Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,437 members, 7,836,745 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 12:15 PM

Is The Death Of Jesus Christ Really A Sacrifice? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is The Death Of Jesus Christ Really A Sacrifice? (210 Views)

Bishop David Oyedepo Prays For The Death Of Ritual Killers In Nigeria / Is This Bird Witchcraft Sacrifice Or What? (Photo) / “Blood Of Jesus” Drink Sold For N2,000 In Akwa Ibom (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Death Of Jesus Christ Really A Sacrifice? by Nobody: 8:26am On Dec 23, 2019
Pls can someone explain to me how the death of Jesus can really be a sacrifice because from my understanding, a sacrifice is intentionally giving up something that's important to you often with no expectation to get it back but this isn't the case with the death of Jesus Christ. He knew he was going to die and resurrect in three days...(evn more glorified). because frankly i think most people would do the same knowing how it all ends. so how can we really call this a sacrifice?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is The Death Of Jesus Christ Really A Sacrifice? by Nobody: 10:18am On Dec 23, 2019
Leonardemma1:
Pls can someone explain to me how the death of Jesus can really be a sacrifice because from my understanding, a sacrifice is intentionally giving up something that's important to you often with no expectation to get it back but this isn't the case with the death of Jesus Christ. He knew he was going to die and resurrect in three days...(evn more glorified). because frankly i think most people would do the same knowing how it all ends. so how can we really call this a sacrifice?

an explanation from someone would really be appreciated
Re: Is The Death Of Jesus Christ Really A Sacrifice? by Kobojunkie: 8:30pm On Nov 21, 2023
Jesus Christ said the following about His death.
7 So Jesus said again, “I assure you, I am the gate for the sheep.
8 All those who came before me were thieves and robbers. The sheep did not listen to them.
9 I am the gate. Whoever enters through me will be saved. They will be able to come in and go out. They will find everything they need.
10 A thief comes to steal, kill, and destroy. But I came to give life—life that is full and good.
11 “I am the good shepherd, and the good shepherd gives his life for the sheep.
12 The worker who is paid to keep the sheep is different from the shepherd. The paid worker does not own the sheep. So when he sees a wolf coming, he runs away and leaves the sheep alone. Then the wolf attacks the sheep and scatters them.
13 The man runs away because he is only a paid worker. He does not really care for the sheep.
14-15 “I am the shepherd who cares for the sheep. I know my sheep just as the Father knows me. And my sheep know me just as I know the Father. I give my life for these sheep.
16 I have other sheep too. They are not in this flock here. I must lead them also. They will listen to my voice. In the future there will be one flock and one shepherd.[a]
17 The Father loves me because I give my life. I give my life so that I can get it back again.
18 No one takes my life away from me. I give my own life freely. I have the right to give my life, and I have the right to get it back again. This is what the Father told me.” - John 10 vs 7-18
Clearly, His death was not a sacrifice but an act of obedience so that He may gain that which the father promised to give Him. undecided
Re: Is The Death Of Jesus Christ Really A Sacrifice? by sonmvayina(m): 8:44pm On Nov 21, 2023
It's just a scam ...there is no two ways about it..
Re: Is The Death Of Jesus Christ Really A Sacrifice? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:46pm On Nov 21, 2023
sonmvayina:
It's just a scam ...there is no two ways about it..

Says a mad drug addict
Re: Is The Death Of Jesus Christ Really A Sacrifice? by sonmvayina(m): 8:48pm On Nov 21, 2023
Dtruthspeaker:

Says a mad drug addict

You know it is true...but your puny mind can't receive it...what else can it do?
Just believe, believe and more believes....

No capacity for independent thought...

Ode.
Re: Is The Death Of Jesus Christ Really A Sacrifice? by Dtruthspeaker: 8:54pm On Nov 21, 2023
sonmvayina:

You know it is true...but your puny mind can't receive it...what else can it do?
Just believe, believe and more believes....

No capacity for independent thought...

Ode.

You know you are a mad drug addict so your measurment of Truth is non existent hence your death in hellfire because of your foolish blasphemies.

Cow fat

(1) (Reply)

Stupidity Is Not A Crime / The History Of The Christmas Markets You See Around The World Will Surprise You / The Interpretation Of The Dream Of When Someone Is Bitten By A Rat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.