Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:42 AM

Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action (38746 Views)

NIN: NIMC Workers Suspend Strike / Gur Mohammed: Electricity Workers Protest In Abuja Over Sack Of MD / Electricity Workers Begin Nationwide Strike, Blackout Looms (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by oluwapoju(m): 7:49am On Dec 12, 2019
The National Union of Electricity Employees (NUEE) has suspended its strike action embarked upon on Wednesday to draw federal government’s attention to the plight of its members.

Following a meeting with officials of the federal government, the union accepted to discontinue the one-day old strike action.

According the National President of NUEE, Comrade Joe Ajaero who confirmed the outcome of the meeting to THISDAY, the workers’ grievances were conclusively addressed.

He said that all the concerns of the union and it’s members were addressed at the talks which lasted till the wee hours of today.

“ We have concluded deliberations and all issues were addressed but we are awaiting implementation.

Meanwhile, our strike action is suspended,” Ajaero said.

Following the expiration of the 21 days ultimatum issued by NUEE to the Minister of Power, Saleh Mamman, to implement their demands, and the failure of the minister to dialogue with the union before the ultimatum which lapsed midnight Tuesday, a nationwide blackout was imminent as electricity workers began indefinite strike Wednesday morning.

The strike action led to the shutting down of most of the offices of Distribution Companies (Discos) across the country.

https://www.thisdaylive.com/index.php/2019/12/12/relief-as-electricity-workers-suspend-strike-action

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by neoclassical: 8:16am On Dec 12, 2019
I will believe you guys when I see light in my house.

175 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by diegwu02: 8:24am On Dec 12, 2019
neoclassical:
I will believe you guys when I see light in my house.
Your case is different, you guys have a blown transformer. You wont still see any light until your area raise the 21 million NEPA is asking for. grin grin

100 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by neoclassical: 8:34am On Dec 12, 2019
diegwu02:
Your case is different, you guys have a blown transformer. You wont still see any light until your area raise the 21 million NEPA is asking for. grin grin
lol, wicked sombori

46 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by money121(m): 9:09am On Dec 12, 2019
Sakamaje

62 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by Donaldoni: 9:09am On Dec 12, 2019
Thank God

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by nellybadas: 9:10am On Dec 12, 2019
The thing is we didn't notice there was strike because we rarely have light in my area.

63 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by Aturitoroman: 9:10am On Dec 12, 2019
sad
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by ANTONINEUTRON(m): 9:10am On Dec 12, 2019
THANK GOD O

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by hisexcellency34: 9:10am On Dec 12, 2019
Wehrey pipu. I didnt even know they went on hunger strike. Throughout yesterday, I was busy with the Major General thing

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by lasunray(m): 9:10am On Dec 12, 2019
Let there be Light

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by Ebonygirl1(f): 9:11am On Dec 12, 2019
smiley
Oya they should bring light o. Wanna charge my stuff

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by AsomArchitectNG(m): 9:11am On Dec 12, 2019
Strike or no strike it still doesn't make any difference as there's always black out in Nigeria

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by Afedminister49: 9:11am On Dec 12, 2019
No be lie..
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by RichDad1(m): 9:11am On Dec 12, 2019
Nonsense and ingredients.

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by anonimi: 9:11am On Dec 12, 2019
diegwu02:

Not possible in this next level change of integrity era.
Forget it.
No more corruption. And there is so much revenue for all the agencies etc.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/2529890_image_jpeg9f360c5ab7736510df54c882e9dbf188

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by lawalosky(m): 9:11am On Dec 12, 2019
everybody and anybody want to be relevant in this country..
how can someone be telling nepa went on strike yestaday, how will i know when i have not seen a beam of light in my area close to a week now

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by mamaa88(f): 9:11am On Dec 12, 2019
Please we need the light more than the president of this country,if you quote me may Eke idemili swallow u

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by Jamesilvar(m): 9:11am On Dec 12, 2019
Abeg make dem bring light biko.
My gen dey work too hard.
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by Thetechhub(m): 9:12am On Dec 12, 2019
Xmas Bonanza.
Mint like new UK used Apple iPhone X Factory unlocked available. 64gig 175k
Plus free original charger and box inclusive.
O810OO3544O4

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by anonimi: 9:13am On Dec 12, 2019

10 Likes

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by Horlami4u(m): 9:13am On Dec 12, 2019
No light ooooooooooo. Who their strike help self. When dey no strike no light

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by omowolewa: 9:13am On Dec 12, 2019
They strike before?

No difference

1 Like

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by Richie7(m): 9:14am On Dec 12, 2019
cool
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by Confirmedzombie: 9:15am On Dec 12, 2019
God bless Buhari for upholding the rule of law. This is great victory to our democracy.

Thank you mr president for your prompt intervention.

We the entire Nigerians are solidly behind you sir.

God bless Buhari

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by EbukaHades10(m): 9:16am On Dec 12, 2019
Ope Oo.
Until 10pm b4 them go bring light

5 Likes

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by Bigval5: 9:16am On Dec 12, 2019
Finally

Are you a graduate? And you finding it hard to get jobs?
Have you been applying and you haven't been called for an interview? Worry no more, just check out below

Our web is primarily designed to serve meticulously Job applicants, on how to apply for job vacancies and get employed by sending free verified job vacancies to all our visitors and do preliminary interview to trained them on how to answer interview questions.

Pls check us out below We are available to service at your convenience. Thank you
Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by Ogbenisoft28(m): 9:16am On Dec 12, 2019
������ madt oh

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by Nobody: 9:16am On Dec 12, 2019
The cry from people during the 24hrs strike indicated that our supply system is not at its worse state.

3 Likes

Re: Electricity Workers Suspend Strike Action by Kylekent59: 9:16am On Dec 12, 2019
What da hell is wrong with this country?

No power supply since yesterday's morning.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

President Jonathan Is Our Mandela ~ Doyin Okupe (on AIT) December 6, 2013 / Tambuwal Deals With Driver Breaking Traffic Law / Zainab Asari Dokubo Is Dead. Accident Kills Asari Dokubo's Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.