Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS (31564 Views)

Reno Omokri: Jonathan’s Reaction To Sowore’s Detention By Buhari Government / FFK Reacts To Sowore’s Arrest: "He's Not My Friend, He Defamed Me, But..." / #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by Codedrock(m): 12:38pm On Dec 07, 2019
farouk2much:
Aj surfers second defeat from ruiz
"AJ reclaims title from Ruiz after Knockout"
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by Slynation(m): 12:39pm On Dec 07, 2019
lonelydora:
This is no longer funny and i feel for Sowore.

Do you guys still remember when same court granted Nnamdi Kanu bail and DSS blatantly refused to release him.

When Igbos protested, other tribes asked us to shut up that he's a terrorist. That we are insulting the Federal Republic of Nigeria and it's good-loving citizens. They also turned blind eyes to the desecration of the judiciary by PMB and his cabal.

See ehhh, Tyrants have no friends. This thing is turn by turn.

Who knows the next person to taste this tyranny.
Well said dear....Reason why some people are still silent about this matter, cos of this Nigerian habit of operation PhDs (pull him down syndrome) NK cautioned against this same gwavanment (in buhuri's voice) but they all shouted crucify him, crucify him on top of their voices, Sowore should have known better Nigeria ain't a Country worth fighting or dying for, he just embarked on a futile journey, what a pity...
But some of his kinsmen is calling him a National Hero while Nnamdi Kanu is a Global Terrorist, ain't this sect of people wonderful....?? Lol grin maybe we will learn one or two from this brutal behaviour been displayed by this nefarious gwavanment

Ndi ara Ndi ara!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by Neurotika: 12:42pm On Dec 07, 2019
Dmanky:

Well researched and analyzed....Thanks. pls can I copy n paste on my fb wall.

No problem
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by Viking007(m): 12:43pm On Dec 07, 2019
Neurotika:
The problem with this country is more fundamental than it appears. The citizens don't speak with one voice so the so called democracy is dead on arrival. Take for instance this Sowore issue, we're now divided into four major factions.

1. The ones who still support Buhari despite all his excesses
2. The ones who don't support him but are still filled with ire how their 'kinsman' Jonathan was booted out of office. Even though at the time, he was performing awfully which left Nigerians with no choice.
3. The ones who initially supported Buhari due to the excesses of Jonathan but later realized the former is even worse. These are the few open minded ones with no blind loyalty to any particular individual but driven by sheer desire for the Country's prosperity.
4. The indifferent ones who are probably doing well financially and don't really care about the political happenings in the country.

Since the citizens aren't speaking with one voice, the ruling aristocrats can afford to be reckless cos they will always have citizens in these four factions who'll fight their own fellows to ensure the tyranny continues.

And it's in this mess Sowore finds himself. He evidently means well but he's fighting a cause only him can't achieve alone and needs the support of the majority. Unfortunately there is no sane and favorable majority. They all fiddle while Rome burns.
Perfectly written.
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by IAMJojo(m): 12:52pm On Dec 07, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
sad lipsrsealed embarassed undecided sad angry undecided may Nigeria pharaoh and his DSS perish in their wickedness. The Pharaoh we see today,may we not see him again undecided lipsrsealed wink angry angry
oga this one dea gidigba till 2023 oo,u go still c am plenty times
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by Treasure17(m): 12:56pm On Dec 07, 2019
Only irrational being will justify what happened yesterday.
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by greatermeme: 1:04pm On Dec 07, 2019
StacyO:
It is not right in every sense of judgement.
Not in any way! It infuriates me that this is happening in the 21st Century: But, I've not seen anybody violently taking to the streets! During the military era, there were pocket violence and protests by civilians to right some wrongs by the then POWER THAT BE! I think, that revolution is about to come! Whoever the gods want to kill, they'll first and foremost, make him deaf!

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by Boyooosa(m): 1:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
DSS might be unprofessional in their approach but watch it, Sowore will put himself into trouble; his families and friends just like the way Nunu did.
Falana should advise him better, he knows better...before the lousy boy involves him the way many involved his lawyer that is on the run now...
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by greatermeme: 1:08pm On Dec 07, 2019
Boyooosa:
DSS might be unprofessional in their approach but watch it, Sowore will put himself into trouble; his families and friends just like the way Nunu did.
Taken a should advise him better, he knows better...before the lousy boy involves him the way many involved his lawyer that is on the run now...
You speak in parables!
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by Nobody: 1:14pm On Dec 07, 2019
lonelydora:
This is no longer funny and i feel for Sowore.

Do you guys still remember when same court granted Nnamdi Kanu bail and DSS blatantly refused to release him.

When Igbos protested, other tribes asked us to shut up that he's a terrorist. That we are insulting the Federal Republic of Nigeria and it's good-loving citizens. They also turned blind eyes to the desecration of the judiciary by PMB and his cabal.

See ehhh, Tyrants have no friends. This thing is turn by turn.

Who knows the next person to taste this tyranny.
Since you spoke my mind in the most articulate manner; you are wise.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by NaMeAboki: 1:19pm On Dec 07, 2019
It is a matter of technicality: I remember the British govt did something like that in the early 80's or late 70's against a notorious I.R.A. fugitive or criminal.

The MI5 brought their captive and released in court as ordered but immediately re-arrested him outside the court premises - technically no one could fault them and presumably so the DSS, even though they may have botched their case by initially trying to re-arrest Sowore within the court..
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by orunto27: 1:21pm On Dec 07, 2019
No one can thwart The Will of God.
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by JJOF(m): 1:38pm On Dec 07, 2019
johnkey:
That shameless bbq guy thinks otherwise
#impeachbuhari
That guy is seriously annoying. No BMC will come here to comment now. I'm very sure that mannabbq is on Buhari's payroll

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by chukwuibuipob: 1:38pm On Dec 07, 2019
IAMJojo:

oga this one dea gidigba till 2023 oo,u go still c am plenty times
d old man dey fuk up real big time.God removed Abacha.Even Abacha own nor reach diz Daura own.
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by lizdammy: 1:39pm On Dec 07, 2019
Kai
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by AkupeMBANO(m): 1:51pm On Dec 07, 2019
Iamgrey5:
He is the first elected official in Nigeria to criticize the barbaric act of the DSS.
But you are right.
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by SeaUrchin(f): 1:54pm On Dec 07, 2019
God do love us. You don't expect him to come from heaven to rule us,he instill that leadership qualities in us t rule over ourselves. Nigeria our country needs good citizens and leaders not the ones that criticize the economy instead of bringing out possible solutions to our problems. So the mentality of 'God dont love us' is not true

agbangam:
God doesn't love Nigerians because how can one explain how God in his infinite mercy gave us the best of Natural resources, Mineral resources but chose to punish us with horrible men and women as leaders since independence. Yaradua that would have done better, God allow death to take him from us, God ended up giving us a man that doesn't see stealing as corruption. Now we don get the one wey no sabi obey court order or believe in Rule of Law. I just confuse undecided
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by kleverley(m): 1:56pm On Dec 07, 2019
agbangam:
God doesn't love Nigerians because how can one explain how God in his infinite mercy gave us the best of Natural resources, Mineral resources but chose to punish us with horrible men and women as leaders since independence. Yaradua that would have done better, God allow death to take him from us, God ended up giving us a man that doesn't see stealing as corruption. Now we don get the one wey no sabi obey court order or believe in Rule of Law. I just confuse undecided

God didn't choose buhari for us.
Some Nigerians chose him.Even the bible preaches against change,but some people were easily carried away by the sweet words he used to deceive them.
Worst is, the loyal servants and beneficiaries will bash you even when they see the wrongdoing of the government.
It's sad that we've allowed sentiments cloud our judgements.

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by praz001(m): 1:57pm On Dec 07, 2019
For the first time ever Nigerians have come in on voice to condecondemn a barbaric action..

Irrespective of our affiliation.....
Rightly what we need for a better Nigeria....

With one voice we shall surely overcome...
The generation of law disobedience shall be whipped out...

GOD BLESS NIGERIANS..
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by Nobody: 2:05pm On Dec 07, 2019
Jeezuzpick:

Do you know the man is a Federal Legislator?
I hope you do.
Who doesn't know ?
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by MadCow1: 2:11pm On Dec 07, 2019
Vacora:

I am afraid it was an unlawful arrest. It is not legal either due to the flagrant abuse of due process. There were no reasonable grounds provided at scene and the necessity to do it during a live court hearing is frowned on all over the world. Also what offence exactly? Shouldn’t his legal team be made privy of these fathom charges so it can be challenged in court?

Abuse of the system? DEFINTELY.. Illegal? I don't think so..

They apparently took him in on a separate matter. Now his Lawyers have to go through the same hurdles again to secure his release on said new charges.

I use to be a supporter of Buhari, but I think even he himself is pushing it on this Sowore matter. The more the FG keeps playing these games, the worse it will get. This isn't like the Dasuki or Kanu matter. Sowore like Kanu isn't going anywhere.. Fighting him in this manner lends fuel to his fire. If he dies in their custody, this shit will surely hit the fan.

The Judiciary also needs to take a stance. How can the DSS invade a courtroom to effect an arrest in the middle of an ongoing session.

Nigeria matter tire me sha..

#CountryForSale..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by Kuginzi: 3:07pm On Dec 07, 2019
TenthMan:

To be who they have been. Timid. Docile. Bringing up sentiments (religious, political, age, gender, wealth/class, tribe, etc)in decision taking. Believing stupidly that because they support an individual/party, the individual cannot go wrong.

Nothing more really.
You've said it all. Nobody is above mistake. Quality of a good leader is the ability to admit to mistakes and taking to correction and advise

1 Like

Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by LabDNA: 4:29pm On Dec 07, 2019
The ones who wanted Buhari to kill Kanu and mocked Easterners then are now lamenting against the same action meted to Sowore.

What a wonderful world. grin
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by webngnews: 4:34pm On Dec 07, 2019
True
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by Nobody: 5:30pm On Dec 07, 2019
TenthMan:

It is because Nigerians (we) are cowards.
Simple but painful fact
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by VanSARS: 5:56pm On Dec 07, 2019
WNRblog:
Politician-cum- businessman Akin Alabi has reacted to to the rearrest of the convener of RevolutionNow protest, Omoyele Sowore by the Department of State Services (DSS), Igbere TV reports.

Instead of Reading Naija News i prefer listening to Good Naija Songs Biko ooooo

https://mobile.twitter.com/akinalabi/status/1202928414363176961
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by ChoCho54(f): 6:13pm On Dec 07, 2019
chukwuibuipob:
sad lipsrsealed embarassed undecided sad angry undecided may Nigeria pharaoh and his DSS perish in their wickedness. The Pharaoh we see today,may we not see him again undecided lipsrsealed wink angry angry
Your wailing has just started. Didn't we warn you ZBs?
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by ChoCho54(f): 6:14pm On Dec 07, 2019
helinues:
Abi... Its good that people are standing for justice irrespective of party affiliations
..and romantic affiliations.
Re: Akin Alabi Reacts To Sowore’s Rearrest By DSS by helinues: 6:18pm On Dec 07, 2019
ChoCho54:
..and romantic affiliations.

Back off trollers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2021: Full Text Of Buhari’s New Year Message To Nigerians / Boyelayefa Debekeme, Alari, Tobiyei Attacked By Thugs In Bayelsa today (Pics) / Ben Murray-Bruce With His Parents In Hawaii In 1974 At The Age Of 18 (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.