would look for an excuse. embarassed.

NIGERIANS THINK!!!! GJ IS NOT THE MESSIAH.

Also, atiku is crap! wink

in nigeria, sentiment is placed over priorities .

i started wondering for the past few days, how can the southerners (the so called progressives) elect G based on passing on the throne ?? we should not base our progress on how things are in nigeria. instead, we should base it on how thing should be.

seriously, i am surprised that it is this same group of people that would complain about development

can't GJ supporters see that for the past 6 months -1yr (gj tenure), the country has been in anarchy . can you not see that the GUY is a pawn head, used by the SAME people who have impaired your development (since the 60s)?

its like most southerners think upside down or they are just plain stu.pid. this does not deserve super human thinking but common sense .

can they not see that GJ would rig it (although, onlytruth and co would not mind this. he has already mentioned it)? if he does, then what differentiates him from the so called OBJ AND IBB?

as i would maintain, we are not ready for change and the nigerians who live in nigeria. all i would say is that, for the next 4-8 yrs would be unbearable. it is not a curse but a fact!

i mean, 6-months of the guy's rule and the country almost went to CIVIL WAR AND LOST ALL HER FOREIGN RESERVES . HIS wife imported 3 MILLION BAGS OF RICE for campaign? because definitely no one is daf.t enough to think it is not the money of the country that is spent on campaign.

from the importation of weapons to the fake promise of constant electricity (that was used to gauge the intelligence of nigerians. pitiful) not to talk of the stampede because of rice? or should we talk about a bomb blast during our independence that killed our lovely citizens?

MY PEOPLE, do not be overly wise! use your common sense instead.

as for the people that were promised that presidency 2015 lol . think about it!
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Beaf: 5:02am On Nov 24, 2010
Beafs question to Atiku:
Sir, why are you and wife wanted by the FBI? shocked shocked shocked
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by HighChief4(m): 5:10am On Nov 24, 2010
^^^^ Is it not yet clear to Nigerians that Atiku is a thief? Someone who can barely enter USA wants to be the president
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by silami(m): 5:32am On Nov 24, 2010
Beaf:

Beafs question to Atiku:
Sir, why are you and wife wanted by the FBI? shocked shocked shocked

typical Nigerian aswering questions with another question. Where are your facts? because if it is true he is wanted by FBI he cant come to USA freely, which he does frequently. Please you can you help GEJ to answer those questions. thanks
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Blazay(m): 5:35am On Nov 24, 2010
Somebody, please pass me my "Lewinsky".

O se le!

Over to you Jonathan. Time for a show-down in the "Gulf".

We shall see who the 'illiterate' truly is. cheesy

IBB could not have done this. Glad he stepped aside.
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Osama10(m): 5:39am On Nov 24, 2010
These Northerners talking about zoning has ruled this country for almost 40yrs now.

Why not allow the other regions to rule for that same period of time then we can start this zoning thing properly.
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Beaf: 5:50am On Nov 24, 2010
silami:

typical Nigerian aswering questions with another question. Where are your facts? because if it is true he is wanted by FBI he cant come to USA freely, which he does frequently. Please you can you help GEJ to answer those questions. thanks

Are you kidding?
Perhaps, you are more in tune with beer palour news, otherwise you would have learnt how Jennifer Atiku fled the US for Dubai after hurriedly selling off their $1.7milla Potomac mansion and of course, you would have learnt how Atiku's every financial dealing is being tracked by the eagle eyes of the FBI. Above all, you would have learnt that has Atiku become a top of the agenda item for the US govt with senate probes hanging around his neck.

The FBI is waiting for the slightest opportunity to lay its long arms around Atiku. Imagine the man winning the elections, only for him to be arrested by the FBI on an airport runway, despite being the president of Nigeria. The Noriega treatment!

No way!
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by silami(m): 6:13am On Nov 24, 2010
Beaf:

Are you kidding?
Perhaps, you are more in tune with beer palour news, otherwise you would have learnt how Jennifer Atiku fled the US for Dubai after hurriedly selling off their $1.7milla Potomac mansion and of course, you would have learnt how Atiku's every financial dealing is being tracked by the eagle eyes of the FBI. Above all, you would have learnt that has Atiku become a top of the agenda item for the US govt with senate probes hanging around his neck.

The FBI is waiting for the slightest opportunity to lay its long arms around Atiku. Imagine the man winning the elections, only for him to be arrested by the FBI on an airport runway, despite being the president of Nigeria. The Noriega treatment!

No way!
And this happened when? don't tell me 2006, because that will make the most unintelligent poster of the day! for ur information, Atiku comes in and out of US 2 to 3 times a month. why do the why is he being cleared at the boarder if he is truly wanted by FBI?
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Beaf: 6:18am On Nov 24, 2010
silami:

And this happened when? don't tell me 2006, because that will make the most unintelligent poster of the day! for your information, Atiku comes in and out of US 2 to 3 times a month. why do the why is he being cleared at the boarder if he is truly wanted by FBI?

Dude, I'm talking this year. You've just confirmed the beer palour as your source of news. The day Atiku steps into the US will be the last day his family will see him for many years (maybe, like 14).
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Blazay(m): 6:38am On Nov 24, 2010
Osama10:

These Northerners talking about zoning has ruled this country for almost 40yrs now.

Why not allow the other regions to rule for that same period of time then we can start this zoning thing properly.

Sorry Military rule does not count in Nigerian democrazic history.

OBJ=10 years including with Yaradua/Jonathan.

So, Southern Nigeria has ruled for 10 years.

Time for the North to take over. Next time don't let the likes of OBJ take it all. Learn to share the loot. Next time South West 4 years. Then South South 4 years.

Go Atiku!
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by PhilMoane: 7:58am On Nov 24, 2010
silami:

The following were questions Atiku asked GEJ:

Atiku took on Jonathan, asking rhetorically, “Why are our budgets not being implemented? Why has the money in our Excess Crude Account disappeared at a time when oil prices have been way above the benchmark used for our budget estimates? Why are our foreign reserves being depleted to dangerous levels leading to rating agencies downgrading our status? Why is this government quickly dragging us back to indebtedness after we worked so hard and sacrificed so much in the past to pull ourselves out of debt slavery? Clearly we need a new leadership.”

While you seemed to have made a point, or rather Atiku.
It is far from that. The Questions above are speculations unless backed by facts and Figures.
Know that we will also search to confirm whatsoever Figure you give us.
Atiku may have said something, but can not be presumed as truth untill proven beyond doubt.
Waiting for your facts and figures.
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 24, 2010
[b]@beaf

I used to think you are one of the smartest guys on Nland, but well, no one is perfect. I just marvel at how easily an average Nigerian man can become completely imbeclic when it comes to sentiment. If you dont have answers to a direct simple question, at least, you can do something smart. Dont say nothing,
People fail alot in school because they answer incorrectly.

@jason12345

You said it nicely. You've pointed out something serious, but we shouldnt ignore somethings about GEJ.
Within some couple tumultuous months since he became president, he has been swept about by different demands, such as Electricity, security, poor standard of education, decaying infrastructures, and many more. GEJ has committed some serious blunders, yet they are sincere mistakes that prove he's the guy who wont just sit, but the president who would act, and not just fold his hands and watch! Our national problems are challenges you dont solve within months. You have your own personal issues that wont go away so soon. And looking at this man objectively, I strongly believe that GEJ's merits outweigh his failings.

- PHCN is on the verge of privatization.

- The war has been taken to the militants in the creeks, something I never envisage him doing because the hardest thing for any Nigerian to do is to declare war on his people. At least, he's shown sincere interest in tackling militancy and kidnapping.

- New varsities are been commissioned, and theres an urgent call for improvement of our educational system.

- And for once, we have a responding president, something Lagosians dont even enjoy from someone as educated as BRF (well, only during election periods). Do you know what it means, to open your facebook, and email your president, and to get your concerns noted? Not even Americans have such luxuries.

GEJ isnt perfect, but for once, we have a president who seem like someone responding. He is a rookie, and so is everyone who gets their first chance. Sentiment apart, I am writing this because I see someone who wants to sincerely deliver. I hope you can take a closer look.

@poster:

this questions are sincere, but in Public Relations, you learn about the "Message" and the "Source". The "Source" determines the integrity of the message.
That's something Atiku lacks. GEJ's contender shouldnt be some old retired geezers. Nigeria needs a fresh start.
[/b]
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by tkb417(m): 8:43am On Nov 24, 2010
Beaf:

Are you kidding?

No way!
shocked shocked shocked shocked

Atiku goes in and out of United States of America without any difficulty
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by silami(m): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2010
@yemi313 You actually spoke like an intelligent guy. my only problem is you mentioning universities being commissioned and my question is by whom, when and where? this shows how ignorant and uninformed you are confusing approval with commissioning. another irrelevant comment PHCN on the verge of privatisation! lol may God have mercy NITEL. Please never believe PDP government for you own good. GEJ is as corrupt as every other member of PDP
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Beaf: 8:53am On Nov 24, 2010
tkb417:

shocked shocked shocked shocked

Atiku goes in and out of United States of America without any difficulty

Thats a lie! Atiku cannot visit the US; the day he attempts it, he will be locked up. Where is he even gonna stay if he visits? Just a few weeks ago, he's wife Jennifer sold their $1.7million Potomac house and fled the US for Dubai. This thing was on CNN, so I don'y know where you get the fairy tale that Atiku can visit the US,

@yemi313
I'm not here to impress fools. I couldn't care less about what you think.
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Nobody: 8:55am On Nov 24, 2010
Not holding briefs for GEJ but in an election year, dont we spend more?
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Kobojunkie: 9:11am On Nov 24, 2010
yemi313:

@jason12345

You said it nicely. You've pointed out something serious, but we shouldnt ignore somethings about GEJ.
Within some couple tumultuous months since he became president, he has been swept about by different demands, such as Electricity, security, poor standard of education, decaying infrastructures, and many more. GEJ has committed some serious blunders, yet they are sincere mistakes that prove he's the guy who wont just sit, but the president who would act, and not just fold his hands and watch! Our national problems are challenges you dont solve within months. You have your own personal issues that wont go away so soon. And looking at this man objectively, I strongly believe that GEJ's merits outweigh his failings.

Oh come on now! Who is blowing hot air up our arses here now? What has GEJ actually done about electricity, security, poor standard of education, decaying infrastructure, and many more? Please no propaganda, just details.

yemi313:

- PHCN is on the verge of privatization.
Is this the first time we have been here?

yemi313:
- The war has been taken to the militants in the creeks, something I never envisage him doing because the hardest thing for any Nigerian to do is to declare war on his people. At least, he's shown sincere interest in tackling militancy and kidnapping.
What war? We are still paying the millitants off and going after those that do not receive pay, how in the world is that any different from what the last administration started last two years or so?

yemi313:

- New varsities are been commissioned, and theres an urgent call for improvement of our educational system.
Commissioned or dreamt up, with money that ought to go to seriously revamping current schools and education systems going to these elephant projects?

yemi313:
- And for once, we have a responding president, something Lagosians dont even enjoy from someone as educated as BRF (well, only during election periods). Do you know what it means, to open your facebook, and email your president, and to get your concerns noted? Not even Americans have such luxuries.
A responding president? Because he is on facebook to listen to mainly those who are all too willing to blow up his ego, that is what a responding president is? Americans do not have that luxury? ROFLMAO!!!

GOSH!!!

yemi313:
GEJ isnt perfect, but for once, we have a president who seem like someone responding. He is a rookie, and so is everyone who gets their first chance. Sentiment apart, I am writing this because I see someone who wants to sincerely deliver. I hope you can take a closer look.

What has being perfect to do with anything, the fact is you have conveniently cooked up achievements for this man that many are unaware of. Please come back with more information to support these claims. In my opinion, all you have done here is magically convert your sentimental clingings to this man into fabulous stories of his achievement. Not a single can we actually come up with solid proof of.

yemi313:
@poster:

this questions are sincere, but in Public Relations, you learn about the "Message" and the "Source". The "Source" determines the integrity of the message.
That's something Atiku lacks. GEJ's contender shouldnt be some old retired geezers. Nigeria needs a fresh start.

Actually, his contender can be an old retired geezer, one of the freedoms of democracy. My problem is why not allow your 'MASTER' answer the question, and maybe pose his since the two men are from the same party. How can you scold the @poster when you yourself have nothing to offer but sentiment-manufactured fables of your own?
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Kobojunkie: 9:13am On Nov 24, 2010
dappssee:

Not holding briefs for GEJ but in an election year, dont we spend more?

We spend more or the politicians spend more of THEIR OWN money on their campaigns? undecided
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by 1025: 9:13am On Nov 24, 2010
Beafs question to Atiku:
Sir, why are you and wife wanted by the FBI?

^^^^ Is it not yet clear to Nigerians that Atiku is a thief? Someone who can barely enter USA wants to be the president

@beaf and high chief,
is it possible that both of u do not know that if FBI is looking for anybody here, he cannot go to any piblic place talkless of contesting elections here? usa and nigeria has relationships that can warrant fbi come here and take aware anyone that is on their wanted list.
i wish to inform you also that atiku has an american university here in nigeria so i still will be happy if ur jonathan will provide answers to the questions raised by atiku.
obviously, both u and jonathan have nothing to offer outside insults.
i am from imo state and i will till tomorrow tell u that jonathan has proved that he is not that messiah we have been waiting for.
obasanjo wanted a rubber stamp to aid his continious third term agenda and in jonathan he finds that because no igboman will be that loyal to the end.
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Kobojunkie: 9:20am On Nov 24, 2010
High_Chief:

Is that even an issue here now? The point is THEY ARE ALL CORRUPT . . . even your GEJ. So there is no need to continuously engage yourselves in this "my thief is better than your thief" debates which only show you, the debaters fools in all.

FOCUS on the topic at hand . . . stop playing sides and continually making fools of yourselves . . . after all these years, one would think Nigerians would have learnt their lessons by now.
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Nobody: 9:27am On Nov 24, 2010
Beaf:

Thats a lie! Atiku cannot visit the US; the day he attempts it, he will be locked up. Where is he even gonna stay if he visits? Just a few weeks ago, he's wife Jennifer sold their $1.7million Potomac house and fled the US for Dubai. This thing was on CNN, so I don'y know where you get the fairy tale that Atiku can visit the US,

@yemi313
I'm not here to impress fools. I couldn't care less about what you think.
The last time i checked Atiku was not accused of any crime by the US government as per the jefferson case.so when was he declared persona non-grata ?
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by babytoun: 9:27am On Nov 24, 2010
jason12345:

WHY GJ? some nigerians do not have common sense! i am sure the GJ sympathiser would look for an excuse. embarassed.

NIGERIANS THINK!!!! GJ IS NOT THE MESSIAH.

Also, atiku is crap! wink

in nigeria, sentiment is placed over priorities .

i started wondering for the past few days, how can the southerners (the so called progressives) elect G based on passing on the throne ?? we should not base our progress on how things are in nigeria. instead, we should base it on how thing should be.

seriously, i am surprised that it is this same group of people that would complain about development

can't GJ supporters see that for the past 6 months -1yr (gj tenure), the country has been in anarchy . can you not see that the GUY is a pawn head, used by the SAME people who have impaired your development (since the 60s)?

its like most southerners think upside down or they are just plain stu.pid. this does not deserve super human thinking but common sense .

can they not see that GJ would rig it (although, onlytruth and co would not mind this. he has already mentioned it)? if he does, then what differentiates him from the so called OBJ AND IBB?

as i would maintain, we are not ready for change and the nigerians who live in nigeria. all i would say is that, for the next 4-8 yrs would be unbearable. it is not a curse but a fact!

i mean, 6-months of the guy's rule and the country almost went to CIVIL WAR AND LOST ALL HER FOREIGN RESERVES . HIS wife imported 3 MILLION BAGS OF RICE for campaign? because definitely no one is daf.t enough to think it is not the money of the country that is spent on campaign.

from the importation of weapons to the fake promise of constant electricity (that was used to gauge the intelligence of nigerians. pitiful) not to talk of the stampede because of rice? or should we talk about a bomb blast during our independence that killed our lovely citizens?

MY PEOPLE, do not be overly wise! use your common sense instead.

as for the people that were promised that presidency 2015 lol . think about it!

The crux of all this you long talk is simply that , whoever fails to see things your way lacks common sense. The painful part of it, is that people like you wear the progressive badge, but lack the slightest ingredent of progressiveness both in thought and conduct.

The weapons that even IRAN has agreed was shipped from their shores by a private company , is what you label fake?  someone is combing the creeks to clean out his own kinsmen who lay claim to being freedom fighters, but only use that to advance criminal course and you refuse to see that?

Nobody can win a presidential election in this country by working just with  just the "good" guys, it surely has to be a mixed bag, but based on the phylosophy of the office holder, he is expected to consolidate and systematically weed out people over time.

This is the first time in the history of this country, that a president  will open channels like facebook to gauge public thought instead of the usual cordon that totally alienates public input in governance.

I want you to please name your candidate of choice and lets evaluate what he brings to the table. I will refrain from calling you names but puleeeeeaaaaassse dont try to tell us how to think.
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Beaf: 9:30am On Nov 24, 2010
1025:

@beaf and high chief,
is it possible that both of u do not know that if FBI is looking for anybody here, he cannot go to any piblic place talkless of contesting elections here? usa and nigeria has relationships that can warrant fbi come here and take aware anyone that is on their wanted list.
i wish to inform you also that atiku has an american university here in nigeria so i still will be happy if your jonathan will provide answers to the questions raised by atiku.

obviously, both u and jonathan have nothing to offer outside insults.
i am from imo state and i will till tomorrow tell u that jonathan has proved that he is not that messiah we have been waiting for.
obasanjo wanted a rubber stamp to aid his continious third term agenda and in jonathan he finds that because no igboman will be that loyal to the end.  

Dude, I am not in charge of US policy.
The US senate saw it fit to investigate Atiku, the FBI too has seen it fit to investigate Atiku; Atiku's wife, Jennifer hastily sold up their Potomac house and fled to Dubai.
If the above doesn't ring several bells to you, nothing will.

Its so funny that Atiku too can ask questions. He has no right to.
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Kobojunkie: 9:33am On Nov 24, 2010
babytoun:

someone is combing the creeks to clean out his own kinsmen who lay claim to being freedom fighters, but only use that to advance criminal course and you refuse to see that?

Educate yourselves, my people!!

Who exactly is the person you confirm here is combing the creeks to clean out his own kinsmen? Are you sure you are aware of what is really going on or you just jumped to this conclusion after reading some sensationalist report out there?

babytoun:

Nobody can win a presidential election in this country by working just with  just the "good" guys, it surely has to be a mixed bag, but based on the phylosophy of the office holder, he is expected to consolidate and systematically weed out people over time.
WOW!!! Nobody? Not even in Nigeria? You mean Yar adua won by doing exactly what you claim above? shocked

babytoun:

This is the first time in the history of this country, that a president  will open channels like facebook to gauge public thought instead of the usual cordon that totally alienates public input in governance.

Guage the public thought? hhmm . . . so how far has the "publics thought" changed things for the public? Let me guess, he "listens", that is all that matters?
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Nobody: 9:38am On Nov 24, 2010
@Kobojunkie

Your very good. Though you gotta admit, Rome wasnt built in a year. And it wasnt built by a saint.
And the US didnt get to where it was in 9 months.
You can go on and argue about how Obama changed the US economy with the snap of his finger and with his eloquent sophistries, No, it didnt happen right away,
Anyways, I love every Nigerian who wants progress but you seem to desire a miracle, and that wont happen either.
Go on, hate me for been hopeful.
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by babytoun: 9:42am On Nov 24, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Educate yourselves, my people!!

Who exactly is the person you confirm here is combing the creeks to clean out his own kinsmen? Are you sure you are aware of what is really going on or you just jumped to this conclusion after reading some sensationalist report out there?

My sister, instead of setting an "exam" for me with these your questions , why not state the side of the story you know(or feel). I am ready to learn.

Kobojunkie:

WOW!!! Nobody? Not even in Nigeria? You mean Yar adua won by doing exactly what you claim above? shocked

Yes i repeat nobody, even at the governorship level. just name one candidate you feel won any governorship/presidential election with only the "good" guys.

Kobojunkie:

Guage the public thought? hhmm . . . so how far has the "publics thought" changed things for the public? Let me guess, he "listens", that is all that matters?

And your point is?
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Kobojunkie: 9:47am On Nov 24, 2010
yemi313:

@Kobojunkie

Your very good. Though you gotta admit, Rome wasnt built in a year. And it wasnt built by a saint.
And the US didnt get to where it was in 9 months.
You mean this is the bogus excuse you give yourself so you can support these croonies one more time, and you can get yourself a good night's rest each day? What has rome or the US to do with this? In less than a year, our savings have been seriously depleted and we have nothing to show for it. We are speaking here of an administration that came in telling us it seeks to continue where the other ended and you are telling me some fable about how in your mind, all that time comes to just 9 months for you?  Even the current year's budget has yet to be used to achieve nothing( we are talking billions of naira) and you offer me the lame old "rome was not built in a day" excuse?

UNBEWEAVBLE!!

yemi313:
You can go on and argue about how Obama changed the US economy with the snap of his finger and with his eloquent sophistries, No, it didnt happen right away,
Anyways, I love every Nigerian who wants progress but you seem to desire a miracle, and that wont happen either.
Go on, hate me for been hopeful.

You know what I hate? I hate engaging people who, when they have nothing to say, start deperately to connect the disconnected thinking it somehow helps their case, rather than showing them as airheads who are probably no different from the airheads they believe they stand up against.

What has Obama and America to do with the Nigerian issue? What similarities even exist in these cases? That man has achieved far more in just two years, than your loverboy GEJ can claim in his lifetime(in addition to his time as politician in Nigeria), and you think you make sense by throwing that in for laughs or whatever?

To hate you? tell you that you are wrong and not making sense by presenting fluff as facts is hating you? No! I would rather see you get better understanding of what is happening around you so you can better make decisions for YOUR LIFE (note: not gej or his croonies) , and that of your Children and children's children because I believe the minute we start caring more about these things, the sooner we start voting the right people in for our good.
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Kobojunkie: 9:58am On Nov 24, 2010
babytoun:

My sister, instead of setting an "exam" for me with these your questions , why not state the side of the story you know(or feel). I am ready to learn.
We both have access to the same information. It only takes you reading them to understand how wrong that statement really is. Or are you telling me I need to read it for you?

babytoun:

Yes i repeat nobody, even at the governorship level. just name one candidate you feel won any governorship/presidential election with only the "good" guys.
Yar adua . . . A virtual unknown became president, not because people knew him but mainly because the "good guys" helped him win it.

Also, usually, you get elected by the "good guys",and not by those who hate your guts or do not like you, or see through the lies. So, I am not sure what you are getting at there or where you are going with that.

babytoun:

And your point is?

You all keep claiming the man continues to guage public thought . . . and I wonder what that even means since

a) a vast majority of the comments on his facebook page are from people singing his praises. Not a lot of counter arguments on there

b) a large percentage of Nigerians, especially the poor who make up up to 75% of our population and probably know where it stings the most still have no access to their president, let alone their government.

c) Guaging public thought would imply these thoughts are used to improve on the situation . . so far, there has been little in that area . .

d) The government ought to be open to the people by providing free access to itself and it's works, but it turns out that instead to access our government, we have to SIGN ON to a site where if you do not say the right things, you will be blocked from future contributions. Is that really what you feel government communication ought to be about?
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by playmode(m): 10:12am On Nov 24, 2010
IT spells doom for Nigerians when the only two candidates we are debating about is Jonathan and Atiku. In my books these two are not even fit to run a farm talk less of a village not to mention a country. Is this the level we have sank to? Someone here said beaf is an intelligent guy,i beg to defer. Being able to speak "big grammar" does not make you intelligent. Beaf is asking Atiku why he and his wife is wanted by the FBI, Beaf have you asked your mentor and Demi GOD Jonathan why his wife is still not in jail for the money that was confiscated from her at the Airport a few years ago. This is the case of the kettle calling the pot black.

I am not interested in the 2011 elections because none of the candidates who have made themselves available can match my IQ and none of them can face me in a debate. Beaf and the rest of you who are supporting any one of these two bozos should remember that we are destroying the future of our kids if we vote for any of these clowns. What we should be doing is organizing rallies and asking Nigerians to boycott the elections until a credible candidate with no previous political appointment or baggage has made himself available. I would have made myself available but i am still under 40 and if i am not mistaken under 40s can't be president of Nigeria.

If some of you have noticed i have been a member of nairaland for a while but i have only made 113 posts,that is because i have discovered that about 90% of the people who comment in the political section are morons who do not have the best interest of Nigerians at heart. We are backward as a nation not because of our leaders but mostly because of our people. You and i can make a difference but Nigerians are never honest. They rather dine with the fat cats to pay their bills while their fellow man suffers. Jonathan and Atiku has nothing to offer. If i were to face them in an open debate i will EASILY and i mean EASILY tear them to shreds. None of them can formulate intelligent policies to move Nigeria forward. They are concerned about how many secret oil rigs they can own and how much they can make from bogus contracts.

My other prayer is for what happened in Ghana to happen in Nigeria. Imagine waking up one morning and these idiots are dead. What a relief real honest Nigerians will feel.
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Nobody: 10:12am On Nov 24, 2010
@ kobo something
you talk too much yada yada yada yada
what a whine!!!!!!
haba!!!!!!
Re: Atiku's Questions To Gej by Nobody: 10:19am On Nov 24, 2010
@kobo

big sigh! you seem to know the length and breath of our dilemma. yet your alarmist views are exaggerated. very.
GEJ was sworn in to run a country tittering at the point of self-destruction, and diffusing our time-bomb of a country isnt something Obama can accomplish within 10 years if given the chance. Even BRF is been attacked viciously and been labeled failure, and let me make something clear; no matter how much debt we incur, our debts can never rival the debt of your host country; and they've built something enviable through debts.
Your been a super-skeptic and a core anti-GEJ is noted. But your anger is been targeted at the only person who seems different since the past 12 years of democracy, and the past 50 years of our existence.

I like you. And I think you should come run for some govt office down here. I wont mind voting a Utopian. Take it easy my dear, dont want you developing heart problems like I did for Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is It Ok For Pastors To Have Bodyguards With Guns ? / Jonathan Names 8 New Inec Recs, 5 Icpc Members / Tribalism The Bane Of Nairaland Political Section!!" Give Peace A Chance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.