Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Women's Inheritance In The Bible - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Women's Inheritance In The Bible (1245 Views)

Mosque In Osun Welcomes Muslims With Quote From The Bible / Women's Inheritance Laws In Judaism And Christianity / Women's Inheritance Laws In Islam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Women's Inheritance In The Bible by AntiChristian: 8:09am On Dec 26, 2019
Let's assume there's a Christian court of law in Nigeria and there's a case on women's Inheritance...

Can this laws be used?

Bible says:
Numbers 27:8-11
8 "Say to the Israelites, 'If a man dies and leaves no son, turn his inheritance over to his daughter. 9 If he has no daughter, give his inheritance to his brothers. 10 If he has no brothers, give his inheritance to his father's brothers. 11 If his father had no brothers, give his inheritance to the nearest relative in his clan, that he may possess it. This is to be a legal requirement for the Israelites, as the LORD commanded Moses.' "
This shows that the daughters would not get anything if the sons were alive.

Numbers 36:6-9
6 This is what the LORD commands for Zelophehad's daughters: They may marry anyone they please as long as they marry within the tribal clan of their father. 7 No inheritance in Israel is to pass from tribe to tribe, for every Israelite shall keep the tribal land inherited from his forefathers.
8 Every daughter who inherits land in any Israelite tribe must marry someone in her father's tribal clan, so that every Israelite will possess the inheritance of his fathers. 9 No inheritance may pass from tribe to tribe, for each Israelite tribe is to keep the land it inherits."

This shows that if a woman did inherit and wanted to get married she had to marry someone from with in the tribe in order not to transfer that inherited money to another tribe. The money must stay in the tribe!

No wonder Christians can't use this laws...
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by fortran12: 2:15pm On Dec 27, 2019
AntiChristian:
Let's assume there's a Christian court of law in Nigeria and there's a case on women's Inheritance...

Can this laws be used?

Bible says:
Numbers 27:8-11
8 "Say to the Israelites, 'If a man dies and leaves no son, turn his inheritance over to his daughter. 9 If he has no daughter, give his inheritance to his brothers. 10 If he has no brothers, give his inheritance to his father's brothers. 11 If his father had no brothers, give his inheritance to the nearest relative in his clan, that he may possess it. This is to be a legal requirement for the Israelites, as the LORD commanded Moses.' "
This shows that the daughters would not get anything if the sons were alive.

Numbers 36:6-9
6 This is what the LORD commands for Zelophehad's daughters: They may marry anyone they please as long as they marry within the tribal clan of their father. 7 No inheritance in Israel is to pass from tribe to tribe, for every Israelite shall keep the tribal land inherited from his forefathers.
8 Every daughter who inherits land in any Israelite tribe must marry someone in her father's tribal clan, so that every Israelite will possess the inheritance of his fathers. 9 No inheritance may pass from tribe to tribe, for each Israelite tribe is to keep the land it inherits."

This shows that if a woman did inherit and wanted to get married she had to marry someone from with in the tribe in order not to transfer that inherited money to another tribe. The money must stay in the tribe!

No wonder Christians can't use this laws...

you are confusing Jewish laws with Christianity... get some education. but i think mohammed claimed women are half brained and their testimony alone cannot stand in court. He used to sell slaves and used to help himself with his female slaves, he had numerous sex slaves
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by AntiChristian: 9:39pm On Dec 27, 2019
fortran12:

you are confusing Jewish laws with Christianity... get some education. but i think mohammed claimed women are half brained and their testimony alone cannot stand in court. He used to sell slaves and used to help himself with his female slaves, he had numerous sex slaves

Jewish laws? So where are the Christian laws? The major reason Christians are jealous of Islam is our laws. We have laws to entirely govern the human life and nation! Christianity has little or no laws and the they have are useless!

The Jewish laws brought the tithes, singing and clapping which you embrace today but you're here arguing without proof.

See how slaves are treated by your Lord

Exodus 21:20-21
When a man strikes his male or female slave with a rod so hard that the slave dies under his hand, he shall be punished. If, however, the slave survives for a day or two, he is not to be punished, since the slave is his own property!

So you can beat your slave as much as you like, just make sure IT doesn't die, and I call the slave it since a slave is a mere possession according to the Bible.
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by fortran12: 9:49pm On Dec 27, 2019
AntiChristian:

Jewish laws? So where are the Christian laws? The major reason Christians are jealous of Islam is our laws. We have laws to entirely govern the human life and nation! Christianity has little or no laws and the they have are useless!

The Jewish laws brought the tithes, singing and clapping which you embrace today but you're here arguing without proof.

Why will Christians be jealous of islam? , its mohammed that is trying to attach by force. Christ did not bring laws, that is the old testament. the Jewish laws are not clapping n singing, sorry, they are the laws stated by Moses to the israelites. Even Abraham sang and gave tithes and all these were before God gave the law via Moses.

There you have proof Abraham gave tithes, the Israelites clapped and sang before Moses brought the laws from God.

so try again.
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by AntiChristian: 10:02pm On Dec 27, 2019
fortran12:

Why will Christians be jealous of islam? , its mohammed that is trying to attach by force. Christ did not bring laws, that is the old testament. the Jewish laws are not clapping n singing, sorry, they are the laws stated by Moses to the israelites. Even Abraham sang and gave tithes and all these were before God gave the law via Moses.

There you have proof Abraham gave tithes, the Israelites clapped and sang before Moses brought the laws from God.

so try again.

Are tithes, singing and clapping from Christian laws? If yes Bible verse? If no why do it?

1 Like

Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by fortran12: 2:54am On Dec 30, 2019
AntiChristian:

Are tithes, singing and clapping from Christian laws? If yes Bible verse? If no why do it?

Yes the were mentioned in the new Testament. They are just a way of expressing your feelings towards God.
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by AntiChristian: 10:23am On Dec 31, 2019
fortran12:

Yes the were mentioned in the new Testament. They are just a way of expressing your feelings towards God.

Where is mentioned to sing, clap, dance and pray as you guys do today!

Jesus your God failed to specify a way of worshiping him again! Too Bad!

Jesus worshiped the father in Mathew 26:39
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

Oya divert our attention again to another topic!

1 Like

Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by fortran12: 1:07pm On Dec 31, 2019
AntiChristian:

Where is mentioned to sing, clap, dance and pray as you guys do today!

Jesus your God failed to specify a way of worshiping him again! Too Bad!

Jesus worshiped the father in Mathew 26:39
Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will."

Oya divert our attention again to another topic!

So because Jesus feel in his knees to pray means what? That we should copy all that? There were parts where he stood up to pray u fail to mention that.
So did God now tell you he is not accepting peoples worship any longer? You bring traditions, rituals etc thinking that is how God wants to be worshiped.
What Jesus came to do is teach what position is to pray or what song to sing or what key to sing the song. His purpose was to save people from sin and he did just that. He sent the Holy spirit who dwells in Christians for the rest.
If you are looking for where the bible says about singing Ephesians 5 vs 19 mentions it
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by AntiChristian: 1:10pm On Dec 31, 2019
fortran12:

So because Jesus feel in his knees to pray means what? That we should copy all that? There were parts where he stood up to pray u fail to mention that.
So did God now tell you he is not accepting peoples worship any longer? You bring traditions, rituals etc thinking that is how God wants to be worshiped.
What Jesus came to do is teach what position is to pray or what song to sing or what key to sing the song. His purpose was to save people from sin and he did just that. He sent the Holy spirit who dwells in Christians for the rest.
If you are looking for where the bible says about singing Ephesians 5 vs 19 mentions it

If you have the holy spirit, tell him to tell you the arrival date of Jesus second coming.
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by fortran12: 1:13pm On Dec 31, 2019
AntiChristian:

If you have the holy spirit, tell him to tell you the arrival date of Jesus second coming.

This has no relevance to the question. Do you accept your earlier statement is false?
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by AntiChristian: 1:25pm On Dec 31, 2019
fortran12:

This has no relevance to the question. Do you accept your earlier statement is false?

Of cos it does! I already said Jesus is useless before. Now the holy Spirit is useless too if it can't tell you the arrival date of his colleague God!
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by fortran12: 1:28pm On Dec 31, 2019
AntiChristian:

Of cos it does! I already said Jesus is useless before. Now the holy Spirit is useless too if it can't tell you the arrival date of his colleague God!
I thought you were talking about singing now it has shifted to the Holy spirit and Jesus coming?
Accept that your earlier case has no bearing. Then we Will move to another topic
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by AntiChristian: 1:41pm On Dec 31, 2019
fortran12:

I thought you were talking about singing now it has shifted to the Holy spirit and Jesus coming?
Accept that your earlier case has no bearing. Then we Will move to another topic

You derailed the thread up to this point!

The topic is woman's inheritance in the Bible!

Did Jesus give any law for this or he is useless on it?
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by fortran12: 1:43pm On Dec 31, 2019
AntiChristian:

You derailed the thread up to this point!

The topic is woman's inheritance in the Bible!

Did Jesus give any law for this or he is useless on it?
Jesus did not bring laws or rituals like Moses . All what you quoted are Jewish laws
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by AntiChristian: 1:47pm On Dec 31, 2019
fortran12:

Jesus did not bring laws or rituals like Moses . All what you quoted are Jewish laws

Paul brought some laws but Jesus brought no laws!
He is useless in this matter. Case closed!
Bye.
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by fortran12: 1:54pm On Dec 31, 2019
AntiChristian:

Paul brought some laws but Jesus brought no laws!
He is useless in this matter. Case closed!
Bye.
Show the laws Paul brought
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by AntiChristian: 6:00pm On Dec 31, 2019
fortran12:

Show the laws Paul brought

1 Corinthians 11
Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5 And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head-it is just as though her head were shaved. 6 If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head.

Jesus didn't bring this law!
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by fortran12: 6:09pm On Dec 31, 2019
AntiChristian:

1 Corinthians 11
Every man who prays or prophesies with his head covered dishonors his head. 5 And every woman who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head-it is just as though her head were shaved. 6 If a woman does not cover her head, she should have her hair cut off; and if it is a disgrace for a woman to have her hair cut or shaved off, she should cover her head.

Your answer is in chapter 16. Paul was only giving an advice.
Try again
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by AntiChristian: 9:28pm On Dec 31, 2019
fortran12:

Your answer is in chapter 16. Paul was only giving an advice. Try again
An advise? Tell me more! So the Bible also contain Paul's advice!
Good one!
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by fortran12: 10:59pm On Dec 31, 2019
AntiChristian:

An advise? Tell me more! So the Bible also contain Paul's advice!

Good one!
The answer is there so that answers your question
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by saddler: 1:23am On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

1 Corinthians 11

Just like he said , try again.

If you are brainy enough as much as you want us to believe you wouldn't call Paul's statement a law.

If it were a law, the consequences of not obeying it would have been stated.

Now run along and try harder
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by AntiChristian: 8:14am On Jan 01, 2020
saddler:

Just like he said , try again.

If you are brainy enough as much as you want us to believe you wouldn't call Paul's statement a law.

If it were a law, the consequences of not obeying it would have been stated.

Now run along and try harder

Sorry sir, I now agree it is an advice from Paul. Now I can confirm the Bible also contain Paul's advice. You just keep confirming that the Bible is simply of men not God.
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by Babaheekmat: 8:26am On Jan 01, 2020
This is absurd. This is not how to do dawah for Christians. Don't follow the path of the misguided zakir naik and others
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by AntiChristian: 8:29am On Jan 01, 2020
Babaheekmat:
This is absurd. This is not how to do dawah for Christians. Don't follow the path of the misguided zakir naik and others

Babaheekmat, can you please mind wetin you come to do on Nairaland?

Or beta face your family or vocation?
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by Babaheekmat: 8:33am On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

Babaheekmat, can you please mind wetin you come to do on Nairaland?

Or beta face your family or vocation?

Ontop wetin.. Why so mad
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by AntiChristian: 9:51am On Jan 01, 2020
Babaheekmat:

Ontop wetin.. Why so mad

I am mad. But you're the maddest mad person on Islamic Section NL. I just wanted to warn you to keep off my thread.
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by Babaheekmat: 9:59am On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

I am mad. But you're the maddest mad person on Islamic Section NL. I just wanted to warn you to keep off my thread.

Laughing.. Very funny
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by saddler: 10:32am On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

Sorry sir, I now agree it is an advice from Paul. Now I can confirm the Bible also contain Paul's advice. You just keep confirming that the Bible is simply of men not God.

I don't care what you think about the Bible.

The Quaran you believe in is worse than the bible.
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by AntiChristian: 10:37am On Jan 01, 2020
saddler:

I don't care what you think about the Bible.

The Quaran you believe in is worse than the bible.

Before we move to the Qur'an can we now agree the Bible contains men's advice eg Paul's.
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by saddler: 12:13pm On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

Before we move to the Qur'an can we now agree the Bible contains men's advice eg Paul's.

I will answer you on one condition.

That you explain how Allah put the earth on the back of a whale .

1 Like

Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by AntiChristian: 12:17pm On Jan 01, 2020
saddler:

I will answer you on one condition.
That you explain how Allah put the earth on the back of a whale .
Is that related to the topic women inheritance in the Bible?
Create a thread on that and tag me!
Re: Women's Inheritance In The Bible by saddler: 1:50pm On Jan 01, 2020
AntiChristian:

Is that related to the topic women inheritance in the Bible?

Create a thread on that and tag me!

Not Everyone who doesn't buy the bullshit in the Quaran is a Christian.

That's an error of conclusion on your part.

That I don't like the Quaran doesn't mean I like the Bible

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Don't You Think This Section Is Developing A Notoriety For Intolerance? / Beards: A Failure Of Traditional Muslim Men / Was Prophet Mohamed A Book Pirate ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.