Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,201 members, 7,829,295 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:45 AM

FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects (9637 Views)

INEC Insists Gov Ahmed Remains PDP Candidate For Kwara South But The Gov Says No / Photos From PDP Rally For Kwara By-election / PDP Submits Saraki’s Name To INEC As Its Senatorial Candidate For Kwara Central (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by jarawa: 8:14am On Dec 05, 2019
The Federal Executive Council yesterday approved N4.8bn for the completion of road projects in Kwara and Osun States. The Minister of Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola, who briefed State House Correspondents after FEC meeting, said N4.027bn was endorsed for the completion of 26km Ajase-Ipo/ Offa/ Erinle Road in Kwara State. Fashola, who said 8km of the 26km road that connects Kwara to Osun was awarded by the previous administration, added that the approval was for the 18km section that completes the entire length of the road.

“What we have done now is to award 18 km so that the full stretch of 26km is now under construction for the purpose of completion. That comes to a sum of N4.027 billion for the 18km stretch. The previous contract is still going on. This is an addendum to that contract,” he added. The minister said the FEC also approved a variation of N825m for the ongoing construction of Osogbo/Ilesha Road that was awarded in 2012 to enable the road links Osogbo town.

“Now, we have done 76 percent of the entire project. What we awarded today was a variation of N825m. This is to expand the original contract by 3km to enable the road links into Osogbo town, the built-up area, because it ought to bypass the town. So, this is the 3.4km that the governor requested then when I went on nationwide road tour. Going through procurement and other things, we finally got approval today for N825m to include that part,” he added. The Minister of Agriculture and Natural Resources, Mohammed Sabo Nanono, said the FEC approved a contract of N244m for the purchase of raw materials for the production of vaccines against poultry animal diseases and research at National Veterinary Research Institute, Vom.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fec-approves-n4-8bn-for-kwara-osun-road-projects.html

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by EmptyCoconutHead(m): 8:15am On Dec 05, 2019
old news btw
Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by ijewejones: 8:26am On Dec 05, 2019
FEC can approve anything for all they care..

Nigerians await speedy RESULTS cos that's what APC promised.

Let no FG project remain in 'audioic' form,simple

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by StrikeBack(m): 8:26am On Dec 05, 2019
Best way to siphon money
Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by RichDad1(m): 8:27am On Dec 05, 2019
I saw Erinle and I can’t help but shout twale. That town is the definition of no retreat no surrender. cheesy cheesy cheesy

11 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by bukkielee(m): 8:27am On Dec 05, 2019
Buhari the Fulani herdsman, continue deceiving us
Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by Temptee101(m): 8:28am On Dec 05, 2019
shocked

Approve! Approve! Yet we no dey see any road

After dishing out billions to contractors at inflated prices for projects, they go behind to collect kickbacks

Are we not doomed as a people?

3 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by Rnix: 8:28am On Dec 05, 2019
That's good to hear
Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by Nobody: 8:28am On Dec 05, 2019
hmm, time to chop money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by sodiqajibola(m): 8:28am On Dec 05, 2019
Waooo
Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by iDas: 8:29am On Dec 05, 2019
Let the project be done and dusted
Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by UnitedNigeriaUN: 8:29am On Dec 05, 2019
StrikeBack:
Best way to siphon money

bukkielee:
Buhari the Fulani herdsman, continue deceiving us

ztiv:
hmm, time to chop money

This kinda people believe easily in bad news than good news.

Tell them Nigeria have become richer in exports, they'll doubt the authenticity of the news.

Tell them Nigeria have slipped further into debts, they'll believe without verifying the news.

These set of people are the reason why Nigeria is lagging behind.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by Exym: 8:29am On Dec 05, 2019
I reserve my comments
Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by OluwajobaCrownJ: 8:31am On Dec 05, 2019
The road that link to my City grin grin
Gather here if you are from ILESA grin smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by olatunyemi(m): 8:31am On Dec 05, 2019
RichDad1:
I saw Erinle and I can’t help but shout twale. That town is the definition of retreat no surrender. cheesy cheesy cheesy
Don't tell me you are from my town. Erin moje omo saaja, omo elewe ladogba

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by Ayoswit(f): 8:31am On Dec 05, 2019
K
Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by RichDad1(m): 8:33am On Dec 05, 2019
olatunyemi:

Don't tell me you are from my town. Erin moje omo saaja, omo elewe ladogba
No. But you guys are the definition of Brave cool

2 Likes

Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by Honor10: 8:33am On Dec 05, 2019
A
Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by ekwerendi(m): 8:34am On Dec 05, 2019
StrikeBack:
Best way to siphon money

Why do you think so... what if it's a realistic road project that will be completed.....

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by Ustec: 8:34am On Dec 05, 2019
Finally, offa roads will be motorable again.
Thanks to APC

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by vineyardfarms: 8:45am On Dec 05, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]YOU SENATORS AND REPS. BOTH FROM CALABAR AND UYO - WHAT ABOUT CALABAR AND ITU ROAD ARE YOU RUBBER STAMPS?? THERE FOR YOUR OWN STOMARCH?? SUCKERS?? DON'T EVER TAKE A FLIGHT, PLY THE ROAD. USE THE ROAD.
Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by jahsharon: 8:54am On Dec 05, 2019
StrikeBack:
Best way to siphon money

Yes, my brother, you expect the money to be shared by imPatience Jonathan and Diezaini Madueke. Thunder strike all enemies of the masses including you.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by ursullalinda(f): 8:54am On Dec 05, 2019
Good for them
Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by jahsharon: 8:55am On Dec 05, 2019
South-West has never had it so good. Projects upon projects. Infrastructure upon infrastructure. We invested our votes well, now we are reaping the profits of our investment. Those that invested their votes in a failed project should bear the consequences of their actions by consuming the loss and licking their wounds silently.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by OmoManU: 9:02am On Dec 05, 2019
God bless Buhari, God bless fashola..... they've really made life easier on that road before now they want to complete the good job.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FEC Approves N4.8 Billion For Kwara, Osun Road Projects by OmoManU: 9:05am On Dec 05, 2019
UnitedNigeriaUN:

This kinda people believe easily in bad news than good news.

Tell them Nigeria have become richer in exports, they'll doubt the authenticity of the news.

Tell them Nigeria have slipped further into debts, they'll believe without verifying the news.

These set of people are the reason why Nigeria is lagging behind.
I swear down, that was exactly the reason why I picked on a guy here yesterday. They hate progress with all their hearts

8 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Adamawa Assembly Approves Gov Fintiri's Request To Appoint 50 Special Advisers / EFCC Probes Ex-military Administrator, Other Over Diezani's N4bn Hotel Deal- SR / Group Commends Oshiomhole For Redeeming Apc’s Image

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.