Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,162 members, 7,829,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:32 PM

Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos (26761 Views)

Telcos To Block Millions From Mobile Banking Over Banks Debt / Leaked Memo Shows Banks Asked Telcos To Charge For USSD (pics) / Illegal Data Renewal: Ncc To Slam N5m Fine On Defaulting Telcos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by abumeinben(m): 4:49pm On Dec 27, 2019
Davash222:
Okay... that’s good... but wetin NCC and Federal government dey use all these money do??

Roger wey dem spose take send small credit to men
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by MondayOsunbor(m): 4:56pm On Dec 27, 2019
sunshineV:
So NCC WILL SHARE THIS FINE WITH US AS GIVEAWAYS OR WHAT?

stupidity i dey fear for Nigeria future judging from comments in nairaland . future generation are in deep trouble
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Nobody: 4:59pm On Dec 27, 2019
Awesome!
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by semyman: 5:00pm On Dec 27, 2019
If it was when that man across the Niger was at the helm of affairs at NCC, these charges won't have come to light, there would have been under the table settlement.
Are those people cursed with corruption and fraud?
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Euphoria12: 5:02pm On Dec 27, 2019
wink

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2019
philip0906:

It's still a mystery why data is luxury in this part of the world. I have absolutely no idea why...

Years back (2009/2010) I paid 15,000cfa (Isocel network) for unlimited data in the Republic of Benin. Data was for 3 devices. Tiny Republic of Benin, here.
It is no mystery .
Data is expensive because NCC wants to keep it that way.
I was shocked to learn that NCC actually sets lower price limit that Telco must not charge below.

Whilst at same time preventing competitors to the chosen cartel Telcos from entering the market.

If the minister of communication is serious in bringing down charges for Airtime and Data, he needs to find out why NCC is effectively enabling and facilitating a cartel that keeps prices artificially high.
This would probably mean amending the law establishing NCC and MOU govt has with Telcos.

3 Likes

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Nobody: 5:03pm On Dec 27, 2019
To buy unlimited data plan sharing from glo join me on Whatsapp @
https:///FvbV23YnSdlLPBE88I5x51
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by philip0906(m): 5:04pm On Dec 27, 2019
GenBuhari:

It is no mystery .
Data is expensive because NCC wants to keep it that way.
I was shocked to learn that NCC actually sets lower price limit that Telco must not charge below.

Whilst at same time preventing competitors to the chosen cartel Telcos from entering the market.

If the minister of communication is serious in bringing down charges for Airtime and Data, he needs to find out why NCC is effectively enabling and facilitating a cartel that keeps prices artificially high.
Sickening!!!

2 Likes

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 27, 2019
philip0906:
Sickening!!!
indeed!

1 Like

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by frank417: 5:14pm On Dec 27, 2019
Just 2.8? Chicken money. They'll pay and still continue! 50 cent just bought a N1.2 billion Bugatti Chiron!
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Hypocrit: 5:17pm On Dec 27, 2019
Airtel is a big fraudster on this. They wont send you any message of consent even when they tell you to wait for the message, while their reversal code is a scam; e no dey work at all.
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Sofistcatdmoron: 5:20pm On Dec 27, 2019
everytime they a dealing with gsm telecom coys ,when will they knack dstv akpako
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by nototribalist: 5:26pm On Dec 27, 2019
I can't believe 9mobile is not there. I have stopped recharging my 9mobile sim cos they keep deducting N200 from me for one stupid bundle pack that I don't know it is

1 Like

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Coldie(m): 5:33pm On Dec 27, 2019
Abeg leave Airtel o.

Don't make things hard for we Airtel users
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by fabolouz1(m): 5:38pm On Dec 27, 2019
Expect these telcos to transfer the money to subscribers .
One can still remember that borrowing credit and data was free,after the NCc imposed fines on them for contravening the rules,these telcos began charging 15% for credit & data borrowed ,ensured data whether bought or borrowed drains fast and other crimes meted out to innocent subscribers .
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Cutehector(m): 5:42pm On Dec 27, 2019
Eya.. Not my Airtel cry I like Airtel so much.
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by alasane: 5:50pm On Dec 27, 2019
MISTAICEY02288:
SMH! Our Naija Telecommunications companies are nothing but useless thieves. They provide very poor service in the country and still extorting subscribers in crazy manners. Imagine these shameless lots can not even boast of stable 3G services in most parts of the country talk more making 4G stable, whereas 5G is already spreading in some sane countries...

It's only in Nigeria one will subscribe for data about 5 times or even more in a single week and the subscriptions are even done for outrageous amounts.. I personally know how much i spend on data every week talk more every month in this country..
I read comments of some Nigerians in diaspora recently on Instagram about how much they pay for internet services abroad and couldn't help but shame my head in shame for these criminals here...

One of the commenter said the amount he pays monthly for unlimited data on his phone in Malaysia is equivalent to just about 2500 when converted to Naira and he can do anything and download anything with the internet for that month..

Another person in Russia said he pays equivalent of 4k in Naira when he converts the amount he spends on unlimited internet per month.

Even I personally have been to some countries outside Nigeria and I know how much Internet cost over there..

And as if that isn't enough, now these criminals will still keep charging and getting their customers subscribed to different nonsense against their wishes..

If it were in saner climes, these companies would have been forced to sit up and do the right thing or get ready to pack their things and leave this country... Anyways, kudos to NCC on this. This is a great development.. More sanctions need to be put in place for these criminals..

2 Likes

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by soke02(m): 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2019
What about Clo?
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by faithfull18(f): 5:51pm On Dec 27, 2019
Airtel refunds once you contact their customer care.

MTN should be paying the highest, they don't refund even when they remove your data.
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by 2016easy2017: 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2019
DonFreshmoney:
AIRTEL IS USED TO THAT VERY WELL... I go recharge 3k for calls only.. then the useless network go deduct am on their own like say I send dem work....

Ensure ABBA Kyari doesn't siphon these money.. it must be put to good use

MTN is the worst. its time to fight these people back ourselves. MTN has always stolen my money countless number of times. we can do it this way,
we have 200M Nigerians.
surely MTN has more that 10M of us.
if each of us buys an MTN sim @ #200.
after making calls, we destroy the sim PIM!.
I learnt each sim costs them #2,000 to obtain.
if we destroy that sim at least 1 every week, we'll be destroying #20,000,000,000(#20B) every week.
then we make a demand for good service.
i swear, they will honor it sharp sharp.
when are we starting....you'll be notified. lets all help our govt. to fight corruption from foreigners

1 Like

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by bejeria101(m): 5:53pm On Dec 27, 2019
So what does this help? Medicine after death.
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by webngnews: 5:54pm On Dec 27, 2019
Aitel is worst and should pay the highest due to double data charges
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by 2016easy2017: 5:55pm On Dec 27, 2019
alasane:

MTN is the worst. its time to fight these people back ourselves. MTN has always stolen my money countless number of times. we can do it this way,
we have 200M Nigerians.
surely MTN has more that 10M of us.
if each of us buys an MTN sim @ #200.
after making calls, we destroy the sim PIM!.
I learnt each sim costs them #2,000 to obtain.
if we destroy that sim at least 1 every week, we'll be destroying #20,000,000,000(#20B) every week.
then we make a demand for good service.
i swear, they will honor it sharp sharp.
when are we starting....you'll be notified. lets all help our govt. to fight corruption from foreigners
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by 2016easy2017: 5:58pm On Dec 27, 2019
benmag9:
To buy unlimited data plan sharing from glo join me on Whatsapp @
https:///FvbV23YnSdlLPBE88I5x51

abi u dey craze ni!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by UncletC: 6:03pm On Dec 27, 2019
why is Glo network not included? l have even emailed NCC severally over undue data renewal... why is Glo not included?
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Emedu(m): 6:09pm On Dec 27, 2019
Glo is used to that. There was a time I forgot to cancel my auto renewal before my data expired, I called their customer care to help me to cancel it but she arrogantly told me it is impossible even when I had a plan to subscribe for higher one. I ended forcefully subscribe for the #1000.

We deserve better!
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by atmstyle: 6:29pm On Dec 27, 2019
DrGaius:
Way to go. These SPs, over the years, have become uncontrollable that if left unchecked, it will get to a point where subscribers would not be credited until they pay for the next subscription.
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by thundafire: 6:32pm On Dec 27, 2019
Y don't u guys also make them subscribe for their customers also xmcs dey 2billion na only NCC go wack am
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by bmdmixer: 6:33pm On Dec 27, 2019
who gets d moni

ARE YOU AN ARTIST? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by aminusodiq(m): 6:37pm On Dec 27, 2019
philip0906:

It's still a mystery why data is luxury in this part of the world. I have absolutely no idea why...

Years back (2009/2010) I paid 15,000cfa (Isocel network) for unlimited data in the Republic of Benin. Data was for 3 devices. Tiny Republic of Benin, here.
lmao... Tiny cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Data Renewal: NCC Slams N2.8bn Fines On Telcos by Nobody: 6:41pm On Dec 27, 2019
dre11:
• Aitel to cough up N2.39bn

• MTN, Glo to pay N396.9m

• Firms accused of forcefully subscribing customers

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/12/data-renewal-ncc-slams-n2-8bn-fines-on-telcos/

Will the fine money be paid to the subscribers?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Airtel Free Mb HOT / See The Top 7 Strange Looking Smartphones With Unique Features / Operators Licensed To Run 4G LTE Networks In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.