Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,919 members, 7,838,285 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect (54396 Views)

Messi's Wife Comments On Ronaldo's Hat-trick With Photo Of Her Sons / Kylian Mbappe, Harry Kane, Luka Modric, Thibaut Courtois Win FIFA Player Awards / Liverpool V Roma Preview: Klopp Urges Liverpool Fans To 'show Respect' To Roma (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by paradigmshift(m): 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2019
KanuSE:

Fixed grin

We already know..
Keep editing.
U go cry tire..
E pain dem
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by lexy2014: 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2019
Mrpsly247:

Exactly Ronaldo inspires competition ... All the players in serie A are stepping up.. Messi inspires awe people admire him

Which "all d players in series A are stepping up"? D inspiration should have started in juventus
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by paradigmshift(m): 6:11pm On Dec 03, 2019
J2381:
funny say brain dey far from you.

Eya...
Ntorrrr
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by mechanics(m): 6:19pm On Dec 03, 2019
Davash222:
Coming or not coming doesn't mean anything. Hand over the trophy to Messi and shut up!!!
hahahaha, don't mind him.
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by maigemuu: 6:25pm On Dec 03, 2019
wwwihy:

G. Greatest
O. Of
A. All
T. Time

Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you.
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by Lugianostar(m): 6:40pm On Dec 03, 2019
Modric is not making any point here!!!
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by Emma1Oj(m): 6:50pm On Dec 03, 2019
y shld he attend when he already kns the system has been politicised... what did messi did or do to deserved that award.

I like Ronaldo way jor, he no send them
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by wrose(m): 7:04pm On Dec 03, 2019
saintokwuluora:
Why must Cristiano Ronaldo attend even if he didn't win? Because this is football, he has to show respect. That means every professional footballer has to attend because it is football, all have to show respect. Modric just acknowledged that without Cristiano Ronaldo football is not complete.
Witty. I am not saying this because I m a fan of Ronaldo. In fact, I don't watch football at all
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by Minjim: 7:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
anigbajumo:

Definitely u are smoking fermented weed,tell me how Ronaldo pass messi for club career and national team??

Rude fellow,
How may club as Messi played for?
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by FamousMonk: 7:13pm On Dec 03, 2019
OGHENAOGIE:
if modric can win then why can't van dijk who was the best defender and had great impact for club and country...
Because Messi has a better stat...
Bring Van Dijk's stat for last season let's compare it with this..

Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by AuwalYusuf812(m): 7:19pm On Dec 03, 2019
he have the mind to talk that trash because CR7 is not his team mate again.........how that one take concern Modric self.
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by calculator123(m): 7:28pm On Dec 03, 2019
mdchikezie:

my dear complete zero sense. i wonder how idiots are allowed in this page. i read and read again no single atom of sensibility
The clown is just pained.
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by calculator123(m): 7:30pm On Dec 03, 2019
Toni19:
Liar... Ronaldo was at another event for best seria A player of the year award... U people will kill yourself over nothing.. Nothing.

You do not get it, do you?
Ronaldo wasn't even deserving of that award.
He was neither the top scorer nor best playmaker in Seria A, what did he do specially to merit the award?
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by calculator123(m): 7:31pm On Dec 03, 2019
useurkidney3121:

U can go and kill urself for that. He doesn't even know that one maggot exist in one third world country
I'm a maggot yet you mentioned me.
So much for your stupidity.
Your tears are sweet, wail on
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by calculator123(m): 7:34pm On Dec 03, 2019
Promzyunique:

And why was the most humble Messi not available last year ...modric won
Because he wasn't in Top 3. Only people in top 3 who have more chances of winning the award should attend. Unfortunately, Ronaldo is too egoistic to see things reasonably..
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by maiquel: 7:36pm On Dec 03, 2019
I'll pick Leo any time, any day over CR7, however I don't see why it is a problem that CR7 didn't show up for the ceremony, he was receiving an award for hard work at the other end... Its not even a choice no matter how prestigious the Ballon Dor is, its only sensible that you attend where you are most appreciated...
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by calculator123(m): 7:41pm On Dec 03, 2019
owowa145:

Alaye, kip quiet, Messi wasnt there last year as well. undecided
How can you expect someone who isn't in Top 5 to attend a ceremony we all know he isn't winning but Ronaldo was in top 3 and still has a chance, why the hell did he not attend?
Oh I forgot, he attended an arrangee Seria A award ceremony, an award he doesn't even merit..
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by calculator123(m): 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2019
uzoma213:
allow others enjoy the spotlight? Even your most glorified humble man admitted that he was hurt when Ronaldo won his fifth ballon dor, that he enjoyed being the only one with five. You crucify Ronaldo for ignoring a ceremony where he wasn't going to win anything, when there was another ceremony holding somewhere where there was a sure trophy for him.. please leave my Ronaldo alone.
Messi was just being brutally honest, something your Ronaldo would never do.
How on Earth did he know he wasn't going to win anything?
I thought he made top 3 thus making a top contender for the award..
The said Award he won sef wasn't on merit. What did he do specially to deserve that award, I await your reply
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by Monday60655(m): 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2019
True talk. That's why Rinaldo and his frustrated fans refused to grow reasonably
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by calculator123(m): 7:46pm On Dec 03, 2019
Minjim:

Why was Measi absent last year?
He didn't make top 3, probability of winning is zero. But Ronaldo made top 3 and it was still probable he clinched the title..
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by calculator123(m): 7:47pm On Dec 03, 2019
omoiyamayor:
what happen to him winning best Italy player same night,was he suppose to split into two
If it was certain he would be winning the Balon Dor, would he still have stabbed the event?
Please be truthful
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by emzynuel1: 7:55pm On Dec 03, 2019
aswear Ronaldo lack am
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by Josh44s(m): 7:56pm On Dec 03, 2019
justmykel:

Lol.... Is your wife a pastor? If not, she is leading you o
Just kidding!!!

You gat me laughing. My wife is an atheist
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by justmykel(m): 8:01pm On Dec 03, 2019
Josh44s:

You gat me laughing. My wife is an atheist
Ye! Athe what? Those people exist for real!
Na wa o
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by profilemessages: 8:02pm On Dec 03, 2019
there is no wrong or right attitude anymore, just do you and move on, sometimes if you slap referee, everybody will hail you!!!

zidane missed ballon d or because he headbutted,

didier drogba was suspended by f a because he threw coin at fans while at Chelsea,

Suarez was given eight match ban at Liverpool because he bite Ivanovic,

football is a game of time, play along with the times!!!
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by mystical109(m): 8:03pm On Dec 03, 2019
Josh44s:

Spot on. I don’t just know why people keep on comparing both players. Severally both have won Best player of the year so that makes both of em equal. Had it been only one person won all during their era then I will say this one is better than that one. Its just plan truth. Both players are the best in the world. Both player Carried 1st. I had this kind of rival in my primary school days, it got to a point the school gave both of us 1st because it’s either I am 1st and she is second or she is 1st and I am second for good 5 consecutive years on a role. The 6 years we both attained 1st position and to add more salt to injury she was my secret crush. Today she is married to a pastor with 3 kids. I am married with 3 kids as well cheesy
two footballers can never be equal. You know the truth but you don't want to say it. A Messi fan can never say he is equal to Ronaldo but your inferiority complex has made u say they are equal just because u can't say Messi is better

1 Like

Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by Minjim: 8:17pm On Dec 03, 2019
calculator123:

He didn't make top 3, probability of winning is zero. But Ronaldo made top 3 and it was still probable he clinched the title..
So you're saying only those with the possibility of winning should attend, right?
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by calculator123(m): 8:19pm On Dec 03, 2019
Minjim:

So you're saying only those with the possibility of winning should attend, right?
Exactly!
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by Minjim: 8:22pm On Dec 03, 2019
calculator123:

Exactly!
Well, even I, a Ronaldo fan knows he can't win. Everyone knows he can't win this year.
So, why should he attend?
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by calculator123(m): 8:30pm On Dec 03, 2019
Minjim:

Rude fellow,
How may club as Messi played for?

Playing for one or 10Billion club isn't be a metric to measure footballing greatness.

It's not like Messi has been playing with same set of players since 2006, he has played with the good, bad and ugliest of players yet he still produces an enviable season's result.

Do you think if Ronaldo starter his career at Madrid, he would still be jumping up and down like a nomad?

A careful look at Ronaldo career and one would notice he had a step up every time till his latest move to Juventus.

Manchester United are a bigger club than sporting Lisbon. Real Madrid are arguably a bigger club than Manchester United too.

If he wanted to prove his greatness, tell him to transfer to Palermo and win the Seria A with them, then I will start taking his "I conquered every league I player in" rant serious. You can't continue to play for the best club in every league you entered and be claiming Mr challenge..

There's a reason Sir Alex Ferguson, John Terry, Steven Gerard, Franchesco Totti are regarded as legends by their clubs and in the footballing world in general.
When you figure out why, you would see clearly why this your argument is baseless, useless and holds not iota of sense.
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by calculator123(m): 8:32pm On Dec 03, 2019
Minjim:

Well, even I, a Ronaldo fan knows he can't win. Everyone knows he can't win this year.
So, why should he attend?
How did you know he wasn't going to win?
Stats?
Trophies?
What was your metric for your conclusion?
Re: Modric On Ronaldo Absence: When You Don't Win, You Have To Come To Show Respect by calculator123(m): 8:35pm On Dec 03, 2019
Lugianostar:
Modric is not making any point here!!!
You won't see the point because you don't have number 6, oh I forgot Messi is the one with number 6.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Fans Blast Messi Over Barcelona's Copa del Rey Exit / Levante Signs Moses Simon, Unveils Him In Spain (photos) / Peter Okoye: Mr P Performs At Dallaji And Oshoala Sports Event

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.