Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,866 members, 7,817,562 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 PM

Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State (2058 Views)

#SarakiCCT: Zakari Mohammed Responsible For Blackout During Saraki's CCT Trial / Ekiti State LG Election To Be Held On 19th Dec 2015 - Gov Ayo Fayose / Policeman Beaten Up In Oyo State For Allegedly Causing Accident (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BUSHFELLOW(m): 11:48am On May 27, 2007
angel is like i go live am for you to handle biggy the guy him self na double standard so carry on with am.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by mazaje(m): 1:06pm On May 27, 2007
A house that sits on a shaky foundation will definately collapse some day. The whole electoral process was flaud and any foundation that is laid upon deception and lies will definately collapse.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BUSHFELLOW(m): 2:51pm On May 27, 2007
please tell biggy for us mr rally round rar; adua
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by Wilfem(m): 7:48am On May 28, 2007
The Action Congress has criticised the orgy of violence being perpetrated by opponents of council poll in Oyo State.
It said perpetrators were emboldened by the tacit support of the President Olusegun Obasanjo-led Federal Government.

In a statement issued on Sunday by its National Publicity Secretary, Alhaji Lai Muhammad, the party said it was unconscionable that a band of thugs could rampage through a state in such a manner without an arrest by the police.
It wondered whether the Federal Government would not have threatened the imposition of a state of emergency if that kind of wanton violence had been perpetrated in Lagos State or any other state not favoured by President Obasanjo.

“It is simply shocking and inexplicable that in a country governed by the rule of law, thugs could ransack a whole state, destroying public institutions like radio and television stations and the offices of the State Independent Electoral Commission in broad daylight, with the police looking on.

“Government workers were harassed and beaten up and their vehicles damaged; innocent citizens were intimidated, rough-handled and killed while policemen who found themselves on the wrong side were not spared.

“This is the same state where known PDP officials squirreled INEC data capture machines to their homes to carry out illegal registration of voters before the last sham elections, without any repercussion,” the party said.

Source: http://www.punchontheweb.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art200705284201692
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by Aneef(m): 11:27am On May 28, 2007
I think someone got it wrong here by attributing problems in oyo to OBJ and exonerating Ladoja who is the chief architect of the entire problem.Yoruba adage says that "Ti ogiri o ba lanu alangba ko le raye wobe"meaning that "if the wall did not open lizard cannot enter" As chief executive of the state he always failed to act when he opt to and this is the result were seening in oyo.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 2:00am On May 29, 2007
[b]How Obasanjo used Adedibu against me – Ladoja
Monday, May 28, 2007
[/b]Outgoing governor of Oyo State, Senator Rasheed Ladoja, at the weekend disclosed how President Olusegun Obasanjo consistently fuelled the unending crisis in the state by encouraging the state’s political kingmaker, Alhaji Lamidi Adedibu to persecute him.

According to the governor, Obasanjo’s wrath against him was kindled by his perceived apathy towards the President’s much-coveted third term project as well as the presumed affinity between him and Vice President Atiku Abubakar.

Ladoja, who spoke to Daily Sun in Ibadan, noted that Adedibu had already been neutralized politically as far back as 2004. He asserted that Obasanjo decided to resuscitate the grand old man to fight the sitting governor for not pitching tent with the third term group.

“Adedibu had already been neutralized before 2004 and it stayed that way till very late in 2005. What resuscitated him is known to everybody; the fact that the President returned him to the arena. And the reason why the president decided to tackle him was an empty one because he felt I was too close to Atiku. Some people said that he felt that I wasn’t going to support the third term agenda, that I was going to be vocal about it.”

The governor, who observed that Obasanjo was hell bent on humiliating him out of office, using instruments of illegality, said he even went to Abeokuta, alongside Governors Gbenga Daniel, (Ogun), Segun Agagu, (Ondo) and Olagunsoye Oyinlola, (Osun) to explain things to the president, but that Obasanjo insisted he should resign.

“I told him I was not going to resign. Then he said if you don’t resign, you would be impeached. So, I said the offences they counted were not impeachable offences. And moreso, they don’t have two thirds, and he said, two-thirds, my foot! You are going to be impeached. Then he stormed out of the meeting,” the governor stated.

Ladoja dismissed criticisms that he was politically naïve by not calling the president’s bluff like Lagos State governor, Bola Tinubu and his Abia State counterpart, Dr. Orji Uzor Kalu. He said those two had been governors since Obasanjo’s first term in office and had therefore gained sufficient experience on how to handle the president. He also lambasted the Peoples Democratic Party, (PDP) for its alleged connivance in his travails.

While explaining his not defecting to the Action Congress, (AC) after his reinstatement in December 2006, Ladoja said it was tactical, as his adversaries were waiting in the wings to impeach him again if he officially abandoned the PDP.

According to him, Obasanjo was not happy that his impeachment was quashed and would have instigated a second move against him.

“They were expecting me to go and pick up the ticket of the Action Congress. And they would have impeached me again and ask me to go to court again. And we would still be in court by now,” he asserted.

Ladoja also disclosed that Obasanjo was unable to hide his hostility towards his reinstatement when they spoke on phone on December 11, last year.

His words: “I phoned him that night and even that night, he already showed his hostility to my coming back. I mean, I could easily see that it was because he had no choice. And he proved that one to me. When I called him to thank him for accepting the judgment of the Supreme Court, he told me, Rasheed, don’t be deceived. What I told the IG was to provide for your personal security.

I don’t want what happened to Bola Ige to happen to you. But as for the governorship, the Supreme Court only declared that this governorship belonged to Ladoja, but the government is now in the hands of Akala. So, you have to go back to the court and tell the court, help me take back the governorship from Akala.”

Describing Obasanjo as somebody who never believed in the rule of law, Ladoja declared: “I never believed anybody who had sworn to the constitution could say, “two thirds, my foot.” He said he knew the president was behind the crisis in Oyo State but that he had to soft-pedal and re-strategize, realizing that Obasanjo was in control of the machinery of the state.

Wondering how a trained lawyer could show blatant disregard for the rule of law, Ladoja hit hard at the Inspector-General of Police, Mr. Sunday Ehindero and chairman of the Independent National Electoral Commission, (INEC), Prof. Maurice Iwu, calling them the president’s errand boys.

He also described as unfortunate, the President’s description of himself as, “brash and impulsive,” wondering how such a man could have hoped to successfully lead a country of 140 million people.
“I would rather wish to work with somebody who is patient and reflective, who will try to know what are the consequences of his actions before he takes them, rather than somebody who thinks after he might have taken actions. Or maybe he doesn’t think at all,” he stated.

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/may/28/804.htm
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2007
Blame OBJ for Adedibu’s excess –Agoro

FACTIONAL chairman of conference of Nigerian Political Parties (CNPP), Dr. Olapade Agoro has blamed former president, Chief Olusegun Obasanjo for the lingering political thuggery in Oyo State.

Agoro, a former presidential candidate of National Action Council (NAC) in the last April elections stated this in an exclusive interview with Daily Champion noting that the strong man of Ibadan politics, Chief Lamidi Adedibu had the support of the former president which emboldened him to unleash violence and thuggery on the peace loving people of the state.

He recalled that Obasanjo had to raise up Adedibu’s hand at a public gathering and declared that "Adebidu cannot be changed but managed."

He explained that since the problem in the state was self made, "until the people of the state are ready to free themselves from this self imposed ‘tin god’, there may not be any respite".

According to him, "Adedibu did not send any invitation to anybody and yet all who is who in the political arena in the country are trooping to his house for one political favour or the other, "therefore this is the time to pay back, and the old men should not be blamed but rather it is those who turned him to ‘tin god’ that needed to be appeased.

"Ironically when the devil gives you money, definitely there must be a prize, unfortunately the devil is going to request for the power in you. That is exactly what Adedibu is doing in Ibadan and the people seem to be helpless.

"Those who are trooping to his house at Molete in droves and earn their source of survival at the place will go to any length to protect the free food and money they are getting on a daily basis."

The Presidential candidate pointed out that the political logjam in the state did not start now, "it started long time ago. It was the same Adedibu that installed Kolapo Ishola, Ishola was wise enough to appease him till the end of his tenure, but Ladoja who claimed to be too wise was ridiculed out of office by the same man, before the court decided otherwise, Akala now has a choice either to continue to appease the ‘god of Molete’ and remain in office or do otherwise and face the consequences."

"Adedibu today is worth billions of naira which all these political big weight take to him in the cover of the night when they are desperate to have political power, therefore the time to pay back has come, unless the people of Oyo State stand up and say no to these gangsterism, the situation may remain unchanged," he explained

http://odili.net/news/source/2007/jul/5/507.html
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by Mamajama(m): 10:03pm On Jul 05, 2007
so if YAR ADUA fail in 4 years to curtail the crisis in OYO will you guys still be blaming OBJ?
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 10:26pm On Jul 05, 2007
My friend, the crisis in Oyo state will be resolved forever in few weeks.

Enough is enough, there is no way we can continue with these uneducated thugs in the office. We must present something more decent for the kids, the future of our nation to follow or to look up to; and definitely what we have in Oyo state today doesn't represent anything presentable.

This nonsense must end, people from Oyo state must regain or reclaim their state from the hands of thugs, who clearly have absolutely nothing to offer.

Believe me, this new administration is looking at this situation as we speak and I'm sure that very soon they will come up with a better method to disable these parasites forever.

Keep in mind that OBJ is gone and Ehindero is 100% disabled. There is no more obstacle, Oyo state must become free again and I can't wait to witness our brothers, sisters, mothers, fathers etc to go about their daily activities in peace.
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 10:38pm On Dec 31, 2007
Obasanjo caused all the problems in Ibadan in the last two years - Lekan Are
x | December 31, 2007

Chief Lekan Are, a member of the Central Council of Ibadan Indigenes (CCII) blamed ex- President Olusegun Obasanjo for the crises that rocked Ibadan, the Oyo State capital, in the last two years.

He said “Obasanjo caused all the problems, but now that he is no longer in power, we are expecting a change. We are calling on President Umaru Yar’Adua to do something urgent to arrest the situation.

“I must be frank with you, the police have not been fair to Ibadan people over the matter. The police know the thugs and those causing problems in the city, but they have refused to arrest them. “The trouble makers have continued to enjoy the protection of the law despite all the atrocities they have committed.

If the police arrest one or two them, the city will definitely know peace. “The police have not been fair to the people of Ibadan over the prolonged political crisis where a few individuals have been holding the whole of Ibadan to ransome and the police have not been helpful in the lingering political crisis rocking the town when those causing problems in the city have continued to enjoy the protection of the law.”

http://www.ngex.com/news/public/newsinfo.php?nid=5684#
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by BigB11(m): 10:40pm On Dec 31, 2007
I still feel that OBJ, Ehindero and Ribadu should be prosecuted heavily for destroying a peaceful lovely land, called Ibadan!
Re: Obj's Administration Should Be Held Responsible For The Tribulation In Oyo State by obongsokroni: 9:09pm On May 13, 2013
Vacancy! Vacancy!! Vacancy!!!
An experienced Baker and Miller are needed in a Bakery in Awka, SouthEast Nigeria. Accommodation is available.
Call: 08034958012, 08038858770, 08033734465.

(1) (2) (Reply)

UN Rejected US/UK Sanction On Mugabe / Another 6 School Kids Kidnapped In Aba 4 rescued / Share Your Experience Of The 51st Nigerian Indepencence Here From Various States

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.