Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,394 members, 7,815,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation (50250 Views)

The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria / Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here / Igbanke From Edo State To Delta State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by omoge(f): 9:56pm On Aug 16, 2007
Nice one cheesy @ dimka
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 12:16pm On Aug 17, 2007
Dimka

that is so touching cry grin
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by ajadrage: 12:51pm On Aug 18, 2007
Great Edo. Una no see am, no matter how we dey bicker and fight, all na for the greater good of the greater number. Some no go understand, but naim make dem never fit stand. But those that identify with the roots, na up naim their stars go dey shoot dey go. Great Edo, no matter the lingua, I still call you my brother, even if the name na Franca, if you be from the homeland, you're still my sister.

Great Edo, na one we be aaight smiley
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 7:25pm On Aug 20, 2007
Dimka that was a nice one. Londoner that clip was hot.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by PawPaw3(m): 9:43am On Aug 21, 2007
That clip should be preserved for posterity. Sadly our children will only see them on Youtube. Gone are the days when as a young man I would listen intently to where such sound was coming from and run like Ben Johnson to join the fun.
I thought it was against our custom for women to watch those acrobatics? Hahaha times have changed indeed. Great clip and thanks for the link.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kelon: 5:27pm On Aug 21, 2007
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by PawPaw3(m): 12:53am On Aug 24, 2007
@kelon
Yes yes yes since I found the first link I've not left Youtube hahaha. I have some VHS, am having problems digitizing it. I will surely upload some dances and movies for posterity.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Nobody: 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2007
@PAW PAW,
Soooo you bi EDO man, ehhhhhhhhm, ok!!!!!!
I talk am long long long time sey!!!!.
Any thing wee snake born must dey long,
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by omoge(f): 12:40am On Aug 26, 2007
I'm curious o do secondary school people pay school fees in Edo state public schools?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by PawPaw3(m): 10:31pm On Aug 26, 2007
@willywilly
You no know where Ghana forum dey. Wetin you dey do for Edo thread, no be Ibo you say you be abi na Ghanain?
Omo Ghana willywilly how you dey self?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 29, 2007
@PAW PAW,
The resurrection of MR PAW PAW,,
Soo PAW PAW, U still dey alive .
how body dey.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by anney(f): 12:41pm On Aug 29, 2007
wa doo , bodiaye ,onegbe,. i am from Ekpoma{ishan} born and bread in ibadan . good 2 see u here .
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 29, 2007
cheesy
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Nobody: 7:04pm On Aug 29, 2007
Paw-Paw:

@willywilly
You no know where Ghana forum dey. Wetin you dey do for Edo thread, no be Ibo you say you be abi na Ghanain?
Omo Ghana willywilly how you dey self?

KOOOL
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by tete(f): 12:46pm On Sep 03, 2007
Edo people una doo o! Bodiaye? I'm from Ekpoma. Edo people are very warm, funny, witty, full of life, I guess thats why we're called the heartbeat of the nation. Despite the problems in our state, our people always find a way of making themselves happy and living life to the fullest. We excel and continue to excel in different areas. Edo people are smart and intelligent infact notin do una wink
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Nobody: 6:42pm On Sep 03, 2007
@tete,
why we dey call EDO STATE Heart beat of the nation bi sey,
Any time people dey cross Edo state, dem HEART go dey beat, because dem dey afraid make THIEVES or
ARMED ROBBERS no come ROB them.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 8:45pm On Sep 03, 2007
It is because Edo State is a gangster and hustlers State. It's the State where it all happens. You don't have to speak any Edo language to survive

the state, all you need is your pidgin english, and you are on. It's either you love it or hate it.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by cyl(f): 4:33pm On Sep 04, 2007
Edo nuwa, wa koyo o.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 4:59pm On Oct 24, 2007
Next EDO NATIONAL CONVENTION 2008

When: August 29st - September 1st 2008

I am so looking forward to that. Last one was really fun, lots of young Edo youths. Don't miss the next one.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Etin(f): 11:34am On Oct 26, 2007
kojeiwa:

Next EDO NATIONAL CONVENTION 2008

When: August 29st - September 1st 2008

I am so looking forward to that. Last one was really fun, lots of young Edo youths. Don't miss the next one.

What format does the convention take I would like to know. I just might attend.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 5:09pm On Oct 26, 2007
The convention is usually done a Hotel ball room. You can either stay at the same hotel or stay at hotel nearby.

Friday August 29th will be the welcome Party

Saturday, August 30th is the actual convention. The Edo youth will do a cultural dance and all kind of various activities.

Sunday, August 31st is the BIG party

Monday Sept 1st, people are helding back home.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by asada(m): 7:02pm On Dec 01, 2007
HEY EVERYONE!!!.DID I HEAR EDO IN THE BUILDING!!!.YEAH BABY.I AM ETSAKO,I UNDERSTAND ALOT BUT SPEAK A SENSIBLY LITTLE AMOUNT.AT LEAST I CAN NEVER GET HUNGRY IF I WAS DROPPED IN A VILLAGE.AMEN!!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by janami(f): 7:32pm On Dec 01, 2007
hi. representing okpella. smiley Etsako
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 4:58pm On Dec 03, 2007
We dey here o.

Learn more about Edo State at

www.edostate.gov.ng/home.html
www.edo-nation.net
www.edowomen.org

Also check out Wikipedia.com and type Edo State on the search field.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 5:05pm On Dec 17, 2007
What Edo song is moving Benin City as of today. I went to a wedding last week and I

heard this Christian Marriage and Party song i really love. Part of the chorus was

" I love my Darling, I love you Gedegbe"

Does anyone knows who sang it and the name of the song? THanks
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by babycool(f): 11:36am On Dec 31, 2007
I represent,
Afemai Uwa mo-oh!!! grin cheesy
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 1:03am On Jan 01, 2008
Live from Agenegbode!!!!!!!!

Una dooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!!!!! cool
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by tonia2000(f): 12:19pm On Jan 04, 2008
I'm from Etsako East LG, Agenegbode.One love cool
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by ginger1(f): 9:16pm On Jan 05, 2008
my boyfriend is from Edo ( thos he's fucking up now) but he's really a great guy and respects himself n odas most of the time. I 'd love to know all Edo guys r like dat. peace to Edoshians or what u guys call urselves.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by naijawebe(m): 9:50pm On Jan 05, 2008
This is a wonderful thread going on here. If you’re here to discuss the issues affecting us Edos, i.e. Edo state, please stay put, but if you are here to discuss personal issues (Tribal Sentiments), it will be best that you leave, and let those of us who feel very strongly about our state discuss and talk about the things that affects us all.
TOPIC: Please talk about the present Govt. and what good he’s done since the inauguration of his government. The last time I was in Nigeria, and was in Benin City the capital, the city was such in a deplorable state that I had to go and live with a friend in Abuja. I was told that the Oba was also conniving with the then Obese Governor Igbinedion. All hands should be on deck. We should not sing the praises of those who have thrown this wonderful state into chaos. We are not called the heart beat of Nigeria for nothing; we were so named because all parts of Nigeria are included in the state. The major tribes: Ibo, Yoruba, and Hausa, and flair of the wonderful people of Edos. We are always peace loving and very unassuming. But being peace loving is now been used against us by successive govts, to them, we are scared to talk and act, which invariably seems to be the case. For Edo state to be the most underdeveloped state in Nigeria is abysmal to say the least. We do not need any Oba to tell us what to do, but a good government to give us what we need and want: good roads, good pipe borne water, and salary for the hardworking people of Edo state. The only good thing going for Edo state is our past glory. The good work of the two former governors, Ogbemudia and Ambrose Alli who was highly hated by the binis for taking a university to Ekpoma. If he hadn’t done that, we would have been left with only UNIBEN today. We now know the good work Alli did. We were unable to question the governor who pillaged the wealth of the state and made them his. The good and wonderful people of Edo state should speak out please, for if don’t, we may be scared for life. “You only live once”. I have had to stop going those Edo conventions Kojeiwa talked about, because nothing of significant importance is always discussed. When you try to talk about the failing govt. in Edo state - -they almost in unison shuts you down which is pathetic. After those years of Ogbemudia and Allis administration, the state is worse than what it used to be 20 years ago. What progress have we made? Absolutely none.
We should use this medium to send a strong message to the present Governor that we will no longer lie low again! We do expect the best from him. He is an intellectual and a law professor at that. The state allocation from the Federal Govt should be used wisely and not to line people’s pockets as Igbinedion did. “A word is enough for the wise” I will leave you my people with these little sayings of our elders:

“WHERE WE LOVE IS HOME--- HOME THAT OUR FEET MAY LEAVE, BUT NOT OUR HEARTS”
“FREEDOM IS A POWERFUL ANIMAL THAT FIGHTS THE BARRIERS, AND SOMETIMES MAKES PEOPLE WISH FOR HIGHER FENCES”
“START BY DOING WHAT’s NECESSARY, THEN WHAT’S POSSIBLE, AND SUDDENLY, YOU ARE DOING THE IMPOSSIBLE”
Thanks Kojiewa for this wonderful thread.
May the Almighty God be with you my Edo people in particular and Nigeria in general.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 12:13am On Jan 06, 2008
Currently visiting Benin-City for the weekend and Osh Kosh Bigosh!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked  The place is an eyesore!!!! cry  This ancient city of red sands is just as appalling as the name "Igbinedion"!!!!!

May God help us all!!!!

UNIBEN looks fine!!!!!  GREAT UNIBEN!!!!  God bless VC Anaoh and VC Nwanze  No more okada riders in my alma mater!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by niceuzor: 4:18am On Jan 07, 2008
almondjoy - Sista Koyo,Ob Owa Vbè ore 'nì rue "Just Curious" wink
Men i'm missing my home town, B.Side cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sango Olukoso / I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases / Machete Passes Through Man's Stomach, During Cultural Display In Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.