Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 (30404 Views)

What Is The Ideal Number Of Missed Calls To Give A Person?? / Competent And Certified Gsm Engineers In Nigeria Drop Ur Info Here / Airtel Slashes Call Tariff To All Networks To N12 Per Minute (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by jamesugo: 4:06pm On Dec 03, 2010
Lets wait till it is NGN 2 / min.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Nnaboys: 6:17pm On Dec 03, 2010
they defraud us and behave as if they are doing us a favor. 12 naira is still too much. what is ncc doing.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by cabali(m): 6:57pm On Dec 03, 2010
Can we have only intelligent posts for once?
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by HolyMikel(m): 7:20pm On Dec 03, 2010
Its 12/min though its after the first i minute call you make for the day.

I confirmed this today
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by twinskenny(m): 7:21pm On Dec 03, 2010
cabali:

Can we have only intelligent posts for once?
##

dont mind this people they cant appreciate something good for once, remember the was once at time when u are paying almost 50 naira per min. and also remember ther was a time u dont even have a phone at all, appreciate what u have for now
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by krazynaija(m): 8:04pm On Dec 03, 2010
Nna boys:

they defraud us and behave as if they are doing us a favor. 12 naira is still too much. what is ncc doing.

12N is too much? hehehe grin
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by jumiparet: 9:18pm On Dec 03, 2010
Nigerians Can be funny. But let us all ignore the joke by some of the post here and give kudos to those that deserve the and here they are:

1. Zain/Airtel: N12/min Both National and to the USA (60k/sec 1st minute)
2. GloWorld Infinito: N15m/Min National and to all Network (N0.35k/First 30seconds)
3. Etisalat: N15/Min National and to All Networks with Daily charge of N20

These are Facts because I am Using all three.

But MTN; Stupid Money Thieving Network. The Last to Change, The last to Help The Nigerian People.

Just Like DSTV, I hope one day The Nigerian Government will chase them out. They are overstaying their welcome.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Nobody: 9:10am On Dec 04, 2010
Re: Nigerians Can be funny. But let us all ignore the joke by some of the post here and give kudos to those that deserve the and here they are:
1. Zain/Airtel: N12/min Both National and to the USA (60k/sec 1st minute)
2. GloWorld Infinito: N15m/Min National and to all Network (N0.35k/First 30seconds)
3. Etisalat: N15/Min National and to All Networks with Daily charge of N20

Add
Gloprofit: 25k per sec to all Network using a minimum of N150 per day to qualify u for the next day. No rentals
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 04, 2010
any subscriber making a minimum of 10 mins will be best on the Glo profit and Zain 2good plan.

gloprofit: (10mins x 15)= N150
zain 2good: (1st minx36) + (9 minsxN12)=N144
Etibaba: (10 minsx15) + (N20daily)=N170
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by evilspirit: 10:21am On Dec 04, 2010
EMMAACHILE:

any subscriber making a minimum of 10 mins will be best on the Glo profit and Zain 2good plan.

which one is glo profit
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by evilspirit: 10:23am On Dec 04, 2010
EMMAACHILE:

which one be glo profit
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by aieromon(m): 12:49pm On Dec 04, 2010
evilspirit:

which one be glo profit

http://www.gloworld.com/prepaid_profit.asp
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by bestman09(m): 4:22pm On Dec 04, 2010
I am on my way to buy their sim card. Pls What is the migration code? MTN are suckers. I just use it to receive calls these days!!!!! Nothing good is comming their way
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by bijorium(m): 4:27pm On Dec 04, 2010
*446# is the code for migrating to the 2 good offer

Do a recharge of N100 to activate your 20 free Airtel to Airtel SMS.

As explained in earlier posts, your 1st 60 seconds of calls to any network in Nigeria is billed at 60kobo per second. All other calls till 11:59pm are billed at 20 kobo per second.

On -Net sms at N5 per sms
Local Off-Net Sms at N9 per sms
International Sms at N15 per sms
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Emmyk(m): 5:25pm On Dec 04, 2010
Please note. I recharged 200 today. I sent a txt to an airtel line. They deducted my 5naira, I call the c care (lol,she ws mistakenly calling it zain). Lodged the complain. She called me back,apologizd that THE TWENDY SMS DO NOT WORK ON WEEKENDS .
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Nobody: 7:37pm On Dec 04, 2010
evilspirit:

which one be glo profit

Gloprofit is a sim card that is sold at gloworld outlets/dealers.
All you need to do is buy the sim at N200 or so.
Good luck.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Jibson999(m): 10:05pm On Dec 04, 2010
guys do i have to load hundred naira daily to enjoy d zains 2good or just once? pls rply a.s.a.p
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by ibdguy: 11:51pm On Dec 04, 2010
Can't imagine why people have stuck with Network Crapiolla i.e MTN for so long!
It has always taken other networks saving us from their greed for subscribers to enjoy any level of affordable communication. Left to the yellow brigade, we would still be on per minute call charges paying 50 bucks a throw if not for Glo taking them on a few years ago!
Thank heavens for the real shake-up Airtel are aggressively trying to enforce.
For those who are still sceptically doubting this latest tariff offer, well don't- the 2 Good tariff works, and works well for that matter.
You actually don't need any credit on your phone to migrate. You will however need to recharge your account to obviously make calls; from where the first accumulated 60 seconds will cost you 36 Naira each new day. There after, all calls are charged at the bargain plan rate of 20 kobo per second or 12 Naira each minute.
I have it good authority from an Airtel manager friend of mine that its a direct response to the bleeding of customers to Etisalat who apparently now have between 5 and 6 million subscribers, as Eti offer 25k to all networks currently.
I've always liked the customer friendly approach of Econet Wireless, Vodafone, V-Mobile, Celtel, Zain, Airtel or whatever corporate incarnation they have chosen to take over the years, though I've often found them slow on the up-take when offering customers value added services before now.
Hopefully as Airtel, they can start repaying customers for all the loyalty and putting up with a multitude of name changes and corporate shifts over the years. No doubt this tariff plan is a massive and potentially hugely successful place to start. Go Airtel!!!
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by seyiphoto: 4:17am On Dec 05, 2010
ope oooo
so it seems it will neva come but alas some1 with solid backbone has come to challenge the hegemony and the cut throat hyper high cost of making a simple phone call.
this portends good for the avwrage citizen.
good work
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Otunbakay(m): 11:35am On Dec 05, 2010
seyiphoto:

ope oooo
so it seems it will neva come but alas some1 with solid backbone has come to challenge the hegemony and the cut throat hyper high cost of making a simple phone call.
this portends good for the avwrage citizen.
good work
My brother culd u imagine i bought the mtn hapi link bundle @ #550 and was given 22min voice call and 30sms to mtn only, and was also forced to use them within 30 days or else it will be forfeited, imagine that in this age and time-taking us back to the cruel days when we must use up our credit or forfeit it after sometime. TO AIRTEL I SAY A VERY BIG W-E-L-C-O-M-E.[b][/b]
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by abrahym(m): 2:08pm On Dec 05, 2010
big thanx to airtel, im loving it
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by surveycash(m): 3:53pm On Dec 05, 2010
Presently, I make calls @ N15/Min to all networks from my Glo line. Dont know if the offer is available in all locations. You can try *103*1*1#. Select 1 to confirm.

So, if Airtel drops to N9/Min, no fretting as I trust my Glo -the most competitive Network in price - will soon adjust accordingly. Glo. Rule your world.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by edoyad(m): 5:47pm On Dec 05, 2010
Who cares about phone calls ? Let them reduce price of packet data abeg.
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by passion007: 6:27pm On Dec 05, 2010
The Airtel move is really great news. I think we should begin a conspiracy against MTN. Let's all troop over to Airtel. Buy 2 Lines and give one to a friend. Who's with me?
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Nobody: 7:02pm On Dec 05, 2010
Mtn should be the most greedy network in Nigeria. This may be becos they make about 50% of their revenue from Nigeria.
They capitalise on the ignorance of most nigerians and d bible summarise it all "my people perish becos of lack of knowledge.
Overtime they would lose a lot of customers.
Airtel may be their biggest threat in Nigeria cos of their mode of operation and Airtel is the 5th largest operator in the world with MTN being in the 13th position worldwide.

extracts from http://www.techcentral.co.za/challenge-for-mtn-as-airtel-slashes-nigeria-rates/19641/

India’s Bharti Airtel has taken the axe to its tariffs in Nigeria, repeating a recent similar move in Kenya, slashing call rates in the West African nation by half, to just 12 naira (R0,55) a minute.
The move could spell trouble for bigger rivals MTN and Glo Mobile. But analysts have played down the financial effects on MTN.
Bharti acquired Zain — the pan-African assets of Kuwait’s Mobile Telecommunications Co — in a deal worth US$9bn, making it the second-largest mobile operator in Africa after MTN.
The company, which is known for offering dirt-cheap calls in India, is now rebranded the Zain operations as Airtel.
Not long after buying Zain, Airtel slashed retail rates in Kenya, sparking a price war. The Kenyan market is dominated by Safaricom, which has greater than 80% market share.
MTN investors have expressed concern that similar price cuts in Nigeria could spell trouble for the JSE-listed mobile group. Nigeria is MTN’s biggest and most profitable market. It has 51% market share in the populous nation.
Analysts say MTN will either have to match or come close to matching Bharti’s prices.
“A price cut will not be good news for MTN. It will have to drop its own prices to within range of Bharti’s new rate,” says Avior Research telecoms analyst David Lerche.
However, he says the Nigerian market is “very elastic” and lower rates should result in an increase in subscriber numbers.
BMI-TechKnowledge MD Denis Smit says a rate cut shouldn’t affect MTN too seriously. He says the company has almost certainly prepared itself for a tougher competitive environment.
“Telecoms is competitive all over the world now. The days of easy competition are long gone. Volumes should pick up as the rate gets cut,” Smit says. — Candice Jones, TechCentral
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by kcudemezue: 6:50am On Dec 06, 2010
I culdnt believ it til i tried it. If u hav an airtel line,dial *446#. And enjoy
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by Jibson999(m): 11:20am On Dec 06, 2010
edoyad:

Who cares about phone calls ? Let them reduce price of packet data abeg.
guy u talk sense. phone browsing should be totally free and pc should be 1000k for two months.(im not selfish, but its not as if d speed is dat good)
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by lazywealth(m): 8:55pm On Dec 06, 2010
Well, glo infinito sucks grin cheesy wink
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by lazywealth(m): 9:12pm On Dec 06, 2010
glo infinto sucks smiley wink cheesy
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by emmalezy(m): 10:58pm On Dec 06, 2010
its working oo
Re: Airtel Nigeria Drop Calls To N12 by semid4lyfe(m): 6:30am On Dec 07, 2010
Anyone know anything about airtel's packet data bundles for browsing on PC?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Upgrade Infinix Hot Note To Lollipop 5.1 [hot Thread] / MTN Secretly Reviewed Its Tariff Plans / Elon Musk To Fight Mark Zuckerberg In ‘Ancient Roman Setting’

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.