Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,112 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt (25528 Views)

Secondus Can’t Understand My Grammar because He Didn’t Finish Secondary School —Wik / Senate Confirms Yahaya Muhammad, Buhari Nominee ‘Started’ School Before Birth / PHOTOS: Modern Kiosk/shopswere Provided By Lagos State Govt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by LegoxMetahuman: 10:06pm On Dec 09, 2019
bolayei:

And he said that at a human right function. It's a woman's right to get married. So illiterates can't get married as if it'd not their right. What if the girl finish secondary school at 15 yrs old. Put age limit not educational limit.
atleast she wont be an illiterate alimajiri that is useless to society.

nigeria consitution doesnt support child marriage. so there is no point making another law

but this one will encourage parents in the state to send their female children to school instead of promising them one mallam or alhaji before they even finished primary school.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by PeacenLove2: 10:13pm On Dec 09, 2019
A nudge in the right direction.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by murphybo(m): 10:15pm On Dec 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:
story, what about those that can't afford to go to school?

it is about maturity,not education,a lady must be above 18 years before anyone can marry her
Did you read the article at all or your eyes skipped where free and compulsory education is mentioned...

1 Like

Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Assha: 10:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
gidigigan:

SINGLE, LONELY AND DESIRE TRUE LOVE? YOU CANT AFFORD TO SPEND THIS DECEMBER WITH YOUR TRUE LOVE. OYA CONNECT NOW ON PLATFORM OF LOVE!

If true love is like a music to your soul and truly READY to settle down with a sensiBoo, ResponsiBoo, loveaBoo, reliaBoo, tangiBoo, perfectiBoo or AdmiraBoo? man of your dreams

If you really want this December to be your last month of being single and enter 2020 with serious relationship just like connected couples on our platform of love who either married, engaged or in serious relationships.....

Then message the ADMIN ON WHATSAPP OR TELEGRAM on 0-8-1-6-3-4-2-9-6-1-5 to get your details verified and connect you with a potential soulmate

PLEASE NOTE THIS: If you are not ready for serious relationship of marriage or looking for sugar mummy, daddy, daughter, or son. This is not the platform at all!

ADMIN HAS NEVER CHARGED ANYONE A KOBO FOR MATCHMAKING ON THE PLATFORM OF LOVE..

grin
gidigigan:

SINGLE, LONELY AND DESIRE TRUE LOVE? YOU CANT AFFORD TO SPEND THIS DECEMBER WITH YOUR TRUE LOVE. OYA CONNECT NOW ON PLATFORM OF LOVE!

If true love is like a music to your soul and truly READY to settle down with a sensiBoo, ResponsiBoo, loveaBoo, reliaBoo, tangiBoo, perfectiBoo or AdmiraBoo? man of your dreams

If you really want this December to be your last month of being single and enter 2020 with serious relationship just like connected couples on our platform of love who either married, engaged or in serious relationships.....

Then message the ADMIN ON WHATSAPP OR TELEGRAM on 0-8-1-6-3-4-2-9-6-1-5 to get your details verified and connect you with a potential soulmate

PLEASE NOTE THIS: If you are not ready for serious relationship of marriage or looking for sugar mummy, daddy, daughter, or son. This is not the platform at all!

ADMIN HAS NEVER CHARGED ANYONE A KOBO FOR MATCHMAKING ON THE PLATFORM OF LOVE..
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Yankee101: 10:25pm On Dec 09, 2019
Better
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by CeterisXVII: 10:45pm On Dec 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

it is about maturity,not education,a lady must be above 18 years before anyone can marry her

But education in Kano State is now free..
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by naptu2: 10:59pm On Dec 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

they are forcing people to go to school ,in this Lagos wey I dey?...na audio force o, please come to pen cinema, early morning,you will see young children hawking things,if they catch them today,they will leave them in the evening,I repeat,you can't force anybody to go to school in naija!

It's not about catching the children. There was a case of a man that neglected his children in Lekki. The children had never attended school and in fact their hair had turned into dreads because they were not having their bath. The government came and took the children away from him and they made sure that the children attended school.

Just like it is the case that not all armed robbers have been arrested, similarly, not all violators of traffic offences have been arrested, that's also how not all people who refuse to send their children to school will be caught (that man in Lekki was caught because people reported to the government), however there are also many that will be caught and punished.

In fact, in Kaduna, they have education marshals that go around town during school hours to round up school age kids and find out why they are not in school.

Your statement that, "I repeat,you can't force anybody to go to school in naija!" is just your assumption. It is not fact (many people have already been either forced or convinced to send their children to school).

Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by babyfaceafrica: 11:02pm On Dec 09, 2019
naptu2:

It's not about catching the children. There was a case of a man that neglected his children in Lekki. The children had never attended school and in fact their hair had turned into dreads because they were not having their bath. The government came and took the children away from him and they made sure that the children attended school.

Just like it is the case that not all armed robbers have been arrested, similarly, not all violators of traffic offences have been arrested, that's also how not all people who refuse to send their children to school will be caught (that man in Lekki was caught because people reported to the government), however there are also many that will be caught and punished.

In fact, in Kaduna, they have education marshals that go around town during school hours to round up school age kids and find out why they are not in school.

Your statement that, "I repeat,you can't force anybody to go to school in naija!" is just your assumption. It is not fact.

if I say,I no go school,will I be dragged to the classroom.if you even drag me to the classroom,will you force me to read and pass
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by naptu2: 11:11pm On Dec 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

if I say,I no go school,will I be dragged to the classroom.if you even drag me to the classroom,will you force me to read and pass

That's the thing. In most of those cases, it's not the children that do not want to go to school. It's the parents that do not send the children to school. The children usually want to be like and with other children, but it's either the parents do not believe in western education, or they don't have money or they prefer to send the children to work (hawking, farming, etc.) Some parents do not believe that girls should be educated because they believe that they should just be married off.

What usually happens is that the parents and the children are counselled on the benefits of education and the fact that it is free. The parents are helped financially if need be. But the parents can be prosecuted or the children could be taken away if the parents refuse to send the child to school. This is not assumptions, it has happened before.

Besides, the policy does not say that everybody must pass exams, it says that everybody must be educated up to secondary school level.

There are also other things that the government does to encourage parents to send their kids to school. Some parents want their children to work on the farm and they see no need for western education. This is one of the reasons that agricultural science was introduced. To convince parents that education will also help the kids on the farm.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:12pm On Dec 09, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

Louder bro... woman na commodity for their eye.

Girls that finish school before 15 or 16 inko? what happens to them.

Women.... it is well..
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by babyfaceafrica: 11:14pm On Dec 09, 2019
naptu2:

That's the thing. In most of those cases, it's not the children that do not want to go to school. It's the parents that do not send the children to school. The children usually want to be like and with other children, but it's either the parents do not believe in western education, or they don't have money or they prefer to send the children to work (hawking, farming, etc.) Some parents do not believe that girls should be educated because they believe that they should just be married off.

What usually happens is that the parents and the children are counselled on the benefits of education and the fact that it is free. The parents are helped financially if need be. But the parents can be prosecuted or the children could be taken away if the parents refuse to send the child to school. This is not assumptions, it has happened before.

Besides, the policy does not say that everybody must pass exams, it says that everybody must be educated up to secondary school level.

There are also other things that the government does to encourage parents to send their kids to school. Some parents want their children to work on the farm and they see no need for western education. This is one of the reasons that agricultural science was introduced. To convince parents that education will also help the kids on the farm.

nice
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Acme45: 11:19pm On Dec 09, 2019
hammerU:

We are talking marriage not universal age of maturity.

There is nothing like that, we have 18 year old that are very immature and childish.

21years is better.
them never give you 18 for now na 21 you dey look for marriage in the north.to them 18 is even too old.i just pray the Gov implement it immediately so that things will get better.but I wonder if the religious beliefs of the people will allow the good move by the Gov
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Acme45: 11:27pm On Dec 09, 2019
bolayei:

And he said that at a human right function. It's a woman's right to get married. So illiterates can't get married as if it'd not their right. What if the girl finish secondary school at 15 yrs old. Put age limit not educational limit.
it's impossible for any child to finish secondary school by 15 in the north s go and find out

1 Like

Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by YourArewaSister: 11:29pm On Dec 09, 2019
One step at a time. Hope and pray that this will be implemented and school becomes mandatory and free for all primary and secondary students particularly in the North and the entire country.

Another big issue is the training of teachers. No one would want to be at school when the teacher does not know what to do with you.
Up Kano State government!!!

1 Like

Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by kikake: 12:18am On Dec 10, 2019
Olajumoke11:
The old men in Kano won’t be happy about this news

Let the northern people get thorough education. In fifty years time, north shall drive these half educated southerners into the Atlantic.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Judybash93(m): 3:32am On Dec 10, 2019
Secondary school?? No.. That's but enough in my opinion, they need to educate women to the highest point that they can get to. Even though it's better than what used to be the main practice, i still think the standards should be raised. It is a fact that if you educate women, there's more return as compared to educating men...
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by jumper524(m): 7:47am On Dec 10, 2019
babyfaceafrica:

education is free in kano

1 Like

Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Afamed: 8:59am On Dec 10, 2019
helinues:

Who is this new trollers again oo.. Una no wan make person enjoy NL in peace
Are you new to all these wailing children on Nairaland? The chief whiner you quoted has been a while on Nairaland, only he had no data to post his jagoon previously on Nairaland. # God bless Glo borrow me data
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by helinues: 9:03am On Dec 10, 2019
Afamed:

Are you new to all these wailing children on Nairaland? The chief whiner you quoted has been a while on Nairaland, only he had no data to post his jagoon previously on Nairaland. # God bless Glo borrow me data

Broda, NL is becoming boring these days due to trollers activities.. As if they just released them from their cages
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by kayusely70(m): 9:12am On Dec 10, 2019
The laudable policy should be emulated by all the northern states
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by UndauntedYOCA(f): 9:21am On Dec 10, 2019
I'm Yoruba by tribe but I'm so in lovs with Kano state. A welcome development.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Okoroawusa: 9:41am On Dec 10, 2019
Kendumazy:
Law for the common man, the rich one among them know their ways to marry their thing without completing primary school sef. It's a nice law anyway!
The rich educated men don't marry under age girls.
Even the idea of marrying more than one wife is no longer in Vogue for young educated northern men
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Okoroawusa: 9:44am On Dec 10, 2019
Acme45:
them never give you 18 for now na 21 you dey look for marriage in the north.to them 18 is even too old.i just pray the Gov implement it immediately so that things will get better.but I wonder if the religious beliefs of the people will allow the good move by the Gov
Bro it has nothing to do with religion. It's cultural laced with religion. Egypt, Tunisia, turkey, Morocco, Algeria r Islamic countries too
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Legendguru: 4:23pm On Dec 10, 2019
Oh
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by nick50(m): 5:25pm On Dec 10, 2019
Illiteracy and north are like 5&6..they will still swear affidavit and give their daughters out to those gworo chewing abokis
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by AgentNairaland(f): 6:15pm On Dec 10, 2019
Aisha The Most Adorable Wife Of Late Prophet Muhammad Was 9yr Of Age When Muhammad At 52 Married Her...

This People Should Not Go Against The Sunnah Of Late Prophet Muhammad
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Blue3k(m): 6:26pm On Dec 10, 2019
Lol Im surprised nobody brought the fact you can get married in any neighboring state. The government will still recognize those marriages so the law can easily be circumvented.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Chiggsglover(m): 7:16pm On Dec 10, 2019
I'm soooooo happy for this oooo, thank God that they won't be rushing to become mothers without improving their brain, after this the next is Almajiri boys. That one has made me weak since I served in the north.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by naptu2: 7:30pm On Dec 10, 2019
Chiggsglover:
I'm soooooo happy for this oooo, thank God that they won't be rushing to become mothers without improving their brain, after this the next is Almajiri boys. That one has made me weak since I served in the north.

They said that they are going to integrate "Almajiri" education with Western education.

1 Like

Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by Chiggsglover(m): 8:00pm On Dec 10, 2019
naptu2:

They said that they are going to integrate "Almajiri" education with Western education.

It's not enough, those boys are still wandering about, fatherless, motherless, homeless, educationless and all the less that me and you enjoyed as kids that made us who we are today. They need to outlaw giving birth to excess number of kids and dashing them to learn on the street. They dash out the ones they cant feed, its horrible, the females are the ones that have value to them cos of bride price and other business they carry out before they marry.
Re: Kano Girls Must Finish Secondary School Before They Can Get Married - State Govt by naptu2: 12:43am On Dec 11, 2019
Chiggsglover:

It's not enough, those boys are still wandering about, fatherless, motherless, homeless, educationless and all the less that me and you enjoyed as kids that made us who we are today. They need to outlaw giving birth to excess number of kids and dashing them to learn on the street. They dash out the ones they cant feed, its horrible, the females are the ones that have value to them cos of bride price and other business they carry out before they marry.

That is precisely what the policy is about.

1) It is free and compulsory education (so they are not "educationless" )

2) They are forbidden from begging and roaming about (so there's no wandering about)

3) It is western education, so there's no "dashing them out to learn on the street"

4) Outlawing giving birth is a violation of fundamental human rights, so that's not going to happen. What you can do is advocacy, but you can't outlaw it.

Have you actually read the policy?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Owerri Jailbreak: Names Of Escaped Prisoners Wanted By Police (Updated) / Aguleri People Destroy Tony Nwoye's Office, Property At Otuocha (Video) / Restructuring: Southern Leaders Barred From Flying To Makurdi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.