Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,112 members, 7,835,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:23 PM

2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia - Education (63) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia (320103 Views)

Apply For 2022/2023 PTDF Overseas Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme / Apply 2019/2020 PTDF Scholarship In France, Germany And UK / 2018 PTDF Scholarship China/France/Germany: Shortlisted Applicants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (98) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Newcastle2023(m): 7:37pm On May 31, 2020
Please is there any privileged information from PTDF concerning the release of particularly the final list of successful MSc OSS Awardees?

Hope to hear from them this week. Tuesday after Sallah Holidays is 2nd of June, 2020. Just hope this year won't be an exception.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by AjayMain: 11:03am On Jun 03, 2020
Newcastle2023:
Please is there any privileged information from PTDF concerning the release of particularly the final list of successful MSc OSS Awardees?

Hope to hear from them this week. Tuesday after Sallah Holidays is 2nd of June, 2020. Just hope this year won't be an exception.

Hopefully very soon Sir., a lot of schools will stop admission process this month and they are aware of that

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 2:28pm On Jun 03, 2020
AjayMain:

Hopefully very soon Sir., a lot of schools will stop admission process this month and they are aware of that
you think they care about admission deadline?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Newcastle2023(m): 3:24pm On Jun 03, 2020
emeritus007:

you think they care about admission deadline?

Sure they do. They're a high performing and forward looking organization.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 3:45pm On Jun 03, 2020
Newcastle2023:

Sure they do. They're a high performing and forward looking organization.
Okay

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Embashosho: 11:04am On Jun 06, 2020
Memonaija:
You or Someone you know will need this SCHOLARSHIP opportunity

Free University Scholarship

https://www.memonaija.com/2020/05/adb-scholarships-at-university-of.html

The Scholarship page says it is for specific Asian countries. African countries are not eligible
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Mammy33: 11:22pm On Jun 06, 2020
Newcastle2023:

I heard that the interstate travel ban will be lifted on June 21. May be ptdf will conduct the interview immediately after the ban is lifted because September is fast approaching. My opinion though. Please any body with legit info about this interview should share it here. Thanks
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Anfieldboss: 6:50pm On Jun 07, 2020
I don't mean to sound negative, but the chances of PTDF awarding scholarships this year is actually slim considering the present realities. I could be wrong, and there is no harm in being hopeful.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kolladey(m): 7:09pm On Jun 07, 2020
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 7:58pm On Jun 07, 2020
I pray they don't cancel it..... especially for Msc applicants who have already been interviewed.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by FatimaMK: 8:03pm On Jun 07, 2020
I believed they finished interview for all Msc applicants before the suspension of the process. Even if they will cancel this year's scholarship, they suppose to consider those Msc applicants. Because they spent a lot to attend the interview. They paid for transport and probably some of them paid for hotels in the states where they attended the interview. I don't think they are just to these applicants if they cancel the entire process. They will at least complete the process and release the final results and ask the awardees to wait till next year's academic session before they can start their studies. I hope they will not cancel the entire process God willing.
kolladey:
Good evening.
I will still say you guys should keep the hope alive.
The information below(bolded), I got it from someone who has contact at PTDF.
Everything is still on hold. A meeting has been convened for next week to decide whether to continue with the process or cancel it for this year.
NB: The next week in the message is now the week we start today.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kolladey(m): 8:23pm On Jun 07, 2020
FatimaMK:
I believed they finished interview for all Msc applicants before the suspension of the process. Even if they will cancel this year's scholarship, they suppose to consider those Msc applicants. Because they spent a lot to attend the interview. They paid for transport and probably some of them paid for hotels in the states where they attended the interview. I don't think they are just to these applicants if they cancel the entire process. They will at least complete the process and release the final results and ask the awardees to wait till next year's academic session before they can start their studies. I hope they will not cancel the entire process God willing.
To my own view,I don't think the scholarship would be cancelled this year because Msc interview was concluded before PTDF suspended the interview.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kolladey(m): 8:34pm On Jun 07, 2020
FatimaMK:
@ the bolded, that is most likely to happen.
This coronavirus is really affecting so many things.

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Nobody: 5:34am On Jun 08, 2020
FatimaMK:

Unfortunately, the probability for cancellation is very high. Most schools in UK, France, Germany, Malaysia and USA have decided that next year lectures will be online mixed with just considerable group teaching with few numbers. Visa office are still shut and there is no international flight.

The aim for OSS is for you to do see and apply what you learnt practically which mostly involves travelling to the field, industries and overseas your country of study to acquire the expertise. It is not for you to do online course. Even current OSS students have just been in their accommodation studying online without any practical experience and no value of money. No jobs and lots of people are at home fighting mental health issues as no where to go and forced to stay home.

But just keep on praying sha so Coronavirus vaccine can be found.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Vivaqt(f): 6:42am On Jun 08, 2020
hosey:

Unfortunately, the probability for cancellation is very high. Most schools in UK, France, Germany, Malaysia and USA have decided that next year lectures will be online mixed with just considerable group teaching with few numbers. Visa office are still shut and there is no international flight.

The aim for OSS is for you to do see and apply what you learnt practically which mostly involves travelling to the field, industries and overseas your country of study to acquire the expertise. It is not for you to do online course. Even current OSS students have just been in their accommodation studying online without any practical experience and no value of money. No jobs and lots of people are at home fighting mental health issues as no where to go and forced to stay home.

Good morning.

[B]She said her university would introduce an optional January start date for domestic students on some larger postgraduate and undergraduate programmes, and for all international students who are unable to travel in September.[/B]
This is another option schools in the UK are going with
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kolladey(m): 7:03am On Jun 08, 2020
hosey:

@ the bolded (next year or this year 2020/2021 session?).
Like seriously, this coronavirus is really affecting so many things like I said.
Even, if PTDF releases the final result today, higher percentage of successful scholars (most especially scholars going to Germany) will not go abroad this year (that is the fact,it is not to discourage anyone).
Last year, successful scholars got success email on June 10th, and by then most German Universities have closed Winter intake admission,that forced most of the German scholars to look for 2020 summer admission, and as i am talking to you guys,most German scholars are still in Nigeria, which I am one of them.
Even, we were asked (those Interested) to change country to either France, Malaysia or China,I was able to get admission in France, hoping to travel this year October before Oga coro arrived to scatter the arrangement.
Unfortunately,the school that gave me admission sent me email few weeks ago to inform me that my admission is reported to next year 2021-2022 due to this coronavirus situation, meaning I need to wait again till next year. My intending course is not a course that can easily be taken online because it has a lot of practicals.
Guys, let us continue to keep the hope alive.
It will end well by God's grace.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by FatimaMK: 7:05am On Jun 08, 2020
What I know for sure is that they will not cancel this year's scholarship entirely. It might only affects the resumption time. I could remember, there was the time PTDF had case similar to this. What they did was that they delayed the previous year's results and matched them with the next year's results so that they have awardees of two years in a single year.
hosey:

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by 29Ade07: 11:00am On Jun 08, 2020
kolladey:

Like seriously, this coronavirus is really affecting so many things like I said.
Even, if PTDF releases the final result today, higher percentage of successful scholars (most especially scholars going to Germany) will not go abroad this year (that is the fact,it is not to discourage anyone).
Last year, successful scholars got success email on June 10th, and by then most German Universities have closed Winter intake admission,that forced most of the German scholars to look for 2020 summer admission, and as i am talking to you guys,most German scholars are still in Nigeria, which I am one of them.
Even, we were asked (those Interested) to change country to either France, Malaysia or China,I was able to get admission in France, hoping to travel this year October before Oga coro arrived to scatter the arrangement.
Unfortunately,the school that gave me admission sent me email few weeks ago to inform me that my admission is reported to next year 2021-2022 due to this coronavirus situation, meaning I need to wait again till next year. My intending course is not a course that can easily be taken online because it has a lot of practicals.
Guys, let us continue to keep the hope alive.

@Kolladey,
Is your intended institution a grand ecole or mainstream university?
Additionally, which region or city is it located?

This is because what I read from French government specified that Universities will not resume earlier than summer. That means some can resume immediately after summer or much later. I guess that universities are allowed to lay their own rules as it suits them.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kolladey(m): 1:45pm On Jun 08, 2020
29Ade07:

@Kolladey,
Is your intended institution a grand ecole or mainstream university? mainstream University
Additionally, which region or city is it located? Paris

This is because what I read from French government specified that Universities will not resume earlier than summer. I read something like that but as you know that things change over time, nothing is immutable,so French government might issue new directives as regards your point . That means some can resume immediately after summer (Yes )or much later( my own resumption date is October). I guess that universities are allowed to lay their own rules as it suits them.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by vocahl(m): 3:06pm On Jun 08, 2020
hosey:

I disagree that the possibility of cancellation of the scheme for this year is high - and this is based on the assumption that the management of the PTDF is sound enough.

Bear in mind that the primary essence of the PTDF is to upskill human capital in the Oil and Gas sector. Therefore, with the agency's inability to facilitate workshops and nurture relevant innovations due to travel and gathering restrictions, cancellation would communicate that the pandemic has rendered the agency redundant. If COVID19 then lasts longer than we expect, would it mean that the agency goes moribund for years? If yes, it strengthens the business case for the merger of the PTDF, PPPRA and PEF which has already been called for as that will serve to boost efficiency given that a then redundant PTDF should naturally not be eligible for any budgetary allocations.

So my take is that any right-thinking management would spare no effort to adapt the organisation to surfacing challenges and position it such that its relevance is not brought under any doubts. But anyway, this is Nigeria where apparent retrenchment of logic/reason in govt decisions is not uncommon. So again, my disagreement is based on an assumption of the "commonness" of common sense within the management of the agency.

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Clinton12345: 6:43pm On Jun 08, 2020
vocahl:

I disagree that the possibility of cancellation of the scheme for this year is high - and this is based on the assumption that the management of the PTDF is sound enough.

Bear in mind that the primary essence of the PTDF is to upskill human capital in the Oil and Gas sector. Therefore, with the agency's inability to facilitate workshops and nurture relevant innovations due to travel and gathering restrictions, cancellation would communicate that the pandemic has rendered the agency redundant. If COVID19 then lasts longer than we expect, would it mean that the agency goes moribund for years? If yes, it strengthens the business case for the merger of the PTDF, PPPRA and PEF which has already been called for as that will serve to boost efficiency given that a then redundant PTDF should naturally not be eligible for any budgetary allocations.

So my take is that any right-thinking management would spare no effort to adapt the organisation to surfacing challenges and position it such that its relevance is not brought under any doubts. But anyway, this is Nigeria where apparent retrenchment of logic/reason in govt decisions is not uncommon. So again, my disagreement is based on an assumption of the "commonness" of common sense within the management of the agency.

Well Said, i trust PTDF to carry on with the process and publish the list.

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Pogba12: 10:39pm On Jun 08, 2020
Who else has recieved mail?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Vivaqt(f): 10:44pm On Jun 08, 2020
Pogba12:
For what?
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Sufisunni: 11:55pm On Jun 08, 2020
Pogba12:
Could you please stop this nonsense? You did samething weeks back. Why can't you be matured at least for once! Haba!!

2 Likes

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Mammy33: 12:13am On Jun 09, 2020
Sufisunni:
Could you please stop this nonsense? You did samething weeks back. Why can't you be matured at least for once! Haba!!

yesso. He is busy confusing us. I
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by FatimaMK: 6:41am On Jun 09, 2020
The person is irresponsible
Sufisunni:

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Sam3263: 9:49am On Jun 09, 2020
Guys I sell cheap data. Kindly Patronise me

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by SOLARPOWER1(f): 10:00am On Jun 09, 2020
kolladey:

You have a point but I don't see why somebody would be waiting for ptdf before getting admission... I already have about four admission for this winter if God favours me with the scholarship, na forward ever to visa, no time to waste
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by emeritus007: 10:17am On Jun 09, 2020
UK universities are optimistic that international students would arrive in September, self isolate for 14days then start their programmes early October. so resumption dates are in October, November and January, depending on the situation of flights at that time. The programmes will be done face-to-face in small groups, online for some modules and physically over telephone. Schools are making arrangements for automated entry and exit doors to ensure social distancing etc.
In France, some schools would commence online learning then face to face in January. For some others, the whole session won't include new international students. Only EU students and already existing international students.
In Germany, admission is quite uneasy to get. Deadlines are here already. No information yet on how international students will begin their programmes.
Cancelling the process shouldn't be an option. Who does that? During the interviews, ptdf said they would work out modalities for the safety of their scholars even if the pandemic reaches September.
Also, availability of admission and international flights by September should be the only issue. what if the pandemic stretches for longer than ever expected? will they stop human capacity building through overseas scholarships?
They should release list fes, or conclude and release list let's know where we stand fes. Traveling this year is not a must. But knowing whether we succeeded in the interviews is compulsory. Cancel bawo?

1 Like

Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kolladey(m): 11:56am On Jun 09, 2020
SOLARPOWER1:

You have a point but I don't see why somebody would be waiting for ptdf before getting admission... during our time,it was stated in the advertisement not to contact the schools directly for admissions as successful candidates would be placed in relevant Universities by the PTDF, that was why most of us didn't apply for admission, hoped PTDF would secure admission for us as stated . I already have about four admission ( Yeah, admission process into UK universities are not that tough compare to German Universities) for this winter if God favours me with the scholarship,(HE will) na forward ever to visa, no time to waste
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by kolladey(m): 12:08pm On Jun 09, 2020
emeritus007:
UK universities are optimistic that international students would arrive in September, self isolate for 14days then start their programmes early October. so resumption dates are in October, November and January, depending on the situation of flights at that time. The programmes will be done face-to-face in small groups, online for some modules and physically over telephone. Schools are making arrangements for automated entry and exit doors to ensure social distancing etc.
In France, some schools would commence online learning then face to face in January. For some others, the whole session won't include new international students. Only EU students and already existing international students.
In Germany, admission is quite uneasy to get. Deadlines are here already. No information yet on how international students will begin their programmes.
Cancelling the process shouldn't be an option. Who does that? During the interviews, ptdf said they would work out modalities for the safety of their scholars even if the pandemic reaches September.
Also, availability of admission and international flights by September should be the only issue. what if the pandemic stretches for longer than ever expected? will they stop human capacity building through overseas scholarships?
They should release list fes, or conclude and release list let's know where we stand fes. Traveling this year is not a must. But knowing whether we succeeded in the interviews is compulsory. Cancel bawo?
PTDF will not cancel the process that is almost finish.
Re: 2020 PTDF Overseas Scholarship In France, Germany, China And Malaysia by Abokii8(m): 2:07pm On Jun 09, 2020
PTDF 2019 LSS awardees should kindly check their mails. There is an update.

(1) (2) (3) ... (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) ... (98) (Reply)

University of Ibadan (unibadan)2014/2015 Post-Graduate Application / UI 2018/2019 Admission Thread / Thread For PHD Students

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.