Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,240 members, 7,839,264 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

I Will Not Contest Against Abiodun In 2023 – Gboyega Isiaka (GNI) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Not Contest Against Abiodun In 2023 – Gboyega Isiaka (GNI) (287 Views)

Obasanjo: 'Gboyega Isiaka Is Next Governor Of Ogun State' / Gboyega Isiaka Oyetola's Posters & Billboard Destroyed And Burnt In Osun / OSUN APC Governorship Primary Election Update (Gboyega Isiaka Leading) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Will Not Contest Against Abiodun In 2023 – Gboyega Isiaka (GNI) by afrofaces: 5:34pm On Dec 16, 2019
Three times governorship candidate in Ogun State, Prince Gboyega Nasir Isiaka, has said he would not contest against the current governor of Ogun state, Prince Dapo Abiodun in 2023.

Speaking through his Spokesperson, Bolaji Adeniji, on an Abeokuta radio station, Isiaka said he believed in Gov Abiodun’s vision for the state; saying that prompted their defection.

It reported that Isiaka and his followers defected to the Dapo Abiodun faction of the All Progressives Congress (APC) recently, then the Governor promising them an all-inclusive government.

But, Isiaka, this morning, said they joined the incumbent governor so as to be able to contribute to the development of the state, having lost the March 9 governorship election in Ogun.

Isiaka was reacting to insinuations that he and his followers were ‘deceived’ by Abiodun; as nobody from their camp made the recently released Commissioners list.

Adeniji, however, said members of the Believe Movement could be appointed into Abiodun’s government as Special Advisers, Senior Special Assistants, Chairmen of boards and others; adding that this would accord them the opportunity to play vital roles in developing Ogun State.

“We didn’t sign an MoU with Gov Abiodun. There was no negotiation. It’s just a mutual understanding based on alignment of values. We didn’t sit to share commissionership or political positions. We didn’t have any official agreement or MoU. What we had was mutual respect and opportunity for us to contribute to developmental conversation at the state level and at the local government level.”

Source: https://newsacross.com/i-will-not-contest-against-abiodun-in-2023-gboyega-isiaka/

Re: I Will Not Contest Against Abiodun In 2023 – Gboyega Isiaka (GNI) by Brandstudio01: 5:52pm On Dec 16, 2019
That moment when a typical Nigeria Politician is telling his doesn't want to win an election.

I can relate that to a TV Reality show called AY Live.

(1) (Reply)

As 2019 Rounds Up What Are Your Greatest Expectations Of Nigeria In 2020 / Whatever Happened To Nigeria's VISION 2020 / Gombe First Lady Lauds Aisha Buhari For Her Support To Needy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.