Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,401 members, 7,815,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation (50251 Views)

The Weird World Of Teenage Cultists In Edo State Nigeria / Which Village Are You From? Represent Your Village Here / Igbanke From Edo State To Delta State. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by ruffbob(m): 5:07pm On Jan 30, 2008
bros n sis in d house i non go fail 2 show myself 4 dis place cos na Bleep if non show face cos 4 bad tin to happen rain go fall and who eva do any how go see any hw cos we dey hot lik fire wit enough efizen in de house we too much.

4 my old boy bo dia ye (esan)

Esan-i-gbedo

Oba gha tor kpere, ise 4 my old girl (bini)
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by romeo(m): 5:44pm On Jan 30, 2008
almondjoy:

Oh yeah? Now post your picture let us see if you are really half bini! tongue

No way!!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 6:01pm On Jan 30, 2008
romeo:

No way!!

No problem na! We already know what you may look like! tongue
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by mailmalc(m): 4:09am On Feb 01, 2008
dont have time for this yet - but i'll be back soon. u know how we do in the code 0 5 2 - benin city , naija
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Hero(m): 9:14pm On Feb 01, 2008
I have a question. Why is it that the Edo people allowed their ancient city's historical architectural foundations of moats and Walls and more go to crap? I visited Benin City and I was extremely disappointed to see that the people didn't preserve any of that stuff as the Asians, South and Central Americans and Europeans have done theirs.

Do you know how much tourism would have been pouring into your region if you'd showed more pride in your ancestors achievements and took care of their works as they entrusted in you to do. Allowing that stuff to crumble to dust was unbelievable disgraceful and disrespectful in my opinion. Over 1000 years worth of architectural genius down the fucking drain, what a shame.

It's do to haphazard maintenance such as that that people all over the world think that sub-Saharan Africans have never structured anything of architectural greatness, because they're nothing present for people to go and bare witness too. It was all allowed to crumble to dust.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by tpia: 3:30pm On Feb 02, 2008
I no go get heart attack for this nairaland,

Hero, you be strong guy o.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 7:54pm On Feb 03, 2008
E be like say one bushmeat don waka enter inside this thread. angry

Let me concentrate on this Super bowl pre-game show first.  Tomorrow is another day.  I trust we pipo to take care of this "akatastrophic" mess.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by RichyBlacK(m): 8:02pm On Feb 03, 2008
Hero:

I have a question. Why is it that the Edo people allowed their ancient city's historical architectural foundations of moats and Walls and more go to crap? I visited Benin City and I was extremely disappointed to see that the people didn't preserve any of that stuff as the Asians, South and Central Americans and Europeans have done theirs.

Do you know how much tourism would have been pouring into your region if you'd showed more pride in your ancestors achievements and took care of their works as they entrusted in you to do. Allowing that stuff to crumble to dust was unbelievable disgraceful and disrespectful in my opinion. Over 1000 years worth of architectural genius down the fucking drain, what a shame.

It's do to haphazard maintenance such as that that people all over the world think that sub-Saharan Africans have never structured anything of architectural greatness, because they're nothing present for people to go and bare witness too. It was all allowed to crumble to dust.

@Hero,

I understand your concern and share them but please modify your tone. You sound angry. The issues are complex, though I put most of the blame on the government, you have to understand other surrounding issues to appreciate the problem. You've raised a very important issue, all the same.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 1:50pm On Feb 04, 2008
RichyBlacK:

@Hero,

I understand your concern and share them but please modify your tone. You sound angry. The issues are complex, though I put most of the blame on the government, you have to understand other surrounding issues to appreciate the problem. You've raised a very important issue, all the same.

Yeah right!  If he is so concerned, why does he not leave all the hamburgers he is eating over here to go and start the building process so we an learn from him? kiss 

Which one im build?---na so so mouth im sabi make for here?
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by omoge(f): 3:58pm On Feb 04, 2008
Hero,

send some Dollar thru WU to take care of the thing na cheesy.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Hero(m): 8:12pm On Feb 04, 2008
Stop being a bunch of lazy bones. Get up off your hines and do you own work. See this is the problem; always want others to do what you should be doing yourself. No wonder your leaders always get Europeans and Asians to come and build your roads, hospitals, schools, office buildings and everything else, in which you folks should be building and maintaining your damn selves. Shame, shame. Respect is earned, not given, you know. angry
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by tpia: 10:57pm On Feb 04, 2008
Hero!!!!!!!!!!

give this thing a rest na!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you sef like wahala too much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

undecided undecided
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 2:01am On Feb 05, 2008
Lucky Igbinedion really Bleep Edo states up. I read he stole about 4.4 Billion Naira he should have used to develop Edo State.

What a shame, Greedy bastard.

Link:
http://www.thenationonlineng.com/dynamicpage.asp?id=42272
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by omoge(f): 3:39pm On Feb 05, 2008
Hero, after you done talking, send some dollars o for repairs, new road, new tourist attractions, new statues etc.

there are unclaimed chieftancy title awaiting you son of the soil  cheesy
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2008
Hero:

Stop being a bunch of lazy bones. Get up off your hines and do you own work. See this is the problem; always want others to do what you should be doing yourself. No wonder your leaders always get Europeans and Asians to come and build your roads, hospitals, schools, office buildings and everything else, in which you folks should be building and maintaining your damn selves. Shame, shame. Respect is earned, not given, you know. angry

Look at who is talking? undecided  How many have you built yourself?  No be your mate dey for Niger Delta dey drill oil?  Go over and get kidnapped my friend! And what about your Nigerian wife? Is she sitting on her hinny too with her hands inside the front of your pants every Sunday morning in church pretending to praise worship to only God knows what? I guess so too.

Shame, shame. Respect is earned, not given, you know.  Let her go to the East---from Anambra to Ebonyi States to build too and put her fat butt to work too.  They need workers there too.  Or have you not been to her village lately?  Instead of hiding under the sheets and lifting you every night as dumbells!

Buzu!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by oziomatv(m): 3:58pm On Feb 05, 2008
It's like there's war going on here let me get my chips closer

the girl is getting upper mouth I guess!!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Hero(m): 6:21pm On Feb 05, 2008
almondjoy:

Look at who is talking? undecided How many have you built yourself? No be your mate dey for Niger Delta dey drill oil? Go over and get kidnapped my friend! And what about your Nigerian wife? Is she sitting on her hinny too with her hands inside the front of your pants every Sunday morning in church pretending to praise worship to only God knows what? I guess so too.

Shame, shame. Respect is earned, not given, you know. Let her go to the East---from Anambra to Ebonyi States to build too and put her fat butt to work too. They need workers there too. Or have you not been to her village lately? Instead of hiding under the sheets and lifting you every night as dumbells!

Buzu!

Please, Bini Baby, do not mention my wife, you're not worthy. She's of more value than you and your whole fillage or is it village cheesy back in whatever rundown area you crawled out of. Some are soundly of the idea of that your people (EDO) are in the lowdown position in which they are do to the fact of that the millions upon million of slaves your ancestors gained their wealth from put a curse on them and their preceding generations. They cursed there kingdom to crumbled to dust, and their people to be stripped of their dignity as they've stripped them of theirs. It's all come true. What goes around comes around, my sista. cheesy
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by oziomatv(m): 6:38pm On Feb 05, 2008
Bros cool your temper.
no need to fight.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by omoge(f): 6:38pm On Feb 05, 2008
this Hero make too much noise. just relocate and help out in the buildings and reconstructions. you visited Edo eh? you are truly the son of the soil. so hurry up and send the dollars. please use WU okay.

gosh!!! you really believed in VOODOO/witchcraft. careful cuz your head might be used as a stepping stone into the hut lipsrsealed of no return. don't play with African juju Akata man.

Hero:

Some are soundly of the idea of that your people (EDO) are in the lowdown position in which they are do to the fact of that the millions upon million of slaves your ancestors gained their wealth from put a curse on them and their preceding generations. They cursed there kingdom to crumbled to dust, and their people to be stripped of their dignity as they've stripped them of theirs. It's all come true. What goes around comes around, my sista. cheesy
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 6:51pm On Feb 05, 2008
Hero:

Please, Bini Baby, do not mention my wife, you're not worthy. She's of more value than you and your whole[b] fillage [/b] or is it village cheesy back in whatever rundown area you crawled out of.

Some are soundly of the idea of that your people (EDO) are in the lowdown position in which they are do to the fact of that the millions upon million of slaves your ancestors gained their wealth from put a curse on them and their preceding generations. They cursed there kingdom to crumbled to dust, and their people to be stripped of their dignity as they've stripped them of theirs. It's all come true. What goes around comes around, my sista. cheesy

Why won't I mention your wife?  Is she not a Nigerian according to you? undecided  So tell her to get of her fat triple wide load of an arse to go and build bridges in Ebonyi state too.  Have you gone there lately?

"fillage"?  I did not know you were a yoruba dude too!  Fake akata boy! cheesy

See wahala! grin  What is this your love for Bini people all about anyway?  We are not interested in your type please. 

What the hell is this dude typing about here? cry  You ignorant "historical prodigal son of Africa"!!!

I also visited areas in the East while visiting this time around and happen to discover that one of the Universities in your wife's metropolis- happens to be located inside a shrine in Okija.  All I could see was a sign posting direction to somewhere called "Madonna" University.  You could harldly tell which was the shrine and which was the university.  So shut the cyber phock up and realize that 99.999999% of Nigeria is no better than Benin-City----------including the gaddam Abuja itself!!!

Common clearooooooooooooooooout of here!  Go and build toilets in East St. Loius for all I care!
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by RichyBlacK(m): 5:58pm On Feb 07, 2008
Hero:

Please, Bini Baby, do not mention my wife, you're not worthy. She's of more value than you and your whole fillage or is it village cheesy back in whatever rundown area you crawled out of. Some are soundly of the idea of that your people (EDO) are in the lowdown position in which they are do to the fact of that the millions upon million of slaves your ancestors gained their wealth from put a curse on them and their preceding generations. They cursed there kingdom to crumbled to dust, and their people to be stripped of their dignity as they've stripped them of theirs. It's all come true. What goes around comes around, my sista. cheesy

Since many Africans believe in juju, is it possible that the curse of the slaves is true? Just wondering.
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by soccerchic(f): 5:25am On Feb 10, 2008
Just stoping by to show ma love and respect to all from edo state, benin city. I was there for easter last year for a week and i loved it grin. the people are the boom. Wanted to see OMO N'OBA N'EDO in person but was not able, maybe on my next trip.I will be going there in march again for 10 days. keep on represting y'all.

Respect wink
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 4:43pm On Feb 11, 2008
Edo state=Benin-city

A mystery i cannot understand
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by RichyBlacK(m): 6:52pm On Feb 11, 2008
Gamine:

Edo state=Benin-city

A mystery i cannot understand

Relax, your temperature dey quick rise. We know say other areas dey, but na Benin be the main joint for Edo State. wink
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by soccerchic(f): 6:53pm On Feb 11, 2008
@ Ms know it all. ;As i mention before, it was my first visit to Nigeria and I fell in Love with Benin City, Edo State ( At least thats what i was told its called, benin city, Edo State)   . Anyhow, I had a blast and as a result I will be going back there again in March for a week. (* i did not get to see the Benin Moat and Okada wonderland    grin grin ).
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by Gamine(f): 10:48pm On Feb 11, 2008
@RichyBlack

you go know na cheesy
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by RichyBlacK(m): 2:53am On Feb 12, 2008
Gamine:

@RichyBlack

you go know na cheesy

Oya, make you expantiate dat your "you go know na" talk. I no know anything o! grin
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 4:38pm On Apr 02, 2008
My Edo people, how una dey?

The Annual Edo National Convention will be held at Boston. MA this year. Lots of youths and fun events

August 29th - Sept 1st.

More Info at Edo-nation.net
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by almondjoy(f): 9:38am On Apr 11, 2008
Sorry. . .another state don pay ma bride price. . . that would be disloyal to attend that anymore! cool  I no get house for Edo State anymore only ma brothers do. cheesy

Since myself and ma sister have been sold out to other states, we have to obey our masters! kiss
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by waleab: 9:53am On Apr 11, 2008
hero to zero shame on you. bully
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by kojeiwa(m): 10:31pm On Jun 02, 2008
TIME OUT is the place to hang out for Yankees and Ataterians
Re: If You Are From EDO STATE, Represent The HeartBeat of the Nation by NubianQ(f): 8:43pm On Jun 06, 2008
Another Edo thread

NubianQ Edo girl from Uromi

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Sango Olukoso / I Want To Learn Some Yoruba Basic Words And Phrases / Machete Passes Through Man's Stomach, During Cultural Display In Akwa Ibom State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.