Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,512 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

Tell Me Something I Dont Know - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Tell Me Something I Dont Know (700 Views)

How To Answer ‘Tell Me About Yourself’ At A Job Interview / HELP: I Dont Want To Offend God Dueto Inability To Secure Job Since After NYSC / A Copy Of My Suicide Letter If I Dont Get A Job Soon. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tell Me Something I Dont Know by yemo(m): 4:39pm On May 25, 2007
if you are asked the question "tell me something i don't know " what answer would you give
Re: Tell Me Something I Dont Know by kuwena(m): 5:50pm On May 25, 2007
You could say, 'Well, you just heard me.' 'Tell me something I don't know,' when used colloquially, is not a question per se. It is often a rejoinder to a trite comment. You probably have said something commonplace, and your hearer says, 'Oh, yeah? Tell me something I don't know.' And you don't begin to feed him the news. You just find a quip, like the one above: 'Well, you just heard me,' or something else of the sort.

Peace out!
Re: Tell Me Something I Dont Know by bruce(m): 6:53pm On May 25, 2007
@kuwena
That is a good one, but what if no previous statement of that sort was made?

That could equally be a question depending on the circumstances it was asked anyway. It could also mean asking you to lay emphases on what makes you different from others or what is that thing (experiences, skills, achievements, etc) we don't know that will make us hire you instead of the others.

In such case, take your time to tell them your skills or achievements, or anything that will make you stand out.

More opinions are welcome on this.

Thanks and One Love!!!

(1) (Reply)

Where Can I Get A Place Of Attachment In Lagos? / Sales Executives Required / Job Of An Account Clerk Needed. Can You Help Me Out?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.