Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,218 members, 7,815,256 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 (30408 Views)

What Is The Ideal Number Of Missed Calls To Give A Person?? / Competent And Certified Gsm Engineers In Nigeria Drop Ur Info Here / Airtel Slashes Call Tariff To All Networks To N12 Per Minute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by larryhomie(m): 12:48pm On Dec 02, 2010
na wa o! Call go cheap die. Visit my websites below
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Jibson999(m): 12:55pm On Dec 02, 2010
1st using a mtn sim dropped it for etibaba, then dropped it for glo infinito. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm now thinking about this airtel
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by bababuff(m): 1:02pm On Dec 02, 2010
;d ;d ;d
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by tzars(m): 1:03pm On Dec 02, 2010
I think you guys who are not well informed should just have the patience and wait to be enlightened before you start leaking your mouths. The poster brought a reliable info and the truth is Airtel charges 60 kobo per sec for the first minute of call you make in a day and then the subsequent ones are charged at 20 kobo per sec which translate to 12 naira a minute. All you have to do to be able to enjoy this is to dail *446# on your fone.
Wishing you all the best and more calls to you.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by mcneal: 1:14pm On Dec 02, 2010
vivek.s:

@honsule -> this is interesting; if your first call is at 60k/s. Then you might as well cut your first call in 1sec and then make your real call later.
This way, you would incur a charge of just 60k for the first second and then pay 20k/sec for any calls that you make later in the day.

PS: Correct me if I'm wrong

Can't prove this yet, however, I expect them to be smart enough with their billing. The offer says First Minute : 60 K/Sec & 61st seconds onwards:20 K/Sec.  

So expect them to take their full ₦36 daily (even if you make only 1sec, you'll have to still make the remainder 59secs), after which you benefit from the offer.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by otondo55: 1:51pm On Dec 02, 2010
They can do it !

We cant wait anymore! i was at India, call is as cheap as shit.

My friends as young as there are, are all in postpaid, talk as you like

the 100rupees will never finish. On 15th August being their Independent,

Call and text messages are moi moi, i was amazed !

Pls Airtel Nigeria we are waiting to see that, i will personally market for you for free !!!!!

Our govt and MTN are killing us here, we are the point of breaking !

Pls help !!!!!!!!!
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by celemel(m): 2:06pm On Dec 02, 2010
@@Honsule
I really don't know why you closed the earlier thread I openned on this subject. In any case, I hope you are fine. In the new tariff, you are billed 60k/second for the first minute of your first call in a day. Every other call for that day is billed at 20k/second. The 60k/s call is once a day only. goto www.ng.airtel.com for details, FAQs and support.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Osocan(m): 2:41pm On Dec 02, 2010
I just migrated 2 new plan using *446#.see how it works ur 1st mins is #37/min,then u are charge #12 4 d rest mins,peak period and #9 off peak periods.this apply 2 all networks both home and abroad. I called costumer care 2 ask. I like no d plan,because I no dey make more than 1min call 2 my guys. In short I go migrate back 2 valuemax. Wetin una THINK O.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by kg(f): 4:52pm On Dec 02, 2010
I can't stop falling in love with my Etisalat, best network, no story!!!

I'm not sure Airtel can successfully woo me but if they do,,,, sharp I don marry another network be dat!
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by okenwa26: 5:03pm On Dec 02, 2010
Well I have my suspiciion about this. If the arabs that owned Zain could not make life easier for me a loyal customer, I am in serious doubts indians could do any better cos they have a rich history of being tight fisted.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by missionma(m): 5:12pm On Dec 02, 2010
I hope they do. cool
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by sunboy(m): 6:54pm On Dec 02, 2010
When i travelled to ghana, zain(now airtel ) charge 8pesewas per min equiv of 9naira. And offer 8 free sms daily. Imagine?
Mtn offers same price with bonus of free calls to 1 family n friend for 1 week i think wen u recharge 2cedi i.e like 200 card here.

Airtel are giant anywhere they are, they already lauched new tarrif in Kenya making the cheapest in the country.
I have been wait and waiting for their new price, maybe the time is now!!! MTN will fear believe me; etisalat n glo will surely fit it.
For me, I remain on my first line Airtel n Etibaba.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by dfanthom(m): 7:50pm On Dec 02, 2010
guys pls migrate asap! this is d best ting to have happened to subscribers!

i migrated earlier today & loaded a N500 rcard. believe me, it's just a pinch that has left it. these gys shold keep it up cos the glory days of econet/vodacom/vmobile/celtel/zain is being brought to life via AIRTEL!!!

they want to be the AIR we all breathe as per telecoms.

VIVA AIRTEL!!!!

grin
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by ishow2005(m): 9:46pm On Dec 02, 2010
i don dey use am, i dey enjoy am. if u r not here, u r missing and u r also pouring water into the sea of other network for now. waiting 2 see the network that will beat this. is it the sms that expires in 1 mth.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Djcn: 9:59pm On Dec 02, 2010
I think this is the best deal for now. Up Airtel
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Shoolar(m): 11:26pm On Dec 02, 2010
That mean i need 2 retrieve my 0802 fast n snob eti & mtn. Up AIRTEL!
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Tinyemeka(m): 12:01am On Dec 03, 2010
I've been on Glo Infinito (*103*1*1#) for the past 2 months plus and I haven't been disappointed. I even prefer using my Glo line to call other networks. Glo to MTN is even cheaper than calling MTN to MTN. I wonder how come? And Glo calls hardly disappoint (clarity and it hardly drops). I prefer Glo sha (15kobo/sec or N9/min Glo to Glo or 25kobo/sec Glo to other networks). smiley
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by houvest: 1:42am On Dec 03, 2010
I posted concerning the Airtell stepup that gradually drops your tariff to 9 naira and the spambot stopped it. I thought that the moderator would bypass the spambot and post it to give readers the right info about the 9 naira tariff regime but still have seen nothing for 2 days now. Whats up?
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by bayourfar(m): 4:40am On Dec 03, 2010
It' s a welcome development for GSM users in Nigeria at least let the tarriff even go down as low as 2.50 per minute.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Donseaun(m): 7:53am On Dec 03, 2010
when wil dis all end?
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by dvd(f): 8:44am On Dec 03, 2010
Donseaun:

when wil dis all end?
until we start making calls @ 5 naira per min n sms 1 naira. lol. I LOVE COMPETITION.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by cabali(m): 8:58am On Dec 03, 2010
Finally, the network of choice has been identified.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by thweraja10: 9:24am On Dec 03, 2010
Hmmmmm zain hmmm sorry airtel rocks
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by evilspirit: 9:28am On Dec 03, 2010
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by zenus(m): 11:44am On Dec 03, 2010
Make them reduce price for SMS also
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Nobody: 11:47am On Dec 03, 2010
air tell rocks

I think its not first minute of day but first minute of every call. its expensive if u make less dan two minute call. I think they can do better dan d expensive first minute
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by GboyegaD(m): 12:25pm On Dec 03, 2010
I think it is very possible to do N9/minutes to any network irrespective of the interconnect fee. This is because the interconnect fees are deducted not on a call to call basis but at the end of a period wherein it is net off. Thus, all they need is to provide consistent quality service that would woo other network users to change to their own network considering the cheap rate of N9/minutes and quality service and thus, will place most of their users calling on-net calls which is very cheaper since there is no cost of interconnection.

But, e go hard for anybody to woo me commot for my MTN sha oooo. I love their consistency die.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by evilspirit: 12:58pm On Dec 03, 2010
suniblu:

air tell rocks

I think its not first minute of day but first minute of every call. its expensive if u make less dan two minute call. I think they can do better dan d expensive first minute

its first daily call
check this out
http://www.ng.airtel.com/Personal/Airtel2Good.aspx
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by celemel(m): 1:17pm On Dec 03, 2010
@suniblu
Your assertion is not correct. Make calls and check the rate. You can do the maths yourself. It is only the first minute of call in a day. Not every minute. I did my maths. Oya, do yours.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Emmyk(m): 1:48pm On Dec 03, 2010
Do they say It's lasting for 30days? It's airtel I love most right for the day I bought the sim,coz my line iz just too lucky - imagine been paid 400+ daily for browsing!!! Sending thousands of sms daily to any network in the world from April 1 to May 30, 2008!! Those were celtel bygone!!! WHO IS OLD ENOUGH ON THE NETWORK TO REMEMBER THAT THEY CHARGE US 70kobo per seconds to net calls back in 2008?? Meaning 42 naira per minutes. And 77kobo to other networks, 46naira . All those times, I was happy they dont atleast charge 60naira per min. Even though other networks never charged that huge amount. Call me 08080713806!!! THEY GAVE US 5 MONTHLY SMS TO ANY NETWORK THEN
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Emmyk(m): 1:51pm On Dec 03, 2010
I mean Back in 2006!!!!!
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by aieromon(m): 3:08pm On Dec 03, 2010
Am happy for them.Once i see consistency,i'll dump my yellow girlfriend.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MTN Secretly Reviewed Its Tariff Plans / Elon Musk To Fight Mark Zuckerberg In ‘Ancient Roman Setting’ / Hello Am A Tech Nerd , Ask Me Anything About Your Smartphone Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.