Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,751 members, 7,813,475 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:45 PM

See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor (8835 Views)

See Me Eating In Prison- Orji Kalu; Police Arrests Duncan Mighty;tacha Is Destin / See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor / In Prison, Orji Uzor Kalu Begins Another Chapter Of Life (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by contigiency(m): 3:41am On Dec 14, 2019
THIS is a classic instance of the instability of human conditions. At the age of 20, he had become a millionaire at a time the naira was worth more than the dollar. At 26, he became the youngest Nigerian to receive the National Merit Award during the Ibrahim Babangida-led military administration in 1986.

Orji Uzor Kalu became the governor of Abia State when he was not yet 40 and ruled the state for eight years between 1999 and 2007. He capped a life on the fast lane with his recent election as the senator representing Abia North, eventually emerging as the Chief Whip in the upper chamber of the National Assembly.

But all that took a dramatic turn penultimate Thursday with his conviction by the Lagos Division of the Federal High Court which sentenced him to 12 years imprisonment for N7.65 billion fraud while he held sway as Abia State governor.

Although he has become a prison inmate since then, Sentry gathered that the reality of his new condition did not dawn on him until some of his associates began to visit him in the prison. Recall that the former governor reportedly asked the prison officials who led him out of the court after the judge pronounced his conviction: “Where are we going now?”

A few days after he landed in prison, one of his business associates was said to have paid him a sympathy visit but was shocked at the pitiable picture cut by the former governor, who was said to be wearing a pair of bathroom slippers.

“See me now eating in the prison,” a pensive Kalu reportedly told his visitor, who struggled to find the words that could console him. An erstwhile colleague of his as governor, who spent some time in incarceration, also visited him. The flamboyant ex-governor advised him to stay strong and regard his travails as another phase of life.

Sentry gathered that the former Abia State governor has been moved from Lagos to the Kuje Prison in Abuja for reasons no one could fathom.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by daddytime(m): 3:41am On Dec 14, 2019
Lagos to Kuje to his bedroom.

Na Naija we dey....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by contigiency(m): 3:41am On Dec 14, 2019
This life is full of ups and down. Unfortunately, people hardly learn from things like this.
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by Frankiss44(m): 3:48am On Dec 14, 2019
Time changes yesterday...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by NSNA: 3:52am On Dec 14, 2019
Lock them all up or free them all. For they are all the the same and it is injustice that one should be treated differently than the other.

2 Likes

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by RIHMEEK(m): 3:54am On Dec 14, 2019
Taa if I hear, He will surely have access to nutrious food, clean beddings, tv to watch enyimba matches, wifi access, newspaper and even conjugal visit...The only thing he lacks is his freedom of movement for the time been. Is not the Nigerian prison officials again?.. The will only regret it if the are thrown into the general prison population by the time the guys there would have reformatted their brain cells..

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by joyandfaith: 4:03am On Dec 14, 2019
medical treatment in abroad is loading

2 Likes

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by GasAndOilTheory(m): 4:06am On Dec 14, 2019
The prison is the safest place to be... According to a judge...

5 Likes

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by RoyalBlu(f): 4:22am On Dec 14, 2019
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by celeiyke: 4:30am On Dec 14, 2019
Nigerians and photoshopping, him wear suit for jail?

4 Likes

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by helinues: 4:38am On Dec 14, 2019
Oni Kuje of Kuje prison
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by Solsix(m): 4:41am On Dec 14, 2019
This life is so unpredictable, nah only God go out help person

1 Like

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by Richdad50(m): 4:46am On Dec 14, 2019
You are a Useful Idiot and a slave to political slavery.
GasAndOilTheory:
The prison is the safest place to be... According to a judge...

Have no fear brother. You may come out and become the president of the federal Republic just like Obasanjo
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by ivandragon: 6:20am On Dec 14, 2019
We need more of this. No one should be above the law.

1 Like

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by lonelydora: 6:22am On Dec 14, 2019
We warned them that a Fulani never forgives and will always use and dump people.

He said No, he prefers Northerners

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by Nobody: 6:25am On Dec 14, 2019
Ok
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by contigiency(m): 6:32am On Dec 14, 2019
lonelydora:
We warned them that a Fulani never forgives and will always use and dump people.

He said No, he prefers Northerners

You are a problem to the society. The court said that they found a former governor guilty of looting above 7 billion out of the state fund. Instead of you to condemn it, you are there calling the Fulani's. What have they got to do with this? Why will you seek for the Fulani's to forgive him? Is it the Fulani's money or that of the Abians that is involved here? Let's always make use of the education we have received whenever we want to deal with issues in the public.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by orisa37: 6:47am On Dec 14, 2019
contigiency:
THIS is a classic instance of the instability of human conditions. At the age of 20, he had become a millionaire at a time the naira was worth more than the dollar. At 26, he became the youngest Nigerian to receive the National Merit Award during the Ibrahim Babangida-led military administration in 1986.

Orji Uzor Kalu became the governor of Abia State when he was not yet 40 and ruled the state for eight years between 1999 and 2007. He capped a life on the fast lane with his recent election as the senator representing Abia North, eventually emerging as the Chief Whip in the upper chamber of the National Assembly.

But all that took a dramatic turn penultimate Thursday with his conviction by the Lagos Division of the Federal High Court which sentenced him to 12 years imprisonment for N7.65 billion fraud while he held sway as Abia State governor.

Although he has become a prison inmate since then, Sentry gathered that the reality of his new condition did not dawn on him until some of his associates began to visit him in the prison. Recall that the former governor reportedly asked the prison officials who led him out of the court after the judge pronounced his conviction: “Where are we going now?”

A few days after he landed in prison, one of his business associates was said to have paid him a sympathy visit but was shocked at the pitiable picture cut by the former governor, who was said to be wearing a pair of bathroom slippers.

“See me now eating in the prison,” a pensive Kalu reportedly told his visitor, who struggled to find the words that could console him. An erstwhile colleague of his as governor, who spent some time in incarceration, also visited him. The flamboyant ex-governor advised him to stay strong and regard his travails as another phase of life.

Sentry gathered that the former Abia State governor has been moved from Lagos to the Kuje Prison in Abuja for reasons no one could fathom.

Orji is shameless.
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by segebase(m): 7:00am On Dec 14, 2019
B
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by Nickshrapnel: 7:49am On Dec 14, 2019
Why do I have the feeling that this man will not complete his term and receive a pardon
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by JAWBONE(m): 7:53am On Dec 14, 2019
Collect free Ethereum $ETH every hour here

https://free-ethereum.io/?referer=388870
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by OgaBuhari: 7:54am On Dec 14, 2019
@ second pics. why is he still using suit in prison?
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by Iwanttoto: 8:01am On Dec 14, 2019
contigiency:

You are a problem to the society. The court said that they found a former governor guilty of looting above 7 billion out of the state fund. Instead of you to condemn it, you are there calling the Fulani's. What have they got to do with this? Why will you seek for the Fulani's to forgive him? Is it the Fulani's money or that of the Abians that is involved here? Let's always make use of the education we have received whenever we 0want to deal with issues in the public.

U suppose know say Nairaland na d headquarters of idiiots

4 Likes

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by Bigcowhorn: 8:05am On Dec 14, 2019
[s]
OgaBuhari:
@ second pics. why is he still using suit in prison?
[/s]

Shut up
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by technicallyrich(m): 8:20am On Dec 14, 2019
I support kalu imprisonment.
The igbos are the most talented black people in the world.and aba is the head quaters of their craft.
Give them basic amenities,yet the fool these side to loot the money.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by jom28gy(m): 8:25am On Dec 14, 2019
a lesson can not be learnt here, since it was done with interior motives,to quench his political Carrier
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by Conceptman: 8:46am On Dec 14, 2019
O ga o
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by TheGoodJoe(m): 8:48am On Dec 14, 2019
Sowore: GEJ's Condemnation Was Not An Endorsement Of Buhari

https://www.nairaland.com/5581050/sowore-gejs-condemnation-not-endorsement#84897223
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by contigiency(m): 9:11am On Dec 14, 2019
Nickshrapnel:
Why do I have the feeling that this man will not complete his term and receive a pardon

Malaria beckons. Treat it before it gets too bad.
Re: See Me Eating In Prison, Orji Kalu Tells Visitor by lonelydora: 9:25am On Dec 14, 2019
contigiency:

You are a problem to the society. The court said that they found a former governor guilty of looting above 7 billion out of the state fund. Instead of you to condemn it, you are there calling the Fulani's. What have they got to do with this? Why will you seek for the Fulani's to forgive him? Is it the Fulani's money or that of the Abians that is involved here? Let's always make use of the education we have received whenever we want to deal with issues in the public.

Don't misunderstand me. I am very happy Orji Uzo was jailed. He thought by joining APC his sins will be forgiven. Isn't it better he stayed with PPA and still get jailed, instead of betraying his people.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi Receives Izuchukwu, Enugu-Born Winner Of Scientists Presidential Award / President Jonathan With Ali Modu Sheriff (Pictures) / Breaking: IPOB Defy Security Directives And March In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.