Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,336 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better (22089 Views)

Did Abba Kyari Threaten To Expose Lai, Femi Adesina If Arrested? (Fact Check) / EndSARS: Joe Biden To Buhari & Military, "Stop Violent Crackdown On Protesters" / Tompolo - Buhari Military Killed My Father, Why Should I Endorse Him? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by Racoon(m): 1:43pm On Dec 18, 2019
Femi Adesina, spokesman of President Muhammadu Buhari, says Nigeria would have been a better country if the president’s military regime had lasted longer.

Adesina said this in an article celebrating the president’s birthday which was shared on his Facebook account on Tuesday.

Buhari led Nigeria as a military dictator from 1983 to 1985 before he was deposed and replaced by Ibrahim Babangida.

According to Adesina, Buhari’s regime led Nigeria on the right path “till forces of reaction struck, and we were back to worse than square one”.

“I have said it before, and I say it again. I have followed Buhari since he was a military ruler, when I was an undergraduate,” he said.

“And if that regime had lasted for longer, Nigeria would not be in the doldrums that she found herself. It was a tough administration, but which was leading us on the right path.

“You could imagine my joy when Buhari eventually emerged civilian President after 12 years of struggle. I didn’t think I was going to ever serve in government, but I found myself in it. Just because it was Buhari.”

Adesina added that he remains a “dyed-in-the-wool Buharist” irrespective of what others see as “foibles and failings of the administration”.

He said unlike “many past leaders,” the president is not a thief, adding: “We know people who were worth only thousands when they got into leadership positions in this country, but they came out in obscene wealth.”

The presidential spokesman also dismissed the “jaded” talk of the fight against corruption being selective, saying those of that opinion are “operating from a mindset”.

“No matter who you are, however close you can be to him, when it comes to corruption, this President speaks up for no one. That is why the anti-corruption agencies are making conquests. He tele-guides them in no way,” he said.

“If all the information you consume is from social media, and the critical segment of the traditional media, you will likely miss the correct pulse of the country.”

https://www.thecable.ng/femi-adesina-nigeria-would-have-been-better-if-buharis-military-regime-had-lasted-longer

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by Racoon(m): 1:49pm On Dec 18, 2019
According to Adesina, Buhari’s regime led Nigeria on the right path “till forces of reaction struck, and we were back to worse than square one”.

....And if that regime had lasted for longer, Nigeria would not be in the doldrums that she found herself. It was a tough administration, but which was leading us on the right path.
The most lawless, oppressive, retrogressive and authoritarian regime ever seen in the annals of Nigeria? Does Femi Adeshina knows that the Maj.Gen Buhari(Rtd) regime of 1983-1985 was even an illegitimate one because its overthrew the legitimate democratic govt of President Shehu Shagari?

You cant be associated with the dictator and reason rationally.Only a failure can convert once sane minds in the likes of Femi Adeshina, Sagay, Keyamo into mummified zombies as it's today.

298 Likes 26 Shares

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by Brandstudio01: 2:18pm On Dec 18, 2019
These ones don chop something.
That moment when what you ate in secret is seeking expresses in public.
Because We all know too well that Nigerian breed of Politicians don't sound like a drunk officer in vain. He would've said exactly the thing about me if I was his employer too

Anyway, I will Build a Professional Logo for your Product or Company For 2k Only. Offer valid Today Only. See my info below to Chat me up.

94 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by Racoon(m): 2:35pm On Dec 18, 2019
Adesina added that he remains a “dyed-in-the-wool Buharist” irrespective of what others see as “foibles and failings of the administration”
Yoruba said "the dog that will be lost in the forest will not listen to the hunter's whistle."

150 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by Forward77(m): 2:58pm On Dec 18, 2019
F00L

71 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by AbuMaryam1(m): 3:16pm On Dec 18, 2019
Children wouldn't know what you are saying. Only abuse they will send you.

14 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by Maxymilliano(m): 4:01pm On Dec 18, 2019
Racoon:

Are we talking about same regime where prices of essential commodities was beyond the reach of the common man and people were compelled to queue up to get basic necessities ?

Same regime that terminated the Lagos the Lagos Metroline Project ?

Abeg Femi should talk something else joor.

124 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by ijewejones: 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2019
Femi Adesina! Femi Adesina!! Femi Adesina!!!

A leaked pipe runs better than Femi Adesina's mouth & brain..the masses now know the truth & follow it's path.

Seems he substituted Lie Mohammed in this second tenure called next level

33 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by gurunlocker: 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2019
Did this man know Bubu has always contributed nothing even during his military regime days?
shocked
It was his deputy, Tunde Idiagbon that is the brain behind the little success?
grin

Bubu ideas is always equivalent to suffering and poverty. grin grin

But it seems as soon as you join APC, they do brain surgery whereby they remove the brain and put sawdust grin

73 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by skkslar: 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2019
Get solar power installation at amazingly affordable prices

Contact us today
Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by Humphrizy(m): 4:20pm On Dec 18, 2019
What exactly is this man high on?

Kwunu abi ogogoro? undecided

**“You could imagine my joy when Buhari eventually emerged civilian President after 12 years of struggle. I didn’t think I was going to ever serve in government, but I found myself in it. Just because it was Buhari.”**

because he is enjoying..... He no longer cares about the poor masses.

This country matter big pass zuma rock... Na dx kinda people be the problem wey we get in dx country..
Selfish human beings

23 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by Sukueponmalu: 4:21pm On Dec 18, 2019
I agree

5 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by CsRockefeller(m): 4:21pm On Dec 18, 2019
Where is the Femi I used to know back then?

The Femi of the Sun Newspapers who would speak the truth not minding whose ox is gored.

The Femi whose column I looked forward to every weekend, giving me hope that Nigeria could still be rescued.

The Femi who stood like a shining star fighting through the pen for the betterment of Nigerian's.

The Femi who was brave, fearless, intelligent, of a sound mind and sound judgement.

Where is that Femi?
Where is Femi Adesina of old?

38 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by Dididrumz(m): 4:21pm On Dec 18, 2019
This guy is an idiot

35 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by Ololanla: 4:21pm On Dec 18, 2019
You will surely pay for this stupidity of urs one day

19 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by Pidginwhisper: 4:21pm On Dec 18, 2019
So for this guy family, Nobody fit tell am say he dey mad?

40 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2019
Oti ya werey

10 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2019
Real definition of Psycophancy

19 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by Aieboocaar(m): 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2019
Just look at someone's father!!!!!!

19 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by Fash20: 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2019
wereyyy

9 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by slimanyd: 4:22pm On Dec 18, 2019
The way these girls love money�sometimes I ask myself "was it really Judas who sold Jesus❤ or it was Judith?"�

Please ladies shud answer this question

And to these niccompo telling us if buhari should rule for some years. Just wait for my reply, an coming, Na that head of the stone wey I dey remove from these rice go curse Una las las .

11 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by jayautos: 4:23pm On Dec 18, 2019
Mad people every were

10 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by cahat89: 4:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
angry
Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by BlackDuke(m): 4:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
What are these people saying? All these talk about the past, I feel there is something nasty brewing. Naija shine una eyes o.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by JayPeeOham: 4:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
What is difference between Buhari's military regime and now abeg

7 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by 12inchess: 4:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
A lot of people think this man is stupid. However he is only working for his money. He will argue that Buhari is both sibling of Muhammed and Jesus Christ as long as his oga will be happy.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by codedguy1(m): 4:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
Adesina must be smoking something really strong.

It is dulling his senses geometrically grin

8 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by itzprezy(m): 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2019
this kinda a$$ licking pass Sir Dee own

12 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by GeoAfrikana(m): 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2019
Many people do not know how to refute an opposition.

Pick your opposition's points one at a time and expose the weaknesses and flaws in each of them. That's how to hold a fruitful debate.

But meddling stuff up and calling people names and stuff isn't a guided methodology.

I'm saying this because of most comments above insulting Adeshina and even those supporting him.

We still have a long way to go in Nigeria. Many of our people don't know how to hold healthy debates.

4 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by alakhumeorobo: 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2019
Look at you,ask yourself what value did he add to his life and immediate community in katsina before talking about turning around Nigeria for the better. Just answer us

9 Likes

Re: Adesina: If Buhari’s Military Regime Had Lasted, Nigeria Would've Been Better by spectackpeters(m): 4:25pm On Dec 18, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Lament Increased Electricity Tariff / OPC Says Killing Of 3 Obas Is Highest Insult To Yoruba Race / Gershom Bassey’s Billboard Phone Numbers Belong To Mortuary Attendant – Efio-Ita

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.