Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,166 members, 7,849,600 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 05:16 AM

Igbo President In 2015? Forget It! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo President In 2015? Forget It! (781 Views)

Ali Bongo The Igbo President In Gabon The Real Photo / Asiwaju Bola Tinubu Working On APC Producing Second Igbo President Of Nigeria / Mammoth Crowd Waiting For Mr President In Kano (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo President In 2015? Forget It! by Abagworo(m): 1:20am On Nov 25, 2010
By PETER ANOSIKE
Thursday, November 25, 2010
•Onuma
Photo: Sun News Publishing

* More Stories on This Section

The Adminisrative Secretary of Ndibgo Lagos, Mr Kalu Onuma, has said that the reason his organization is supporting President Goodluck Jonathan to contest in the 2011 elections is because it would be the first step towards correcting the marginalization of the South-South and South-East.

However, he said that before the decision was taken, they went back to all the agreements and communiqués signed with the other zones, adding that at the end, it was discovered that the South-East and the South-South geo- political zones were the most marginalized. Excerpts:

Adoption of President Jonathan by Ohanaeze Ndigbo

Our position remains that justice must be done in whatever we do in this country. What Ndigbo Lagos did was to resurrect various agreements with the sections of the country as well as the communiqué of the southern governors sometime ago in Enugu. The communiqué between the South-East and the South-South, South-East and South-West, South-East and North-Central and others. And we have been consistent in our keeping to agreements. Whether by spiritual design or by default, Jonathan has become the President. I don’t see the logic that would not allow him to complete his tenure and run again.

PDP zoning

I am not in PDP, so I will not go into that. It is a PDP thing, let them sort it out themselves. You cannot continue to throw that at us. When it is convenient for a part of the country to accept an agreement that is when it favours them, they would accept, but when it is not convenient, they would drop it. You cannot continue to toss the rest of the country up and down.

The point that I want to make is that the premise on which we endorsed Jonathan was because we have over and over again, highlighted the fact that the South-East and the South-South have been marginalized in all quarters. This is an opportunity if the rest of the country believes that this nation has to be rescued, to correct all the imbalances and ills even against their own personal goodwill that had been meted against the two zones.

Ndigbo and 2015

Nobody anywhere can guarantee the Igbo president in 2015.No section of the country can do it. The Igbo equally cannot guarantee themselves president in 2015. My argument is coming from a very simple perspective. If the Constitution of Nigeria remains the way it is today and continue to be the instrument of interaction in this country. The Igbo man cannot be president no matter what promises people are making. It will remain a dream.

Our challenge has remained that the right kind of people are not ruling this country. Why are they not coming up? The reason is the constitution is so structured in a way that the wrong set of people will continue to rule this country. If the constitution is re-structured such that the six geo–political zones become the acceptable means of interaction within the country, it becomes a lot easier to tell a time frame within which an Igbo man would become president. But with the constitution that we have today, knowing that absolute power corrupts absolutely, it becomes a tough challenge that I see will be difficult for us to manage
Re: Igbo President In 2015? Forget It! by udezue(m): 5:35am On Nov 25, 2010
Lol continue ur silliness.
Re: Igbo President In 2015? Forget It! by Abagworo(m): 8:35am On Nov 25, 2010
udezue:

Lol continue your silliness.

I hope it is not directed at me for copying and pasting a news article.The truth remains that an Igbo cannot be president anytime soon.
Re: Igbo President In 2015? Forget It! by asha80(m): 8:38am On Nov 25, 2010
Abagworo:

I hope it is not directed at me for copying and pasting a news article.The truth remains that an Igbo cannot be president anytime soon.

i wonder why we like bringing attention to ourselves.
Re: Igbo President In 2015? Forget It! by excanny: 11:38am On Nov 25, 2010
It's even a kind of liability having the presidency from your region. I think the igbo nation should concentrate on supporting a president from other regions that would take care of their interests. In the meantime, igbos may vie for the vice-president slot, at least for 2 more times, so as to mature politically. The Igbo nation has a lot of qualified intelligent people who would do well as presidents, but they need to get a wider national influence. Let's not forget that igbos are somewhat disadvantaged in the nigerian political field because of the biafra experience. That's is why i say we should relax, until we have more political heavyweights from igboland. We might even get more if we play our 'victim' card very well and use it as our strongest weapon.
Re: Igbo President In 2015? Forget It! by Blazay(m): 12:02pm On Nov 25, 2010
The Adminisrative Secretary of Ndibgo Lagos, Mr Kalu Onuma, has said that the reason his organization is supporting President Goodluck Jonathan to contest in the 2011 elections is because it would be the first step towards correcting the marginalization of the South-South and South-East.

OBJ(From the South-West) marginalized both the South-East and the South-South, so please let us hear word.
You lost your chances from 2003-2007.
Re: Igbo President In 2015? Forget It! by Ojiofor: 12:46pm On Nov 25, 2010
Chief Kalu is honest,2015 is not realistic for Igbo president.unless by miracle.
Re: Igbo President In 2015? Forget It! by sbeezy8: 4:03pm On Nov 25, 2010
excanny:

We might even get more if we play our 'victim' card very well and use it as our strongest weapon.

Disagree cause the majority of nigerians dont feel igbos are victims but creators of their own problems. You abuse fellow southerners & middle belters then expect them to vote for you. You form alliances with hausas- fulanis and expect southerners &middle belt to vote for you. You run with a vice president from the north and expect southerners to vote for you. Your main concern is looking for votes in SHARIA STATES - which will not happen and expect non igbo christians to vote for you. BY NOW IT SHOULD HAVE DAWNED ON IGBOS THAT THEY ARE LOOKING FOR VOTES WHERE VOTERS ONLY CARE ABOUT RELIGION/ISLAM (North) esp the fact there law is islamic law.

Blazay:

OBJ(From the South-West) marginalized both the South-East and the South-South, so please let us hear word.
You lost your chances from 2003-2007.

aboki fool talkin stuupid as always, its funny how you say in 2003-2007 what happend to 1960 Zik, 1979 with ekwueme, 1985 Ebitu Ukiwe who was dropped for Aikhomu a SS person and 1999 with ekwueme again who was dropped for OBJ?
Re: Igbo President In 2015? Forget It! by igbobuigbo: 5:25pm On Nov 25, 2010
Sorry, but this Abagworo dude is becoming an xxxxxxxx with every passing moment.
Re: Igbo President In 2015? Forget It! by aljharem(m): 6:03pm On Nov 25, 2010
igbobuigbo:

Sorry, but this Abagworo dude is becoming an slowpoke with every passing moment.
can u explain how he is a slowpoke

is it because he does not support ur views angry angry angry

why are u going to insult my brother,,,,,,,why angry angry angry,,,,,,,,,,,why na angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Spate Of Kidnapping Is Youth Revolution - Gov. Ohakim Of Imo State / Why Is A $350 Billion A Year Economy Like Nigeria Still Impoverished? / Dr.'s Wife Kidnapped In Ondo, State NMA Goes On Strike In Solidarity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.