Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,881 members, 7,828,133 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt (25529 Views)

Secondus Can’t Understand My Grammar because He Didn’t Finish Secondary School —Wik / Senate Confirms Yahaya Muhammad, Buhari Nominee ‘Started’ School Before Birth / PHOTOS: Modern Kiosk/shopswere Provided By Lagos State Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by LegoxMetahuman: 9:17pm On Dec 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

you don't get it,I will pass,I served in the the villages where education is free, people still don't go!!
it is you that you are not getting it.

this law says those who dont go even when education is free wont be allowed to get married in the state.

no school leaving cert, no wedding for you.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Xano(m): 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
Interesting.
The parents would migrate to another state and arrange wedding there.
If this is passed at the Federal level, it would be good.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by naptu2: 9:18pm On Dec 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

even if it is free,some people will not go because they fail to see the usefulness,are you saying those people should not marry

Report parents who refuse to enrol children in school, Ganduje tells Kano Emirs

Published August 19, 2019

Ted Odogwu, Kano

Kano State Governor, Dr Abdullahi Umar Ganduje, on Monday, ordered the entire five Emirs in the state to report parents who refused to register their children in school in line with the declaration of free and compulsory education.

Ganduje mandated the Emirs to keep a record of defaulting parents and forward same to his office for sanctions to be imposed, where necessary.

He disclosed that a law would be put in place to punish those who refuse to educate their children.

In a press statement, made available to newsmen on Sunday, Abba Anwa, Chief Press Secretary to Ganduje, said the governor gave the order, when the Emirs of Kano, Rano, Bichi, Karaye, and Gaya visited him at different intervals to pay homage during the Sallah holiday.

In addition, Ganduje assured the Emirs that all schools would be provided with some special resources for a hitch-free implementation of the new policy.

https://punchng.com/report-parents-who-refuse-to-enrol-children-in-school-ganduje-tells-kano-emirs/

You don't quite understand what free and compulsory education means.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by arukwe123(m): 9:20pm On Dec 09, 2019
hammerU:

MARRIAGE SHOULD BE FROM 21 YEARS.

LET THE GIRL GROW, BEFORE ADDING STRESS AND COMMITMENT TO HER LIFE.
18yrs is the universal age of maturity and it depends on level of maturity. Some 18yrs girls looks and acts like they are in their early or late twenties
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by hammerU: 9:21pm On Dec 09, 2019
arukwe123:
18yrs is the universal age of maturity and it depends on level of maturity. Some 18yrs girls look and talk like they are in their early or late twenties

We are talking marriage not universal age of maturity.

There is nothing like that, we have 18 year old that are very immature and childish.

21years is better.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by babyfaceafrica: 9:22pm On Dec 09, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:

this law says those who dont go even when education is free wont be allowed to get married in the state.

,the Kano I know won't even follow the law,plethora of uneducated people getting married ,na today?..well except if Islamic school is education

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by babyfaceafrica: 9:23pm On Dec 09, 2019
naptu2:

https://punchng.com/report-parents-who-refuse-to-enrol-children-in-school-ganduje-tells-kano-emirs/

You don't quite understand what free and compulsory education means.

you can't force people to be educated formally ,the ones with master and PhD,where is the job please!!

1 Like

Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by IMAliyu(m): 9:23pm On Dec 09, 2019
Louisboy22:
Secondary school not even high institutions
Usually, the age someone finishs Secondary school is between 16-19 so it's ok.
And higher institution is not for everyone, nor necessary for basic knowledge and low end jobs.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by arukwe123(m): 9:24pm On Dec 09, 2019
hammerU:

There is nothing like that, we have 18 year old that are very immature and childish.

21years is better.
how is 21 better. Haven't you seen 21yrs old girl look like 16. Like I said it depends on the level of maturity. Once 18, he/she turns to an adult.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Myhusband(m): 9:24pm On Dec 09, 2019
victory to developing pussies. aboki and their weird life
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by shugabasbn: 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
It is like this Ganduje has a good plan n working for the betterment of his people, how I wished both him and Sanusi can work in collaboration for the betterment of their people. Thumb up Gandu man

1 Like

Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by arodavoo(m): 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
Chai!!!... While this is a good news, it a shocking and heartbreaking news to many alhajis in the north

December is here, check my profile to learn importation from china, Turkey, Malaysia USA and UK

And also importation of Hair from India, Cambodia and Vietnam
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by hammerU: 9:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
arukwe123:
how is 21 better. Haven't you seen 21yrs old girl look like 16. Like I said it depends on the level of maturity. Once 18, he/she turns to an adult.

Me am giving the girl time to finish her studies and even training.

Wat is the rush sef?

The girl can gain alot in that 3 years from 18years to 21 years.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Ihutomi: 9:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
Story for the gods
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by arukwe123(m): 9:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
hammerU:

Me am giving the girl time to finish her studies and even training.

Wat is the rush sef?

The girl can gain alot in that 3 years from 18years to 21 years.
bro this is north we are talking about. Where dey like to catch them young.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by hammerU: 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2019
arukwe123:
bro this is north we are talking about. Where dey like to catch them young.

Maybe, they should start catching the peadophiles there and put them away in prison or something.

That way, the girls will grow and know wat they are getting themselves into and actually decide for themselves.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by naptu2: 9:31pm On Dec 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

you can't force people to be educated formally ,the ones with master and PhD,where is the job please!!

Actually, you can force people to be educated. Many states do it in Nigeria and many states have been doing it for a long time. Parents have been prosecuted in Lagos and Kaduna states, for example, because they did not send their children to school. That's the compulsory part of the policy. The United Nations has recommended (a long time ago) that all children should be educated at least up to secondary school level. Many countries practice free and compulsory education up till secondary school level.

The free part of the policy means providing all the necessary tools, so that the parents do not have to incur any costs. For example, during Jakande's time in Lagos they provided free text books, free buses and in some places, e.g. Osun State under Aregbesola, they even provided free uniforms.

That's one of the things that Ganduje plans to do in his new policy and that's why he's getting billionaires from Kano to adopt public schools. For example, Aminu Dantata donated 50 million naira to a secondary school last week.

Kano procures text books, furniture for public schools

December 5, 2019 in Education

By Kolade Adeyemi, Kano

The Kano State government has procured about 1million assorted text books for distribution to public schools in the state.

This was disclosed by the Commissioner for Education, Malam Muhammad Sanusi Sa’id Kiru, during the 2019 Annual General Meeting of the Dala Old Girls Association (DOGA) held at the Afficent Event Centre, Kano.

The commissioner said the provision of the text books would go a long way to facilitate better learning for pupils in primary and secondary schools across the state.

He further disclosed that 3,000 schools have been identified and would be provided with furniture under the supervision of the Schools Based Management Committees (SBMC’s).

Sanusi Kiru added that the government had also procured 1,400 tablets to facilitate pilot study for e-learning in some select schools across the three Senatorial zones of the state.

He noted that the government had also made arrangements for the renovation of some girls secondary schools including the ones in Gaya, Dambatta, Kwa, Kabo and Dala.

“Very soon, the state government will perform the taking-over ceremony of a secondary school building donated by Hon. Ali Sa’id at Dakatsalle in Bebeji Local Government Area, and it will be converted to girls boarding secondary school,” the commissioner noted.

While thanking the DOGA for their commitment towards seeing to the betterment of their alma mater, he said that the government would do its part in assisting the school.

In his remark earlier, international business mogul and elder statesman, Alhaji Aminu Alhassan Dantata, admonished the Old Girls to continue with the good work of assisting their alma mater.

He presented a cheque of N10 million to the association, promising to make the same donation for a period of five years.

“Even if I die, I am leaving it as will for my family to ensure compliance,” he said.

Dantata also pledged to construct five boreholes in the school as well as ten blocks of toilets.

In her speech, the National president of DOGA, Hon. Sa’udatu Sani, called on all and sundry to collaborate in assisting the education sector, which she said, is in a sorry position.

https://thenationonlineng.net/kano-procures-text-books-furniture-for-public-schools/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by babyfaceafrica: 9:35pm On Dec 09, 2019
[quote author=naptu2 post=84777056][/quote]

they are forcing people to go to school ,in this Lagos wey I dey?...na audio force o, please come to pen cinema, early morning,you will see young children hawking things,if they catch them today,they will leave them in the evening,I repeat,you can't force anybody to go to school in naija!
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by donprinyo(m): 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2019
It's a gradual process. One day, they will get there
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by hammerU: 9:38pm On Dec 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

they are forcing people to go to school ,in this Lagos wey I dey?...na audio force o, please come to pen cinema, early morning,you will see young children hawking things,if they catch them today,they will leave them in the evening,I repeat,you can't force anybody to go to school in naija!

ANAMBRA STATE IS THE NUMBER ONE FOR FORCED EDUCATION IN NIGERIA.

PARENTS GO TO PRISON IF CHILDREN DONT TURN UP FOR SCHOOL.

AND THOSE HAWKING DURING SCHOOL HOURS, ARE DETAINED.

ANAMBRA IS ALL ABOUT EDUCATION EXCELLENCE, IT IS THE EDUCATION CAPITAL OF NIGERIA.

Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by baby124: 9:39pm On Dec 09, 2019
Good. At least he and Sanusi agree on something.lmao
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by IMAliyu(m): 9:40pm On Dec 09, 2019
hammerU:

21years is better.
I mean if they are considered old enough to drink, vote and decided the country's future, they are old enough to get married.
But if we talking about brain maturity, I'd say 24 at least. Because even 21 year olds act like teenagers.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Suremikky(m): 9:42pm On Dec 09, 2019
enawt:
Waec don enter am..... More failures

U no go kill person for here��
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by hammerU: 9:44pm On Dec 09, 2019
IMAliyu:

I mean if they are considered old enough to drink, vote and decided the country's future, they are old enough to get married.
But if we talking about brain maturity, I'd say 24 at least. Because even 21 year olds act like teenagers.

I THINK EVERYTHING STARTS FROM 24/25 AS U STATED.

21 FOR ME WAS A COMPROMISE FOR THE 'EARLY MORNING BIRDS'.

THOSE THAT LIKE TO BE IN FRONT OR AHEAD OR EARLY.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by VanGap: 9:46pm On Dec 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
story, what about those that can't afford to go to school?
Abeg , I Must say oooo , Instead of Reading Latest Nigeria News i prefer listening to Good Top Naija Songs Biko ooooo

it is about maturity,not education,a lady must be above 18 years before anyone can marry her
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by arukwe123(m): 9:47pm On Dec 09, 2019
hammerU:

Maybe, they should start catching the peadophiles there and put them away in prison or something.

That way, the girls will grow and know wat they are getting themselves into and actually decide for themselves.
bro the paedophiles are mostly the senators, governors and other influential men
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by LegoxMetahuman: 9:48pm On Dec 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

,the Kano I know won't even follow the law,plethora of uneducated people getting married ,na today?..well except if Islamic school is education
well... that would mean they are breaking the law.

besides, law like this is simple to enforce now.
not state marriage certificate without showing you finished secondary school.

pata pata they go to another state to get married.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by hammerU: 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2019
arukwe123:
bro the paedophiles are mostly the senators, governors and other influential men

That is the problem with this country, criminals and evil are in charge.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Phred1717: 9:50pm On Dec 09, 2019
Please the govt should include their consent also... Let the parent don't blind-fold d children with religion doctrine
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by bolayei: 10:00pm On Dec 09, 2019
LegoxMetahuman:

And he said that at a human right function. It's a woman's right to get married. So illiterates can't get married as if it'd not their right. What if the girl finish secondary school at 15 yrs old. Put age limit not educational limit.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Omonigeriarere: 10:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
I hope the move is not anti Islamic.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Amanda4life: 10:03pm On Dec 09, 2019
itsme01:
cool

Gandollar is pretty underated Governor, in terms of policies and infrastructure he works far above his peers

I think so.

He even thinks better than some younger governor s

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinubu's Degree Certificate: Nigeria Journalists Are Biased - Reno Omokri / Buhari: Tinubu, Oshiomhole, Falana Attack Obasanjo / NNPC To Supply 300,000 Barrels Of Crude To Dangote Refinery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.