Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,090 members, 7,835,664 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:11 PM

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia - Education (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (320096 Views)

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (98) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by EdoBoy90(m): 1:45pm On Jun 14, 2020
Ignore anything that is not from PTDF - said my source...
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by shakaz(m): 2:14pm On Jun 14, 2020
EdoBoy90:
Is your source from PTDF? grin

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by EdoBoy90(m): 2:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
shakaz:
Is your source from PTDF? grin
I don't know Sir.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 3:46pm On Jun 14, 2020
EdoBoy90:
abegi... that's what they've been telling LSS scholars....
I just submitted my application for admission today. Hope dey by God's grace. If not now? when?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Abokii8(m): 4:33pm On Jun 14, 2020
Keep calm guys, the list will come out when you least expected...and no advance warning
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Abokii8(m): 4:35pm On Jun 14, 2020
If they're to send MSc scholars at all this year, then they must release the MSc list latest by the end of June or early July.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by 29Ade07: 6:21pm On Jun 14, 2020
emeritus007:

abegi... that's what they've been telling LSS scholars....
I just submitted my application for admission today. Hope dey by God's grace. If not now? when?
Germany I guess. Are they still accepting applications?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 7:43pm On Jun 14, 2020
Abokii8:
If they're to send MSc scholars at all this year, then they must release the MSc list latest by the end of June or early July.
I feel it should be out this June. scholars going to Germany will do some processings with DAAD. The list release is already getting late sef.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by EdoBoy90(m): 8:50pm On Jun 14, 2020
emeritus007:

I feel it should be out this June. scholars going to Germany will do some processings with DAAD. The list release is already getting late sef.

Everyone can't go this year. Even some UK or European Schools have posted this academic year to next year which is 2021/2022.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 9:34pm On Jun 14, 2020
EdoBoy90:

Everyone can't go this year. Even some UK or European Schools have posted this academic year to next year which is 2021/2022.
Yes!
but must you go to any of those schools? if one really wants to start this year, he/she should apply to schools that will hold programmes this session. some have the plan for 14days isolation for international students on arrival. Do we even know when the pandemic will end... na this session sure pass o

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by EdoBoy90(m): 9:51pm On Jun 14, 2020
emeritus007:

Yes!
but must you go to any of those schools? if one really wants to start this year, he/she should apply to schools that will hold programmes this session. some have the plan for 14days isolation for international students on arrival. Do we even know when the pandemic will end... na this session sure pass o

Some can still start February, 2021.

In fact, many schools are beginning to wave TOEFL and IELTS. I think there are going to be a lot of opportunities in abroad. one of the reasons I want to leave this country by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by mrphysics(m): 7:34am On Jun 15, 2020
I don't want to criticize or rant but I think an agency like PTDF should have done better with communication and information management. Even little restaurants here update their websites with details about their current business process.

They is no excuse on why 3 months into the pandemic, a decision is yet to be reached or even an information published on their website on the current status of their key functions. European schools, institutions that PTDF is far bigger than send out emails, update their websites with latest information on weekly basis.

Aside that, I think everything is coming back to normal in Europe, the border to non-Schengen region will open in July 1st, also, for France, the president has announced that all schools except high schools can open from June 21st. For now guys, I think everything is green. What is left is the support to pursue our academic ambition in Europe. I pray it comes faster than we expect and in our favour.

7 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by na2016: 9:26am On Jun 15, 2020
mrphysics:
I don't want to criticize or rant but I think an agency like PTDF should have done better with communication and information management. Even little restaurants here update their websites with details about their current business process.

They is no excuse on why 3 months into the pandemic, a decision is yet to be reached or even an information published on their website on the current status of their key functions. European schools, institutions that PTDF is far bigger than send out emails, update their websites with latest information on weekly basis.

Aside that, I think everything is coming back to normal in Europe, the border to non-Schengen region will open in July 1st, also, for France, the president has announced that all schools except high schools can open from June 21st. For now guys, I think everything is green. What is left is the support to pursue our academic ambition in Europe. I pray it comes faster than we expect and in our favour.

if they conclude it now, who will allow you into those countries? And do you think everyone has been interviewed yet? Why not put your safety first?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by jlomz: 9:41am On Jun 15, 2020
na2016:

if they conclude it now, who will allow you into those countries? And do you think everyone has been interviewed yet? Why not put your safety first?
How did you read his comment? Guess you didn't understand it before you commented.
When he talked about borders for Schengen countries, doesn't it tell you life is returning back to normal in those countries. Seems you don't know that Education is a source of revenue for those European countries.
Truth be told sha, PTDF should have done better, but I believe the issue has to be that it's because it's under the Nigerian government and we understand how Nigerian processes are.
If not what's the difference between PTDF, Total and even Shell. Total has completed theirs even with the pandemic, Shell is proceeding with interviews via the internet (online/virtual/zoom).
Why not PTDF, I guess it's simply government factor.

4 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Sam3263: 10:25am On Jun 15, 2020
Ok
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by 29Ade07: 10:42am On Jun 15, 2020
If the Federal Government fails to lift interstate travel ban by the 21st of June, then, PTDF should have no choice but to proceed with online interview.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by na2016: 12:35pm On Jun 15, 2020
jlomz:

How did you read his comment? Guess you didn't understand it before you commented.
When he talked about borders for Schengen countries, doesn't it tell you life is returning back to normal in those countries. Seems you don't know that Education is a source of revenue for those European countries.
Truth be told sha, PTDF should have done better, but I believe the issue has to be that it's because it's under the Nigerian government and we understand how Nigerian processes are.
If not what's the difference between PTDF, Total and even Shell. Total has completed theirs even with the pandemic, Shell is proceeding with interviews via the internet (online/virtual/zoom).

go and read my message again
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by jlomz: 6:10pm On Jun 15, 2020
na2016:

go and read my message again

Read ke, for wetin?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by na2016: 7:05pm On Jun 15, 2020
jlomz:

Read ke, for wetin?

Read and understand and then know that you dont come online to talk as you wish. SHELL, Exxon etc are not PTDF
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Abokii8(m): 7:29pm On Jun 15, 2020
na2016:

Nobody is saying that he/she must go this year. Candidates just want to know their fate.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Newcastle2023(m): 7:51pm On Jun 15, 2020
Okay
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by EdoBoy90(m): 7:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
mrphysics:

PTDF said that the scholarship is on suspension till further notice and that information would be communicated to applicants via their website. So, allow PTDF to do things in its own way.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by mrphysics(m): 7:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
na2016:

I didn't want to respond to you but seeing your comments above, I think my response to this is necessary.

Every organization that is doing business was affected by Covid-19 and it changed the way the do things. This is a forgone conclusion. But the question is, how did these organizations, governments and institutions handle this change in their business process and also the people they serve? You guessed right, but constant communication.

It's it shocking to you that there isn't any info on PTDF website about Covid-19 and how the agency is trying to adapt to this change? How happy are you that people are kept in dark and some seemingly ins.ane people utilize the opportunity to spread rumor, false dates, and assumptions?

It's understandable that we are in a system that offers us the lowest level of service delivery and satisfaction, however, there's a standard way things are done. A lot also is expected from top agencies such as PTDF. This is fuvking 3 months with no single info regarding their core functions.

Even the list of shops here in Europe is constantly updating their customers or people they serve on how their business processes are changing.
Are admissions not given? Will people not resume next section?

Whatever decision they take is understandable but don't keep people in dark.

Why are we this comfortable to this kind of service delivery?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by EdoBoy90(m): 7:58pm On Jun 15, 2020
jlomz:

Shell or Total is not PTDF. PTDF successful applicants each year for the scholarship are more than these two you mentioned so they aren't the same. last year Total only gave 10 persons scholarship.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by mrphysics(m): 8:03pm On Jun 15, 2020
EdoBoy90:

PTDF said that the scholarship is on suspension till further notice and that information would be communicated to applicants via their website. So, allow PTDF to do things in its own way.

I don't want to argue this further, but the suspension till further notice is a usual/normal vernacular often used in Nigeria to mean nothing. To me, it's an ambiguous statement.

It is important I reiterate for the umpteenth time that I am more concerned about communication. And whatever till further notice means should be clarified so that the interested candidate will be duly informed.

Only if you know that it's easier to get the scholarship than the other events post successful scholarship.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by EdoBoy90(m): 8:09pm On Jun 15, 2020
mrphysics:

I don't want to argue this further, but the suspension till further notice is a usual/normal vernacular often used in Nigeria to mean nothing. To me, it's an ambiguous statement.

It is important I reiterate for the umpteenth time that I am more concerned about communication. And whatever till further notice means should be clarified so that the interested candidate will be duly informed.

Only if you know that it's easier to get the scholarship than the other events post successful scholarship.

If Mr. President approves, the scholarship will still go on as usual. Although, things might be delayed due to the pandemic. Many will not make it this year to Europe and Asia besides some schools have postponed this year session to next year due to the pandemic.

just wait for PTDF...
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 8:45pm On Jun 15, 2020
Communication is key. look at how they abandoned LSS scholars before eventually contacting them recently. Nitda is behaving in similar fashion.
During the interviews, ptdf said they were going to make arrangements for the safety of their scholars if the pandemic stretches.
I know of a UK school whose last coronavirus update was on the 12th of June. They plan to hold the program in small units for laboratories and some classes, virtual for others... students will be provided with washable face coverings. Resumption for international students will be in Oct, Nov and Jan depending on the programme. Isolation from September, on arrival and they're informing you now. They concluded by saying that they'll keep adding updates and that the admission committee is working from home and doing it's best.
As an applicant, after reading such updates and knowing the plans ahead you'll feel happy and plan with direction.
The schools who won't accept students for this session are informing such students as soon as they are offered admission. At least you are not left in the dark.
In this case, our people are saying the process has been suspended indefinitely. Is June not already long enough to tell applicants what they should be expecting? Will there still be sponsorship this year? candidates, get admission and wait for feedback from us... nothing nothing. Las Las it is not covid that'll stop some from traveling, maybe admission issues. Don't forget they have contacts in those approved Unis. Haba Wetin sef. This is how things are run in Nigeria and some directionless citizens begin to make excuses for them.

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by na2016: 8:57pm On Jun 15, 2020
mrphysics:

I didn't want to respond to you but seeing your comments above, I think my response to this is necessary.

Every organization that is doing business was affected by Covid-19 and it changed the way the do things. This is a forgone conclusion. But the question is, how did these organizations, governments and institutions handle this change in their business process and also the people they serve? You guessed right, but constant communication.

It's it shocking to you that there isn't any info on PTDF website about Covid-19 and how the agency is trying to adapt to this change? How happy are you that people are kept in dark and some seemingly ins.ane people utilize the opportunity to spread rumor, false dates, and assumptions?

It's understandable that we are in a system that offers us the lowest level of service delivery and satisfaction, however, there's a standard way things are done. A lot also is expected from top agencies such as PTDF. This is fuvking 3 months with no single info regarding their core functions.

Even the list of shops here in Europe is constantly updating their customers or people they serve on how their business processes are changing.
Are admissions not given? Will people not resume next section?

Whatever decision they take is understandable but don't keep people in dark.

Why are we this comfortable to this kind of service delivery?

Guys, calm down. Everything is affected by COVID-19. Most Universities in Europe have not resumed. Calm down!
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by FatimaMK: 9:55pm On Jun 15, 2020
Nobody is doubting the fact that Coronavirus affected everything. What people are complaining is the communication gap between PTDF and the applicants. People are eager to know their stand, those that are successful should start planning toward their resumption and the unsuccessful ones should move ahead.
I believe if we can channel our complains to their Twitter handle they will do something.
na2016:

Guys, calm down. Everything is affected by COVID-19. Most Universities in Europe have not resumed. Calm down!

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Mammy33: 12:27am On Jun 16, 2020
kolladey:
Good afternoon guys.
Update from my contact person about the meeting held.
PTDF agreed at the meeting to proceed with the scholarship this year but they will have to get approval from the presidency.
Letter for the approval was sent yesterday.
how about the approval bro? anything from ur source?

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by 29Ade07: 9:57am On Jun 16, 2020
EdoBoy90:
Maybe, I am missing something.
Has PTDF released any official information since March 22?
What is the motivation to ignoring anything not from PTDF?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kanuchibuezeo: 2:16pm On Jun 16, 2020
...any updates for today?

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (98) (Reply)

University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread / Thread For PHD Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.