Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,213 members, 7,811,581 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:04 PM

What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: (2347 Views)

What Has Jonathan Achieved Since He Came Into Politics? / How Many Of His Promises Has Jonathan Kept? / What Has Jonathan's Administration Achieved In One Year? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by dayo1401: 8:00pm On Nov 24, 2010
Can someone please explain to me why Nigerians are sentimental about GEJ,

So many people believe he is ordained from God, some feel he his the answer to Nigerians problem, others simply are against the North and will see no other president than Jonathan, #
Unfortunately, Jonathan hasnt done anything since he came in, he was deputy Governor, and Governor, Am hell sure he stole public funds, so why the sympathy, ?
When millions are hungry, presido was busy approval new presidential jet, approving millions for independence party,

Can somebdy please tell me, WHAT JONATHAN AS ACIEHEVED SO FAR IN ONE YEAR, PLEASE
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by Osama10(m): 8:06pm On Nov 24, 2010
What has really struck me is the availability of petroleum products everywhere, some are even selling below the normal pump price.
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by jason12345: 8:11pm On Nov 24, 2010
dayo1401:

Can someone please explain to me why Nigerians are sentimental about GEJ,

So many people believe he is ordained from God, some feel he his the answer to Nigerians problem, others simply are against the North and will see no other president than Jonathan, #
Unfortunately, Jonathan hasnt done anything since he came in, he was deputy Governor, and Governor, Am hell sure he stole public funds, so why the sympathy, ?
When millions are hungry, presido was busy approval new presidential jet, approving millions for independence party,

Can somebdy please tell me, WHAT JONATHAN AS ACIEHEVED SO FAR IN ONE YEAR, PLEASE

. . . . . . . lovely

to the onlytruth, beaf and asha 80s of this world. reason instead of being overly wise
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by Nobody: 8:22pm On Nov 24, 2010
hes not been in power up to a year @op
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by dayo1401: 8:23pm On Nov 24, 2010
if the availability of petroleum product which is heavily and corrupted subsides by Nigerian tax payers is the only achivement made by this administration in one year,
Then i think Nigeria is doomed Big TIME,

I honestly do not believe Jonathan deserves another four years, instead should be impeached for inefficiency and poor budget implementation, this woudl ve been the case in a decent democracy like the UK

but i trust my people, sentiments all the ways,

LONG LIVE NIGERIA
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by dayo1401: 8:26pm On Nov 24, 2010
@ toba six month, nine month, one year,

what has he achieved

he has been in power since 2007, he has been in Government since 2007,
experienced as deputy gov, and gov of Baylesa, he know Nigeria problems to a fair share,

WHAT HAS HE DONE SO FAR,

PLEASE CAN SOMEBDY NAME ONE ACHIEVEMENT, OF GEJ,

NOT HIS PROMISES OR WHAT HE HOPES TO DO,

WHAT HAS HE ACHIEVED ??
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by ladi02(m): 8:33pm On Nov 24, 2010
Wow!. . .i'm still thinking shocked

unfortunately NOTHING! cry
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by denitro(m): 8:34pm On Nov 24, 2010
When you look at the alternative to G.E.J
ATIKU, I.B.B, BUHARI
ATIKU had 8 years
IBB had 8 years
BUHARI had 2 years
Then you will really why Nigerians are sentimental about G.E.J
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by dayo1401: 8:41pm On Nov 24, 2010
The alternative to GEJ, is the remaining 150m, IN Nigeria, not IBB ATIKU AND BUHARI, they dont own Nigeria.

what about RIBADU,

i think its high time people forget about party , geo political sentiments or religion,

experience has failed here, here is a man who is well experienced, he was vp with yar adua, became president, i acutally believed in him.
but he has failed, cos he doesnt have an idea to solve the growin poverty in my country Nigeria, and high rate of umemployement.

when people lay emphasise on experience, i dont know who can be more experience, havng been in v.p, for about 2years if not more before becoming president,

in a decent democracy, atiku and ibb should be facing trails about how they got thier wealth, buhari adminstration should be proved,

New bright Nigerians with fresh ideas should be given the opportunity,

Lets dont limit our option, ribadu can be president or any other BRILLIANT NIGERIAN if we so desire,

as far as i am concern, JONATHAN, IBB ATIKU, ARE ALL BUNCH OF CRIMINALS
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by dayo1401: 8:44pm On Nov 24, 2010
@denitro,

u can also start counting Jonathan, from 2007 when he was v.p

that makes it 3years, what has he achieved??
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by unipol(m): 8:52pm On Nov 24, 2010
yes, i am with the poster, jonathan, atiku and IBB should be in jail for mal-administration. but come to talk of ribadu, ribadu was the man disqualifing candidates for our criminal hero maurice iwu. ribadu was aware that if credible election was on plan. people will vote out corrupt politicians instead of disqualifing them illegally. infact, in 2007, ribadu+iwu=enemy of democracy.
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by dayo1401: 8:58pm On Nov 24, 2010
my point is this, i see no reason why jonathan should enjoy any sympathy, he his equally has bad the other candidate,

what we need in Nigeria, is fresh brain, new ideas, new policy, people like fashola, new breeds,

recycling corrupt leaders like atiku and jonathan isnt going to take us anywhere, they simply re going to loot the treasury, and decieve us with empty promises
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by ladi02(m): 9:13pm On Nov 24, 2010
We just wasted the last 4yrs!

Jonathan is not different from the other clueless leaders we have had, only good to maintain status quo. . .

We need serious CHANGE!, but majority of Nigerians dont seem to care

Like you said dayo1401 we are a country of 150m, I believe there is 1 person that can put Nigeria on the right path. Not the same old guys, taking us on the same old path!
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by 9ijaMan: 9:14pm On Nov 24, 2010
Osama10:

What has really struck me is the availability of petroleum products everywhere, some are even selling below the normal pump price.

dayo1401:

if the availability of petroleum product which is heavily and corrupted subsides by Nigerian tax payers is the only achivement made by this administration in one year,
Then i think Nigeria is doomed Big TIME,

I honestly do not believe Jonathan deserves another four years, instead should be impeached for inefficiency and poor budget implementation, this woudl ve been the case in a decent democracy like the UK

but i trust my people, sentiments all the ways,

LONG LIVE NIGERIA

Dayo,
Thanks for providing such a succinct response to the comment made by Osama10. GEJ is depleting the external reserves and excess crude account at an alarming rate to fund several white elephant projects and to also provide subsidy for fuel, thus leaving room for state funds to be recklessly mismanaged and embezzled.
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by johndoe200: 9:19pm On Nov 24, 2010
dayo1401:

my point is this, i see no reason why jonathan should enjoy any sympathy, he his equally has bad the other candidate,

what we need in Nigeria, is fresh brain, new ideas, new policy, people like fashola, new breeds,

recycling corrupt leaders like atiku and jonathan isnt going to take us anywhere, they simply re going to loot the treasury, and decieve us with empty promises

I don't usually respond to the MORONS that come and spout rubbish on this section, but I am compelled to ask you if you live in Nigeria?

If only for the availability of fuel, GEJ has done wonders. Do you know how we used to have to go to the petrol station at 4.30 am just to struggle to buy a little fuel? Any brain dead animal that comes to tell me that whoever took that away has done nothing deserves to be, look don't let me continue.
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 24, 2010
Dwindling federation and excess crude account.
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by Kobojunkie: 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2010
johndoe200:

I don't usually respond to the MORONS that come and spout rubbish on this section, but I am compelled to ask you if you live in Nigeria?

If only for the availability of fuel, GEJ has done wonders. Do you know how we used to have to go to the petrol station at 4.30 am just to struggle to buy a little fuel? Any brain dead animal that comes to tell me that whoever took that away has done nothing deserves to be, look don't let me continue.

Are you certain he is the slowpoke in this case?
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by ladi02(m): 9:30pm On Nov 24, 2010
@johndoe,

If you believe that solving fuel scarcity is an achievement then you have a myopic view of things. . . Fuel scarcity has always been an off and on issue, it was never a long term issue. If you see only providing steady fuel, as a good job then im sorry for you
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by dayo1401: 9:33pm On Nov 24, 2010
oo, sorry, i can see how informed u re,

well, i was born breed and lived in Nigeria all my life, i travel alot, and i studied both in Nigeria and just left the country last month for my masters in Uk,
so i know what it is and i have queued and slept in a filling station before,
but that doesnt mean u ve to be rude, to everybdy that has a contrary opinion, ok

like i said before, Nigeria is doomed is availablity of petroleum product is a major achievement,
i did my nysc in sokoto, u need to see the level of poverty in that area, millions are dying, of hunger.

the unemployement rate in Nigeria is alarming, NDLEA recently scammed 750m, from umemployed nigerian who were desperatly trying to secured an unavailable job.

we talk of major issues, like security that affect every human being, ?

the petroleum product u re talking about is heavily subsidized by the govrnment, this subsides goes into the hands of corrupt individuals, and u call that achievement,
in a decent economy, availabilty of petroleum product isnt a central issue, when the govt has provided an efficient rail and road transport system,

well sorry for u, if u see availabilty of petroleum product one of the top 10 issues facing Nigeria, it shows how BRILLIANT U ARE
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by rebranded(m): 9:34pm On Nov 24, 2010
johndoe200:

If only for the availability of fuel, GEJ has done wonders. Do you know how we used to have to go to the petrol station at 4.30 am just to struggle to buy a little fuel? Any brain dead animal that comes to tell me that whoever took that away has done nothing deserves to be,  look don't let me continue.

I guess if each President decides to tackle one issue in Nigeria, by 2050 we should reach un-interrupted power supply, or maybe it will be fight against corruption's turn in 2050

Pure Rubbish statement!
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by johndoe200: 9:44pm On Nov 24, 2010
dayo1401:

oo, sorry, i can see how informed u re,

well, i was born breed and lived in Nigeria all my life, i travel alot, and i studied both in Nigeria and just left the country last month for my masters in Uk,
so i know what it is and i have queued and slept in a filling station before,
but that doesnt mean u ve to be rude, to everybdy that has a contrary opinion, ok

like i said before, Nigeria is doomed is availablity of petroleum product is a major achievement,
i did my nysc in sokoto, u need to see the level of poverty in that area, millions are dying, of hunger.

the unemployement rate in Nigeria is alarming, NDLEA recently scammed 750m, from umemployed nigerian who were desperatly trying to secured an unavailable job.

we talk of major issues, like security that affect every human being, ?

the petroleum product u re talking about is heavily subsidized by the govrnment, this subsides goes into the hands of corrupt individuals, and u call that achievement,
in a decent economy, availabilty of petroleum product isnt a central issue, when the govt has provided an efficient rail and road transport system,

well sorry for u, if u see availabilty of petroleum product one of the top 10 issues facing Nigeria, it shows how BRILLIANT U ARE

I apologize I thought you were an adult, I stopped having these kinds of discussions with kids a long time ago. My mistake. When you grow up and live in the real world were the rest of us live, we can continue. I will however tell you this, Who gives a toss about who is making money from where? What we want is affordable and available fuel. This has been done in a few months. In another year another problem will be resolved.
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by 1025: 10:02pm On Nov 24, 2010
When you look at the alternative to G.E.J
ATIKU, I.B.B, BUHARI
ATIKU had 8 years
IBB had 8 years
BUHARI had 2 years
Then you will really why Nigerians are sentimental about G.E.J

@denitro,
u have refused to complete the list. how many years for jonathan? i guess 12 yrs, deputy and gov for 8 yrs and vice and president 4 yrs and 12yrs in all.

@topic,
jonathan is the first nigerian president to join the facebook to ask us what our problem is
jonathan gave ribadu a presidential pardon, cancealed all court charges against him and forcefully ask the nigerian police to drop all charges and turn his sack to retirement.
jonathan strked a deal with siemens to stop the scandal involving our high class criminals.
jonathan organised the most expensive independence celebration in nigeria .
jonathan has a record number of bomb explossions under his regime.

i hope with these few points of mine, i have convienced and confused nigerians that jonathan is the most if not the only qualified human being on earth for the post of a president of this good for nothing country - nigeria.
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by monkeyleg: 10:08pm On Nov 24, 2010
Lazy Nigerians, as usual satisfied in being fed scraps. All you need to do is give them petrol, then Nigerias problems are over. funny enough it is people like these that are really holding Nigeria back, not ready to move themselves forward quite content to feed at the feet of the political masters
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by 9ijaMan: 10:21pm On Nov 24, 2010
johndoe200:

I apologize I thought you were an adult, I stopped having these kinds of discussions with kids a long time ago. My mistake. When you grow up and live in the real world were the rest of us live, we can continue. I will however tell you this, Who gives a toss about who is making money from where? What we want is affordable and available fuel. This has been done in a few months. In another year another problem will be resolved.

Adult dayo1401, perhaps you are the one who's being childish here. I'm just wondering what you are referring to wrt affordable and available fuel. If you really understand how the future of generations unborn are being mortgaged through fuel subsidy you'll weep for Nigeria. It appears you are not familiar with the economics involved in subsidizing fuel in Nigeria. I'll advice you to wait until the elections are over (perhaps sooner) and I can bet you'll sing a completely different tune.

rebranded:

I guess if each President decides to tackle one issue in Nigeria, by 2050 we should reach un-interrupted power supply, or maybe it will be fight against corruption's turn in 2050

Pure Rubbish statement!

I geuss in your own book, the ease with which you buy fuel shows some sign of economic recovery/revival. It is only in Nigeria that ease of buying fuel is being celebrated as an achievement. I bow for our pple o!

monkeyleg:

Lazy Nigerians, as usual satisfied in being fed scraps. All you need to do is give them petrol, then Nigerias problems are over. funny enough it is people like these that are really holding Nigeria back, not ready to move themselves forward quite content to feed at the feet of the political masters

Thank you my brother.
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by DisGuy: 12:06am On Nov 25, 2010
In another year another problem will be resolved.

LMAO

Dame PATIENCE Ebele Jonathan

2050 here we come wink
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by asha80(m): 12:10am On Nov 25, 2010
jason12345:

. . . . . . . lovely

to the onlytruth, beaf and asha 80s of this world. reason instead of being overly wise

Why is this ignorant fool calling my name here?

have you seen me campaigning for jonathan before

bring me a link where you saw me supporting jonathan or go siddon for gutter.
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by silami(m): 8:47am On Nov 25, 2010
Arms and ammunition importation from Iran and USA.
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by chosen04(f): 9:07am On Nov 25, 2010
Its only in nigeria that the availability of petrol will be seen and credited to a president as an achievement.

I weep for this country.
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by onyengbu1(m): 9:22am On Nov 25, 2010
chosen04:

Its only in nigeria that the availability of petrol will be seen and credited to a president as an achievement.

I weep for this country.
But the question was, WHAT has he done?

The poster did not say, what BIG thing he has done.
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by Beaf: 9:36am On Nov 25, 2010
The privatisation of PHCN is well under way.
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by Nobody: 9:41am On Nov 25, 2010
[b]GEJ couple months in office hasnt been stellar, but why is everyone here talking as if GEJ came over and made things worse.
Which Nigerian president has any impressive records since the country's inception?
Name One that achieved something phenomenal that affected the average man on the street?

GEJ within a short period has score above average, if those scoring him are realist, and not some embittered Nigerians who blame govt for all their woes,

1. fixed the petroleum brouhaha - checked (that affected my life, atleast, im not queuing shamelessly with gallons no more)

2. content bill passed - checked (i wonder how many of you know what it means, and it will change lives of many graduates) We have more bills to go like PIB,

3. NPF is facing a big time reshuffle and re-orientation (for the 1st time, we have a leader who took them off the check points from killing citizens, and for once, I can drive around with peace knowing some bastard wont shoot me over N20, and this is affecting the average commuters in Nigeria positively).

4. MEND and its many factions are getting checked (its difficult enough to control Nigerians, we think we are too smart, let alone an armed guy who feels hes been subjugated and needs to take what he feel is his, it will be tough fight against MEND, especially when they feel the guy on-top is one of theirs).

5. PHCN workers are been paid off. PHCN is getting privatized, and it wont be just another political movie. We handle construction works for AFC, and thats one of the company thats getting ready to buy PHCN, though PHCN wont be sold to a company linked with Charles Soludo and many ex-bankers. And did you notice the improvement in electricity supply despite the fact PHCN staff are doing their best to sabotage the privatization moves?

6. And he has increased workers wages, and maintain industrial harmony among workers.

7. For once, we have a president who is operating an "Open System". How many of you ever got your views through UMY? Or to OBJ?

8. There has been a sincere move to work on our educational systems. We need more tertiary institutions, and we have a president who strongly believes the quality of education needs to be changed. You dont change quality in 9 months! Not when you are an accidental leader who feels obligated to make a change.

Of course, GEJ government is going through a series PR Crisis, and stability will be elusive until he gets elected (Insha Allah/In Jesus Name) next year, and his wife is a wild card who needs some little pruning and advice; but looking at GEJ from an helicopter view, he is not the right guy for the job, yet he is proving himself worthy by trying to change our established rot. Wasnt OBJ the perfect guy: exposed, well traveled, someone who suffered severely, well connected, a christian, a southerner, a civilian, a business, an ex-military man: and what has he achieved in contribution to national development besides create a more divided country?

Ofcourse, everything I have mentioned above has its Process, for someone educated, im sure we understand that "Process" have 5 stages: Planning, Organizing, Staffing, Coordinating, and Controlling. And maybe Evaluation,
This is man is doing his best. Haba!

Stop criticizing him and start making suggestions on how its to be done, visit his facebook account and write him, if your ideas are meaningful, it will be noted. Lets stop twisting sentiment against objectivity. And stop saying the same-thing a beggar in the street would say: they are all thieves. Its a cliche and we need to start seeing possibilities in ourselves.[/b]
Re: What Has Jonathan Achieved So Far In One Year In Power: by onyengbu1(m): 9:50am On Nov 25, 2010
yemi313:

5. PHCN workers are been paid off. PHCN is getting privatized, and it wont be just another political movie. We handle construction works for AFC, and thats one of the company thats getting ready to buy PHCN, though PHCN wont be sold to a company linked with Charles Soludo and many ex-bankers. And did you notice the improvement in electricity supply despite the fact PHCN staff are doing their best to sabotage the privatization moves?

Even if every other thing you wrote here is untrue, I can confirm this one. PHCN staff are being paid off as we speak.

What is remarkable about that is that the idea to pay them off in order to privatize it was conceived just few months ago and it is already being implemented. When has that happened before in naija.

When he (GEJ) predicted stable power supply by April next year people were shouting but he is actually doing something to actualize it.

Even if the process fails at the end of the day, he at least did something meaningful to fix power problem in naija.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pdp Survives, Acn Gains, But Cpc Underperforms / Lagos Home To New Innovation Hub As Venia Business Hub Launches / Get Live News From Punch, Vanguard, Thisday And Guardian Sent To U Daily

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.