Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 AM

Woman And An Advise - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Woman And An Advise (581 Views)

Woman And Her Four Children Die In Jos House Fire (Photos) / Obituary Of Benue Woman And Her 3 Children Who Died In Accident (Photo) / Woman And Her Husband Side Chick Battle On Whatsapp Chat (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman And An Advise by marvel2011(m): 11:34am On Dec 22, 2019
I am married for about twenty years now and we are blessed with three boys. My dad died without leaving anything for me except a family house which inhabit a lot of family members both immediate and extended members. I was saddled when my wife asked me to sale the only land I bought in other to buy a car. Though, we had three cars before, they all spoilt because of maintenance culture and now she wants the only piece of land I bought to be sold for a car. I told her, it's impossible and that the land remind for my kids. She said, a car is equally important to have as a family. Imagine the silly advise from my wife. Please I'm I on the right direction?[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Woman And An Advise by crackhaus: 11:41am On Dec 22, 2019
If she has not asked you to sell yourself for a car, then you're still on the right direction.

3 Likes

Re: Woman And An Advise by dangotesmummy: 11:57am On Dec 22, 2019
Ignore her

Devil ministers to some men through their wives and when the chips are down or things get uncomfortable financially she will be the 1st to insult and blame you for your poor choices

Not every advise has common sense in it.be weary
Re: Woman And An Advise by Happiness6063(f): 12:36pm On Dec 22, 2019
Remember land is a fixed assets. It will yield more for you in the future. While using the land to buy a car doesn't guarantee anything cuz it will only take more money from you at the end if any damages occur and consistent maintance is a must. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy a car but not with selling of the land.
You're the man, make your decision wisely

2 Likes

Re: Woman And An Advise by bukatyne(f): 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2019
crackhaus:
If she has not asked you to sell yourself for a car, then you're still in the right direction.

Hahahaha!

1 Like

Re: Woman And An Advise by bukatyne(f): 12:46pm On Dec 22, 2019
marvel2011:
I am married for about twenty years now and we are blessed with three boys. My dad died without leaving anything for me except a family house which inhabit a lot of family members both immediate and extended members. I was saddled when my wife asked me to sale the only land I bought in other to buy a car. Though, we had three cars before, they all spoilt because of maintenance culture and now she wants the only piece of land I bought to be sold for a car. I told her, it's impossible and that the land remind for my kids. She said, a car is equally important to have as a family. Imagine the silly advise from my wife. Please I'm I on the right direction?[color=#006600][/color]

OP sorry o!

How did you get this wife?

There are three spoilt cars, she did not think that you should sell one or two of them as scrap to repair the one in the best condition.

She advised you to sell your one asset for a liability that would soon join the other three on the ground?

I had to check your profile so see you are not trolling. undecided

The topics... lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Woman And An Advise by ashatoda: 1:10pm On Dec 22, 2019
Bros you are on the right path by refusing to sell your land for a car. your father's house is a family house so if you love yourself, life, children and posterity you need to leave your father's house and make your own path about the car issue you have used 3 cars before that are no more she now believe buying another car is important which it is but by advising you to sell your land for it. remember that a car has no resale value while a land has. a car is a liability while a land when utilized rightly is an asset talk her out of it but if she insists then let her know your decision
Re: Woman And An Advise by LadySarah: 2:15pm On Dec 22, 2019
After the car spoils what happen again?
Why are your brothers not benefitting from this said ppty?

You should add more to what you will leave for your kids not squander what your oldman left for you and your siblings.

1 Like

Re: Woman And An Advise by marvel2011(m): 3:19pm On Dec 22, 2019
Just want to thank you all for your brotherly advised. God bless you all
Re: Woman And An Advise by faithfull18(f): 3:28pm On Dec 22, 2019
A car is a liability not an asset. That's bad advice. You need to explain this to her. What happens after you sell the land and the car breaks down?Meanwhile, a land acquired genuinely will most times appreciate in value depending on location and other factors.

You can as well pass it to your children because it would always be there if you don't sell it unlike a car.

1 Like

Re: Woman And An Advise by cococandy(f): 4:50pm On Dec 22, 2019
Glad you already know it’s bad advice.
I’m sure you’ve said “no” to her suggestions.
Re: Woman And An Advise by Efewestern: 5:10pm On Dec 22, 2019
marvel2011:

Not a wise advise, selling a land to buy a car? who does that? not that you guys will be using the car for any business.

Sir, do not listen to her, keep the landed property and try developing it, nothing like having a permanent roof over your head.
Re: Woman And An Advise by GrammarNazi1(m): 5:12pm On Dec 22, 2019
Happiness6063:
Remember land is a fixed assets. It will yield more for you in the future. While using the land to buy a car doesn't guarantee anything cuz it will only take more money from you at the end if any damages occur and consistent maintance is a must. I'm not saying you shouldn't buy a car but not with selling of the land.
You're the man, make your decision wisely
Really?

3 Likes

Re: Woman And An Advise by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 22, 2019
Sell d 3 spoilt cars and gather d money for a new car... Shikena
Re: Woman And An Advise by Happiness6063(f): 8:40pm On Dec 22, 2019
Yes

(1) (Reply)

Never Open Your Booth For Anyone While You're Inside / The BIG Lesson I Learned Using The FACEAPP / Pls Am I Over Reacting About My Mum's Behaviour?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.