Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,360 members, 7,815,766 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:59 PM

If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation (50248 Views)

The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria / Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here / Igbanke From Edo State To Delta State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Raymond88(m): 4:27am On Jan 07, 2008
Is there a language course here?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 1:14pm On Jan 07, 2008
niceuzor:

almondjoy - Sista Koyo,Ob Owa Vbè ore 'nì rue "Just Curious" wink
Men i'm missing my home town, B.Side cry

O te wven ooooooooooooooooo?  "I am fine."! smiley  It is nice to be around the ancient city again.  Nice driving through "Ring Road".  Forestry, Mission, Saponba, Akpakpava, Plymouth, and Wire roads again.

Iyaro is as mad as ever with all the motor parks.  The road side "ikpekere" (plantain chips) is fantastic down here.

Well you are not missing much.  It is still peaceful and the people are still as loving and friendly as ever even in the hardship.  You need a vacation yourself. kiss
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by aloib(f): 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2008
almond joy kiss kiss kiss how farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, greet agenebode for me o, lol
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 1:27pm On Jan 07, 2008
aloib:

almond joy kiss kiss kiss how farrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, greet agenebode for me o, lol

Hello dearie!!! kiss  Happy New Year!!!  Agenegbode greets you body and soul!!!

It is great to be home so I can have my butt wiped for a change having wiped so many butts in "Bushland"!!!!! cheesy
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by laudate: 11:48am On Jan 08, 2008
almondjoy:

Currently visiting Benin-City for the weekend and Osh Kosh Bigosh!!! shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked The place is an eyesore!!!! cry This ancient city of red sands is just as appalling as the name "Igbinedion"!!!!!

May God help us all!!!!

UNIBEN looks fine!!!!! GREAT UNIBEN!!!! God bless VC Anaoh and VC Nwanze No more okada riders in my alma mater!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Honestly, Igbinedion should be prosecuted and thrown into jail without any hope of parole! He came, he saw and he did nothing! And Edo is supposed to be an oil producing state. Chei! shocked

Look at Cross Rivers state whose federal allocation is similar to that of Edo, at least Duke tried to leave Tinapa and Obudu cattle ranch behind as a legacy for his people, to show that he did something no matter how small for the people of Calabar. What did Igbinedion leave behind? Hiss* angry
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 1:40pm On Jan 08, 2008
laudate:

Honestly, Igbinedion should be prosecuted and thrown into jail without any hope of parole! He came, he saw and he did nothing! And Edo is supposed to be an oil producing state. Chei! shocked

Look at Cross Rivers state whose federal allocation is similar to that of Edo, at least Duke tried to leave Tinapa and Obudu cattle ranch behind as a legacy for his people, to show that he did something no matter how small for the people of Calabar. What did Igbinedion leave behind? Hiss* angry

Happy new year Laudate.

Benin-City is an eyesore I swear. But the good news is that it is no worse than 99% of other parts of Nigeria. All areas are retrogressing together in unison. Nigerian matters I have committed to God this year. Frankly, I am no longer interested. I just stop by for a village getaway once in a while and that is it. If the whole country looks like a village, I might as well hide in Agenegbode.

As for Lucky Igbinedion and co, politics is not really on my agenda for this year. I have a family to think about.

Once again, happy new year and see you around. kiss
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by ehie007(m): 4:06pm On Jan 08, 2008
Am from Edo State.
Ubiaja is my town
pls anyone from Ubiaja should hala me, av not been there before all my life. the farthest av been is benin, wasnt impressed when i got to benin was looking like a big village.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by RichyBlacK(m): 8:59pm On Jan 08, 2008
I love Edo people. They're very lively, never dull and uncompromisingly optimistic. Oba a to kpe. Ise.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 11:08pm On Jan 08, 2008
http://saharareporters.com/arrestwarrant.php

http://saharareporters.com/Court%20Charges%20Against%20Luck%20Igbinedion.htm

RichyBlacK:

I love Edo people. They're very lively, never dull and uncompromisingly optimistic. Oba a to kpe. Ise.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! undecided Are you sure? sad
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by mailmalc(m): 4:12am On Jan 09, 2008
HEY ! ! ! EEVBIO Mwen WA KO YOR grin lol

dont mind the spellings . . . been on NL for quite sometime 'always on the music and radio forum' . i'm Edo too , specifically the Edo South (Esan) Uromi but i'm reppin Benin-City till infinity cos thats where i live.

It feels great to be around my people here on NL wink
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by RichyBlacK(m): 8:22pm On Jan 09, 2008
almondjoy:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!!!! undecided Are you sure? sad

almondjoy, how far? Why the cynicism? Edo people are nice!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by holythug(m): 8:33pm On Jan 09, 2008
i tink naija has a heart attack
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 9:12pm On Jan 09, 2008
@holything

So why that on Edo forum? Na only Edo be Naija?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 3:23pm On Jan 18, 2008
RichyBlacK:

almondjoy, how far? Why the cynicism? Edo people are nice!

And who said we are not nice?  I was just referring to our darling Lucky Igbinedion and his financial escapades.   I guess we can say "some" are not nice.

One thing is certain though.  Edo state just does not attract "progress".  Most of the indigenes are way too laid back or should I say docile. undecided  Looking at the whole of Edo State, you can compare it to a "wastland".  Not one single tourist attraction to write home about.  I do not know if there is anything worth mentioning that would attract a visitor to stay in Edo State overnight.   

Yes, the people are nice and I prefer them to any other ethic group in Nigeria, not because I am from there but because they are generally a peace loving people.  cool  I guess every ethic group has it's pros and cons!

What a shame!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 5:03pm On Jan 18, 2008
For those of you who went home for the Christmas Holiday, can you please tell us your

experience in Benin City, being that you haven't been their in a while.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 7:52am On Jan 20, 2008
kojeiwa:

For those of you who went home for the Christmas Holiday, can you please tell us your

experience in Benin City, being that you haven't been their in a while.

I spent 3 days in Benin-City and glad to say it was very peaceful.  Just did not like the village-like environment.  Too depressing for me.  The roads are horrible and most people looked sad and frustrated. My greatest shock was the domestic airport at Airport Road.   That brought me to tears because the same gate to the entrance of the airport is still the same like it was since I was in Primary school---Emotan Primary School.  The baggage claim area had little or no electricity!   Nothing of aesthetic appeal to make you realize that you are at an airport.  It looked more like an abandoned farm house!

PCHN was off and on and I was scared that the eggs for breakfast would hatch overnight and little chickens would wake us all up at night having escaped from the refrigerator to start crawling all over the kitchen floor  into the bedrooms, because of the level of humidity in the refrigerator. cheesy  I decided not to do eggs at all--to play it safe to avoid salmonella poison.

Thanks to Lucky Igbenidion.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by RichyBlacK(m): 10:20am On Jan 20, 2008
almondjoy:

And who said we are not nice? I was just referring to our darling Lucky Igbinedion and his financial escapades. I guess we can say "some" are not nice.

One thing is certain though. Edo state just does not attract "progress". Most of the indigenes are way too laid back or should I say docile. undecided Looking at the whole of Edo State, you can compare it to a "wastland". Not one single tourist attraction to write home about. I do not know if there is anything worth mentioning that would attract a visitor to stay in Edo State overnight.

Yes, the people are nice and I prefer them to any other ethic group in Nigeria, not because I am from there but because they are generally a peace loving people. cool I guess every ethic group has it's pros and cons!

What a shame!

@almondjoy, I hope you trip to Nigeria was fine.

From my own observation of my Edo relatives and friends, too many of them seem to dislike the idea of regularly visiting home Those visits are good because they most times motivate people to effect change. From Lagos to Los Angeles, Abuja to Atlanta, most hardly visit home.

Just my fifty-kobo.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 1:25pm On Jan 20, 2008
RichyBlacK:

@almondjoy, I hope you trip to Nigeria was fine.

From my own observation of my Edo relatives and friends, too many of them seem to dislike the idea of regularly visiting home Those visits are good because they most times motivate people to effect change. From Lagos to Los Angeles, Abuja to Atlanta, most hardly visit home.

Just my fifty-kobo.

Maybe you are right.  My stay in Benin-city was peaceful like I said earlier.  It is just a very depressing place to spend an entire vacation.  I do not believe in the "fetish" myth if that is what you are driving at.  Since the place looked like a "war torn village", I preferred to camp out at Agenegbode--for the real village "peaceful thrill", without the dorty and nonsensical traffic.  I just wanted to visit GREAT UNIBEN again, and I was glad that I did.  Brought back GREAT MEMORIES. cool--First boyfriend and the likes.

I also visited the "tree" where I buried my hymenal tag as mother nature required!--It had grown many nice little "flowering plants"! cheesy

I even visited all my former hostels--on and off campuses.  My younger sister's secondary school, Federal Govt. Girls' College, Benin-City was just down the street.  It was a joy to see those places again.

Thanks for asking! kiss
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kenypumpin: 12:35am On Jan 28, 2008
obokian
eniwokian
na so we edo de speak am one my people
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 2:18pm On Jan 28, 2008
I cant believe its the same kojeiwa that started that foolish thread on booty

Anyways thank goodness he aint from my own hometown, benin people usually have problems sef

im not even surprised.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 7:18pm On Jan 28, 2008
@Gamine

This is a thread for Edo folks and to discuss Edo related issues. Thread should be for 18 and above only

not for under age people. Obviously you look under 18, i think that calls for your immaturity.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 8:16pm On Jan 28, 2008
YAAAAAY

I look younger than my age!!!!!!! 4years off me, aint bad oo

grin grin grin grin grin

Mr man,

I am Edo
And this is An Edo related issue, except u aint Edo o, imposter

YOU are a stinking issue!
You make me dislike Edo guys,
being so shallow talking abt Booty
Your a fool, worse than an slowpoke
Idioto!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by pahtahkee: 8:25pm On Jan 28, 2008
Gamine:

YOU are a stinking issue!

Gamine:
being so shallow

Gamine:
Your a fool,

Gamine:
worse than an slowpoke

Gamine:
Idioto!

All on one guy. shocked grin grin
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 8:36pm On Jan 28, 2008
lol

i hate venting like that

but i think he deserves it! tongue

He dared to call me Immature,
i mean from someone who opened a thread on size of bootys!!! shocked

Kai, such an insult! angry
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by pahtahkee: 8:47pm On Jan 28, 2008
grin grin grin grin

Abeg take am easy oh Gamine.

Remember: He who angers you, controls you. wink

But seriously, I love the way you post now, than when you first started posting. You have really doubled with more understanding and great wisdom!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 9:06pm On Jan 28, 2008
@Gamine,

O.k, if you an Edo, and want to post comment on this thread, let it be an Edo issues and behave yourself.

Whatever you or I post on other thread has nothing to do with this thread. If you want to make comment about

the booty thread i posted on the romance forum, go there and confront me, not on this thread.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 10:29pm On Jan 28, 2008
Viewing Gamine's profile!
Chai!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! lipsrsealed

Na wa oooooooooooooooooooooh!

No wonder na so so preach she dey preach for Nairaland! cheesy

Viewing Kojeiwa's profile!
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!  Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm!   
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! tongue  Na wah oooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!  Quite a hunk I must say.  Thank God you be my brother! cheesy  You are so cute! You for post your picture since now. I no for dey fight you since! cheesy

@pahtahkee
Your own picture profile na die! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by romeo(m): 10:39pm On Jan 28, 2008
half igbo half Bini wink
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 10:51pm On Jan 28, 2008
@Almondjoy

Thanks for the compliment!!!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 11:19pm On Jan 28, 2008
kojeiwa:

@Almondjoy

Thanks for the compliment!!!

You are welcome hon'!

romeo:

half igbo half Bini wink

Oh yeah? Now post your picture let us see if you are really half bini! tongue
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by naijawebe(m): 1:53am On Jan 29, 2008
Why all these insults. Isn't this forum for mature individuals to rob minds and discuss what affects us all the most. Remember one of our kind came up with this idea by the name Seun. Please forget about the attacks and let us cheer up. If a thread is posted and you're not interested or has no relevant to your core belief, then do not reply or make issues out of it. We are civilized and educated citizens folks, and please lets behave like one.

My only two Pence.
LONG LIVE NIGERIA AND THE PEOPLE OF EDO STATE.
Thanks
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by idygee: 9:28am On Jan 29, 2008
Dalby na from Edo state now, wey am!!!! lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sango Olukoso / I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases / Machete Passes Through Man's Stomach, During Cultural Display In Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.