Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,204 members, 7,845,991 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 08:46 AM

Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird (2229 Views)

Abubakar Audu buried. Sands poured into grave amidst tears / Hate Him Or Love Him, Jonathan Has Left Giant Footprints In Eternity's Sands Of / Anti-corruption War Is Non-negotiable, Buhari Replies Jonathan’s Ministers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Tornadoz(m): 11:42pm On May 29, 2007
@TayoD
Why should we comment when it is obvious that this is just another disguise for character assasination and undue smear campaign on others with contrary point of view?!
Tayo stop beating around the bush.
Please state what's wrong in the article.
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Tornadoz(m): 11:56pm On May 29, 2007
@I-man
How do you see the above comment by your fellow leftist?
Typical, you conveniently left what Afam replied to.
xtycod wrote
Yeah! Let the bastard Afam and other Igbo sell-outs comment on this one. I will soon stop my friendship with Igbos. Sometimes they disappoint me.
Afam replied
According to your statement you are non Igbo but you are so interested in being Igbo that you call someone a bastard for not agreeing with your warped sense of reasoning.

Friendship with Igbos? Check the identities of those you think you are friendly with. Maybe you are busy living off them like a parasite. Do you even know the meaning of friendship?
You picked and chose the part you wanted highlighted.
I can give you instances where you have been subtly rude and sometimes overtly rude.
I have only had matured discussion on this forum.
Your friend davidylan on the other hand can start a fight in an empty room.
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Tornadoz(m): 12:20am On May 30, 2007
Here's a taster from the article posted by Afam

"Today I weep for my country. I have watched the events of
recent months with a heavy, heavy heart," said Byrd in a
Senate-floor speech on March 19, 2003, after George W. Bush
ordered the Iraq invasion. "No more is the image of America
one of strong, yet benevolent peacekeeper. The image of
America has changed. Around the globe, our friends mistrust
us, our word is disputed, our intentions are questioned.
Instead of reasoning with those with whom we disagree, we
demand obedience or threaten recrimination."
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Tornadoz(m): 12:21am On May 30, 2007
McKren posted this

"The Bush administration's definition of success in Iraq has changed drastically since the March 2003 invasion, and the current measure of victory hardly resembles the standard promulgated four years ago.
Back then, the U.S. defined success as finding and destroying Saddam Hussein's weapons of mass destruction, installing a democratic, pro-U.S. government to serve as a model for despotic Arab states and rooting out any terrorists who may have found safe haven there under Saddam's rule.
Starting with the embarrassing discovery that Saddam Hussein had no weapons of mass destruction, Iraqi realities have forced the Bush administration to redefine its standards of success.
The U.S.-led invasion has also triggered a tenacious insurgency that is attracting Islamic militants from around the world. And the administration is desperately trying to bolster the U.S.-backed Baghdad government to become more effective in fighting insurgents and to take steps to reconcile competing ethnic factions.
Against this background, Bush administration officials now define success in far more diminished terms."
These are the issues
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Nobody: 12:22am On May 30, 2007
Tornadoz:

@davidylanAm still waiting for you to say whats wrong in the article. (Take your time, we will wait)
Are we expecting you to say it made an uncomfortable reading? Nah

there is no problem with the article. I will be prepared to thrash issues out with people who dont go around insulting others because they have contrasting oppinions!
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Iman3(m): 6:35pm On May 30, 2007
Tornadoz:

Afam repliedYou picked and chose the part you wanted highlighted.
I can give you instances where you have been subtly rude and sometimes overtly rude.
I have only had matured discussion on this forum.
Your friend davidylan on the other hand can start a fight in an empty room.

You are a mature grown man.Do you think its justifiable,in response to name calling,to say that a fellow human being is an "animal who does not deserve to live a second longer"?

For someone taking issues with my so called condescending comments to seek to excuse such abhorrent comments is telling.If I agreed with your views and the reverse was the case for Afam,you will be singing a different tune.Hypocrisy in its purest form
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Tornadoz(m): 4:11pm On May 31, 2007
@I-man
You are a mature grown man.Do you think its justifiable,in response to name calling,to say that a fellow human being is an "animal who does not deserve to live a second longer"?
For someone taking issues with my so called condescending comments to seek to excuse such abhorrent comments is telling.If I agreed with your views and the reverse was the case for Afam,you will be singing a different tune.Hypocrisy in its purest form
I never excused the comments, I said you were not balanced, you should have quoted what Afam was responding to.
I went on to post what he responded to.
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Nobody: 4:44pm On May 31, 2007
Tornadoz:

@I-manI never excused the comments, I said you were not balanced, you should have quoted what Afam was responding to.
I went on to post what he responded to.

If the person Afam claimed did not deserve to live a minute longer had truly been killed, would we still be arguing over what Afam was allegedly refering to?

No matter the provocation is it right for a man to call his fellow human an animal who deserves to die? Even 5 yr olds know better!
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Tornadoz(m): 4:53pm On May 31, 2007
@davidylan
Afam may have over reacted, but I don't claim to know the history between them. Are you saying the provocateur (xtycod), has the right to call him bastard? If you are going to condemn an action, be balanced. Both made an unacceptable comment, thats what we should be saying.
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Tornadoz(m): 4:55pm On May 31, 2007
@davidylan
If its not too much to ask, can you give me some reasons why you support G Bush?
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by TayoD(m): 5:03pm On May 31, 2007
@Tornadoz,

@davidylan
If its not too much to ask, can you give me some reasons why you support G Bush?

This is exactly what we have been saying.  It is all about personalities to you and not about ideas, policies and actions.
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 31, 2007
Tornadoz:

@davidylan

sadly while others have been busy debating ISSUES, you've been blinded by your dislike for one man whose tenure as president runs out in a few months. Is it any wonder that on all threads you've found yourself in, you've always run out of steam within a few minutes only to resort to personal attacks as a way out?

I dont support G Bush, i have never supported a republican. However the facts speak louder than blind hate. Learn to separate the individual from the issue at stake.
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by denex: 2:21pm On Jun 02, 2007
I was shocked to see these assertions by Senator Byrd. So some people know this and nothing still happens. All that has been said by Byrd is the same thing I mentioned yet nobody wants to believe. No this is a who's been in the senate when Bush was still in school and people are still doubting. I don't know what else to say, but I must thank you AFAM for bringing this to light.
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Afam(m): 10:55am On Jun 04, 2007
For those of you that have reservations about my statement that the person who called me a bastard for not agreeing with his own position should be burnt alive as he does not deserve to live a second longer you guys can go straight to hell and rot there.

Do you think I am a coward or an idiot like some of you here? I responded directly to someone that abused me and here you have senseless dogs talking rubbish. I will rather respond to individual posts than show the level of hatred a lot of you have displayed for muslims and arabs while hiding under the banner of christiandom you religous bigts and hypocrists.

@I-man/4Play/(any other name you may have been using to hide your identity,

Your stupidity knows no bounds and I dare say that someone that can effortlessly hide under different user IDs is a fraudster and won't be surprised if you are really a scammer living in the UK. Maybe this is why you oppose any single action the government takes to fight corruption.

@topic,

It is so unfortunate that even the views of the oldest serving member of the Senate in the US will be so distorted by ignorant beings on this forum all in the name of supporting Bush and his evil policies based on lies, shame on you guys.
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by chidichris(m): 5:46pm On Jun 11, 2007
Tornadoz,
i want to give you my reasons for supporting Bush.
1. the name osama bin laden is not new neither did it start gaining popularity with the bush government and the name has been there melting out problems to americans and their interests take for instance the bombing of american embassy in kenya.

2. i have watched many movies and documenttaries on the 9/11 attack on the usa. i shield tears each time i watch them. i wish u can close ur eyes for a minute and imagine(God forbid) your mother, your father, your wife or your loved one calling you on phone and informing you of a must come death. imagine the crowd having people all works of life dying for reasons they don't know.

3. it is obvious that afghanistan was in bondage before Bush's intervention and today there is change of life as no one can see reasons for osama sponsoring a government and giving out orders stopping the people from embracing western education while all his family members are western brought-ups.

4. the issue of saddam was like excess powers pushed him to invade kuwait with saudi arabia, bahrain, jordan and united aram emirates in cue for take over with his threats that he had wmd in case of any intervention which led to the intervention of bush senior in 1990. UN called off the war given saddam to open up for weapon inspector to be sure iraq had nothing but a defiant saddam refused till bush decided to introduce force. other crimes of saddam including the killing of his two inlaws could be called domestic crimes but at least he is gone with his children as members his government and death squad.

i want to say it here that even some of us here are confused who they are against, bush or america?
i am saying this because bush is not more than eight years on seat so it could not be bush they are against but if it america then they still quote the positions of some senior senators in the house who are also americans.
by the way, most of these issues are well debated in the house before the swing into actions.

i am not surprised that afam as a person do not take his time to give points one after the other rather he make out time to reply insults one after the other.
travelling they say is part of education, so afam if you have not travelled out of nigeria, i suggest you do same at least to meat people with diffferent reasoning and thinking background.
it is not always enough for you to come from the eastern part of nigeria to lagos and see two  or three story buildings in lines arround festac or bridges in mile 2 or the noisy natures of oshodi, no there is more to that.
come out of your shell, take your time and visit cotonou, senegal, togo for instance, seat back and think of their sources on income compare them to nigeria and begin to believe that we are under a course.
i don't mean to be rude here but a man that travels wide according to the ibos has more knowledge than elders at home.
i am not really surprise with your reasoning abilities and your rate of calling people names. you do say here that some people here do not use their brains and that most of us have been brain washed by the western medias but if i may ask, from where do you get your information. from oshodi market or ojota bus stop?
it is not a thing of boasting afam, i have met and i meet from day to day people from all works of life and i talk to them one on one at least you will begin to understand that even the arabs are been used for these wars by a group for selfish interests.
as am speaking to u now most iraqis are here in dubai and dubai as a place is a kind of american extension.
afam, the bitter truth is that u need to change location and feel something new and think fresh and remember the westerners that you hate, you cannot do without. the computer u are using, the cloths u wear and 99% of your day to day activities depends on them yet they are the evil u know.
you coming from former anambra state cannot boast of anything good outside local shrines and in the ibo land as a whole because of this your type of wisdom, Nwobodo and Ekwueme can never allow peace to reign in the political parts of our lives and the emergence of the ubas is another wisdom of your type.
we all know why biafra lost the war so everything about enugu/anambra has been the issue with okadigbo claiming to be the wisest man in the history of nigerian politics. speaking more political grammers than the dictionary just to get evan ewerem out of power but what happened later.
some wisdoms are more dangerious than ignorance have a rethink
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by denex: 6:28pm On Jun 11, 2007
@Afam

abeg curse anybody wey curse you O! There cannot be any attempt to monopolise insults in this forum.

Me, I don tire for Bush matter. Why should an American be complaining about Bush. The kain names wey dey commot from yankee these days dey tire me. Bush, Bird, Rice. Abi is there a hidden message somewhere within it all. Bush bird chop rice?
Abeg make we tackle topics outside George Bush.

@all

there is no wisdom that is more dangerous than ignorance. Ignorance is the most dangerous weapon the devil has ever created.
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Iman3(m): 6:34pm On Jun 11, 2007
denex:

@Afam
abeg curse anybody wey curse you O! There cannot be any attempt to monopolise insults in this forum.

If you have been using this forum for as long as me. . .you will realise that cursing and insults are Afam's stock-in-trade.He needs no further encouragement to do what he knows best.Cursing is the apotheosis of his intellectual contributions  on this forum . . . . apart from "copying and pasting"
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Afam(m): 7:02pm On Jun 11, 2007
I-man:

If you have been using this forum for as long as me. . .you will realise that cursing and insults are Afam's stock-in-trade.He needs no further encouragement to do what he knows best.Cursing is the apotheosis of his intellectual contributions on this forum . . . . apart from "copying and pasting"

My case is simple. I do not insult people but WILL always respond to insults in kind.

The liar can lie, he can use multiple usernames like I-man, 4Play etc for all I care.
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Nobody: 2:58am On Jun 12, 2007
Afam:

For those of you that have reservations about my statement that the person who called me a bastard for not agreeing with his own position should be burnt alive as he does not deserve to live a second longer you guys can go straight to hell and rot there.

Do you think I am a coward or an idiot like some of you here? I responded directly to someone that abused me and here you have senseless dogs talking rubbish. I will rather respond to individual posts than show the level of hatred a lot of you have displayed for muslims and arabs while hiding under the banner of christiandom you religous bigots and hypocrists.

@I-man/4Play/(any other name you may have been using to hide your identity,

Your stupidity knows no bounds and I dare say that someone that can effortlessly hide under different user IDs is a fraudster and won't be surprised if you are really a scammer living in the UK. Maybe this is why you oppose any single action the government takes to fight corruption.

@topic,

It is so unfortunate that even the views of the oldest serving member of the Senate in the US will be so distorted by ignorant beings on this forum all in the name of supporting Bush and his evil policies based on lies, shame on you guys.

God have mercy! shocked
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by denex: 5:59am On Jun 12, 2007
My dearest brothers I think I have said it before that that george bush is not worth all these insults. Look at all the insults that have been directed at bush himself. He has not flinched one day. Is it when you start insulting each other that he will now change his policies?
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Seun(m): 7:21pm On Jul 25, 2007
Study: Iraqis May Experience Sadness When Friends, Relatives Die
http://www.theonion.com/content/news/study_iraqis_may_experience
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by denex: 12:33am On Jul 26, 2007
MAY experience sadness? As in, it is a possibility? It is probable? Wonderful!

Nigerians may experience sadness when their who families are wiped out. Well, let me read the article and see maybe Americans may not experience sadness when their children are killed.
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by denex: 12:56am On Jul 26, 2007
These guys are joking right? american-like grief at the loss of a son?
US-grade sadness?
As if they are real?

Please Seun, tell me these people are stand-comedians.

Plus there's an article about how "John Edwards vows to put an end to all bad things by 20011".

These people are crazy but true.
Re: Bush's War Is Turning Sands Of Iraq Blood Red: Robert Bird by Chiori(m): 1:55am On Jul 26, 2007
You know, I am beginning to think America made a mistake in unseating Saddam from the seat of power. It's now I know he was the only one for the time being who could keep the quiet going in Iraq. America should have treated Iraq's case how they are treating Pyongyang. Now we are seeing an upsurge in violence which ripples across the globe and even reverberates here in Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dark Clouds Over The North / Nigeria First Lady Makes Another Bad Grammatical Blunder / Gov. Rotimi Amechi In SHILLOW 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.