Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,976 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 08:07 PM

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia - Education (66) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (321300 Views)

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (98) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by HARYOMIDE1994: 2:33pm On Jun 16, 2020
They should just announce the winners. This suspense is too much abeg!
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by muhds1: 3:26pm On Jun 16, 2020
I think it's time we make a concerted effort and flood their social media handles with enquiries to know what's going on .

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kanuchibuezeo: 9:10pm On Jun 16, 2020
It might be published tonight.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by ExpertNLer: 10:13pm On Jun 16, 2020
source?
kanuchibuezeo:
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 10:35pm On Jun 16, 2020
Okay sir....
kanuchibuezeo:
...any updates for today?
kanuchibuezeo:

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Sammygist: 10:43pm On Jun 16, 2020
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by mrphysics(m): 10:53am On Jun 17, 2020
It's been confirmed by Campus France, from July 1st, international students will be allowed into the Schengen region and the European Zone. Visa processing of students travel documents will be prioritized by Campus France.

https://www.campusfrance.org/en/french-borders-to-reopen-gradually-for-international-students-from-july-1st

4 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by 29Ade07: 11:19am On Jun 17, 2020
mrphysics:
It's been confirmed by Campus France, from July 1st, international students will be allowed into the Schengen region and the European Zone. Visa processing of students travel documents will be prioritized by Campus France.

https://www.campusfrance.org/en/french-borders-to-reopen-gradually-for-international-students-from-july-1st

Thanks Mr Physics for the update. This is a good development particularly for intending scholars wanting to study in France. We will hear good report from PTDF too very soon.

4 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 12:34pm On Jun 18, 2020
Good news for France scholars.

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Mammy33: 4:17pm On Jun 18, 2020
emeritus007:
Good news for France scholars.
wow! Indeed a gud news to intending France scolars. I pray ptdf gets back to us as soon as possible. Time is not by our side.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by dharmhie(m): 9:55am On Jun 19, 2020
Please is there anybody who has made application to UTP? I need to confirm something from you. Thanks
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Pogba12: 5:54pm On Jun 19, 2020
Sufisunni:
Could you please stop this nonsense? You did samething weeks back. Why can't you be matured at least for once! Haba!!

ban me from the forum. nonsense!
anyway check your mail now.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by esmarcq(m): 2:51pm On Jun 20, 2020
Bookmarking
Eniolakiite:
Someone might learn a thing or two smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z7_VBCxw7Q0&t=763s
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kanuchibuezeo: 7:43am On Jun 21, 2020
...If there is no news this week, there is no scholarship this year.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by EdoBoy90(m): 8:22am On Jun 21, 2020
kanuchibuezeo:

This scholarship is still on suspension till further notice due to Covid-19 pandemic.

So far, I think everything will be next year...

4 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 10:55am On Jun 21, 2020
They should just tell us. we'll understand and move on. this suspense isn't healthy.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by 29Ade07: 12:39pm On Jun 21, 2020
kanuchibuezeo:
Who told you that and how did you arrive at these hypothesis? The results for 2016 or so was not released until September? A lot can still be done this year.People should just ensure that they are ready with necessary documentations

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by 29Ade07: 12:41pm On Jun 21, 2020
EdoBoy90:

This scholarship is still on suspension till further notice due to Covid-19 pandemic.

So far, I think everything will be next year...
Suspension till further notice does not necessarily mean next year. These are two different things that are not in anyway related.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Mammy33: 1:34pm On Jun 21, 2020
29Ade07:

Suspension till further notice does not necessarily mean next year. These are two different things that are not in anyway related.
exactly my thoughts. Please those that have sources in ptdf should come out and update us on any progress made. Kolladey�� and d rest we are waiting.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Nobody: 1:45pm On Jun 21, 2020
The reason why there will be most likely be suspension for those going to UK or other institutions that PTDF will pay is value of money.

How can you pay 20,000 to 35000 pounds fees in without going to the field and practical work. That is insane. You can always get same quality in any online course. The main reason PTDF spnsors scholars is to obtain practical expertise and exposure to give back to Nigeria. So dont blame PTDF. How can you go abroad and live in lockdown. Many student and sponsors have also deferred.

PTDF sponsors hundreds for scholarship every year unlike Mobil, Total or NLNG which sponsor maximum of 10 people in a year or every other year. So dont even compare at all.

Those who chose Germany and France in which PTDF wont pay school fees have a chance to be called.

4 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Mammy33: 2:03pm On Jun 21, 2020
Some one here said they ptdf agreed to continue the process at their last meeting but they have to seek for approval from the presidency before they proceed. Some one also said they may conduct PhD interview via zoom. I hope they get back to us soon. Time is not by our side. We all need to know our stand. For me, instead of them to conduct interviews via zoom,they could have just choosen the winners by going through there application (statement of purpose and all dat..).after publishing the list,then they check the original documents on induction day. Anyway,let's wait for those that have sources there to come and update us on any development so far.
hosey:
The reason why there will be most likely be suspension for those going to UK or other institutions that PTDF will pay is value of money.

How can you pay 20,000 to 35000 pounds fees in without going to the field and practical work. That is insane. You can always get same quality in any online course. The main reason PTDF spnsors scholars is to obtain practical expertise and exposure to give back to Nigeria. So dont blame PTDF. How can you go abroad and live in lockdown. Many student and sponsors have also deferred.

PTDF sponsors hundreds for scholarship every year unlike Mobil, Total or NLNG which sponsor maximum of 10 people in a year or every other year. So dont even compare at all.

Those who chose Germany and France in which PTDF wont pay school fees have a chance to be called.

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by 29Ade07: 2:20pm On Jun 21, 2020
hosey:

The number of courses in the UK where they go for field and practical experience during a one-year masters is quite minuscule.

I know of people who went to the UK for masters in engineering and they never told me they went for field work. With the exception. of friends who studied petroleum geoscience and pet engr at Imperial. Most of them only engaged in classes, coursework, seminars, exams and lab work.

Your analysis is quite insightful though but I don't know why that should paralysed everything.

If that is a concern PTDF can liase with the school and request for discount. Furthermore, the remote and online classes should not go beyond first semester which coincides with the end of the year. Full academic rituals should resume by next January.

Maybe this will affect PhDs, but then again the first couple of months into the PhD programme is usually a planning phase. They rarely do serious execution during this period.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Abokii8(m): 4:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
It is only the PhD scholarship that's been suspended. MSc list will be released in 2-3 weeks time. Mark my words.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Clinton12345: 5:07pm On Jun 21, 2020
Abokii8:
It is only the PhD scholarship that's been suspended. MSc list will be released in 2-3 weeks time. Mark my words.

you better be factual.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by vocahl(m): 9:00pm On Jun 21, 2020
Abokii8:

I actually felt that the suspension didn't affect the MSc scheme when I first read the corresponding press statement because it particularly stated that "the suspension affects the conduct of the second week of the interview scheduled to review shortlisted PhD applicants in Four (4) Centers of Abuja, Kaduna, Port Harcourt and Ibadan", and not the entire programme. However, I couldn't be so sure PTDF realises that implication. We wait anyway.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by treelineinnovat: 9:32pm On Jun 21, 2020
Abokii8:
source bro?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by ExpertNLer: 9:45pm On Jun 21, 2020
what is your 'sauce oh'
Abokii8:
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by PhysChemist(m): 8:37am On Jun 22, 2020
Do you know that PhD applicants were interviewed at the Bauchi center? How do you go about that?

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Recountour: 10:48am On Jun 22, 2020
Enugu too

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by vantage7: 12:22pm On Jun 22, 2020
Bauchi and Nsukka were 1-week centres, where Days 1-3 were for MSc and Days 4-5 for PhD interviews. So yes some PhD hopefuls have already done their interviews. The remaining 4 centres are 2-week centres, with the first week for MSc and the second week for PhD interviews. So the bulk of PhD hopefuls haven’t had their interviews.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Mammy33: 1:55pm On Jun 22, 2020
vantage7:
Bauchi and Nsukka were 1-week centres, where Days 1-3 were for MSc and Days 4-5 for PhD interviews. So yes some PhD hopefuls have already done their interviews. The remaining 4 centres are 2-week centres, with the first week for MSc and the second week for PhD interviews. So the bulk of PhD hopefuls haven’t had their interviews.
I think they should just select the winners by there application (those that were not interviewed)

(1) (2) (3) ... (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) ... (98) (Reply)

UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread / Thread For PHD Students / 2018/2019 Admission Process Thread Guide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.