Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,106 members, 7,828,867 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:23 PM

Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? (6835 Views)

Pastor Uche Aigbe Charged With Unlawful Possession Of AK-47 Rifle / The Life Of A Man Doesn't Consist In The Abundance Of Possession He Has - Jesus / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 08, 2019
Charly68:
Truth be told ,God is interested in territorial control..hence the advancement of a church in this regards symbolizes divine enlargement. It does not amount to materialism as many presume. Except otherwise proven,God has foretold that his kingdom on earth shall be built through prosperity .
You sound like you are quoting right out of the book of mammon, and just using God to replace mammon who is the real god behind such an idea.

The bolded is a lie from the pit of hell.
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Righteousness89(m): 5:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
cRobo:
Times are changing

GOD'S word does not change!
GOD Himself does not Change

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Righteousness89(m): 5:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
ACRI:
..Hmmmm

God is a God of abundance...to fulfil the purpose of God on your life you need resources.
It takes money to propagate the gospel to the far ends of the earth.
And God shall supply all my needs according to his riches in glory through Christ Jesus.

Poverty is not holiness, infact you are more likely to compromise when you can't have your basic needs met. So I ll say God wants the church to be highly successful to carry out the great commission and success comes with great possessions. There is a reason there was a wealth transfer from the Egytians to the Israelites when they wanted to leave Egypt. The church need great possessions for the journey ahead ..

You Missed the Point bro..

Riches, Wealth, properties and all that are Wonderful... but They are not the Primary Focus of our life here on Earth.

All the Wealth and Assests we have Today, not one has any Eternal Value. Not one will be taken from here. No body has Made Heaven because of His Wealth or Assests. We are to Threat them as things that have no value to our lives.

Wealth is not a sin any will never be a sin but the value u give to it Matters a lot..

The Billionaire who dies without JESUS CHRIST will be begging to come back on Earth and be a poor man so as to amend..

Wealth and all that are Gifts from GOD. You don't fight for a Gift.. if it comes Good, if it doesn't good..

Having JESUS CHRIST is the Greatest gift you can give your life..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by CodeTemplar: 6:16pm On Dec 08, 2019
by possessions I assume op is talking about physical things the church has like buildings/halls, vehicles, properties, and tangible assets.

These things are all supporters of the ministry operations and I consider them a pointer to success but not success.
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Charly68: 7:41pm On Dec 08, 2019
jesusjnr:
You sound like you are quoting right out of the book of mammon, and just using God to replace mammon who is the real god behind such an idea.

The bolded is a lie from the pit of hell.
Zechariah 1:17 Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Nobody: 9:07pm On Dec 08, 2019
Charly68:
Zechariah 1:17 Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.
That's not speaking of the spread of the church or the Kingdom of God.

This is:

Acts 1:8 (KJV)

8 But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by AreaFada2: 9:11pm On Dec 08, 2019
In 9ja Na about material success o.

Which of course is not what the Bible says.
But then in 9ja ambulance carry dead people. In serious countries ambulance carry ill and injured people to hospital for quick medical care.

Na upside down life 9ja dey live.
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Nodogragra4me(m): 9:23pm On Dec 08, 2019
desiredhome:

Typing rubbish and you think you are making sense, proberbly you don't know what soul wining mean..... instead of you to preach Christ and win souls, you mistaking bringing members to church to winning souls,......
You are only after members to increase your monetary profit yet you have no love/care for them even when Christ commands that the greatest of all commandments is love,.
if your soul wining as practice by you is real then Nigeria would be the best country to live in.
If you have sense you should think and ask yourself, with all the Churches all over the place, night vigil, casting and binding etc that you do yet crimes are in the increase?
Zombi will always be a Zombi anywhere

Small boys known by their unlearned contributions.

If you have sense as you are portraying yourself and ”the real Christian’ you claimed to be you would have known that God himself gave different ministers to his church for a purpose.

If only small small boys like you would be humble enough to learn you would have known long ago that the one ministry every one Christian has is evangelism whereas others have special callings to be pastors over those that evangelist brings into the Church and there are teachers who break the word down and so on and so forth but a charlatan claiming to know even when he is yet to pay Nepa bill for his own house will never know anything.

You are too Nig to be taught by the Holy Spirit.

Non entity like you always carry on through life with a superiority mentality that is of the devil. Always thinking that when God will announce them all this ones go know..and they wait for eternity and never amount to much before leaving the earth

They are always preparing for the big day that never comes

Does it not bother you that your ”real Christian ” status has not announced you beyond the onion cover of nairaland.

Just think of the waste you are to the ”real Christian” that your only place of activity is on naira land and is about badmouthing preachers that has done more for Christianity than your entire generation rolled together.

Again what is your worth to God. Can God call you thou good and faithful servant? Where have you serve God before?.. You know what soul winning is theoretically but not know how to practice it.

Small Pikin wey dem carry for back no no say road far
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by yinkajewole: 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2019
The gates of hell shall not prevail the church
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by desiredhome: 9:48pm On Dec 08, 2019
Nodogragra4me:

Small boys known by their unlearned contributions.

If you have sense as you are portraying yourself and ”the real Christian’ you claimed to be you would have known that God himself gave different ministers to his church for a purpose.

If only small small boys like you would be humble enough to learn you would have known long ago that the one ministry every one Christian has is evangelism whereas others have special callings to be pastors over those that evangelist brings into the Church and there are teachers who break the word down and so on and so forth but a charlatan claiming to know even when he is yet to pay Nepa bill for his own house will never know anything.

You are too Nig to be taught by the Holy Spirit.

Non entity like you always carry on through life with a superiority mentality that is of the devil. Always thinking that when God will announce them all this ones go know..and they wait for eternity and never amount to much before leaving the earth

They are always preparing for the big day that never comes

Does it not bother you that your ”real Christian ” status has not announced you beyond the onion cover of nairaland.

Just think of the waste you are to the ”real Christian” that your only place of activity is on naira land and is about badmouthing preachers that has done more for Christianity than your entire generation rolled together.

Again what is your worth to God. Can God call you thou good and faithful servant? Where have you serve God before?.. You know what soul winning is theoretically but not know how to practice it.

Small Pikin wey dem carry for back no no say road far
What a waste if time just to read the rubbish you put up here, it's better you seek God in truth and honesty and stop all these your Yahoo Yahoo Christianity.
Life does not consist of the aboundant of your possession.
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Nodogragra4me(m): 10:06pm On Dec 08, 2019
desiredhome:

What a waste if time just to read the rubbish you put up here, it's better you seek God in truth and honesty and stop all these your Yahoo Yahoo Christianity.
Life does not consist of the aboundant of your possession.

Small boy, let me declare to you today that it is be double tragedy for you to die in penury and still not make heaven.

God never waste resources. The ten talents you have refused to put to use for soul winning that you know how to do in theory has already been collected from you and added to the one's given to those already on the field however imperfect they are. God is interested in the will hearted not the I am waiting on that big call bunch.. They will never get the call

Stop thinking your poverty impresses God. There is not a single verse where it was declared that he takes delight in the poverty of his people. The word of God says blessed be the Lord God who takes delight in the prosperity of his people not their poverty.

If you go back to the scripture you quoted it says life is not in the abundance of possession... It is telling you that possession without possessing the core possession which is Christ is meaningless

It is Jesus that told you to seek his kingdom and that all that men are dying for will be added to you... Matt 6:33... What men are dying for are commanded blessings in God. You need not pray for them.. He says he will add them if you seek his kingdom

Small boy.. Real Christian and yet doesn't even add a single scripture to your argument

1 Like

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by desiredhome: 10:24pm On Dec 08, 2019
Nodogragra4me:

Small boy, let me declare to you today that it is be double tragedy for you to die in penury and still not make heaven.

God never waste resources. The ten talents you have refused to put to use for soul winning that you know how to do in theory has already been collected from you and added to the one's given to those already on the field however imperfect they are. God is interested in the will hearted not the I am waiting on that big call bunch.. They will never get the call

Stop thinking your poverty impresses God. There is not a single verse where it was declared that he takes delight in the poverty of his people. The word of God says blessed be the Lord God who takes delight in the prosperity of his people not their poverty.

If you go back to the scripture you quoted it says life is not in the abundance of possession... It is telling you that possession without possessing the core possession which is Christ is meaningless

It is Jesus that told you to seek his kingdom and that all that men are dying for will be added to you... Matt 6:33... What men are dying for are commanded blessings in God. You need not pray for them.. He says he will add them if you seek his kingdom

Small boy.. Real Christian and yet doesn't even add a single scripture to your argument
Your problem is you claim to know while you know nothing...that is pride, the world of God is practical a not theory,
I only advice you visit any of the civilised Countries and see what Christianity/better life is not this noise/scam you make.
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Babtmtk4: 3:46am On Dec 09, 2019
It is a measure of the "spiritual growth of it members" over a period of time and the "Love" among them.

1 Like

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:40am On Dec 09, 2019
desiredhome:

Your problem is you claim to know while you know nothing...that is pride, the world of God is practical a not theory,
I only advice you visit any of the civilised Countries and see what Christianity/better life is not this noise/scam you make.

The sign that one is engaged with a small not is when he runs from his own position when further light is demanded to consolidate his claim to it.

Now aI m the one that is claiming to know when your first reply to something that I didn't mention you was that the person I mentioned was dealing with ”real Christians ” and not the my GO said, my pastor said crew which in your estimation I fall into.

You biggest problem in life is an overestimation of self worth. Your opinion of your knowledge is exaggerated. It is over valued. and it is the more of the sack you got the other time
Done with you
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Nodogragra4me(m): 4:51am On Dec 09, 2019
Mr. Now that you have defined what a church is, I just hope you have a gathering where you are practicing it. The reason I ask you this is because to know that a church is a gathering where possessors of lands or houses sells same and meet the need of other members so they have no lack and ever aspire to have a land or building with your name written in the title document will be disobedience to the revealed word of God to you and and your Flock and disobedience is as the sin of witchcraft and no which by whatever name water bar Jesus or Jesus PA or SSA will ever enter heaven

Acts 4:35 makes it clear that there must be a place of togetherness where Christians must assemble and if you have not assembled others with your line of revelation, you will be held accountable for their souls and while at it be sure you all are living Ina single hall with your family members if you have any, by way of marriage. If you live in a house alone you are breaking the revealed message to you and therefore in disobedience. Remember, your own standard for others is what will be used to judge you on the day you stand before the judgement throne

May God help you to fulfill your own standard of Christianity.

The scripture is clear on what awaits everyone on judgement day. By whatever standard you have held others by same shall you be judged.

jesusjnr:

This was the church Jesus built upon the Rock (His Words):

Acts 2:1-11 (KJV)

1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.
2 And suddenly there came a sound from heaven as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.
3 And there appeared unto them cloven tongues like as of fire, and it sat upon each of them.
4 And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.
5 And there were dwelling at Jerusalem Jews, devout men, out of every nation under heaven.
6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that every man heard them speak in his own language.
7 And they were all amazed and marvelled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speak Galilaeans?
8 And how hear we every man in our own tongue, wherein we were born?
9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Judaea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,
10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya about Cyrene, and strangers of Rome, Jews and proselytes,
11 Cretes and Arabians, we do hear them speak in our tongues the wonderful works of God.

Acts 4:31-35 (KJV)

31 And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together; and they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldness.
32 And the multitude of them that believed were of one heart and of one soul: neither said any of them that ought of the things which he possessed was his own; but they had all things common.
33 And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.
34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were sold,
35 And laid them down at the apostles' feet: and distribution was made unto every man according as he had need.
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:15am On Dec 09, 2019
post=84728340:
The Success of a church is all about the number of souls they are able to lead to salvation and the number of the disciples they help in their time of needs just as JESUS CHRIST commanded us.

#ThatIsAll
Did Jesus Christ command you to be a zombie?
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Nobody: 11:12am On Dec 09, 2019
Nodogragra4me:
Mr. Now that you have defined what a church is, I just hope you have a gathering where you are practicing it. The reason I ask you this is because to know that a church is a gathering where possessors of lands or houses sells same and meet the need of other members so they have no lack and ever aspire to have a land or building with your name written in the title document will be disobedience to the revealed word of God to you and and your Flock and disobedience is as the sin of witchcraft and no which by whatever name water bar Jesus or Jesus PA or SSA will ever enter heaven

Acts 4:35 makes it clear that there must be a place of togetherness where Christians must assemble and if you have not assembled others with your line of revelation, you will be held accountable for their souls and while at it be sure you all are living Ina single hall with your family members if you have any, by way of marriage. If you live in a house alone you are breaking the revealed message to you and therefore in disobedience. Remember, your own standard for others is what will be used to judge you on the day you stand before the judgement throne

May God help you to fulfill your own standard of Christianity.

The scripture is clear on what awaits everyone on judgement day. By whatever standard you have held others by same shall you be judged.

To be honest I took time to read what you wrote, and after reading I wonder if you knew or read what you were writing at all.

Where did i say it was disobedience of God's Word for a church to own a building or have possession?

It seems the purpose of your question has nothing to do with what success is in God's sight, but you're just seeking a way to justify your wrong orientation of what success is, because if you looked at the title alone, you would see that this is about addressing what true success is concerning the church and also man as it holds in God's sight, not the corrupted and worldly version of man where it is adjudged by worldly possession or riches.

I gave you an idea of what the success of a church consists of with the instance of the church founded by Jesus, and instead of using it to know what the true measure of a church is, you're still trying to justify the falsehood that is being perpetrated by some church leaders today, that it is measured by abundance of possession or worldly riches.

If you choose to continue on that path, know for a certain that you are walking in error with regards how it is in the sight of God where the life of a man nor the success of a church consists not in the abundance of possession they have.

You can see for yourself the kind of church leaders the church had then, and that which you have today and honestly tell me that you don't see any difference.

If you don't, then it's obvious that your view is being shrouded by sentiments.

Because if you can clearly see the wrong that is going on in the Catholic Church with the Catholic Pope etc., but are blind to that which is clearly wrong in your own church, then there's no other explanation for that.

By the way, the Catholic Pope you are so quick to criticize and condemn, it might be helpful for you to know that upon all the billions of dollars he sits atop, he doesn't have one private Jet despite how much he travels. He uses a commercial airline. So as bad as you believe the Catholic Pope is, i believe there's a thing or two you and your church leader(s) can learn from him.

Thanks and God bless.

2 Likes

Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 10, 2019
Hiswordxray:
All this money and resources should be shared among the people, for they are the "church", they are God's beloved, God's treasure, God's children and He wants to care for them and spoil them with His riches and blessing. Rather than preaching God’s blessings to the people, the pastors are supposed to share God's blessings with the people
Well said. Acts 4:32-35
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by CodeTemplar: 12:51pm On Dec 10, 2019
jesusjnr:
Well said. Acts 4:32-35
Hate inspired thread again.
Define what you mean by possessions of churches and give concrete or tangible examples of these resources.
Acts 4:32-35.

Galatians 6:6 also emphasizes the need to sow toward spiritual channel like our spiritual teachers. There is a difference between what goes to your prophet or spiritual parents and what goes towards the needy(charity).
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Nobody: 10:09am On Dec 12, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Hate inspired thread again.
Define what you mean by possessions of churches and give concrete or tangible examples of these resources.
Acts 4:32-35.

Galatians 6:6 also emphasizes the need to sow toward spiritual channel like our spiritual teachers. There is a difference between what goes to your prophet or spiritual parents and what goes towards the needy(charity).

Lol!

The Truth of Jesus Words hurts the Mammon-worshipping Pharisees as usual.

Not surprised!
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by CodeTemplar: 9:26am On Dec 13, 2019
jesusjnr:

Lol!

The Truth of Jesus Words hurts the Mammon-worshipping Pharisees as usual.

Not surprised!
Mammon screamer. You don't know me in real life so talk only what you know or keep shut.
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by Nobody: 9:58am On Dec 13, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Mammon screamer. You don't know me in real life so talk only what you know or keep shut.
Lol!

I already know that you're also a loyal defender of the gospel of mammon and her preachers in real life.

So i'm absolutely certain about of what I speak of.
Re: Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has? by orisa37: 10:05am On Dec 13, 2019
jesusjnr:
Does The Success Of A Church Consist In The Abundance Of Possession It Has?

It depends on the point of view from which the success of a church was being adjudged.

If from that of men and the world who use such material basis to measure success, the answer to the question would be in the affirmative.

But if it be from that of God, the answer would be "NO", because God doesn't use the abundance of possession as a measure of success as was depicted in this saying of Jesus:

"A man's life consisteth not in the abundance of the things which he possesseth." {Luke 12:15 (KJV)}

And since a church is made up of men, that means the same applies to a church, that it's success of doesn't consist in the abundance of possession it has in the sight of God.

That illustrates how a church which is successful in the sight of men and the world, can be a failure to God and vice versa.

And since the church is not supposed to be of the world, but of God, it means it shouldn't be up to the world to determine the success of the church but God.

Therefore whenever the success of a church is adjudged on the basis of the abundance of possession it has, it's being done in error because that is not of God..

The success of a church is determined by the extent to which it abides by the teachings and instructions of Jesus.

That is why the most successful church up til date is that which Jesus built, because despite that it didn't have close to the abundance of possession that some churches now boast of, it is the church that abode by the teachings and instructions of Jesus the most.

God bless.

NO. THE SUCCESS DEPENDS ON THE NUMBER OF WORSHIPERS SINGING, CLAPPING AND DANCING IN THE CHURCH EVERYTIME.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Christians Fast? / Did The Bible Really Say That A Woman Must Marry Her Rapist? / What's Your Favorite Offering Song

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.