Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,832 members, 7,813,761 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:51 PM

Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason (61909 Views)

Oluwo Akanbi Faces Dethronement As Criminal Past Of Deported Monarch Emerges / Oluwo Akanbi: Infect Me With Coronavirus & Leave The Rest Of The World Out Of It / Protesters Demand Suspension Of Oluwo Akanbi For Beating Oba Dhikirulahi Olabira (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by omoashy: 9:42pm On Dec 15, 2019
Shock. Then anger crept in when, today, December 15, 2019, the Oluwo of Iwo land, Oba Abdurrosheed Adewale Akanbi Telu 1 declared he was done with the wedlock to his Jamaican queen.

This is a monarch who would constantly remind you of his love for his queen and even gave her a crown like a king!

There was a time he also labeled her as the most beautiful queen in the universe!

Born in Canada but raised by a British mum and a Canadian father, Ms Chanel Chin must have married the Oluwo of Iwo due to her love for Africa and an urge to understand the culture.
But she got it all wrong! African monarchs are not tied to one woman. They are polygamists and they love to have a harem of women.

“That was the initial hiccups they had,” a palace source revealed exclusively to Kemi Ashefon.
“The Oluwo had a wife, Olori Jumoke Akanbi with children, before he met his Jamaican Queen.
Maybe she forgot that she can’t have him all to herself. She was so possessive of the King that he abandoned his sons and Olori Jumoke.
If Queen Chanel thought she could handle the king in his Iwo palace, she never knew there are other concubines she could not trace or see when she wasn’t with him.

As a matter of fact, there was a royal brouhaha in 2018 when she moved out of the palace after discovering Kabiyesi was having an affair with a woman from Iwo!

She could not cope with the idea of sharing her husband and the response of the monarch wasn’t encouraging either.

So, Queen Chanel packed out of the palace in 2018, her husband got furious and he also deleted all her photos from his Instagram account.

Though he later debunked the story of any problem with his marriage, Oluwo of Iwo wasn’t smart enough to cover his philandering acts and after their reconciliation, the same trouble started between the royal couple,” sources said.

The ex queen, who obviously didn’t want to embrace polygamy said in an interview granted PUNCH in 2017 she would be sad at the idea of the king marrying another woman.

“How will you react if Kabiyesi marries another wife?” she was asked.
Her response was, “Hummmm. It is the culture here and there is nothing I can do. Although I won’t be happy, I don’t think he wants to marry another wife. I will accept it because it is part of the culture here. Although it is part of the culture here but things are changing. Polygamy is giving way to monogamy in this modern time and I think it is a good one.”

If she was diplomatic enough to answer that question, she threw caution to the wind when asked if she was the first wife of the Oluwo of Iwo.
Her response?
“Yes. There is no other wife.”

Palace sources said the queen must have been uncomfortable with the king’s other wife, Jumoke Akanbi and her children.

But before today’s divorce, Olori Jumoke Akanbi, Oluwo of Iwo’s wife of 18 years was not officially recognised by palace officials.

Well, things must have fallen apart again between the controversial king and his ‘Oyinbo’ queen, who could not share her man with other women. They called it quits.

She is said to have packed out of the palace and the furious king who must have begged her as usual, took the bull by the horn and declared her an ex queen.

In a statement by the Chief Press Secretary to Oluwo Palace, Alli Ibraheem, the monarch said Chanel has ceased to be his queen due to an irreconcilable difference.

The statement reads:

“This is to inform the general public most especially friends and associates of the Oluwo of Iwoland, His Imperial Majesty, Oba (Dr.) Abdulrosheed Adewale Akanbi, Telu I, that Ms Chanel Chin is an ex-queen of his majesty.
“This information is necessary for the attention of the general public to avoid representation on proxy or accordance of respect attached to the sacred stool of Oluwo to her.

For personal irreconcilable differences, Chanel Chin ceased to be his Majesty’s queen. We equally enjoin the public to disregard any business transaction or request with her using the office of his majesty.”

http://kemiashefonlovehaven.com/?p=37488

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by Olaolex: 9:48pm On Dec 15, 2019
Slay Queen

25 Likes

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by daddytime(m): 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2019
The original slay Queen...

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by Untainted007: 5:37am On Dec 16, 2019
Polygamy runs in their blood. She didn't want to share a man who is already sharing himself freely. Dey fool urself there madam ex queen.

72 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by MVLOX(m): 6:01am On Dec 16, 2019
I just dey laff ooo

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by dangotesmummy: 6:04am On Dec 16, 2019
It's impossible for an African monarch not to be polygamous or absolute.

Even if he doesn't want to be the palace officials will pressure him and put ideas into his head

Usually a typical African man is egoistic not to talk of a monarch.my dear you should have counted your cost whilst counting the privileges in becoming a queen.they come with baggages too and disgusting things behind the glamour

Well,it's time to move on.afterall you had a life before you were a wife of the king,go back to that.i wish you all the best

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by segebase(m): 6:42am On Dec 16, 2019
Wetin concern mi

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by YorubaLord: 7:21am On Dec 16, 2019
The fool just want get Canadian citizenship...

If you know, you too sabi. grin

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by mimilogs: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2019
Lol polygammy grin
Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by deepwater(f): 9:00am On Dec 16, 2019
she no fine before na

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by solmusdesigns: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2019
grin

Emir Oluwo my niggar, Yoruba Demon colonising kpekus everywhere

Tinubu packed all his way back niggars and fixed them somewhere, Aregbsola benefited from that same as current Oni and Oba of Lagos, Now Aregbesola also packed all the Poly Ibadan G guys that they smoke weed together in to power and fixed them real good

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by Yahman1(m): 9:01am On Dec 16, 2019
Abeg I no fit laff cheesy

So she doesn't want to share the Man with anybody cheesy

mere looking at her sef u go know sey na Rock she go be for the other affairs, after taking Jamaican w**d she wan kill the Man only her cheesy
Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by MorataFC: 9:01am On Dec 16, 2019
Ok
Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by Christiana24: 9:01am On Dec 16, 2019
cry

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by Factfinder1(m): 9:01am On Dec 16, 2019
Lies bullcrap...whats our business and why do they need to explain to the world??..na we wed them before
Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by RichDad1(m): 9:01am On Dec 16, 2019
YorubaLord:
The fool just want get Canadian citizenship...

If you know, you too sabi. grin
You know nothing Jon snow. The ex queen is a Jamaican.

9 Likes

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by BabaIbo: 9:01am On Dec 16, 2019
Op point of correction...

Real reason Emir of Iwo divorced Queen Chanel

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 16, 2019
The only thing that is paining me is that she is not the first wife, yet she divorced because the king wants to taste another recipe.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by Nobody: 9:02am On Dec 16, 2019
I don’t blame her not every woman wants her man to shrivel up later in life pay attention to people’s legs all those scars are signs of health issues don’t go and bed and spread rubbish in the name of monarchy your people must survive.

Look at The Royals and how they all live as one happy family Living through generations but no African man must pack more than he was even created for grin

5 Likes

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by RexTramadol1: 9:03am On Dec 16, 2019
Philandering Kabiyesi
Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by kolafolabi(m): 9:03am On Dec 16, 2019
As expected.. Maybe the King is trying to emulate the King of Swaziland with many wives

1 Like

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by Davidzy23(m): 9:03am On Dec 16, 2019
For me I will just simply say.....

I have no comment.. Thank you

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by 24kmagic: 9:04am On Dec 16, 2019
kiss
Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by berbs: 9:04am On Dec 16, 2019
Heeyah! Pele
Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by Beremx(f): 9:04am On Dec 16, 2019
But she knew the king was married before.

Anyways, cane wey dem use flog first wife na im dem go use flog other wives

7 Likes

Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by skkslar: 9:05am On Dec 16, 2019
Divorce not always palatable
Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by Realdeals(m): 9:05am On Dec 16, 2019
O serious, the Oluwo is indeed in a turbulence period, another man is laying claim to the Oluwo stool
"I am the authentic Oluwo of Iwo" - London based Nigerian bizman claims (Video)
Re: Why Oluwo Akanbi Divorced Chanel Chin: The Real Reason by Emes101(m): 9:05am On Dec 16, 2019
Make she cha(n)nel her self else where

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Adeyeye Ogunwusi, Ooni Arives Ife Ahead Of His Coronation / Mandinka/Malinke/Dioula people of Mali, Cote d'Ivoire, Guinea, Burkina... / Obi Of Onitsha Ofala Festival 2015- PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.