Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,478 members, 7,830,408 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement (19381 Views)

Olaoye: Court Sacks Soun Of Ogbomoso, Orders Fresh Selection process / Emir Sanusi Sacks Alhaji Auwalu, Palace Chief For Welcoming Ganduje / Photo Of Ooni Of Ife's New Wife As Claimed By Women Of Rubies (But It Is Fake) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by grandeoj09(m): 6:53am On Dec 12, 2019
I know this OBALUFE , he's among those that destroy Nigeria Maritime sector before he left to become the OBALUFE .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by IbadanNews: 6:55am On Dec 12, 2019
vibbb:
If DSS can disobey court order, Adediwura can also do same.

He no fit try am sef... the gods will rust his ass from behind.

But wait oooo.... why court removing an Oba?... Is their god sleeping all these years that the man has ranked next to Ooni?

Its better he vacate jeje.... make their god no vex for him head.
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Brunicekid(m): 6:57am On Dec 12, 2019
ReubenE:
We can't just do things well in this country.
From presidential elections even to the level of picking a class captain.

We may never rise again. The rot is just too much
Nigeria will rise again in Jesus Name.

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by chukwugoziegi: 7:02am On Dec 12, 2019
chinavs9ja:
I don't even know the job of these Obas sef undecided Unlike the 70s and 80s where they are very active, protect the integrity of their people. But now, Reverse is the case they are all after money. I am confused as they all kept mute regarding what is happening in Nigeria currently angry

Check my signature biko

Kings only Reign these days, they don't Rule.
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by chinavs9ja(m): 7:04am On Dec 12, 2019
Oblongata:
Na dem vote?
So why are they on throne? To be eating pounded yam, sleeping, worship gods? They are traditional rulers atleast they should contribute positively to the society

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by chinavs9ja(m): 7:06am On Dec 12, 2019
chukwugoziegi:

Kings only Reign these days, they don't Rule.
Their contributions are highly needed at this point where just a common man cannot speak. They are not there to be eating yam, they should contribute to the society

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Wickedfacts: 7:12am On Dec 12, 2019
KIDfurniture:
Lol my brother u will not kill me. gods that drink expe sive champagne and need sexy OAU babes to cool down pressure. My brother I know the story well. Everything is buying and selling in Nigeria. Highest bidder always win. gods left nigeria in 1960

The Ooni is not like the mediocre warrant chiefs you have in your place. You can't be enjoying the hospitality of Yorubas and still be insulting Yoruba Ọbas.

If your parents failed to give you home training, we would give you here.
Watch your utterances

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by chukwugoziegi: 7:12am On Dec 12, 2019
chinavs9ja:

Their contributions are highly needed at this point where just a common man cannot speak. They are not there to be eating yam, they should contribute to the society

Since they get paid by the government, they would rather sit down and say nothing that contribute to all that is going on.
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by joyandfaith: 7:13am On Dec 12, 2019
Hallabee1:

not all, like the post of the Ooni, Alaafin and some top Kings like that are gods chosen one while the some in which staff of office is given to them by the governor can also be removed by the same gov. This post of Obalufe is not an elected post so their must have been a by pass to it

One Alaafin Adeyemi, the father of present Alaafin was sacked by Awolowo then premier of western region. Obas are at mercy of governor

3 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by fergie001: 7:18am On Dec 12, 2019
KIDfurniture:
Lol my brother u will not kill me. gods that drink expe sive champagne and need sexy OAU babes to cool down pressure. My brother I know the story well. Everything is buying and selling in Nigeria. Highest bidder always win. gods left nigeria in 1960
I remember the Supreme Court removing the Sultan during the Abacha era.

A former Gov (Olabisi Onabanjo) also removing the Awujale though the Courts reversed it in 1984.
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Hallabee1(m): 7:26am On Dec 12, 2019
joyandfaith:

One Alaafin Adeyemi, the father of present Alaafin was sacked by Awolowo then premier of western region. Obas are at mercy of governor

you are right but talking about Awolowo, that man is not an ordinary man, Fayose removed one King in Ekiti ( was it the Ewi of Ado ) during his first tenure and he was impeached and the king was reinstall back. Some Kings and powerful beyond the gov, recall what happened between Oba of Lagos and Ooni of Ife
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by mechanics(m): 7:26am On Dec 12, 2019
chinavs9ja:
I don't even know the job of these Obas sef undecided Unlike the 70s and 80s where they are very active, protect the integrity of their people. But now, Reverse is the case they are all after money. I am confused as they all kept mute regarding what is happening in Nigeria currently angry

Check my signature biko
They are there to enrich themselves.
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by ReubenE(m): 7:26am On Dec 12, 2019
Brunicekid:
Nigeria will rise again in Jesus Name.
Amen
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Hallabee1(m): 7:28am On Dec 12, 2019
KIDfurniture:

I concur ..this is the Nigeria we find ourselves
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by chinavs9ja(m): 7:29am On Dec 12, 2019
mechanics:
They are there to enrich themselves.
Exactly!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by InvertedHammer: 7:33am On Dec 12, 2019
/
A woman sacked the Obalufe?

grin grin grin

/
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by joyandfaith: 7:39am On Dec 12, 2019
Hallabee1:

you are right but talking about Awolowo, that man is not an ordinary man, Fayose removed one King in Ekiti ( was it the Ewi of Ado ) during his first tenure and he was impeached and the king was reinstall back. Some Kings and powerful beyond the gov, recall what happened between Oba of Lagos and Ooni of Ife
lagos governor can remove oba of lagos just oyetola can remove ooni. yes I agree that some kings are extraordinary powerful like ooni, alaafin, oba of Benin or etc but they do not interfere with state governance issue as precaution.

2 Likes

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by juman(m): 9:31am On Dec 12, 2019
Many towns and cities in Yoruba land their king makers do not do things responsibly.

They should fear God.

Bigger problem is the governors have great influence on who to pick as the next king.
The very corrupt governors.
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by juman(m): 9:38am On Dec 12, 2019
Kudos to the judiciary, it is the savior of the people treated unjustly.

Despite our judiciary has many k-leg and many imperfections.
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by cyrilamx(m): 12:05pm On Dec 12, 2019
Hallabee1:

Ooni can't be fired, it's not a political appointed post rather by the gods ...
As long as it wasn't hereditary, the Ooni stool unlike the Benin stool is subject to litigation. You cant just wake and say the gods chose a man to be king. Look at the way Ganduje is tossing the Kano monarchy up and down cos it was a political creation. You cant even hear much about the Benin Monarch's wives let alone divorce as the Ooni of Ife was enmeshed in sometime last year. Whatever people believe, the Benin Monarchy stands tall ahead of Ife.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by cyrilamx(m): 12:07pm On Dec 12, 2019
joyandfaith:

Except one. The Benin Monarch.
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by johnson8213: 12:34pm On Dec 12, 2019
olayemioshiyemi:
Oba awon Oba ( king of kings) remain the only king that can't be sack by any competent court in the whole wild world . Truly you are a majesty.

MY BROTHER, THERE IS NO COMPETENT COURT ON EARTH AS FAR AS GOD IS CONCERNED OOOOO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Hallabee1(m): 1:06pm On Dec 12, 2019
cyrilamx:
As long as it wasn't hereditary, the Ooni stool unlike the Benin stool is subject to litigation. You cant just wake and say the gods chose a man to be king. Look at the way Ganduje is tossing the Kano monarchy up and down cos it was a political creation. You cant even hear much about the Benin Monarch's wives let alone divorce as the Ooni of Ife was enmeshed in sometime last year. Whatever people believe, the Benin Monarchy stands tall ahead of Ife.

you are right about the Benin kingdom,he doesn't leave the palace and is well respected, likewise few among the yorubas of which I believe is what they will eat that take away their brain...
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by joyandfaith: 1:53pm On Dec 12, 2019
cyrilamx:

one oba of Benin was also exiled to calabar by colonial government. any king can be humilated by government in power.

1 Like

Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Amalekki: 2:08pm On Dec 12, 2019
cyrilamx:
This is about law and constitution not beliefs. The Benin monarch or any other monarch can be removed by the governor of the state. How they act to avoid such situation is a different issue.
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by cyrilamx(m): 3:20pm On Dec 12, 2019
Amalekki:

This is about law and constitution not beliefs. The Benin monarch or any other monarch can be removed by the governor of the state. How they act to avoid such situation is a different issue.
Oga go and try it and see if u will live to tell it. Onyeregbulem once tried even suspension of the Oba from council of chief thinking it was a political tool like that obtainable in the East. He paid with his life. In Benin, forget about constitution the Oba 8s higher than the governor. Go make ur findings.
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by cyrilamx(m): 3:24pm On Dec 12, 2019
joyandfaith:

one oba of Benin was also exiled to calabar by colonial government. any king can be humilated by government in power.
That is d fate of mortals. Your conqueror can humiliate u. Even Jewish kings purportedly chosen by God have been humiliated before by another king, British monarchs in history have been humiliated by more powerful monarchs. But despite the act of the British, they couldn't destroy the Benin monarchy though only reducing its reach. Still the direct heir of the exiled Ovonramwen-his first son became Oba once Ovonramwen joined his ancestors. No governor or court dare toil with the Benin throne. make ur own research
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Nobody: 3:46pm On Dec 12, 2019
joyandfaith:

What you just said is not accurate. When the Oba of Benin was exiled there was no such thing as colonial government. The Oba of Benin was the ruler of a sovereign country called Benin Empire or Benin Kingdom with it's capital called Benin City. Benin fought a war against England and lost. After the loss, the Oba of Benin was sent into exile by the British crown.
Napoleon went through the same fate, so did the emperor of Russia and the King of Germany. I think you are mistaking losing a war with being sacked by a governor. Not the same thing at all !
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Nobody: 3:48pm On Dec 12, 2019
cyrilamx:
That is d fate of mortals. Your conqueror can humiliate u. Even Jewish kings purportedly chosen by God have been humiliated before by another king, British monarchs in history have been humiliated by more powerful monarchs. But despite the act of the British, they couldn't destroy the Benin monarchy though only reducing its reach. Still the direct heir of the exiled Ovonramwen-his first son became Oba once Ovonramwen joined his ancestors. No governor or court dare toil with the Benin throne. make ur own research
Being exiled is not a humiliation, giving up your land without fighting is. Oba Ovonramwen gave the Brits a good fight. That is all that matters in the end.
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by okikigsm: 6:30pm On Dec 12, 2019
Amukun eru e wo is their case.the so called process has been tampered with.highest bider is enthroned these days.
Re: Court Sacks Idowu Adediwura As Obalufe Of Ife, Orders Replacement by Amalekki: 10:47pm On Dec 12, 2019
cyrilamx:
Oga go and try it and see if u will live to tell it. Onyeregbulem once tried even suspension of the Oba from council of chief thinking it was a political tool like that obtainable in the East. He paid with his life. In Benin, forget about constitution the Oba 8s higher than the governor. Go make ur findings.
Are you sure this is not mere beer parlor exaggeration? grin
Onyearugbulem successfully handed over power to democratically elected Gov Lucky Igbinedion in May 1999. He died July 2002 actively involved in politics & ANPP governorship aspirant in Imo State. How convenient to claim his death was related to his decision on Edo council of chiefs in 1998? grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Omugwo: An Igbo Aspect Of Life. / Bí Ase Ń Fi Àmì Ohùn Sí Orí Ọ̀rọ̀ Yorùbá(how To Type Yorùbá Language With Accent / An Emirati Singing Yoruba Praise And Worship In His Shop In Dubai.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.