Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,739 members, 7,817,035 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts (39959 Views)

Nigerians Amazed As N1billion Bugatti Veyron Land In Nigeria (Video) / $1.7million (n620million) Bugatti Veyron Spotted In Abuja Nigeria!!! / It Will Cost You ₦7.3m To Rent Bugatti Veyron For A Day,Price Of Honda Civic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Dorabolaji: 9:15am On Dec 07, 2019
It isn’t surprising that a hypercar as expensive as Bugatti Veyron would offer any less for its spare part replacement. To change the recommended fluids for Bugatti, it will be required of you to pay a huge sum of $25,000 (~N9 million) which is enough to get you a brand new SUV in Nigeria.

The reason for such high cost is because of the difficulty in getting access to the 16 drain plugs on the hypercars. This according to report is as twice the number of drain plugs on the luxury Lamborghini Huracan. Aside this, before the replacement can be done, it will be needed to take out the brakes, lining on the rear fender and the rear wheels, making this process tedious and time-consuming.

This is why buying a Bugatti Veyron might not be a problem for some but the cost of maintaining it will send many into huge financial debt. From EPA report, you will need $6,400 (~N2.3m) for the replacement of the turbochargers and an estimated $9,000 (~N3.3m) to pay for the labour.

To pay for the 2 air cooler, each goes for $9,000 (~N3.3m) and a combined labour fee of $4,000 (~1.5m). The camshaft adjusters will be replaced for $800 (~N290,000) per one but the labour fee for it is ridiculously expensive, priced at $21,000 (~N7.6m), since they will have to dissemble the engine.

It usually takes two to three years to change the tyres, according to the car manufacturer’s recommendation. This will also cost $38,000 (~N13.8m). Another replacement that could create financial hole in your pocket is the changing of the wheels, which should be done after 16,000 km (10,000 miles). From what we learnt, the owner will have to pay a whopping sum of $50,000 (~N18.1m).

For the mass airflow sensor, it goes for $200 (~N72,500), while the $20 (~N7,250) price tag is placed on the boost pressure sensors. Luckily, these are cheap in comparison to others but you will still pay a labour fee of $1,800 (~N652,500).

The 2 fuel rails cost is priced at $1,300 (~N471,250) each and a total of $7,200 (~N2.6m) to get them replaced. For the pair of fuel pumps, the automaker places a value of $3,400 (~N1.2m) on them.

At $9 per one, the camshaft position sensors are relatively cheap but the labour fee of getting them replaced is $7,200 (~N2.6m). The exhaust manifolds cost $2,000 (~N725,000) each and $22,000 (~N8m) for labour. The labour fee of $1,800 (~N652,500) per one is assigned to catalytic converters, priced at $6,700 (~2.4m). For the rest of exhaust system, it has a price tag of $12,000 (~N4.4m) and $3,600 (~N1.3m) for labour fee.

One last thing most owners try to avoid is the replacement of the fuel tank (26.4 gallons), which is priced at $20,000 (~N7.3m) and a replacement fee of $22,000 (~N8m).

The prices of these spare parts, labour force and the cost of buying the whole ride, make it an exclusive luxury car only for the rich.

https://naijauto.com/market-news/bugatti-veyron-replacement-cost-for-spare-parts-5652

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by khallebb(m): 9:46am On Dec 07, 2019
This car is a fvcking liability

194 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Nobody: 9:56am On Dec 07, 2019
khallebb:
This car is a fvcking liability

I think every property is a liability, even women. lol

Modified :- I didn't mean that in a ridiculous way guys, you think it is easy to maintain a woman?

167 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by mighty5050(m): 11:31am On Dec 07, 2019
Ah ah. Small money. That thing wey give me money buy am go also provide money for maintenance

71 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Forward77(m): 12:06pm On Dec 07, 2019
mighty5050:
Ah ah. Small money. That thing wey give me money buy am go also provide money for maintenance

116 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by timifakay(m): 2:22pm On Dec 07, 2019
Dorabolaji:
It isn’t surprising that a hypercar as expensive as Bugatti Veyron would offer any less for its spare part replacement. To change the recommended fluids for Bugatti, it will be required of you to pay a huge sum of $25,000 (~N9 million) which is enough to get you a brand new SUV in Nigeria.

Which SUV please?

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by fabienjoe: 12:03am On Dec 08, 2019
The reason footballers and other sportsmen go bankrupt soon after their careers. They acquire these ultra-expensive luxury items and property in their prime. Their short careers soon end and the liability these actually are manifests in its full glory. Bankruptcy follows..

141 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by tomasgreg91: 7:21am On Dec 08, 2019
ok
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Hypnotise: 7:21am On Dec 08, 2019
shocked
Expensive vehicle. Tire costing a whole SUV. Oh wow. The Chinese version will be cheaper to maintain.

35 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:21am On Dec 08, 2019
To change the recommended fluids for Bugatti, it w[b]ill be required of you to pay a huge sum of $25,000 (N9 million) which is enough to get you a brand new SUV in Nigeria.
To change fluid alone is 9 Million Naira?!

Big Boy's Toys!

19 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Homers123(m): 7:22am On Dec 08, 2019
Shogun laye ni? anyway person wey go buy such car go know say extra spending must to dey.

3 Likes

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by seedord247(m): 7:22am On Dec 08, 2019
timifakay:

Which SUV please?

Innoson!

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by fasho01(m): 7:22am On Dec 08, 2019
Expensive cars, expensive cost of maintenance..

1 Like

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Dottore: 7:22am On Dec 08, 2019
Ok
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by harmbhrosz(m): 7:23am On Dec 08, 2019
timifakay:

Which SUV please?
lol, he shouldn't have put that brand new grin

1 Like

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by drips8(m): 7:23am On Dec 08, 2019
An expensive vehicle will definitely cost expensive parts.

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Bizibi(m): 7:24am On Dec 08, 2019
Lamborghini or one of the Nissan sport cars is better to own. Liability like this will be driven once a month.

11 Likes

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:24am On Dec 08, 2019
seedord247:

Innoson!
Haba, why now bros?!

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by skyhighweb(m): 7:24am On Dec 08, 2019
just passing, dont wanna comment n people will say i poor

1 Like

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Slammmmmmmm(m): 7:25am On Dec 08, 2019
timifakay:

Which SUV please?

Sports Utility Vehicle
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Mightyhaiz: 7:25am On Dec 08, 2019
I dey crase?

I rather make 9 families naira millionaires with that 9m. And detail them to remit at least 20k to me every month,with which to assist random youths with their education or biz venture every month

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by frowland(m): 7:26am On Dec 08, 2019
okorotalkative:

I think every property is a liability, even women. lol

Hope this is a joke right?

1 Like

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by EzeAmusu(m): 7:26am On Dec 08, 2019
Some will say I have poverty mentality.

But all na still vanity upon vanity which is equal to vanity.

18 Likes

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by Psyrus(m): 7:26am On Dec 08, 2019
I hear you
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by MrFly(m): 7:27am On Dec 08, 2019
the devil is a liar
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by mrvitalis(m): 7:27am On Dec 08, 2019
timifakay:

Which SUV please?
Ml350
Venza
Lexus Rx
Highlander
Lx570 2014 down
Honda crv
Accura zdx and Rex
Toyota Prado 2015 down
Mercedes gl class 2015 down

Should I name more ?

34 Likes

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by edwardjoseph: 7:28am On Dec 08, 2019
Vanity cruel where Una dey oh
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by thundafire: 7:28am On Dec 08, 2019
mighty5050:
no go bet carry all dey money buy am come look like sowore
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by luluosas(m): 7:28am On Dec 08, 2019
Congratulations to the super car owners. Money really missed road

1 Like

Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by bewla(m): 7:29am On Dec 08, 2019
my life my world
Re: Bugatti Veyron Reveals Shocking Replacement Costs For Its Spare Parts by okpalaAnambra: 7:30am On Dec 08, 2019
fabienjoe:
The reason footballers and other sportsmen go bankrupt soon after their careers. They acquire these ultra-expensive luxury items and property in their prime. Their short careers soon end and the liability these actually are manifests in its full glory. Bankruptcy follows..
Wise ones should sell them off after retirement

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

5 Best Kept Secrets Your Mechanic Doesn’t Want You To Know / What Is The Difference Between SOHC And DOHC Engines And Which Is Better? / Motorized Three-Wheel Tricycle Spotted In Onitsha (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.